PDA

View Full Version : I love being me

Firehose
10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I spoke recently with some members of the Cintas Center event staff about volleyball and the new season and what have you and one person in particular mentioned that the tone just wasn't the same this year that it had been for the past few years. A lot less extreme and a little bit more vulgar for the sake of being vulgar. This person told me that when, at a volleyball game, I told a girl serving that I wanted to take her home, put rouge on her cheeks, put her in a little pink dress and call her the prettiest girl at the prom, the whole staff got a laugh out of it, but when a staffer from the other school demanded that I be removed for threatening to abduct the player, he was told the following:

"He's funny, he's loud, and he loves his team. Go fuck yourself."

If I had known these things were transpiring when I actually was in school, I would have brought cases to the games to pass out to staff... you know... just to see how much they'd let me get away with when I REALLY butter them up.

PM Thor
10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
A typical Tuesday night for Firehose. DC has nothing on him.

XU05and07
10-28-2008, 10:17 PM
I wish I could get a 12 minute video on here that shows a typical night for Firehose...it explains a ton

Firehose
10-28-2008, 10:38 PM
I wish I could get a 12 minute video on here that shows a typical night for Firehose...it explains a ton

Are you implying that binge drinking, breaking shot glasses, insulting my friends' girlfriends, punching myself in the genitals, and projectile vomiting are in some way abnormal?

Fred Garvin
10-28-2008, 11:09 PM
This Firehose has potential. I like the cut of his jib.

Firehose
10-28-2008, 11:28 PM
You know, from the outside looking in, the title of my thread might have been seen by some as arrogant, possibly even self-aggrandizing, but to you, the fine fellows of this community (do we have women here, by the way?) I am a well-respected, much-beloved, thoroughly valuable member of our internet forum, and I thank you for treating me with the dignity that I feel I deserve.

So who has a daughter that needs a date to their winter dance, cause I've got a suit, a flask, and a riding crop, and that's how I spell a memorable evening.

blobfan
10-28-2008, 11:31 PM
... (do we have women here, by the way?) ...

Yes, there are a few of us females here. We are easily amused but not easily offended.

Firehose
10-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Yes, there are a few of us females here. We are easily amused but not easily offended.

I should hope that you are easily amused. You have ties to Cincinnati, which means that you have some significant experience providing your own fun.

DC Muskie
10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
I need to hang out with Firehose. I said hi to a woman on the street the other day and got punched in the face. Found out that I am in fact, a bleeder.

Jumpy
10-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I need to hang out with Firehose. I said hi to a woman on the street the other day and got punched in the face. Found out that I am in fact, a bleeder.

Just like an eating dog, you don't mess with a jones-ing DC crackhead.

ATL Muskie
10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't mind the title of the thread. I'm just waiting for the inevitable Guy Fawkes' "The reason I hate Firehose" thread in response.

Firehose
10-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't mind the title of the thread. I'm just waiting for the inevitable Guy Fawkes' "The reason I hate Firehose" thread in response.

It's like the end of the world... just because it's inevitable and likely coming soon, there's no reason we can't have fun with it.

Firehose
10-29-2008, 10:31 AM

If I walked around with you, people would probably assume you were more important than you are, given my overall size and penchant for wearing black.

XU05and07
10-29-2008, 10:35 AM
If I walked around with you, people would probably assume you were more important than you are, given my overall size and penchant for wearing black.

It would be like Rob and Big...that's probably what it looked like as I (5'9" 165 lbs at the time) was carrying Firehose (6' whatever 200 whatever pounds) from the Commons to Beunger Hall at 4 in the morning

DC Muskie
10-29-2008, 12:16 PM

It would be the only time in my life people would overestimate me.

Firehose
10-30-2008, 12:01 AM
It would be like Rob and Big...that's probably what it looked like as I (5'9" 165 lbs at the time) was carrying Firehose (6' whatever 200 whatever pounds) from the Commons to Beunger Hall at 4 in the morning

And even though I don't remember it, I'll never forget it.

Smooth
10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
And even though I don't remember it, I'll never forget it.

I want that put on my headstone....................except that I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread in dayton's water supply.

Decisions, decisions.

nuts4xu
10-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I gotta party with this Firehose guy.

He seems like a righteous dude.

Firehose
10-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I want that put on my headstone....................except that I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread in dayton's water supply.

Decisions, decisions.

We have a marble block that my dad's ashes are encased in and there's enough space on the plaque for an epitaph. Anymore, you actually can have it all ways.

Firehose
11-01-2008, 09:01 PM
On Thursday I got a call from Thomas More College asking me if I was still interested in a position I applied to so long ago that I forgot I applied. Granted, I still need to have my interview, but come Tuesday afternoon, I wholeheartedly anticipate having a job that lets me answer the phone by saying my name rather than "Thank you for calling Men's Wearhouse, fine fashion and formal wear. This is [Firehose] speaking, how can I help you?"

Just to reiterate, I love being me.

Fred Garvin
11-01-2008, 11:03 PM
On Thursday I got a call from Thomas More College asking me if I was still interested in a position I applied to so long ago that I forgot I applied. Granted, I still need to have my interview, but come Tuesday afternoon, I wholeheartedly anticipate having a job that lets me answer the phone by saying my name rather than "Thank you for calling Men's Wearhouse, fine fashion and formal wear. This is [Firehose] speaking, how can I help you?"

Just to reiterate, I love being me.

Hose, have you purchased any casual ware. You're going to like the way you look. I guarantee it.