PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Latham (COMMIT XAVIER)

xufan02
10-21-2008, 09:34 AM
This is a name you are going to want to keep an eye on. Rivals top 50 recruit in 2010.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=66803&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d668 03%26season%3d2010

DAllen15
10-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Rivals has a number of schools involved, including X.

xu95
10-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Xavier could get a name or two on the board for 2010 before the Russian joins us in 09.

xu95

xufan02
10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Xavier could get a name or two on the board for 2010 before the Russian joins us in 09.

xu95

I agree, Kyryl has not even taken his SAT/ACT yet which is needed in order to take official visits. He is likely to sign in the late period, but we are further along with guys like JD, Latham, Hale, Gauna, etc. I would not be suprised to get at least one on the board before we know if we are going to use or last ship in 2009. Also if they miss on Kyryl it would be nice to hold that ship and land 3 in 2010, perhaps 4 if Brown leaves.

MHettel
10-21-2008, 01:58 PM
It would be very nice to press on a 2010 kid with the idea that we've got an open PF spot right now, if you are willing to commit. Then we could possibly target a top PF JUCO kid with our available ship to get us through 2009, and our 2010 freshman could be the primary backup to the JUCO in 2010, and have the position after that.

xufan02
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Right now the majority of the top prospects in the 2009 class have either verballed or they are in the process of taking their official visits. The only prospects left are either boderline players, Juco players, Foreign players, or a few elite recruits that are going to test the European market, or wait until the very end of their season to commit. (Tyreke Evans 0f 2008)

Xavier is still waiting on Kyryl, but at the same time their 2009 options are limited. Honestly, if they were to go after another PF/C at this stage out of what is left in the 2009 class, they are going to get nothing more than a project, limited role player, or a player that takes away a scholarship from guys like JD Weatherspoon, Justin Martin, Jordan Latham, Donnie Hale, Alex Gauna, and Adriane Payne of the class of 2010.

At this point our 2009 class looks to be Kevin Parrom and Mark Lyons (he will be reclassified if he is on pace to graduate). Parrom and an eligible Crawford will soften the blow of a graduating CJ and BJ. Derrick Brown going pro would be a big blow, but we still have Love, Frease, McLean, Taylor, and Parrom who could help in the frontcourt if he left.

Giddyup37
11-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Latham Committed to xavier today! http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog05&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3afdda4dab-ab39-43a7-8ba8-36da2f75a889Post%3a603abf07-dead-41b1-b4cf-35497e224826&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

xufan02
12-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Interview with Jordan Latham

http://www.digitalsports.com/video/type/organization/typeid/65515/id/1731256.aspx

XURunner85
12-23-2008, 11:14 PM
The guy doing the interview needs to learn to pronounce Xavier correctly he kept saying Eggsavier.....

xufan02
03-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Latham wins a state championship too

http://www.digitalsports.com/article/type/organization/typeid/65515/id/57454.aspx

Cincy Muskie
03-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Sweet. Thanks for posting. I like his quote in the article. JD and Jordan make one hell of a class.

Espe
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Has anyone seen video on him? I have yet to see any.

waggy
03-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Glad to see Jordan getting some love around here. Congrats to that young man.

kyxu
03-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Jordan Latham has to be the least talked about top 50 Xavier recruit ever (out of what like three?). Part of that may have to do with the fact that he committed so early and still has another year left, but probably even moreso because he's not a local kid (Baltimore) and achievements aren't as highly publicized around here.

xufan02
03-31-2009, 08:25 PM
I think this kid has all the natural talent to be a great player at Xavier. I do not see Payne coming to Xavier because of him. I feel Jordan will be better when it is all said and done.

waggy
03-31-2009, 08:58 PM
I think this kid has all the natural talent to be a great player at Xavier. I do not see Payne coming to Xavier because of him. I feel Jordan will be better when it is all said and done.

You could be right, but Sean has shown that he is willing to play even the 5 (Duncan) on the perimeter. Not that Payne is a 5, but the point is that interchangability 3 thru 5, even down to the 2, or Jackson at the point has it's advantages. The taller the better. Rod Odom is an interesting recruit being 6'-8" with some perimeter skills, reportedly. I think it would be wrong thinking if Payne looked at the other recruits coming in as a negative to his playing time, or the "position" he would play, 'cause I don't think it's the least bit true. Sean will play to the players strengths, while expanding their games over time.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-07-2009, 06:12 PM
any official word yet? i heard he de committed as well but has not been confirmed..

kyxu
04-07-2009, 06:13 PM
He's no longer a "commit" to Xavier on rivals, so I think that's about as official as you're going to get.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
sweet. so all we have left is parrom...who isnt a lock by any means anymore...

that would leave 0 recruits

kyxu
04-07-2009, 06:16 PM

It's not a fortunate situation, but I don't think Xavier is out of the picture for all of them just yet.

xu15
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I want them back damnit, and the way to do that is kick ass next year.

JWSmuskie
04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Latham, like Weatherspoon, has decommited from xavier according to rivals. Can things get worse? Sean really fucked us over and he also plans on stealing Latham. Rivals lists Arizona and xavier as some of his options. Any chance that if mack is hired
He will still be a muskie?

Espe
04-08-2009, 02:38 PM
They only way we would have a chance at him is if Book remained on the staff.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
They only way we would have a chance at him is if Book remained on the staff.

Does anyone know the status of Book? I imagine he's as good as gone with Sean.

blobfan
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know the status of Book? I imagine he's as good as gone with Sean.

I've heard he's definitely gone.

XU 87
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I had read earlier that Book was gone. Now there may be some small chance that he's staying.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I had read earlier that Book was gone. Now there may be some small chance that he's staying.

I guess there's always a chance, even if its .01%...

So if Book goes, Parrom will probably opt out too since he was Book's recruit...

chico
04-08-2009, 03:25 PM

So you're telling me there's a chance.

http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/lloydchristmas.jpg?w=212&h=279

SixFig
04-08-2009, 03:43 PM
http://sbqsam.com/maitred.jpg

"I weep for the future"

Xman95
04-08-2009, 10:25 PM
http://sbqsam.com/maitred.jpg

"I weep for the future"

Don't get snooty with me.

Strange Brew
04-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Don't get snooty with me.

Snotty?

Love Ferris/Abe Frohman.

stjamesxu08
04-12-2009, 10:50 PM

i'm sorry but we still have parrom until he is released by the university, and that won't occur until we hire a new coach and the new coach is able to sit down and talk to him...he already signed his letter of intent to play for xavier, essentially making him property of the university, so if he wants out Bobo and X have to approve...so as far as i'm concerned kevin will be in a xavier uniform next year whether he likes it or not...

...and as for weatherspoon has anyone gotten ANY OFFICIAL word that he is in fact committing to Zona? I haven't seen it anywhere and it isn't posted anywhere on his recruiting thread

AviatorX
04-12-2009, 10:57 PM
i'm sorry but we still have parrom until he is released by the university, and that won't occur until we hire a new coach and the new coach is able to sit down and talk to him...he already signed his letter of intent to play for xavier, essentially making him property of the university, so if he wants out Bobo and X have to approve...so as far as i'm concerned kevin will be in a xavier uniform next year whether he likes it or not...

...and as for weatherspoon has anyone gotten ANY OFFICIAL word that he is in fact committing to Zona? I haven't seen it anywhere and it isn't posted anywhere on his recruiting thread

Does he even have an offer from Arizona?

stjamesxu08
04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
aviatorx...i read on another thread (i think the "its official book and whitford..." one) that someone said that weatherspoon was going to arizona...but like i said i haven't read it anywhere except on here...now i could be overreaching on what i read and it could just be someone's opinion on the matter

AviatorX
04-12-2009, 11:12 PM
aviatorx...i read on another thread (i think the "its official book and whitford..." one) that someone said that weatherspoon was going to arizona...but like i said i haven't read it anywhere except on here...now i could be overreaching on what i read and it could just be someone's opinion on the matter

I think I also saw that Weatherspoon said he would potentially go out there if he got an offer from Arizona. Once a coach is hired, we'll know more....seems like thats been said more than a few times.

stjamesxu08
04-12-2009, 11:25 PM
that would be the ultimate dagger in this whole ordeal...jd easily had the biggest upside of the 2010 recruits and would have been a perfect fit with crawford and lyons dishing to him and heaving up oops left and right to him...it would really hurt to see him go...even losing book isn't the end of the world, he's going to have a lot of trouble convincing east coast and nyc ballers to go that far away from home to play ball

D-West & PO-Z
04-12-2009, 11:42 PM

That wont happen. Xavier wont let him out until they hire a new coach, but if he wants out after that, he will be let out.

wkrq59
04-13-2009, 12:10 AM
I've seen nothing on Latham, but I may have missed it. Weatherspoon's coach says he is opening his recruiting and the comment from Weatherspoon was "I'm opening my recruiting to include Arizona. I committed to play for Sean Miller. But Xavier is still in the mix. I could end up at Xavier."
Parrom is here unless he's released. You can bet if Mack is named coach, one of his first phone calls will be to Parrom assuring him little if anything has changed, and please wait until I can come to see you. Weatherspoon and Latham will both receive similar calls if not visits immediately.
It would not surprise me should Mack be named today (Monday) he'll be in Columbus, leave from there to Baltimore if that's where Latham is and the fly directly to wherever the hell Parrom is before zipping back here for the banquet. That might be a good use for that private jet that should be at his disposal for recruiting.
And while he's out on the patching up love network, he might pick up an assistant coach or two.:D

dnyed
04-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Latham has opened up his options, not ruled X out but is not committed at this time.

Berger
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
im not disagreeing with you guys but how come they have put Weatherspoon and an undeclared and Latham still going to Xavier at ESPN? Has the press not contacted him?

X-man
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
According to this link, Miller continues to try to "stick it" to Xavier by going after Latham. But Latham appears to still have the Muskies at the top of his list. Here's the link: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/

gladdenguy
05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Excellent stuff X-man!!!

[Note to Xeus: that was not a complaint]

xeus
05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Screw Miller! He's a jerk! He has no integrity, no scruples, and he called our program a Buick! I hate him so much!

Did I cover everything?

paulxu
05-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Screw Miller! He's a jerk! He has no integrity, no scruples, and he called our program a Buick! I hate him so much!

Did I cover everything?

You forgot "his mother dresses him funny."

xeus
05-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Excellent stuff X-man!!!

[Note to Xeus: that was not a complaint]

Note to gladdenguy - why do I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer?

xeus
05-08-2009, 01:52 PM
You forgot "his mother dresses him funny."

Do you mean Sean Miller or gladdenguy?

paulxu
05-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Do you mean Sean Miller or gladdenguy?

Definitely Miller. We don't know if gladdenguy is a guy. (But I assume he is)

jamal4xu
05-08-2009, 01:57 PM
This post should be re-labeled "More Latham Stuff" versus the current headline. Regardless, good info and here's to hoping we still land Latham!

A10fan
05-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Nice update on Latham. X is definitely not out of the picture!

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/

"Coach Mack, he really wants me to still attend Xavier,” Latham said. “He really likes my game, my attitude and me as a person. He really wants to coach me. ... I’m seriously considering sticking with them, but I’m looking at my options also. They’re probably the number one team on my list right now.”

gladdenguy
05-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Did I cover everything?

I liked that.

Again, not a complaint.

xeus
05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
This post should be re-labeled "More Latham Stuff" versus the current headline. Regardless, good info and here's to hoping we still land Latham!

I (admittedly, rather arbitrarily) changed the title.

xeus
05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Again, not a complaint.

Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it funnier. Trust me, pimpinthebox tries that all the time and it just doesn't work.

jamal4xu
05-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I (admittedly, rather arbitrarily) changed the title.

Wonder how long till you're accused of censoring titles?!?!

gladdenguy
05-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it funnier. Trust me, pimpinthebox tries that all the time and it just doesn't work.

I agree.

It just shoves it straight down that tiny throat of yours.

GoMuskies
05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I like this kid if he comes to Xavier. If he goes elsewhere, he's not that good, a troublemaker and likely tortures small animals.

xeus
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I agree.

It just shoves it straight down that tiny throat of yours.

What the hell kind of insult is that? Tiny throat? C'mon gladdenguy, if you want to run with the big dogs you better bring more than "tiny throat."

xeus
05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
We don't know if gladdenguy is a guy.

That is the understatement of the day.

gladdenguy
05-08-2009, 02:08 PM
What the hell kind of insult is that? Tiny throat? C'mon gladdenguy, if you want to run with the big dogs you better bring more than "tiny throat."

just like "westsider"

xbus
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Some good sources say we are in very good shape with Latham.... It is likely he will recommit soon.

Michigan Muskie
05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I like this kid if he comes to Xavier. If he goes elsewhere, he's not that good, a troublemaker and likely tortures small animals.

And molests large ones.

blobfan
05-08-2009, 03:09 PM

I have to disagree with you on that one. Douchnozzle is funny on its face but becomes funnier with repetition.

Nobbers is one I didn't like much at first but as it was repeated, particularly on the UD smack threads, I warmed up to it and now it makes me giggle. Say it several times quickly and odds are you'll smile.

:D

PMI
05-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I think xeus and gladdenguy need to have a smack battle in the House of Guy Fawkes. I'm about to take a long summer vacation from this board if I don't get a good smack-off soon. Give me a smack-off.

PMI
05-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Also, this is probably the first real positive news we've had, recruiting-wise, since Miller left. This and the addition of Bino. The fact that we're still at the top of his list is the most we could ask for and now it's up to Mack and the assistants to seal the deal. If by some long stretch he does end up in the dessert, though, I can come up with a list of people here who may need to be put in a straitjacket immediately.

LyonsIsFlyin
05-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Also, this is probably the first real positive news we've had, recruiting-wise, since Miller left. This and the addition of Bino. The fact that we're still at the top of his list is the most we could ask for and now it's up to Mack and the assistants to seal the deal. If by some long stretch he does end up in the dessert, though, I can come up with a list of people here who may need to be put in a straitjacket immediately.

Pat Kelsey is another huge plus to add onto Bino.

There is other good information or news about our recruiting though, just join rivals.

jamal4xu
05-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Pat Kelsey is another huge plus to add onto Bino.

There is other good information or news about our recruiting though, just join rivals.

How about you maintain the rivals subscription and just summarize it here. All us non-subscribers would really think your COOL if you did.

Hopefully you sense the sarcasm in my post...

Sonoran Desert Muskie
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, at least it doesn't appear that Miller told Latham that XU is a Buick. Miller's still an arse, though.

MuskieCinci
05-08-2009, 04:51 PM
It doesn't seem like Kelsey has really been doing much on the recruiting trail so far. I read on rivals and other places about how Bino is locking up Latham and pursuing other Baltimore kids, Mack is nagging Spoon about coming to Xavier more than an annoying girlfriend, and Steele has been all over Indiana talking to every single kid in the state about coming to Xavier. What has Kelsey been up to?

Titanxman04
05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
It doesn't seem like Kelsey has really been doing much on the recruiting trail so far. I read on rivals and other places about how Bino is locking up Latham and pursuing other Baltimore kids, Mack is nagging Spoon about coming to Xavier more than an annoying girlfriend, and Steele has been all over Indiana talking to every single kid in the state about coming to Xavier. What has Kelsey been up to?

Ummm, maybe moving his family back to Cincinnati?

A10fan
05-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Here ya go!

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/quickhits/?p=1778

"South point guard Dee Davis, a 5-foot-10 sophomore who was the MVP of the state tournament, has scheduled a pair of interesting unofficial visits for the coming week.

Davis and his father, Darwin, will visit Xavier this coming weekend, said Davis’ mother, Leslie, in an e-mail. The Musketeers just hired a new coach, and he brought in Pat Kelsey from Wake Forest to be associate head coach. Kelsey was in Bloomington a few weeks ago to watch Davis and the rest of the South Panthers in an open gym workout."

Woodburn
05-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that Miller left Arizona, purportedly in part, because he had a better chance of winning a National Championship but that he's recruiting the EXACT same kids at UA that he recruited at Xavier? I understand he's having to build a program there and so he might as well start with kids he has relationships with, but damn - Kryl, Parrom, and now Latham? If Thad hadn't just offered Weatherspoon, it seems Sean would probably be after him too.

xeus
05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
I think xeus and gladdenguy need to have a smack battle in the House of Guy Fawkes. I'm about to take a long summer vacation from this board if I don't get a good smack-off soon. Give me a smack-off.

I can't this weekend, but I'm up for it next week if gladdenguy is available.

Xman95
05-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the recruiting section. Or perhaps the House of Smack.

NotYourOrdinaryXFan
05-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that Miller left Arizona, purportedly in part, because he had a better chance of winning a National Championship but that he's recruiting the EXACT same kids at UA that he recruited at Xavier? I understand he's having to build a program there and so he might as well start with kids he has relationships with, but damn - Kryl, Parrom, and now Latham? If Thad hadn't just offered Weatherspoon, it seems Sean would probably be after him too.

Not surprised at all. Those guys will provide stability until he's able to get the top flight guys back to arizona. Smart move. Just think in three years he'll possibly have 3 solid starters from this class and then if he does as he's supposed to, he'll bring in a couple of guys who are sure shots to go to the NBA in one or two years and probably make a run to the final four.

wkrq59
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I hope Bino and/or Pat and Chris can convince Latham to sign an LOI which he can do I think until the 15th or 20th of this month??? Since he has only verbaled, it might be a better idea to get him to sign. Then if Miller calls him place a call to that institution in the 317 area code.:D:D:D

X Factor
05-08-2009, 07:03 PM
I hope Bino and/or Pat and Chris can convince Latham to sign an LOI which he can do I think until the 15th or 20th of this month??? Since he has only verbaled, it might be a better idea to get him to sign. Then if Miller calls him place a call to that institution in the 317 area code.:D:D:D

Latham can't sign a LOI until November. He could verbal again, but then would have to wait to sign his LOI in Nov. which is the early signing period for his class.

vee4xu
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the recruiting section. Or perhaps the House of Smack.

Given the two parallel threads in play here, one can understand your confusion 95. Actually, it looks like you can split it in half and put one half in recruiting and the other half in House of Smack.

Titanxman04
05-08-2009, 07:46 PM
This would be a big win if X could keep him. Trust be told, I told my roommates that I would come out of this whole $ean leaving mess with a pretty good outlook if we came away with a solid coaching staff and kept at least one of three of Latham, Parrom, and Weatherspoon. If we can get Spoon with it, I think we'll certainly be ok. But one task at a time.

AviatorX
05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
We'll get Latham.

Spoon is up in the air.

Future looks bright for recruiting, maybe even more immediately than most may think.

paulxu
05-08-2009, 09:20 PM

PMI, if you are leaving, can I borrow the avatar girl and the watermelon while you are gone?

bobbiemcgee
05-08-2009, 09:53 PM
PMI, if you are leaving, can I borrow the avatar girl and the watermelon while you are gone?

Sorry, she's already been spoken for.......Otto

kyxu
05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice update on Latham. X is definitely not out of the picture

I don't think they ever were.

wkrq59
05-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Latham can't sign a LOI until November. He could verbal again, but then would have to wait to sign his LOI in Nov. which is the early signing period for his class.
Thanks, but wouldn't it be a good idea if they're changing rules to make college more like NBA (block-charge) let a kid sign in May of his junior to be year. Maybe help the little guys..Naaaw:D:D:D

THRILLHOUSE
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Scout.com's Evan Daniels' latest update on twitter says that Latham is very close to making a commitment. His articles are pay content, so I don't have any more info than that.

xufan02
06-09-2009, 11:14 AM
He has Xavier as the only school in HIGH interest.....I have heard it was a matter of time, but I'm not sure on when it will go down.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3699942

AviatorX
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Scout.com's Evan Daniels' latest update on twitter says that Latham is very close to making a commitment. His articles are pay content, so I don't have any more info than that.

Ughh, wish I had the subscription to Scout, but I could only splurge for one and went with Rivals. This has to be good for X, right? Scout lists Latham as having an offer from Marquette, who I worry could be a late player, but Rivals does not even have them with interest. Which one hasn't been updated?

xufan02
06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Well the fact that he has not visited Marquette yet, and he winding down his recruitment bodes well for us.

AviatorX
06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Well the fact that he has not visited Marquette yet, and he winding down his recruitment bodes well for us.

Very true. I guess I'm just half-expecting some awful twist to occur here considering how everything else has gone this off-season. This one should end in our favor.

Let the Chris Mack era officially begin.

xu15
06-09-2009, 11:35 AM
This is great news. The sooner the better.

Oh, and just looking down the list of schools that a lot of top guys have and seeing Xavier on so many of them is a really good sign. Not that we will get them or that it hasnt been said before but its good for the program.

Come on JL.

Cincy Muskie
06-09-2009, 02:46 PM
I saw Jordan's name on the NBA Player camp coming up. They only take a 100 kids, most from the 2010 class but some from 2011 as well. It will be nice to see how he fares there. We need the frontline help and I think once he commits it could have a domino effect and we could fill out our 2010 class rather quickly.

xu15
06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I saw Jordan's name on the NBA Player camp coming up. They only take a 100 kids, most from the 2010 class but some from 2011 as well. It will be nice to see how he fares there. We need the frontline help and I think once he commits it could have a domino effect and we could fill out our 2010 class rather quickly.

My hopes exactly.

xuphan
06-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Well....Scouts did not list Xavier as a possible suitor for Latham before the article and now they have Xavier as the leader and the only school with high interest.

I think he will be a Xavier commit soon.

Xman95
06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Very good news. Well, sort of. As long as it turns out the way we think it will, the fact that he's close to a commitment is good news!

AviatorX
06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I heard he's going to verbal to Zona.

Just kidding.....hopefully.

Xman95
06-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I heard he's going to verbal to Zona.

If I could punch you through a computer I think I would have about 30 seconds ago!

Titanxman04
06-09-2009, 09:32 PM
After this sort of off-season, this is fantastic news. Now if only we can get JD to commit as well, we'll be still looking strong. Maybe snag Noel this week too?

Strange Brew
06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
After this sort of off-season, this is fantastic news. Now if only we can get JD to commit as well, we'll be still looking strong. Maybe snag Noel this week too?

Noel would be HUGE! The team could really use him.

AviatorX
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Certainly would be epic, but I'm not too confident in XU pulling Johnson out of thin air. It if happens, it will be within 48 hours.

Titanxman04
06-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Certainly would be epic, but I'm not too confident in XU pulling Johnson out of thin air. It if happens, it will be within 48 hours.

Gotta have faith, brother.

AviatorX
06-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Gotta have faith, brother.

I had faith....then everything went wrong.

A Latham commitment could restore that faith, I'd say.

Titanxman04
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I had faith....then everything went wrong.

A Latham commitment could restore that faith, I'd say.

Can't let it waiver, friend. I think Mack and Kelsey will make it happen. If not, so be it. but they have the ability to bring Noel in along with JD and hopefully JL. If it happens, I'm expecting a round on you. :D

AviatorX
06-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Can't let it waiver, friend. I think Mack and Kelsey will make it happen. If not, so be it. but they have the ability to bring Noel in along with JD and hopefully JL. If it happens, I'm expecting a round on you. :D

Throw in a transfer from Jake O'Brien and we can truly celebrate.

Titanxman04
06-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Throw in a transfer from Jake O'Brien and we can truly celebrate.

If that happens, and we get all four, I'll buy the first round. You'll take the second, and maybe we might be able to find a drinker or two on this board to join us.

FoundingFather
06-10-2009, 01:25 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/2009/06/baltimores_nba_top_100_camp_representation.html

per this story, looks like Jordan Latham was invited to the National Basketball Players Association Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, VA later this month. Now I haven't heard of this camp, but I would imagine it's pretty prestigious. The blog post also notes that Baltimore has the best representation for this camp and could even have had more than 6 kids included. I would say that it's great that we have Bino now to continue to tap into this market for some of the best high schoolers in the country!

boozehound
06-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Latham recommitting would be huge. Simply huge.

PMI
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't really know how to compare Bino to Book, but I would honestly take Baltimore over New York for recruiting if you could only give me one. Without question I'd take the state of MD over New York.

Xman95
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Latham recommitting would be huge. Simply huge.

It would be a sign that he wants to play for XAVIER, not just one man. That's a big deal in my book.

ballyhoohoo
06-10-2009, 02:57 PM
If that happens, and we get all four, I'll buy the first round. You'll take the second, and maybe we might be able to find a drinker or two on this board to join us.

I will buy a round if that happens, just as long as no one can drink like Huggy Bear. Although I have put down a case on two seperate occasions in the last month, so maybe the joke is on you guys!

Titanxman04
06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I will buy a round if that happens, just as long as no one can drink like Huggy Bear. Although I have put down a case on two seperate occasions in the last month, so maybe the joke is on you guys!

I said I'll buy a round. I'll buy you two if you come wearing that inspiring three wolves howling at a moon shirt though. Nothing tells me that I'm with good people more, than people wearing such a majestic shirt.

Xman95
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM
just as long as no one can drink like Huggy Bear.

You'll be fine...just as long as you don't have a Lexus.

UCGRAD4X
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
It would be a sign that he wants to play for XAVIER, not just one man. That's a big deal in my book.

That is a good point, which is one reason I don't stress too much about this process. It is great to have talented players - but what about their commitment to Xavier? If a recruit decides they don't want to come here and play - I say, "Good riddance!"

Jumpy
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
That is a good point, which is one reason I don't stress too much about this process. It is great to have talented players - but what about their commitment to Xavier? If a recruit decides they don't want to come here and play - I say, "Good riddance!"

Yeah, they probably weren't that good anyway.

kyxu
06-10-2009, 08:00 PM

See, I kinda think this is overblown. I hate to say it, but situations like with Kevin Parrom are par for the course in the recruiting game.

I have a feeling a majority of the players on our roster committed to Xavier because Sean Miller was the coach, and not because they felt some special affection for the university. We know Crawford, Lyons, Frease and Walsh came here because of Miller, and there's nothing wrong with that. If they believe in the coach and feel comfortable with him, they'll want to play for him. We have been the beneficiary of that for the past several years, but unfortunately these past two months, it's bitten us in the ass.

The affinity for the university often doesn't seem to come until later in the player's career, or after they leave. Guys like Stanley Burrell and David West would kill for XU, but it took them a couple of years to really appreciate it. So if a player doesn't have the same connection with a new coaching staff, I think it's probably natural they'll want to go elsewhere.

For Latham, what's really helping Xavier is that the kid has a great relationship with Bino Ranson, who knows his family and his coaches. That's certainly been a big help.

Strange Brew
06-10-2009, 10:27 PM
See, I kinda think this is overblown. I hate to say it, but situations like with Kevin Parrom are par for the course in the recruiting game.

I have a feeling a majority of the players on our roster committed to Xavier because Sean Miller was the coach, and not because they felt some special affection for the university. We know Crawford, Lyons, Frease and Walsh came here because of Miller, and there's nothing wrong with that. If they believe in the coach and feel comfortable with him, they'll want to play for him. We have been the beneficiary of that for the past several years, but unfortunately these past two months, it's bitten us in the ass.

The affinity for the university often doesn't seem to come until later in the player's career, or after they leave. Guys like Stanley Burrell and David West would kill for XU, but it took them a couple of years to really appreciate it. So if a player doesn't have the same connection with a new coaching staff, I think it's probably natural they'll want to go elsewhere.

For Latham, what's really helping Xavier is that the kid has a great relationship with Bino Ranson, who knows his family and his coaches. That's certainly been a big help.

well said, I think that goes for everyone when they choose a college. You make the best decision you can and hope it works out. The loyalty and devotion comes later after you have become imersed in the old traditions and create a few of your own during YOUR years.

I hope Latham comes to X. Because I know from my own experience that there is something definately different and special about it.

XU 87
06-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Latham has again committed.

Next up- Witherspoon.

stxxu
06-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Latham has again committed.

Next up- Witherspoon.

Rivals Article (http://xavier.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=954617&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=)

Here's the Rivals article. I realize it's a pay site, but a link always makes statements more legit.

kellernr
06-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Saw this on MM and figured I'd post it over here.

ballyhoohoo
06-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Time for beers!

Smails
06-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Although this has been a high probability all along, this is exactly what the program needed to get the ball rolling. Verbals tend to come in bunches and we've got a lot of players in the mix right now. Great job coach Mack....JD Weatherspoon...come on down! You are the next contestant on the road to the Final Four

paulxu
06-11-2009, 09:02 AM
I am waiting for Mack to confirm this on Twitter.

X Factor
06-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Brian Snow has an article up on Rivals as well!

Excellent! Welcome back Jordan! Can't wait to see you in a Xavier uniform.

Congrats to Mack and Bino as well.

Let's keep the ball rolling.

ballyhoohoo
06-11-2009, 09:03 AM
I am waiting for Mack to confirm this on Twitter.

I would guess this can not happen until the coveted LOI is signed

Lamont Sanford
06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Welcome back Jordan!!

Nice work Bino and Mack!

Now, let's go get JD and Noel Johnson!

pickledpigsfeet
06-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Good thing he committed to us today. Congrats to Mack.

AviatorX
06-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Welcome back Jordan!!

Nice work Bino and Mack!

Now, let's go get JD and Noel Johnson!

Yes to JD, but there is a 0% chance of Johnson now.

wkrq59
06-11-2009, 09:08 AM
I would guess this can not happen until the coveted LOI is signed

you would guess right. If Chris does, it's an NCAA rules violation. Jordan's coach can, however , confirm it. So can his AAU coach. So can his father. Shannon will probably contact any of those.

GuyFawkes38
06-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I want to be excited about this commitment

But I have to admit, Mack's embrace of Twitter overshadows this.

Lamont Sanford
06-11-2009, 09:17 AM
AviatorX -

Is JD close to re-committing? I have seen other articles saying that he is planning to take some more official visits in the near future. He was just a Maryland last week.

Please clarify.

Lamont Sanford
06-11-2009, 09:18 AM
That was pretty funny...even for GuyFawkes.

gladdenguy
06-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes to JD, but there is a 0% chance of Johnson now.

What happened with Noel??? I'm baffled.

Xman95
06-11-2009, 09:19 AM
you would guess right. If Chris does, it's an NCAA rules violation. Jordan's coach can, however , confirm it. So can his AAU coach. So can his father. Shannon will probably contact any of those.

Of course the best source is Jordan!

This is, for the second time, a great get. I'm VERY excited to have this kid come in to play the 4. Pairing him with Frease for two years should make opponents miserable. Granted, the first year will have its rough patches for him. That's the way it is for most freshman. But Frease should also be taking a lot of the focus in the paint so Latham could have room to work. Then in that second season... JL and KF should be one big, physical combo.

Again, I'm very excited to have this kid back in the fold.

D-West & PO-Z
06-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I was going to mention about how Twitter could be a potential cause for ncaa violations. We already saw that at UT with Lane Kiffin. One of his assistants said something about a recruit on twitter which was a ncaa violation.

Xman95
06-11-2009, 09:20 AM
That was pretty funny...even for GuyFawkes.

If, after reading a GuyFawkes post, I don't have the urge to punch something, I consider it a win!

boozehound
06-11-2009, 09:21 AM
This is huge. I am really looking forward to seeing this kid play. Good save by Mack and company! We really needed to stop the bleeding somehow and this should do the trick nicely!

Now if we could just get 'Spoon to recommit as well...

AviatorX
06-11-2009, 09:24 AM
AviatorX -

Is JD close to re-committing? I have seen other articles saying that he is planning to take some more official visits in the near future. He was just a Maryland last week.

Please clarify.

I have no idea, I was just agreeing with the poster I quoted that I hoped our next move would be to gain the re-commitment from Spoon. I'm pretty sure Spoon is down to XU and OSU, however, regardless of where else he visits (this could obviously change if he has an incredible visit somewhere, but I'd bet he's either at XU or in the Scarlet and Gray when it's all said and done.)

paulxu
06-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Hey...it was a joke! But since you mention it, has his coach twittered?

JimmyTwoTimes37
06-11-2009, 09:30 AM
What happened with Noel??? I'm baffled.

Noel's trip was cancelled

StanleyOwnsYou
06-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Double post.. Sorry for doubting you X

AviatorX
06-11-2009, 09:33 AM
DOn't know what Aviator X is talking about..

Noel Johnson and Spoon are in different classes, play different positions and aren't being recruited by the same coach.

This re-commitment should only HELP the cause for Noel to become a Muskie

Lol did you read my post? Noel Johnson never set foot on the XU campus.

jcubspoe
06-11-2009, 09:55 AM
It looks like the whole Ohio Red AAU team has been invited...lol...Staten and Payne both invited and will be there.

Muskie
06-11-2009, 10:20 AM
His name looks good with the Word COMMIT by it.

JimmyTwoTimes37
06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
It all comes full circle

Muskie
06-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Saw this on MM and figured I'd post it over here.

It's in the recruiting thread. Just wanted to make you aware it existed.

You can always use the new post button as well.

Titanxman04
06-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Way to go Mack and Bino! Proud to see we got Latham back. As someone else said, I am pretty damn hopeful we can get JD to re-commit now as well. That'll truly turn things around for X's... disappointing off-season.

XU 87
06-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Congrats on the Mack staff for landing their first top 100 recruit.

Cincy Muskie
06-11-2009, 11:52 AM
I second XU 87's thoughts. Good job staff and welcome back Jordan. Hope you tear it up at the NBA camp later this month.

Masterofreality
06-11-2009, 01:25 PM
ESPN. "Updated 6/11/09".

Really nice to see the block "X" with verbal above. Oh, and the big red and blue "A" way down below- under "also rans."

ESPN LATHAM (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=66803&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d668 03%26season%3d2010)

SixFig
06-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Man 10-11 will be nice. Senior leadership of dante, mclean, taylor plus a plethora of juniors (frease, holloway, crawford, redford) and redshirt sophomores (walsh, lyons). Add in freshman latham and others...we could be final four caliber...again.

Xman95
06-11-2009, 02:35 PM
ESPN. "Updated 6/11/09".

We were thinking along the same lines. I was going to cut-and-paste the link to that page. Well, I never got beyond the "cut" part. I cut it, got sidetracked and just now got back to finish the "-and-paste" portion. But you beat me to it.

I get more excited each time I see a mention that Latham is once again heading to X.

X-man
06-11-2009, 02:46 PM
ESPN. "Updated 6/11/09".

Really nice to see the block "X" with verbal above. Oh, and the big red and blue "A" way down below- under "also rans."

ESPN LATHAM (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=66803&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d668 03%26season%3d2010)

His ESPN rating means that he could start as a freshman on a national top 25 team. I like how that sounds.

PMI
06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
His ESPN rating means that he could start as a freshman on a national top 25 team. I like how that sounds.

McLean will be a senior his freshman year. Not a bad person to play behind and learn from, as it seems Latham is also a great athlete who can crash the boards. I wouldn't be surprised to see Latham move up the charts during his senior year. He's got the athleticism and he plays against some great competition. I will certainly find a time to go see him play next year.

wkrq59
06-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Just a word of sincere caution about Twittering and any other form of internet communication that might produce NCAA violations.
That organization being as selective as it is in its rulings--no, I'm not talking conspiracy--it is best to do and say nothing that might cause problems for Xavier. In other words, think before you post or comment. You won't lose anyone's respect or judgment of you as not being the "first."
Want proof of NCAA's selective rulings, the kid from USC who is coming to UC sought a waiver of the one-year transfer rule and was denied. Another kid transferring to a Big 6 school sought and received permission for the very same reason--an ailing grandparent. The UC kid was told no because he isn't caring for the grandfather each day. What kind of BS is that?
This is not over-reaction. It's just my concern developed through 34 years of not wanting to have to deal with a newspaper's legal department.
Remember, the NCAA is not bound by "rules of law" or the Constitution. It is an entity unto itself and very few if any suits against them are won. Even if you win against them, they find a way to screw you.
I am not anti-NCAA. But from experience, I know never to trust 'em, especially when they are dealing with non-Big 6 schools.:D

wkrq59
06-11-2009, 03:01 PM
What I mainly want to see from Jordan Latham is a signed LOI early in November. Nothing more. Now if JD just gets back in the fold, it would be a better than average summer.
Still wondering about Noel Johnson, though. Any further data????:D:D:D

kyxu
06-11-2009, 03:56 PM
What I mainly want to see from Jordan Latham is a signed LOI early in November. Nothing more. Now if JD just gets back in the fold, it would be a better than average summer.
Still wondering about Noel Johnson, though. Any further data????:D:D:D

I don't think there's any doubt Latham will sign on the dotted line in November. He had every opportunity to leave Xavier with no hard feelings, but he's decided to become a Musketeer...twice.

Pretty sure the Noel Johnson ship has sailed.

goxavier84
06-11-2009, 03:57 PM
This pretty much says it all, "I really didn’t want to go to any other school in the country. I love Xavier,” -Jordan Latham. Welcome home big guy, I know exactly how you feel.

Strange Brew
06-11-2009, 03:59 PM
This pretty much says it all, "I really didn’t want to go to any other school in the country. I love Xavier,” -Jordan Latham. Welcome home big guy, I know exactly how you feel.

I just shed a tear after reading that. :o

bobbiemcgee
06-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Terrific news.........we will hold the other two schollys for like players....I'm buying a new Buick!!

SixFig
06-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Terrific news.........we will hold the other two schollys for like players....I'm buying a new Buick!!

Too funny. Guess Mr. Latham wasn't impressed by the sleazy Lexus dealer and settled for a sweet Buick.

Xman95
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I just shed a tear after reading that. :o

Your smilie looks like it has the squirts!

bobbiemcgee
06-11-2009, 04:42 PM
also loved this quote:

Latham said he’s glad the college decision is made – and that this one is his last.

“I’m not going to open (the search) back up at all,” Latham said. “All I’ve got to do now is keep practicing hard and playing hard.”

bobbiemcgee
06-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Sean's new recruiting mobile:

http://www.coastal181.com/2008_Bits/550-cloutier-10.jpg

Emp
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM
OK, I admit it, I was freakin when we lost all three recruits. This makes me feel a whole lot better about his recruiting chops.

xufan02
07-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Jordan Latham's AAU team will be on ESPNU today at 5:30pm. Also All-Ohio Red with JD Weatherspoon will be televised, as well as CP3's Jay Canty, and Dezmine Wells.

As you all know Latham is our lone 2010 commit, they others are all Xavier recruits with offers.

AviatorX
07-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Jordan Latham's AAU team will be on ESPNU today at 5:30pm. Also All-Ohio Red with JD Weatherspoon will be televised, as well as CP3's Jay Canty, and Dezmine Wells.

As you all know Latham is our lone 2010 commit, they others are all Xavier recruits with offers.

Looking forward to Canty and Wells' team taking on Spoon and All Ohio. I'm also intrigued to see Staten and the rest of All Ohio.

Cincy Muskie
07-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Couldn't see much of either game thanks to 'Katz's Corner'. Couldn't he have interviewed coaches before, during halftime, and after the game? Overall this AAU showcase event was poorly produced. Still, I will be tuning in again this evening at 5 PM.

boozehound
07-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Couldn't see much of either game thanks to 'Katz's Corner'. Couldn't he have interviewed coaches before, during halftime, and after the game? Overall this AAU showcase event was poorly produced. Still, I will be tuning in again this evening at 5 PM.

Agreed. Why even bother to show the games at all if you are going to have Katz interviewing coaches in the foreground for the entire thing?

xu15
08-17-2009, 10:48 AM
New ESPN recruiting eval on Latham this month. Looks like he's been doing well as they seem pretty happy with him and his grade went up to 90.

August, 2009: Latham is a highly productive power forward that scores with his back to the basket on jump hooks over his left shoulder. He also faces off the lane where he can attack the defender off the dribble and finish with his length and athletic ability over help side defenders. Latham relentlessly competes for rebounds on both ends and gets his share of offensive tip in and power put backs. He runs the floor well and uses his excellent hands and touch to finish on the move. On defensive Latham does a good job fighting for low post position and contesting shots in and out of his area. Latham should be an impact player at Xavier and one of the top freshmen in the Atlantic 10 with continued development.

AviatorX
08-17-2009, 10:59 AM
I was just checking those profiles out after seeing this and came upon Canty's writeup (he's an 88 overall, FWIW).

No worries, as I was assured by the genius scouts at ESPN that Jay Canty is "a good athlete who is athletic."

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I was just checking those profiles out after seeing this and came upon Canty's writeup (he's an 88 overall, FWIW).

No worries, as I was assured by the genius scouts at ESPN that Jay Canty is "a good athlete who is athletic."

hahahahahaha.

bobbiemcgee
08-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Very happy with Canty, Latham and Davis.....think they will be able to play with anyone while @ X.

Jumpy
08-17-2009, 12:02 PM

But wait a minute. Didn't the mystery bearkitten come on here saying that our recent commits weren't very appealing and rather pedestrian? I would believe an anonymous poster on a message board before I believe those hacks at ESPN.

EDIT: is Davis rated yet, and if so, what is his rating?

bobbiemcgee
08-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Davis is a 93 and #14....93 rating="can start for any Top 25 team in the country"

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Davis is a 93 and #14....93 rating="can start for any Top 25 team in the country"

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=66843&season=2011&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d668 43%26season%3d2011

June, 2009: Davis is a true point guard that can do it all. He has excellent speed and quickness as he pushes the ball in transition. He slashes and can be at the rim in the blink of an eye. Davis has a tight handle and does a great job of distributing the ball once he gets deep into the lane. He has a smooth pull up jumper when he can't get all the way to the rim. He passing and court vision is excellent and for a young point guard he makes good decisions and handles full court pressure with ease. He must continue to work on being a more consistent three point shooter which should improve as he adds strength. Davis also is an excellent on ball defender and has great anticipation in the passing lanes. Davis will be a great floor general and will excel in the Xavier half court sets plays and push the ball for easy baskets.

On a side note, it says Justin Martin is not considering X...Also says JMart committed to UL before playing varsity at LN..Incredible how stacked Lawrenceville North is

xu15
08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=66843&season=2011&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d668 43%26season%3d2011

June, 2009: Davis is a true point guard that can do it all. He has excellent speed and quickness as he pushes the ball in transition. He slashes and can be at the rim in the blink of an eye. Davis has a tight handle and does a great job of distributing the ball once he gets deep into the lane. He has a smooth pull up jumper when he can't get all the way to the rim. He passing and court vision is excellent and for a young point guard he makes good decisions and handles full court pressure with ease. He must continue to work on being a more consistent three point shooter which should improve as he adds strength. Davis also is an excellent on ball defender and has great anticipation in the passing lanes. Davis will be a great floor general and will excel in the Xavier half court sets plays and push the ball for easy baskets.

On a side note, it says Justin Martin is not considering X...Also says JMart committed to UL before playing varsity at UL..Incredible how stacked Lawrenceville North is

Davis is very highly thought of and I'm very excited about him.

Just thought the first thing was worth posting because I thought Latham's stock had been dropping, but I guess it's on the way up again.

Jumpy
08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Thank you gentlemen, for the quick replies. I knew Davis was highly regarded in the class, but I wasn't sure if ESPN had a write up on him yet because of his age. I'm too cheap to get insider, so I appreciate the help.

bobbiemcgee
08-17-2009, 12:31 PM
One of my sons played for a HS Baseball team where the Catchers were Eddie Taubensee (former Reds) and Jason Varitek. One of them, I forget who, was cut from the JV squad. Now you know how Robinson must have felt @ LN. Keefer could move that whole team to a college and probably dominate.

bobbiemcgee
08-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Thank you gentlemen, for the quick replies. I knew Davis was highly regarded in the class, but I wasn't sure if ESPN had a write up on him yet because of his age. I'm too cheap to get insider, so I appreciate the help.

I guess the address is "insider' but it's part of the the normal site (not paid for info), just go to 2011 prospects and search davis.

XU 87
08-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I have the impression from Snow that Latham is very good rebounder and defender but offense and scoring are the weaker parts of his game.

A10fan
08-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a typical Xavier recruit. Come in with defensive skills and let the offense develop.

XU 87
08-17-2009, 01:32 PM
True. If he was a big man with great offensive skills, then he'd be going to North Carolina or Duke.

It sounds like he's a fairly athletic big man who needs to develop a few things. And we have seen those types of players at X turn into very, very good players and even NBA players.

SixFig
08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I prefer (like that matters) defense first recruits whose offensive game develops rather than vice-versa. Guys like Dante Jackson rather than Adrian Graves. So give me Latham swatting shots in the lane. Mount McClean can take care of the offense.

Woodburn
08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Mods please delete.

xufan02
03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Latham looks like he got a jump shot this season. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukUu_x9UfVE

SixFig
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Latham looks like he got a jump shot this season. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukUu_x9UfVE

Reps to you for the find.

If Latham can give 10 quality minutes at the PF/C position, we are in good shape.

Plus these MD/DC ballers always seem to play with a chip on their shoulder. Let's see it big guy!

The_Mack_Pack
03-31-2010, 12:35 PM
He looks pretty long and athletic, could be a good shot blocker.

Xman95
03-31-2010, 01:28 PM
If Latham can give 10 quality minutes at the PF/C position, we are in good shape.

I think we'll get that next year. Have a feeling this kid is going to be an absolute beast at X. Power Forward U rolls on...

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-31-2010, 01:35 PM
I think we'll get that next year. Have a feeling this kid is going to be an absolute beast at X. Power Forward U rolls on...

I do too. This kid has serious potential written all over him.

xavierj
03-31-2010, 01:45 PM
wow looks big, athletic, can move, puts the ball on the floor, goes hard to the rim, was hitting 18 footers? Did not know he had this much skill. Uh Kenny you better put some work in or your minutes might be the same next year. This guy seems to fit the style of play Chris wants to play.

The_Mack_Pack
03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
The thing we were missing this season were big guys who could shoot, essentially we have three guys who are 6'7'' or taller who can hit jump shots coming in. These videos only show good things though so his jumper is probably a little inconsistent but he was poppin shots from three point range so I could be wrong. Either way he's going to dominate.

Xman95
03-31-2010, 02:14 PM
This guy seems to fit the style of play Chris wants to play.

He seems fit to play the style any coach wants to play. He has "versatile big man" written all over him. Wait, that's Martin that has stuff written all over him. Anyway...

I'm really looking forward to Latham playing at X (thus my new avatar). I think he's going to be a dominant PF and, based on how much he has developed in one year of high school, I wouldn't be shocked if this kid turned out to be a D.West kind of player...maybe with a better jumper. When does the season start???

SixFig
03-31-2010, 07:03 PM
I think he's going to be a dominant PF and, based on how much he has developed in one year of high school, I wouldn't be shocked if this kid turned out to be a D.West kind of player...maybe with a better jumper. When does the season start???

That's putting a lot of pressure on him. We should temper our expectations to maybe Kareem Abdul Jabbar

X Factor
03-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Reps for this find. Sweet. I have read and heard that Latham had a really good senior year, but have never seen highlights of him until now.

Wow. I didn't expect him to be hitting jumpers from 18 feet. Jordan looks like he could be an absolute beast in a couple of years.

He is the long, athletic power forward type that we really need.

Can't wait to see him backing up McLean next year.

Anti-Homer
03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
If KF doesn't step it up (and I am certainly rooting for him to do so), Latham may be starting alongside with Jamel.

Atlas
04-02-2010, 06:35 PM
This video Really makes you glad the kid stayed with X even with Miller leaving. Can't wait to see him get going. I wonder if he will play in the Cincy league this summer?

Thor in 204
04-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I like how he can get into the lane and back up to hit the 8-10 foot jumper. He's going to be tough to guard.