PDA

View Full Version : Plot to Kill Obama Broken Up

D-West & PO-Z
10-27-2008, 04:16 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10272008/news/nationalnews/the_plot_to_kill_obama_135558.htm

GuyFawkes38
10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
wow. scary stuff.

Part of me just wants Obama to end campaigning and enter an undisclosed bunker.

GoMuskies
10-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Part of me just wants Obama to end campaigning and enter an undisclosed bunker.

That would be good. Because then he wouldn't win.

Well thought out plot by these 18 and 20 year old Einsteins.

DC Muskie
10-27-2008, 04:32 PM
What do the numbers 88 and 14 mean?

White supremacists are stupid.

AdamtheFlyer
10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
88 - H is the 8th letter of the alhpabet - HH - Heil Hitler

14 refers to the "14 Words" slogan - "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

Learned that on "Gangland". Very, very disturbing and disgusting stuff. Fascinating and sickening at the same time.

BBC 08
10-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Following the logic of 88, 14 would be AD, which means 'Amino Domini' - in the year of our lord. Don't know what that means in regards to white supremacist though.

Snipe
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
How bizarre. I don't think it was actually a credible threat against Obama.

Those guys are sound mental.

I am not a lawyer but I wonder how strong the case is against them They planned to rob a gun shop, kill 102 black youths at an undecided school, then embark on a state to state killing spree, robbing and killing people along the way. They were going to kill Obama last. Their plan was to drive real fast at him and shoot out of the car windows.

They hadn't done any of it, and I think their lawyer will say it was all trash talk. They did catch them with a sawed off shot gun.

DC Muskie
10-27-2008, 04:51 PM
88 - H is the 8th letter of the alhpabet - HH - Heil Hitler

14 refers to the "14 Words" slogan - "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

Learned that on "Gangland". Very, very disturbing and disgusting stuff. Fascinating and sickening at the same time.

That's just stupid.

I watched Gangland, but missed out on that. I watch the Mexican gangs and the MS 13 stuff. Again, stupid but fascinating at the same time, like you said.

Stonebreaker
10-27-2008, 05:12 PM
The ONE time govt finds a plot before it happens....

Kahns Krazy
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
The ONE time govt finds a plot before it happens....

Sick.

I laughed out loud, but still, sick.

chico
10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Following the logic of 88, 14 would be AD, which means 'Amino Domini' - in the year of our lord. Don't know what that means in regards to white supremacist though.

Anyone think these guys can actually count this high?

Stonebreaker
10-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Then again...there is an APB out for a woman fitting this description.

http://www.melissaclouthier.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/20080829-233739-pic-575956262_t600.jpg

vee4xu
10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Utterly disgusting no matter how you roll politically.

pickledpigsfeet
10-27-2008, 07:27 PM
One guy's name was only one letter off of describing him, he just needed a d at the end instead of a t. (Cowart) These idiots make me sick.

Also, they apparently would have been well dressed according to the article on CNN.com, wearing white tuxes and top hats.

jdm2000
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah, these two weren't geniuses. Kill 102 African Americans (including beheading 14). Then assassinate Obama--by "driving as close as they could" and shooting from their windows, all while wearing white tuxedoes with top hats.

You really can't make this shit up, can you?

waggy
10-27-2008, 08:18 PM
http://wjnoblog.com/wp-content/nazi.jpg

ATL Muskie
10-27-2008, 08:24 PM
They said they would wear white tuxedos and top hats. I'm thinking it would be more along these lines:

http://homepage.mac.com/ndekke39/movies_files/dumb.jpg

PMI
10-27-2008, 08:24 PM
"Boy this party really died."

PM Thor
10-27-2008, 11:33 PM
The ATF is brilliant. Neo Nazis going after Obama? Whaaaa? I am shocked that no one else saw that one coming.

Next up, the KKK.

wkrq59
10-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Sadly, this is just the start. Somehow I don't think a judge, if this thing goes to trial, will give either defense or prosecution a lot of leeway.
Maybe we haven't come as far as we think we have, not that those crazies are anything but.:(

Jumpy
10-28-2008, 06:02 AM
I can't help but think that all this was "emo-kid" B.S. If someone were serious about a plot of this magnitude, they 1) would have a better plan, and 2) wouldn't brag about it to everyone they knew. This was nothing more than two hicks looking for attention.

I read one was from Tenn. and one was from 'Bama. How did they meet?

jdm2000
10-28-2008, 06:22 AM
I can't help but think that all this was "emo-kid" B.S. If someone were serious about a plot of this magnitude, they 1) would have a better plan, and 2) wouldn't brag about it to everyone they knew. This was nothing more than two hicks looking for attention.

I read one was from Tenn. and one was from 'Bama. How did they meet?

My guess: eHarmony.com. With their 29 dimensions of compatibility, they must have known these two would get along great.

pickledpigsfeet
10-28-2008, 07:16 AM
The CNN article said that they met through a mutual friend online.

XU05and07
10-28-2008, 08:13 AM

In a round-a-bout way, we can blame Al Gore for this

Mrs. Garrett
10-28-2008, 08:37 AM
How bizarre. I don't think it was actually a credible threat against Obama.

Those guys are sound mental.

I am not a lawyer but I wonder how strong the case is against them They planned to rob a gun shop, kill 102 black youths at an undecided school, then embark on a state to state killing spree, robbing and killing people along the way. They were going to kill Obama last. Their plan was to drive real fast at him and shoot out of the car windows.

They hadn't done any of it, and I think their lawyer will say it was all trash talk. They did catch them with a sawed off shot gun.

Way to throw your support behind the white power guys, Snipe.

I'm sure no one thought those kids could pull off Columbine either.

DC Muskie
10-28-2008, 08:42 AM

Dr. Neil Clark Warren

Snipe
10-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Way to throw your support behind the white power guys, Snipe.

I'm sure no one thought those kids could pull off Columbine either.

I am not supporting the white power guys. I don't think it is funny. I do not support racists of any color.

The guys at Columbine seemed to have a more detailed plan. These guys planed to rob a house to get some money, rob a gun store to get some guns and raid a school and kill loads of children. That hadn't done any of these things and they hadn't even identified the school.

The description of their plan to kill Obama: 'Drive real fast at him and shoot out the windows' is really special.

I am not saying that these guys shouldn't have been arrested if they are bragging to everyone about how they are going to kill people. I just wonder who much of it is going to stick. I think they will deny that they intended to do any of it and claim it was all crazy talk.

Reading the articles about it one of them brought up the fact that it has not been determined if the threat was credible. News broke out of another assasination attempt by Neo-Nazi meth heads in Denver at the Democratic Convention earlier this summer. In the end it wasn't found to be a credible threat. The fact that the ATF uncovered a plot by skinheads to kill Obama made national news yesterday, but it appears this isn't a credible threat either. To define credible (in my opinion) it would have to be a valid threat to kill Obama and the people doing it would have to have ability to carry it out.

jdm2000
10-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Dr. Neil Clark Warren

Quit stealing my material, DC! (See post a few above this.) :D

ATL Muskie
10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I tend to agree with Snipe's points. I'm not discounting the utter craziness of these morons, but it does seem to be a lot of coverage of a seemingly bone-headed "plot." Which, don't get me wrong, is good. Law enforcement tends to stop things like this, but tend to NOT stop the well-made plans. Why? Well, because the ones that are actually executed are well-made and well-planned- unfortunately. Columbine, Tim McVeigh, 9/11, etc. All of these were well-planned.

My question is, is this story getting a lot of coverage because of the intended target while others are not getting coverage. I'd be willing to bet there are and have been thousands of f'ed up schemes to kill W, McCain, etc. We just never hear about them.

dicoumarin
10-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I didn't laugh. Stonebreaker your comment is neither cute or funny. At best, it reflects a shallowness , at worst, it is disgusting and highly offensive statement.

ATL Muskie
10-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I didn't laugh. Stonebreaker your comment is neither cute or funny. At best, it reflects a shallowness , at worst, it is disgusting and highly offensive statement.

http://www.barracudafantasysports.com/images/gallery/hulka.jpg

blobfan
10-28-2008, 12:49 PM

I laughed. I guess those of us that giggled have read the boards enough to see Stoney as a benign jokester. I don't know him personally but haven't seen any evidence that he would honestly condone assassination. Given the amount of trash talk and tastelessness thrown around the boards he likely assumed we'd understand he's not serious. Especially since we're talking about a couple of morons that publicly made threats and dreamed of doing a drive-by in white tuxedos. Not just dressed up: WHITE TUXEDOS!!! Forgive us if we don't think these kids were a real threat, except to themselves.

Now, if a bunch of thugs go running around wearing white sheets and burning crosses, threatening to throw Obama up on the next one, you'll likely see a lot less humor. I think the man is going to destroy this country but real assassination attempts and threats by narrow-minded biggots are NOT funny.

Snipe
10-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Man Solicits Assassination of President, Pleads for Less Than 5 Years (http://patterico.net/2008/07/17/man-solicits-assassination-of-president-pleads-for-less-than-5-years/)

Here was a foiled attempt to kill President Bush earlier this year that came through the Fifth Circut.

T]he facts and the evidence are at odds with the Defendant’s allegation that he probably would not have tried to kill the President. The evidence shows that the Defendant and his co-defendant met with a potential accomplice, and that they attempted to recruit that person to participate in the assassination of the President. The evidence further shows that the Defendant and his co-defendant, at the time of their arrest, were en route to Crawford, Texas to conduct reconnaissance at the President’s ranch. In light of those facts, the Court should not credit the Defendant’s assertion that he probably would not have attempted the assassination.

The guy got less than five years, and the item was never covered in the press. Conducting reconnaissance on the President's ranch seems like a bit more of a solid plan than dressing up in tuxes, driving real fast at Obama and shooting guns out of the windows.

Maybe the whole thing yesterday was to gain the news cycle away from release of Obama's Marxist radio comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivL4c_3pck).

DC Muskie
10-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Quit stealing my material, DC! (See post a few above this.) :D

I know I thought I was helping add to the joke!

The Artist
10-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Man Solicits Assassination of President, Pleads for Less Than 5 Years (http://patterico.net/2008/07/17/man-solicits-assassination-of-president-pleads-for-less-than-5-years/)

Here was a foiled attempt to kill President Bush earlier this year that came through the Fifth Circut.

The guy got less than five years, and the item was never covered in the press. Conducting reconnaissance on the President's ranch seems like a bit more of a solid plan than dressing up in tuxes, driving real fast at Obama and shooting guns out of the windows.

Maybe the whole thing yesterday was to gain the news cycle away from release of Obama's Marxist radio comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivL4c_3pck).

Man they've been working so hard since 2001 to try to get away from the interview. Thank goodness they've succeeded.

Emp
10-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah, how could anyone consider Oswald a creditable risk to shoot several people in a moving car. Or some fruitcake trying to impress Jody Foster.

Gotta hand it to Snipe, if there is a thread to be hijacked, he's there.

jdm2000
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I know I thought I was helping add to the joke!

My bad! Now that I realize that, I totally approve of your comments.

I believe you and Snipe would also be matched on eHarmony.

Snipe
10-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Yeah, how could anyone consider Oswald a creditable risk to shoot several people in a moving car. Or some fruitcake trying to impress Jody Foster.

Gotta hand it to Snipe, if there is a thread to be hijacked, he's there.

Every one of my posts has been on topic. I have not hijacked this thread.

I thought about Oswald when I wrote my opinions. Had Oswald been discovered with a rifle on his way downtown I doubt he would have been in much trouble. Part of the problem and part of the blessing of our legal system is that you are innocent until proven guilty. I doubt that Oswald would have served hard time if he would have been taken into custody with claims that he was a harm to Kennedy.

You may believe that these guys were actually going to don white tuxes and drive real fast at Obama and shoot out the window. I suspect they didn't even mean it or have the means to accomplish it. It appears that the charge that will stick is that they had a sawed off shotgun. I don't think they reported any outstanding warrants or criminal records. I could be wrong. I have limited knowledge and I am ignorant of the particular facts of this case. I read a few articles and that is it. My take is limited, but it is my take on the situation.

One of these guys is 18 years old, and I don't think he has a criminal record. Do you advocate locking him up for life for attempting to kill the Messiah by dressing in a tux and driving real fast? I don't give a rat's ass about these guys, and I am not against thinning the herd every now and then. I thought it was liberals like you that defended their rights to be rehabilitated.

jdm2000
10-29-2008, 06:31 AM
I believe everbody willing to wear a white tuxedo and top hat should be locked up.