PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the donations and help!

Svoboda
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
We've had a couple folks donate -- Thor and scoop, so I just wanted to thank them both for that. If you guys haven't noticed, I'm definitely a guy that likes to give praise.

Also, thanks for the new mods... they've done a great job thus far. Finally, thanks to YoItsMikeRagone as he designed the site's logo you see at the top of the screen!

ATL Muskie
01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
That logo is pretty sweet. How do you donate? I think i can dig around in the couch cushions for some spare change.

scooper
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, now I know for a fact who YoItsMikeRagone is.

I'm happy to help. Pardon the shill, but I would encourage anybody with a few extra bucks to spare who thinks they might stick around here awhile to consider doing the same.

I'm a Cincinnatian Xavier basketball fan who followed Muskie to his board from an ND football board (in case that isn't obvious to anybody who has read the smack forum). Let me assure you guys, Muskie and Svoboda will work their asses off to bring you one of the best basketball forums out there---not just best XU forum, but one of the best anywhere.

I'm recognizing a lot of the same stuff Svo did with his ND boards (he currently owns and runs goldhelmet.com.) They'll bring you a very interactive board complete with thorough up to the date recruiting info and database.

Svo even runs occassional contests at his ND site with some pretty nice giveaways such as books, DVDs and autographed items. I don't know what the plans are for this site, but I know it can't be done without some income. But even then, he has incurred some of the cost in the past.

I was a long time lurker but never registered on MM. I see a lot of the same names here. I think you folks will like what they do. But they're doing it at cost to themselves. Keep that in mind. Also, there is a hidden forum for those who donate. It's empty now, but it's a good place to really speak your mind without public consumption. Such a forum has come in really useful on the ND board.

And, welcome. It's been kind of quiet here since July. I swear I am not a paid advertiser. :)

xuab
01-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I'd be happy to donate as well. I thought I saw it under the subscribe tab the other day, but now it says I don't have access to that. So, if you could give us a link, that would be great.

blobfan
01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd be happy to donate as well. I thought I saw it under the subscribe tab the other day, but now it says I don't have access to that. So, if you could give us a link, that would be great.

Ditto. Just waiting for instructions.

Snipe
01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I checked it out as well and I don't have access either. I expect that my access would be limited after finding out I was a trouble maker, but I didn't think they would put barriers up to giving them money.

xeus
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Here's a link to what a Varsity Supporting Membership donation gets you (in addition to the good feeling of knowing you're helping to support the new home for Xavier Basketball):

http://www.xavierhoops.com/index.php?page=varsityclub

Thanks!

xuab
01-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the link. I've sent mine in. The work that has gone into this site is much appreciated.

xuab
01-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh, and here's a link to what a Varsity Supporting Membership gets you, in addition to the good feeling of knowing you're helping to support the new home for Xavier Basketball:

http://www.xavierhoops.com/index.php?page=varsityclub

Thanks!

Okay, now I'm confused. I just sent a donation for the year supporting membership. Is there a different donation amount for this? I'm all in for helping the cause.

Muskie
01-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Nope it looks like you're good.

blobfan
01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Okay, now I'm confused. I just sent a donation for the year supporting membership. Is there a different donation amount for this? I'm all in for helping the cause.

I assumed the Varsity Club and supporting membership were the same thing. I'm all over the $12.50 a year for ad-less viewing. I wish every site had that option. Ads suck! I kicked in a little extra in hopes the site will continue to add new toys. I think some of the posters would make hilarious bloggers.

xeus
01-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I assumed the Varsity Club and supporting membership were the same thing. I'm all over the $12.50 a year for ad-less viewing. I wish every site had that option. Ads suck! I kicked in a little extra in hopes the site will continue to add new toys. I think some of the posters would make hilarious bloggers.

Thanks blobfan!

xuab
01-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Okay, I feel like I'm being a pain, but now when I go to the home page, I'm told I don't have access!

Muskie
01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Pm svoboda on that issue. I could meddle in it... but then you'd be able to access the page and nobody else would knowing my luck.

xeus
01-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Okay, I feel like I'm being a pain, but now when I go to the home page, I'm told I don't have access!

OK, our crack squad will look into it. Thanks for your patience xuab, and thanks especially for your support.

BlueGuy
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
You've got my support. Thanks again!