PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo Johnson

MADXSTER
10-15-2008, 05:17 PM
is from Covington.

There has been plenty of talk around the state of Kentucky about what high school basketball player is the best of the talented Class of 2010.

And there are a bunch of opinions.

One player that is getting more consideration for that top spot is Covington Holmes guard Ricardo Johnson, who helped the Bullodgs to the Sweet 16 championship game last season.

The 6-foot-5, 195-pound Johnson is getting serious interest from some of the top Division I schools in the country. He was a visitor at Big Blue Madness last weekend in Lexington.

"I'm just trying to take it all in," Johnson said.

Johnson said Xavier, Kentucky, Georgetown, Cincinnati, Indiana, Butler, Akron, Western Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky have shown the most interest. He noted that Louisville has started to take an interest, along with several others.

MADXSTER
10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

The Sweet 16 runner-up last season was Covington Holmes and coach Dave Henley will field a squad this winter that could make it back to the title game.

Henley will have two of the top juniors in the state in Ricardo Johnson and Elijah Pittman.

The 6-foot-4 Johnson is getting serious Division I interest from Kentucky, Indiana, Xavier, Cincinnati, Louisville and a number of others, while the 6-foot-6 Pittman (photo, left) was a star at the Sweet 16 last season and is also a major Division I prospect.

The Bulldogs will get out and about around the state this season.

One of the best early-season games pits the Bulldogs against likely preseason No. 1 Scott County on Dec. 14 at Northern Kentucky University.

therick44
07-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Here's an update on Ric from the Adidas Take 5ive.

Johnson Shines at Take 5ive (http://queencityhigh.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=963754)

AviatorX
07-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Here's an update on Ric from the Adidas Take 5ive.

Johnson Shines at Take 5ive (http://queencityhigh.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=963754)

I saw this earlier and I had to assume it was you who wrote it, correct?

Either way, thanks for all the great recruiting insight. You really know you're stuff.

therick44
07-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I saw this earlier and I had to assume it was you who wrote it, correct?

Either way, thanks for all the great recruiting insight. You really know you're stuff.

Yes sir. Thanks I appreciate it.

dto
07-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Here's his Rivals site:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=80927

He's a 6'6", 190 lb. Small Forward from Holmes HS in Covington, KY. According to Rivals, we are on his list, and Chris Mack is recruiting him, but we have yet to offer.

therick44
07-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Here's his Rivals site:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=80927

He's a 6'6", 190 lb. Small Forward from Holmes HS in Covington, KY. According to Rivals, we are on his list, and Chris Mack is recruiting him, but we have yet to offer.

He's about 6'5 at best and the nice thing about Ric is he will probably be playing the point this year for Holmes. Even still he is more of a wing possibly a combo guard depending on how well he progresses on the ball.

Unfortunately for him, Mack and a few X assistants watched him Monday night when he really didn't play well. They weren't at the games on Wednesday when he really showed off his full capabilities.

I really think he is a MAC level player, but could thrive against that competition.

dto
07-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I really think he is a MAC level player, but could thrive against that competition.

rick44, you say he's a MAC-level player, but I have two questions. Do you think there's room to develop? And, do you think X really has an interest in this kid, or was he a carry-over from when Mack was an assistant?

therick44
07-13-2009, 01:15 AM
rick44, you say he's a MAC-level player, but I have two questions. Do you think there's room to develop? And, do you think X really has an interest in this kid, or was he a carry-over from when Mack was an assistant?

Room to develop... Yes.

As far as X being interested... I'd say they have an eye on him, but aren't aggressively pursuing him. He says that they've been in contact since the end of the high school season, so whether that's 100% or not I'm not sure but I wouldn't doubt it.

His biggest issue is playing for the coach that he currently plays for with the AAU team. The guy is maybe the dumbest man I've ever heard speak and no one wants to deal with him including coaches and scouts.

Bottom line: He's not worthy of an offer from X at this point. This is a kid I'm around a ton and he has my cell number, so I'll know about it if he hears from X.

Title_BU
07-13-2009, 06:30 PM
I do not think the the muted interest stems from how he plays basketball.

xsteve1
07-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Room to develop... Yes.

As far as X being interested... I'd say they have an eye on him, but aren't aggressively pursuing him. He says that they've been in contact since the end of the high school season, so whether that's 100% or not I'm not sure but I wouldn't doubt it.

His biggest issue is playing for the coach that he currently plays for with the AAU team. The guy is maybe the dumbest man I've ever heard speak and no one wants to deal with him including coaches and scouts.

Bottom line: He's not worthy of an offer from X at this point. This is a kid I'm around a ton and he has my cell number, so I'll know about it if he hears from X.

Rick, thanks for the info. Is Queencityhigh a free site?

AviatorX
07-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Rick, thanks for the info. Is Queencityhoops a free site?

He can probably answer better, but I'll give it a shot:

It's QueenCityHigh.com, and it's a part of the Rivals network in the same way that MusketeerScoop.com is. There are a few people who put up stuff solely for QCH but at the same time there are a decent amount of articles that involve prospects or teams from around the area that get posted on there. (For example, if Snow wrote an article on McKenzie from Moeller, I THINK it would go on QueenCityHigh.)

There's also a message board, which I'm not sure if it is insider access only or not.

I'm sure rick can correct or elaborate on whatever I missed, but I think that's the basics.

therick44
07-14-2009, 10:58 PM
He can probably answer better, but I'll give it a shot:

It's QueenCityHigh.com, and it's a part of the Rivals network in the same way that MusketeerScoop.com is. There are a few people who put up stuff solely for QCH but at the same time there are a decent amount of articles that involve prospects or teams from around the area that get posted on there. (For example, if Snow wrote an article on McKenzie from Moeller, I THINK it would go on QueenCityHigh.)

There's also a message board, which I'm not sure if it is insider access only or not.

I'm sure rick can correct or elaborate on whatever I missed, but I think that's the basics.

Yep for the most part you nailed it.

The message boards on QCH are FREE... Anyone is more than welcome to go talk about high school sports on there. The more the merrier. We don't take it too serious and we don't get all into moderating it too much, so go ahead and trash talk.

The way the Rivals network works as AviatorX mentioned is any membersite on the network can link to anyone else's story... So as he mentioned if Musketeerscoop or Bearcatlair post a recruiting story about a local kid we can link to it. We do produce a lot of original content on there as well that other people link to...

There are premium stories that you have to be a paying member to read but if you are a premium member on any site you can read the premium features on any other site.... If that makes any sense? So for example if you pay to belong to Queencityhigh you can also read all of Snow's premium content at Musketeerscoop or vice versa.

therick44
07-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I do not think the the muted interest stems from how he plays basketball.

Are you referring to his current AAU coach?

therick44
07-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Rick, thanks for the info. Is Queencityhigh a free site?

BTW if anyone is interested we are offering a free 30 day premium membership trial right now... I can help you get registered if you are interested.

Muskie1995
07-15-2009, 07:59 AM
So for example if you pay to belong to Queencityhigh you can also read all of Snow's premium content at Musketeerscoop or vice versa.

Very good to hear considering I'm a payng memeber to Musketeerhoops.com.

Thanks for the info!

therick44
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Just got off the phone with Ric about an hour ago.

Ohio University offered him tonight.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Here is some recent video of Ricardo Johnson:

http://www.kentuckysportsnetwork.com/video/video/show?id=2148737%3AVideo%3A58666

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-19-2009, 05:13 PM
He's about 6'5 at best and the nice thing about Ric is he will probably be playing the point this year for Holmes. Even still he is more of a wing possibly a combo guard depending on how well he progresses on the ball.

Unfortunately for him, Mack and a few X assistants watched him Monday night when he really didn't play well. They weren't at the games on Wednesday when he really showed off his full capabilities.

Ricardo has really improved since the end of the high school season. One of the biggest things that's surprised me from the times I've seen him over the summer is how noticably stronger he's gotten when finishing at the rim. Several games I've seen him get absolutely hacked but he's been strong enough to hang and finish for the "and one."

His 3 point shot and ability to create off the dribble has also improved as well. Still has a few kinks to work out, but he's going to be tough to handle this coming year for anyone in the state of Kentucky.

I'd have to disagree that he is a MAC level player. He could easily play at a BCS or high major program. He wouldn't come in and start, but he would be a contributor off the bench and as a starter all 4 years. At a MAC school, he would come in right away and play and by the time he was a junior or senior be one of the best players in the league...just my personal opinion from seeing him probably 50 + times over the past two years.

With the schedule that his Holmes team is playing this coming season, we'll know a lot more about his game and how it translates to the next level. If he has a good season running the point, don't be surprised if some of the "big boys" come calling because of his size. I'm really looking forward to the Holmes/Princeton match up and seeing him and Jordan Sibert go at it.

therick44
07-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Ricardo has really improved since the end of the high school season. One of the biggest things that's surprised me from the times I've seen him over the summer is how noticably stronger he's gotten when finishing at the rim. Several games I've seen him get absolutely hacked but he's been strong enough to hang and finish for the "and one."

His 3 point shot and ability to create off the dribble has also improved as well. Still has a few kinks to work out, but he's going to be tough to handle this coming year for anyone in the state of Kentucky.

I'd have to disagree that he is a MAC level player. He could easily play at a BCS or high major program. He wouldn't come in and start, but he would be a contributor off the bench and as a starter all 4 years. At a MAC school, he would come in right away and play and by the time he was a junior or senior be one of the best players in the league...just my personal opinion from seeing him probably 50 + times over the past two years.

With the schedule that his Holmes team is playing this coming season, we'll know a lot more about his game and how it translates to the next level. If he has a good season running the point, don't be surprised if some of the "big boys" come calling because of his size. I'm really looking forward to the Holmes/Princeton match up and seeing him and Jordan Sibert go at it.

So those schools aren't offering because...??

They don't know about him?

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-19-2009, 06:03 PM
So those schools aren't offering because...??

They don't know about him?

Just because he doesn't have any offers from any of those schools, doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play at that level. If Vee Sanford is considered good enough to play in the Big East, then I don't see how you can say Ricardo Johnson isn't, especially considering Rico is 6'5 and able to run the point. I never once said he'd be a star. I simply stated he was talented enough to play at a Mississippi St or Oklahoma St and be a contributor, whether it be off the bench ; or as a starter in the long run.

It's still early in the process. Ricardo has a full senior year to impress college coaches/scouts and pick up more offers and decide where he wants to go. Right now he's just working on becoming a more complete player.

Also, it's been stated that he doesn't plan on committing until AFTER his senior season is finished. A lot can happen between now and then.

BTW, Bradley is considered to be in a high major conference (MVC) and they've already offered. The conferences are broken down as followed for basketball:

BCS- ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Big East, Pac-10, SEC
High Major- Atlantic 10, Conference USA, MVC (Bradley), MWC, WAC
Mid Major- Big West, Colonial, Horizon, MAC (Ohio U), MAAC, Southern, Sunbelt, WCC

therick44
07-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Just because he doesn't have any offers from any of those schools, doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play at that level. If Vee Sanford is considered good enough to play in the Big East, then I don't see how you can say Ricardo Johnson isn't, especially considering Rico is 6'5 and able to run the point. I never once said he'd be a star. I simply stated he was talented enough to play at a Mississippi St or Oklahoma St and be a contributor, whether it be off the bench ; or as a starter in the long run.

It's still early in the process. Ricardo has a full senior year to impress college coaches/scouts and pick up more offers and decide where he wants to go. Right now he's just working on becoming a more complete player.

Also, it's been stated that he doesn't plan on committing until AFTER his senior season is finished. A lot can happen between now and then.

BTW, Bradley is considered to be in a high major conference (MVC) and they've already offered. The conferences are broken down as followed for basketball:

Mid Major- Big West, Colonial, Horizon, MAC (Ohio U), MAAC, Southern, Sunbelt, WCC

But you're saying a year from now... I'm saying right now he's a MAC level player. He'd thrive in a mid-major environment. Could he get better? Yes... But for now he's a Mid-Major type kid for a variety of reasons.

Also, I never said anything about Vee Sanford.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-19-2009, 06:39 PM
But you're saying a year from now... I'm saying right now he's a MAC level player. He'd thrive in a mid-major environment. Could he get better? Yes... But for now he's a Mid-Major type kid for a variety of reasons.

Also, I never said anything about Vee Sanford.

Fair enough.

therick44
07-19-2009, 07:09 PM
The level that a kid is capable of playing at and the level that he is actually at are two commonly confused things.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-19-2009, 08:28 PM
What's your reasoning for thinking he's a MAC player right now?

SixFig
07-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm just loving the fact that we can debate whether or not a kid is talented enough for Xavier.

For 90% of schools in the country its the other way around.

kyxu
07-19-2009, 08:35 PM

Yeah I like to make up criteria, too.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah I like to make up criteria, too.

Actually, my information came for a site...not just made up.

Link:
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/rise-amp-fall-highmajor-conference-review-59978

Scroll down toward the bottom and you'll see where the list came from.

therick44
07-19-2009, 11:13 PM

Link:

You do realize that anyone can write for that site right?

It's like bleacherreport.com.

therick44
07-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Also, Ric got an offer from Marshall tonight... They are CUSA so I'll let KyPreps fill you in on to how major that offer would be.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Also, Ric got an offer from Marshall tonight... They are CUSA so I'll let KyPreps fill you in on to how major that offer would be.

Where did I ever say any of his offers were big time or major?

No need to put words in someone's mouth.

And yes I know that anyone can write for that site...I also know that it's not too hard to become a writer for queencityhigh.com either... I know Dan very well.

kyxu
07-20-2009, 05:48 AM

Link:

Regardless, it's a ridiculous breakdown.

Yes, Wyoming and UTEP are "high" majors. And yet, Xavier struggles to shake the "mid" major label everywhere else.

"BCS" has absolutely nothing to do with basketball.

Title_BU
07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
If he were to be able to get his ACT score up to around 21, I'm pretty sure Butler would pursue him. (he's always been fairly high, in terms of evaluation) But, he doesn't seem to be in a rush to re-take.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-20-2009, 12:34 PM
If he were to be able to get his ACT score up to around 21, I'm pretty sure Butler would pursue him. (he's always been fairly high, in terms of evaluation) But, he doesn't seem to be in a rush to re-take.

Ricardo wouldn't be able to take the ACT until atleast September. That's the first day you can take it from now. I spoke with him a few days ago and he said he DOES plan on re taking it...he didn't give me a date though.

September 12, October 24, December 12, February 6, and April 10th are the dates that it can be taken DURING the school year. The last one is in June.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Regardless, it's a ridiculous breakdown.

Yes, Wyoming and UTEP are "high" majors. And yet, Xavier struggles to shake the "mid" major label everywhere else.

"BCS" has absolutely nothing to do with basketball.

Xavier is far from the status of a mid major. I don't know very many coaches or scouts, if any, who would even mention mid major in the same sentence as Xavier anymore.

therick44
07-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Where did I ever say any of his offers were big time or major?

No need to put words in someone's mouth.

And yes I know that anyone can write for that site...I also know that it's not too hard to become a writer for queencityhigh.com either... I know Dan very well.

LOL... That has nothing to do with what I said. You don't write for that site... I'm not bashing your work. I'm saying that list that you post is just some bogus fans ideas of whats major, mid-major etc.

I do enjoy your comments on the enquirer's site though.

therick44
07-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Xavier is far from the status of a mid major. I don't know very many coaches or scouts, if any, who would even mention mid major in the same sentence as Xavier anymore.

Just curious how many coaches or scouts do you know period?

Cincy Muskie
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
therick,

do you have to know coaches and scouts to have opinions about your favorite team or a player? I appreciate your insights on recruiting information but you are coming off as a little pompous on this thread. You don't think Ricardo is as talented as kyhspreps does, end of story.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Just curious how many coaches or scouts do you know period?

I know enough scouts and coaches to know that Ricardo is better than you're giving him credit for. The biggest thing that hurts him as a prospect is his AAU team doesn't ever compete in the national tournaments because 1) his aau coach can't get certified for them through the NCAA and 2) they simply don't have the overall size, talent, or depth to compete with the elite programs around the country. Despite those variables though, Ricardo is still considered the best prospect in KY.

If Ricardo was a MAC level player, Huggins and Cronin wouldn't have been in the Holmes gym last summer (several times) to see both him and his teammate Elijah Pittman. Ricardo also needs to improve his ACT score, which is another reason some of the bigger schools haven't offered. Once he re takes it in either September or October, as long as he improves, you'll see bigger offers come.

Atlas
07-21-2009, 08:40 PM
IMO I would be shocked if he was offered by X. I think he would end up being an afterthought like Pettigrew was who ended up at Western.

therick44
07-21-2009, 10:13 PM
therick,

do you have to know coaches and scouts to have opinions about your favorite team or a player? I appreciate your insights on recruiting information but you are coming off as a little pompous on this thread. You don't think Ricardo is as talented as kyhspreps does, end of story.

I wasn't saying you needed to know scouts or coaches to make a judgement on a player.

Read what I quoted... He said he doesn't know scouts or coaches that would call Xavier a mid-major. I was just wondering how many he actually knew and how many he had a convo about Xavier's status with as it relates to the rest of college basketball.

therick44
07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I know enough scouts and coaches to know that Ricardo is better than you're giving him credit for. The biggest thing that hurts him as a prospect is his AAU team doesn't ever compete in the national tournaments because 1) his aau coach can't get certified for them through the NCAA and 2) they simply don't have the overall size, talent, or depth to compete with the elite programs around the country. Despite those variables though, Ricardo is still considered the best prospect in KY.

If Ricardo was a MAC level player, Huggins and Cronin wouldn't have been in the Holmes gym last summer (several times) to see both him and his teammate Elijah Pittman. Ricardo also needs to improve his ACT score, which is another reason some of the bigger schools haven't offered. Once he re takes it in either September or October, as long as he improves, you'll see bigger offers come.

Again see above post.

I'm not commenting on your thoughts on Ric... I'm commenting on your conversations with coaches and scouts about Xavier.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Again see above post.

I'm not commenting on your thoughts on Ric... I'm commenting on your conversations with coaches and scouts about Xavier.

And again, see my post above.

What you're talking about is irrelevant to the topic at hand (Ricardo Johnson). I was simply making a general statement. I don't need to have conversations with scouts and coaches about Xavier to know that Xavier is a well respected program around the country. BUT, if you must, ask Huggins or Cronin what they think about the Xavier program and get back with me with their responses.

BTW, I had a chance to speak with both before the KY Players 8:00 game on day 1 (pool play) of the Adidas IT Takes 5ive Classic. Mick left before the game started so I didn't get much time with him, but Bob stayed around for some of the first half and took in some of the action. From talking to Huggy Bear, I can assure you that scouts and coaches think Rico is plenty good enough to play high major ball. Again, refer to my post above that you quoted and that explains (somewhat) why those schools haven't offered. If you know more about the situation, feel free to elaborate because you are good at what you do and have some pretty good stuff as well but I can tell you for a fact a lot of it has to do with the competition that Ricardo sees (and doesn't see) on the court.

Honestly, not many coaches want to watch him dominate in the silver bracket with a KY Players team that has probably only 2 other kids with enough talent to play D1 ball. They're too busy following the bigger name programs and teams with more overall talent in the winners bracket.

Xman95
07-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Honestly, who cares? It's Ricardo Johnson. At this point he's probably a barely visible blip on the radar. For whatever reason (game, academics, attitude, etc.) he seems to be the target of schools not quite at our level. I'll be concerned about him when he becomes a player that XU is really making a strong push for. With all the posts that have been appearing I keep waiting for something that says X is really pursuing this kid. Instead I keep getting a whole mess of nothing.

gladdenguy
07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
And again, see my post above.

What you're talking about is irrelevant to the topic at hand (Ricardo Johnson). I was simply making a general statement. I don't need to have conversations with scouts and coaches about Xavier to know that Xavier is a well respected program around the country. BUT, if you must, ask Huggins or Cronin what they think about the Xavier program and get back with me with their responses.

BTW, I had a chance to speak with both before the KY Players 8:00 game on day 1 (pool play) of the Adidas IT Takes 5ive Classic. Mick left before the game started so I didn't get much time with him, but Bob stayed around for some of the first half and took in some of the action. From talking to Huggy Bear, I can assure you that scouts and coaches think Rico is plenty good enough to play high major ball. Again, refer to my post above that you quoted and that explains (somewhat) why those schools haven't offered. If you know more about the situation, feel free to elaborate because you are good at what you do and have some pretty good stuff as well but I can tell you for a fact a lot of it has to do with the competition that Ricardo sees (and doesn't see) on the court.

Honestly, not many coaches want to watch him dominate in the silver bracket with a KY Players team that has probably only 2 other kids with enough talent to play D1 ball. They're too busy following the bigger name programs and teams with more overall talent in the winners bracket.

What Huggins and Cronin think??? HAHAHA. That X beats up on both of them????

PMI
07-23-2009, 02:20 PM
BUT, if you must, ask Huggins or Cronin what they think about the Xavier program and get back with me with their responses.

And exactly what is this supposed to mean? Ask Huggins about the program that has been the biggest thorn in his side of his career and ask Mick about the rival that has owned his little ass? Honestly, I'm asking you what the point of this sentence is and why you think anyone who calls his/herself a Xavier fan would give even a fraction of a shit about what those two bags of douche think.

Xman95
07-23-2009, 07:37 PM
BUT, if you must, ask Huggins or Cronin what they think about the Xavier program and get back with me with their responses.

You can't be serious. If you're hinting at the fact that they might say that they don't have respect for the X program or what it has done (Hey, Chuggy Bear, how did that BJ Raymond 3 taste in the tourney two years ago? Hey, Mick, how...wait, you can't even get to the tourney.), then you have lost any remaining respect you might have had. Hey, maybe Ric is as good as you claim and, if so, maybe you know something about high school hoops. But with comments like the one that has been quoted, it seems you have very little knowledge of college basketball.

That being said, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you really weren't trying to say Xavier isn't that good of a program. You've got another chance in my book. But, if I see more absurd comments like that, you'll be on the "ignore" list with the other yahoos.

therick44
07-24-2009, 02:09 AM
And now you all know why I was coming off as "pompous".... This dude has a long history of posting on other websites I'm on for NKy high school sports. He's been banned from those by the way and keeps coming back with new names. He also creates multiple names to talk to himself and respond to his own posts to talk himself up and make himself look smart. He's a complete fraud.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-24-2009, 04:20 AM
You can't be serious. If you're hinting at the fact that they might say that they don't have respect for the X program or what it has done (Hey, Chuggy Bear, how did that BJ Raymond 3 taste in the tourney two years ago? Hey, Mick, how...wait, you can't even get to the tourney.), then you have lost any remaining respect you might have had. Hey, maybe Ric is as good as you claim and, if so, maybe you know something about high school hoops. But with comments like the one that has been quoted, it seems you have very little knowledge of college basketball.

That being said, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you really weren't trying to say Xavier isn't that good of a program. You've got another chance in my book. But, if I see more absurd comments like that, you'll be on the "ignore" list with the other yahoos.

And exactly what is this supposed to mean? Ask Huggins about the program that has been the biggest thorn in his side of his career and ask Mick about the rival that has owned his little ass? Honestly, I'm asking you what the point of this sentence is and why you think anyone who calls his/herself a Xavier fan would give even a fraction of a shit about what those two bags of douche think.

What Huggins and Cronin think??? HAHAHA. That X beats up on both of them????

You ALL really took my post the wrong way. I was actually giving Xavier credit in my post by saying ask Huggins and Cronin what they think about the X program since neither has had success against them and both think very highly of the success X has had. Nobody was saying anything bad about them. You all really need to come down off your high horse and carefully read a post before attacking someone. If you would have saw one of my posts from the previous page, you would have saw where I said Xavier is far from a mid major and deserves to be considered an elite program.

kentuckyhighschoolpreps
07-24-2009, 04:26 AM
And now you all know why I was coming off as "pompous".... This dude has a long history of posting on other websites I'm on for NKy high school sports. He's been banned from those by the way and keeps coming back with new names. He also creates multiple names to talk to himself and respond to his own posts to talk himself up and make himself look smart. He's a complete fraud.

I think this may be the funniest post I've read on here. Creating multiple names to talk myself up and respond to posts to make myself look smart? LOL You have me confused with someone else my man. I think it's funny how childish you act on these forums though...very entertaining. If you're young, that's fine, but you may want to grow up some and act like an adult rather than calling someone out that you know nothing about.

Cincy Muskie
07-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Is X recruiting Ricardo yet?

gladdenguy
07-24-2009, 03:43 PM
You ALL really took my post the wrong way. I was actually giving Xavier credit in my post by saying ask Huggins and Cronin what they think about the X program since neither has had success against them and both think very highly of the success X has had. Nobody was saying anything bad about them. You all really need to come down off your high horse and carefully read a post before attacking someone. If you would have saw one of my posts from the previous page, you would have saw where I said Xavier is far from a mid major and deserves to be considered an elite program.

Very good job of explaining yourself. I did take that the wrong way. Thanks for the clarification.

therick44
07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
I think this may be the funniest post I've read on here. Creating multiple names to talk myself up and respond to posts to make myself look smart? LOL You have me confused with someone else my man. I think it's funny how childish you act on these forums though...very entertaining. If you're young, that's fine, but you may want to grow up some and act like an adult rather than calling someone out that you know nothing about.

Lol we are about the same age. You graduated from Holmes though you tell everyone you graduated from Highlands. You post on bluegrassrivals.com as tezzy and kywildcat01 two of the names you've been kicked off of bluegrasspreps with. You ask yourself questions on there and answer them. Honestly I'm fine with all this but when I see you posting the stuff I say places word for word that's when I have to call your sorry ass out. If neone doesn't believe this just go check out the enquirer blog post about ricardo and see what eta rho... kypreps other online name commented about it. The exact thing I posted on this board including saying he spoke to the akron coach.

Do you need me to go on?

Guess its time for a new screenname huh?

therick44
07-24-2009, 04:31 PM

Lol we are about the same age. You graduated from Holmes though you tell everyone you graduated from Highlands. You post on bluegrassrivals.com as tezzy and kywildcat01 two of the names you've been kicked off of bluegrasspreps with. You ask yourself questions on there and answer them. Honestly I'm fine with all this but when I see you posting the stuff I say places word for word that's when I have to call your sorry ass out. If neone doesn't believe this just go check out the enquirer blog post about ricardo and see what eta rho... kypreps other online name commented about it. The exact thing I posted on this board including saying he spoke to the akron coach.

Do you need me to go on?

Guess its time for a new screenname huh?

???
07-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Cronin is 1-2 against XU. He beat them when he had a 6'4 football player starting at PF, a hurricane Katrina victim starting, one transfer, one returning player and a freshman all starting.

I would at least Cronin had success for what he had on the floor. He has only played them 3 times in what have been rebuilding years from what Huggs left. Huggs is the exact opposite, some of the most talented teams in the country and couldn't win the Shootout.

X Factor
07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
He beat them when he had a 6'4 football player starting at PF, a hurricane Katrina victim starting, one transfer, one returning player and a freshman all starting.

Exactly how did that affect his ability to play basketball? Did he lose an arm or leg in the hurricane?

There are hundreds of college athletes that were affected by Katrina, but I doubt they forgot how to play their sport because of it.

AviatorX
07-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Cronin is 1-2 against XU. He beat them when he had a 6'4 football player starting at PF, a hurricane Katrina victim starting, one transfer, one returning player and a freshman all starting.

I would at least Cronin had success for what he had on the floor. He has only played them 3 times in what have been rebuilding years from what Huggs left. Huggs is the exact opposite, some of the most talented teams in the country and couldn't win the Shootout.

That's a losing record.

???
07-25-2009, 12:21 AM
That's a losing record.

I hear you. I just think it was a success for Cronin to win that game given his team against what X had on the floor and compared to what Huggs typically did with loaded teams.. Still Mick is 1-2, but his shootout battle has just begun. Should be fun.

West is Best
09-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Commits to Ohio U:
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2009/09/swete-16-mvp-makes-his-pick.html

Xman95
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Well, it looks like Kentuckyhighschoolpreps was wrong and TheRick was correct...Johnson is a MAC level player. Sure, he could prove to be a steal for OU, but that remains to be seen. All we can work on now are things that have happened. TheRick said Johnson was a MAC player and he winds up at a MAC school. Seems like TR had a more accurate assessment than KYJellyPreps.