PDA

View Full Version : Palin rally tomorrow...

Stonebreaker
11-01-2008, 07:11 PM
In Owensville.

Anyone else going?

Cheesehead
11-01-2008, 11:50 PM
....ummm...no. Have you been to Owensville? She should do well there. They will love her, especially if she brings her rifle.

Stonebreaker
11-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Well...leave it to those on the left to be better, smarter, and more thoughtful than others. At least in their own minds.
Yes, I've visited Owensville, and I assure you....the people there are three times as nice as those in Hyde Park. Why? Because the people in Hyde Park not only think they are better than others, it's ingrained in them. Sad, really.

Cheesehead
11-02-2008, 09:40 AM
First, Lighten up Francis. It was a joke. Second, not sure where the Hyde Park thing comes up. I don't live there, never have. Third, I worked for the Clermont County court system for 10 years, so I have a pretty good feel for the county in general and if you even want do some interesting people watching, then attend the Clermont County Fair in....Owensville. Just saying...

Emp
11-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Did someone have a bad experience in Hyde Park once as a child? The capacity to generalize from anecdotal personal experience straight to bias is still working well on this board.

PM Thor
11-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Get Real Emporer. Just as the West Side has a stigma, so does Hyde Park.

drudy23
11-03-2008, 10:15 AM
The West Side rules.

xeus
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
The capacity to generalize from anecdotal personal experience straight to bias is still working well on this board.

If you think that phenomenon is somehow unique to this board, you need to get out more.

xeus
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
The West Side rules.

No it doesn't. We've covered this.

gladdenguy
11-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Well...leave it to those on the left to be better, smarter, and more thoughtful than others. At least in their own minds.
Yes, I've visited Owensville, and I assure you....the people there are three times as nice as those in Hyde Park. Why? Because the people in Hyde Park not only think they are better than others, it's ingrained in them. Sad, really.

I love the people who think they are better because they live in Hyde Park.
There is nothing special about Hyde Park. I do know those who you talk about. It is purely comical.

Xeus, you might not think the West Side rules, but we can sure play football.
State champs in 08....here come the Elder Panthers. WOOO HOOOOO.

xeus
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Xeus, you might not think the West Side rules, but we can sure play football.
State champs in 08....here come the Elder Panthers. WOOO HOOOOO.

I'm with you gg - would love to see another state championship for the GCL.

ATL Muskie
11-03-2008, 01:04 PM
If coach woulda put me in in the 4th quarter we'd be state champions. No doubt in my mind.

http://www.fantasyteamnames.com/images/uncle_rico.jpg

drudy23
11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
No it doesn't. We've covered this.

Well, most non west-siders think that Lower Price Hill, Sedamsville, and similar areas are what we are refering to when we say west-side. It's not. Even west-siders don't claim that as part of the west-side, even though it is on the west-side. I'll give you that the area around Elder isn't all that great...but 95% of the guys that go to Elder don't live in its general vicinity.

The west-side we refer to (Covedale, Western Hills, Delhi, Dent, Green Township, Miami Heights, etc) is just as nice, if not nicer, in parts, than Hyde Park...and cheaper. Have you ever seen some of the homes in Miami Heights, the area around Rapid Run middle school, areas of Visitation...the houses lining Cleves Warsaw down into Delhi are very similar to what you see in Hyde Park. Others near Rybolt...others by St Antoninus.

The misconception of the westside stems from the fact that no one ever goes over and no one knows what the hell they are talking about.

The attitude is definitely different as well.

Juice
11-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Drudy, what is your opinion on the "Covedale being a neighborhood or not" issue? I have seen some signs in yards what would be considered "Covedale" and I think it is hilarious.

drudy23
11-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Drudy, what is your opinion on the "Covedale being a neighborhood or not" issue? I have seen some signs in yards what would be considered "Covedale" and I think it is hilarious.

I think it's a stupid waste of time and money.

Does it really matter that it's officially not called Covedale when everyone already calls it Covedale anyway?

xeus
11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Have you ever seen some of the homes in Miami Heights, the area around Rapid Run middle school, areas of Visitation...the houses lining Cleves Warsaw down into Delhi are very similar to what you see in Hyde Park. Others near Rybolt...others by St Antoninus.

The misconception of the westside stems from the fact that no one ever goes over and no one knows what the hell they are talking about.

I haven't seen those areas because I don't go to the west side. It is dangerous and scary over there. Pit bulls run loose in the streets, general lawlessness abounds, and some west side neighborhoods are actually run by militant neighborhood groups, such as Westwood Concern.

Thanks but no thanks drudy.

gladdenguy
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Put it this way drudy, I would feel much more safe in the western hills (bridgetown road) area than hyde park. That is for sure.

Cheesehead
11-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm a northen suburb guy. We like generic things w/ little character. :)

drudy23
11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm a northen suburb guy. We like generic things w/ little character. :)

The areas up North are more like the Westside than Hyde Park.

drudy23
11-03-2008, 02:50 PM
I haven't seen those areas because I don't go to the west side.

Thanks for proving my point.

xeus
11-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for proving my point.

Like it's my fault drudy. C'mon, when's the last time you or gladdenguy invited me over to visit? NEVER.

XU 87
11-03-2008, 02:56 PM

The attitude is definitely different as well.

Now just hold on there a second. I for one may have lived on the eastside my entire life, but I have a general working knowledge of the westside. I've been to the Crow's Nest a bunch of times (a few times I drank a bunch of Hudy Delight on draft). I've had dinner, not once but twice, at that restaurant that used to be in the Western Hills Bowl. I had lunch at Price Hill Chili last year and met the owner (I lied and told him I was from Delhi). I even went on a date with a westsider in 1982.

So I consider myself wise in the ways of the westside.

drudy23
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Like it's my fault drudy. C'mon, when's the last time you or gladdenguy invited me over to visit? NEVER.

That's because you'd make fun of my car on blocks in the front yard, my shoes with holes in them, and my Hudy tap in my Elder decorated garage. Not to mention my sweet Trans Am.

Juice
11-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Now just hold on there a second. I for one may have lived on the eastside my entire life, but I have a general working knowledge of the westside. I've been to the Crow's Nest a bunch of times (a few times I drank a bunch of Hudy Delight on draft). I've had dinner, not once but twice, at that restaurant that used to be in the Western Hills Bowl. I had lunch at Price Hill Chili last year and met the owner (I lied and told him I was from Delhi). I even went on a date with a westsider in 1982.

So I consider myself wise in the ways of the westside.

87, I am in the same boat as you. I have frequented all of the hot spots on the westside like PHC, Sunset Pub, Holy Grail, Western Bowl, the Pit (Elder's 6th and 12 man), Western Sports Mall, Western Hills CC, etc. Am I forgetting anything Drudy?

XU 87
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
87, I am in the same boat as you. I have frequented all of the hot spots on the westside like PHC, Sunset Pub, Holy Grail, Western Bowl, the Pit (Elder's 6th and 12 man), Western Sports Mall, Western Hills CC, etc. Am I forgetting anything Drudy?

I think we left out Maloney's and the Wagon Wheel (does Carolyn Rose still bartend there?).

Cheesehead
11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I have been to the Pit for a Moeller game once. Very cool experience. I love it when people tailgate for HS football games. I think it's awesome.

Not being from Cincy, I don't have any HS allegiance. I think there are many good ones and I still have 2 years to fgure out where and what I can afford for my boy.

gladdenguy
11-03-2008, 03:18 PM

You have not mentioned an establishment in the prestigious bar district of Cheviot (pronounced chev-wa).

I think I should host the first annual "come to the westside away xavier game". Because the state troopers have been raiding champions drivers (21 duis in one night), champions has supplied a limo for 10 dollars a person if you are too intoxicated to drive. He would take you east siders home. We will have to set it up.

Juice
11-03-2008, 03:23 PM
You have not mentioned an establishment in the prestigious bar district of Cheviot (pronounced chev-wa).

I think I should host the first annual "come to the westside away xavier game". Because the state troopers have been raiding champions drivers (21 duis in one night), champions has supplied a limo for 10 dollars a person if you are too intoxicated to drive. He would take you east siders home. We will have to set it up.

Have not frequented the Chevwa bars but my friends have been trying to convince me to go, but since I read that two people were shot outside of Gary's, I think I am going to postpone my visit.

xeus
11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
champions has supplied a limo for 10 dollars a person if you are too intoxicated to drive. He would take you east siders home. We will have to set it up.

Uhhh, no thanks. I've seen "west side limos" before.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t13/bishops_magick/myClunker.jpg

Lamont Sanford
11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
If you guys can convince narrowminded folks like xeus and XU 87 to give the Westside a chance, then count me in for the away game experience too.

I was always told growing up that people from the Westside all had the same last name or were maried to a cousin.

Stonebreaker
11-03-2008, 04:38 PM
There's a west side in Cincy? Huh.