PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha Greg Oden!!!

xavierdude
10-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Greg Oden (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3671791)got hurt in his first regular season NBA game. I'm almost starting to feel sorry for him; but I don't think I ever will be able to, fully.

GuyFawkes38
10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I have to admit that Oden is too likable to feel good about his injury problems.

wkrq59
10-30-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't blame Oden as much as I blame the no-balls ref. And Matta for not admitting it. I wish the guy, Oden , would get healed and start playing. The Portland fans deserve better.:D

PMI
10-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree with Q. I'm not that bitter with Oden because it was a heat of the moment foul when they were down and needed the ball back. A little over-aggressive? I'd make that argument, but he's just the player. If the call should have been made, it should have been made by the zebras, not Oden.

Or maybe Matta should have made the call, but didn't because he's such an anti-Xavier beaknose prick who can only get off by watching us get F'ed like a turtle on its back.

Mark 3 Pointer
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
On the way to the Blue and White game on Friday I was listening to NPR and they had Stephen Fatsis on "all things considered" to preview the NBA season. He basically sucked off Greg Oden in the interview… I puked a little in my mouth.

“He will remind a lot of people of David Robison, the former San Antonio Spurs center; commanding court presence, and overall good guy… Oden has a good reputation.”

There is no doubt in my mind that if Greg Oden would have been called for an intentional on that play it would be remembered second only to Chris Weber’s time out as dumbest play ever in tournament history.

If the correct call would have been made Mr. Fatsis’s quote would have been something like this.

“You might remember former Ohio State center Greg Oden who intentionally fouled Xavier forward Justin Cage in the NCAA tournament of two years ago. That foul directly cost him and his teammates a trip to the sweet sixteen. Everyone is waiting to see if Greg has matured enough in the past 18 months to make the jump to the pro game.”

Victors write the history.

Here’s a link to the NPR interview… skip to about 1:55 to get the Oden crap.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96105761 (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96105761)

Stonebreaker
10-30-2008, 12:25 PM
My Lakers are looking good.

drudy23
10-30-2008, 12:27 PM

I guess so are "your" Phillies and Titans too.

XU05and07
10-30-2008, 02:37 PM

You sound like the intern in my office this summer (a UD student at that)..."My Mets", "My Angels". "My Bengals", "My Bearcats", etc

golfitup
10-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I strongly dislike Greg Oden. Don't forget he named his dog "McLovin Charles Barkley" or something of that ilk. But because he's a big famous athlete no one would tell what a horrible name that is or ever bust his chops for anything. Ugh.....i hate even thinking about Greg Oden because it takes me back to my seat in Rupp Arena. And St. Patrick's Day may never be the same for me. And my goddamn name is Patrick!!!!!!!

golfitup
10-30-2008, 03:59 PM
still more than a little bitter if you couldn't tell.....

Stonebreaker
10-30-2008, 04:13 PM
You sound like the intern in my office this summer (a UD student at that)..."My Mets", "My Angels". "My Bengals", "My Bearcats", etc

You sound like a bitter old man who's teams suck. :D