PDA

View Full Version : Media Guides Now Available

X-man
10-30-2008, 08:11 AM
I received the official media guides yesterday including, for the first time I believe, one for the women's team. They are very professionally done. I recommend them to all committed Muskie fans.

nuts4xu
10-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Are you a premium 1 ticket holder? I know there is a segment of the season ticket holders that receive the media guides as part of their deal, but I don't know where the cut off is. I am premium 2 and have always bought my own. They are available on line, but I like to keep a paper copy around the house.

Muskie
10-30-2008, 09:03 AM
I believe your AFO level might also get you a free guide, depending on donation level.

X-man
10-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Are you a premium 1 ticket holder? I know there is a segment of the season ticket holders that receive the media guides as part of their deal, but I don't know where the cut off is. I am premium 2 and have always bought my own. They are available on line, but I like to keep a paper copy around the house.

nuts, I am also a Premium II ticketholder. As such, I also do not get the guides gratis. In this case, I believe the guides were sent to me because of my connection to Xavier's Athletic Board. But they are slick.

Muskie
10-30-2008, 02:09 PM
I'd purchase one if they'd put the Order form up.

xujoe
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
I will get one as a premium I ticketholder. They usually have them for sale at the first exhibition game.

Also, for anyone into that stuff, be sure to get a copy of the Blue Ribbon Yearbok of college basketball. Mine arrived Friday. All others are worthless compared to Blue Ribbon. The only problem is that there is so much in there, that the print ends up being so small.

X-man
10-30-2008, 07:42 PM
I'd purchase one if they'd put the Order form up.

I suggested this afternoon to the powers that be that the guides be put up for sale on the GoXavier web site. I was told that they would check out the feasibility of doing so.

American X
11-02-2008, 09:35 AM
The 2008-2009 Media Guides are finally available to order. I have been checking every day for a few weeks.

Media Guide Order Form (http://goxavier.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/xavi/genrel/auto_pdf/xavi-08-pub-order)

It is also availabe online by sections in pdf:

Media Guide Online (http://goxavier.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/0809-media-guide.html)

Muskie
11-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I was just looking for this. I'm in for one (though it appears they are $10 more than last year).

Statman
11-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I highly suggest getting one of the media guides this year. It is unique and worth the extra money. First, it is being printed in landscape. This is a major twist for these books, as I know of no other school that doesn't print their guides in portrait. I've heard a story that a major media writer commented that when he put the book in his bookcase, it stuck out. Coach Miller responded to the writer with, "exactly!!"

Also, the paper is a lot thicker stock than the average media guide. This book is going to standup over time, almost to suggest that this may be one that will be read for years to come. . . okay, a stretch there, but the paper quality is a lot better than most.

Except for those schools that print hardbound media guides, this is the nicest one out there.

Kahns Krazy
11-05-2008, 10:14 AM
I highly suggest getting one of the media guides this year. It is unique and worth the extra money. First, it is being printed in landscape. This is a major twist for these books, as I know of no other school that doesn't print their guides in portrait. I've heard a story that a major media writer commented that when he put the book in his bookcase, it stuck out. Coach Miller responded to the writer with, "exactly!!"

What sort of retard places books on his shelf based on the orientation of the writing inside?

Oh, you did say "major media writer". Nevermind. Question answered.

Cheesehead
11-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Can one get it down at the Ticket Office or does it have to be done online?

With gas at $1.83 down the road, I might just drive down there and get it.

The Artist
11-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm sure they'll be for sale at Friday's game if you're there.

gladdenguy
11-05-2008, 11:33 AM
What sort of retard places books on his shelf based on the orientation of the writing inside?

Oh, you did say "major media writer". Nevermind. Question answered.

Please don't use that "r" word when you post.