PDA

View Full Version : Site Updates Coming

Muskie
10-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I'll be updating the Roster, Depth Chart, Commits, and Other areas this weekend. I'll also be trying to get the schedule finished up (with appropriate pictures)..

Anyone have anything they'd like to suggest we add, do differently, subtract?

I have plans to also maybe start previewing some games...

ATL Muskie
10-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Suspend Snipe's account every day from 2:00AM until 6:00AM.

XU05and07
10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Suspend Snipe's account every day from 2:00AM until 6:00AM.

Google is implementing a program to cut down on the amount of "drunk emailing"...during certain hours of the day, you have to answer questions (easy math and trivia) to prove that you are sober enough to send an email that you might otherwise regret later.

Can we get that implemented on here?

Muskie
10-13-2008, 12:28 PM
That would severely limit Thor as well.

coasterville95
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Interesting, I had not heard of drunk emailing, whats next a EUI (Emailing under the influence), PUI (posting under the influence), and whats the punishment for that. Also how are we going to define drunk.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago, I had Google asking me to type in a security code (you know the "tell me what characters you see in the hard to see graphic above") before I could complete a search. I solved that problem by pointing my browser towards www.yahoo.com for a couple days till Google got it out of its system.

Pete Delkus
10-13-2008, 01:36 PM
http://nlutailgate.typepad.com/nlublog/images/huggins_dui.jpg

Strong odor of alcohol and vomit on the keyboard...

"You are being given a EUI....You know we had you once before. Remember that?"

"Don't do this to me!"

PM Thor
10-13-2008, 01:36 PM

I cannot refute this in any way, sadly.

XURunner85
10-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I would like to see the individual records added, like the 1000 point club, rebounds, blocks, assist... things like this....I am sure you can get this at goxavier.com or wait until the new book on this years team comes out...I think they sell them online and at the games....

Muskie
10-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I would like to see the individual records added, like the 1000 point club, rebounds, blocks, assist... things like this....I am sure you can get this at goxavier.com or wait until the new book on this years team comes out...I think they sell them online and at the games....

Records are in the works... but 'd like to get the rosters done first... it's a work in progress for some of that stuff up there.

Fred Garvin
10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Interesting, I had not heard of drunk emailing, whats next a EUI (Emailing under the influence), PUI (posting under the influence), and whats the punishment for that. Also how are we going to define drunk.

Didn't we play Indiana University at Posting Under the Influence? Snipe's their drunk poster in residence.

MADXSTER
10-14-2008, 05:36 PM
I like the game threads Muskie. Look great.

I assume you will re-open them when the games get closer.

Muskie
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I like the game threads Muskie. Look great.

I assume you will re-open them when the games get closer.

Yes... the plan right now is to open then a few at a time, and then have the actual game thread be separate as we did last season.

vee4xu
10-14-2008, 07:34 PM

Not to mention q59.

coasterville95
10-15-2008, 07:26 AM
I second loving the specially made game threads. Having all the resources, rosters, and when available fan sites will help the pre game and post game experience.

Oh, for the scheudling, I noted some odd times on the Ticketmaster site, which I would think would be firm now that they are selling the tickets (season ticket holdr presale). Just a short time ago the games were on Ticketmaster without times.

For example there are a handful of 7:30 starts, including the first regular season game (IPFW)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/180447/?search_redirect=cintas%20center&tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search

Jumpy
10-15-2008, 07:43 AM
I would like to see a page dedicated to, and ran solely by, Nuts and his lovely ladies.

And another one for Glow. One thread of pictures devoted to the awesome life that he lives and the amazingly hot chicks that he pals around with isn't enough. He needs a dedicated page as well.

JoeMuskie
10-15-2008, 09:07 AM
It would be nice to add a link, as some other sites do, to download this year's schedule into our Outlook calenders.

Thanks for asking.

coasterville95
10-15-2008, 10:00 AM
I think I've seen that download the schedule to Outlook link somewhere. Maybe on Goxavier.com. I was waiting until the times were announced as firm.

But agreed, handy feature nonetheless.

The other thing I eagerly await every season is the Promotional calendar which describes all the planned giveaways, haltime acts and any other pertinent information about what promotions is doing at each game. I mean you don't want to miss Quick Change or the Frisbee Dogs, or a nice player/mascot bobblehead, now do you?

In that regard seeing the womens basketball promotional guide is just as important, since I only go to selected women's games, the promotional items can and have helped me to decide which ones. Two words: Mascot Basketball. Oh, and watching the then undefeated Goergia teams coach have a near nuclear meltdown on the sidelines was entertaining as well.

BBC 08
10-15-2008, 10:25 AM
. Two words: Mascot Basketball.

Being a part of Mascot Basketball will always be a highlight in my college career.

xu2006
10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
I think I've seen that download the schedule to Outlook link somewhere. Maybe on Goxavier.com. I was waiting until the times were announced as firm.

But agreed, handy feature nonetheless.

http://goxavier.cstv.com/ot/xavi-sched-download.html

XU05and07
10-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Being a part of Mascot Basketball will always be a highlight in my college career.

don't give me a bloody nose and take my head off next time...it scares the little kids

I am HORSEPOWER (though being the Pillsbury Doughboy the year before was more fun)

BBC 08
10-15-2008, 12:04 PM
don't give me a bloody nose and take my head off next time...it scares the little kids

I am HORSEPOWER (though being the Pillsbury Doughboy the year before was more fun)

Scary? I guess. Funny as hell seeing a giant drop of blood spear a horse? You bet your ass it was.