PDA

View Full Version : Xavier football: XU- 24 Thomas More JV- 7

nickgyp
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Tonight at Norwood's Shea Stadium, the Muskie gridders took on T. More's Saints. Weather was nice with 350-400 in attendance.
(I took notes fior the 1st time)

1st Q.:

Xavier kicks off; TM starts on own 25 yd. line but goes 3 and out.
X receives bad ount and starts on TM's 43 yard line.
On a 3rd and 5, Chris Greenwood completes 20 yd pass to Dan Deters to TM's 23yd line for a 1st down.
X faces 4th and 1 and TM holds.
TM goes 3 and out as X's defense holds on a 3rd and 10.
TM punt goes to X's 27 yd line.
TM defense forces X into 4th and 19.
X punts to Own 45 yd.line.
TM QB is sacked by FR DL, T.K. Washinton but TM coverts on 3rd and 10 getting to X's 12 yd. line.
Quarrter ends, 0-0,

2nd. Quarter:

TM fumble recoverd by Andrew Dornbrook but X goes 3 and out.
Craig Hallman punt gives TM ball on TM's 35 yd. line.
TM completes 3 straight passes to X's 20 yd. line.
TM scores on a 6yd. run and with PAT, score is TM-7 XU-0 with 7:30 left in half.
XU's Charles Dickson returns kickoff 40 yds, and with TM face mask penallty, X starts on TM's 45 yd line.
On a 3rd and 10, Greenwood completes 30 yd. pass to Andon Daniels.
On a 1st and 10 from TM/s 21 yd. line, C.J. Morlands runs into end zone.
Hallman's kick ties it at 7-7.
Tm takes kickoff to own 35 yd. line.
Freshman Brian Hoyer stops TM run but with 3rd and 1, XU flagged for 12 men on field giving TM 1st down.
TM later converts a 4th and four for 1st down to X's 30 yd line.
XU soph LB Phil Migits throws TM for 5yd loss.
TM's pass attempt on 4th and 15 fails as TM called for offensive pass interference at X's 5yd. line.
Xavier takes over on own 35 yd line.
Cllock runs out, half ends in 7-7 tie

3rd. Quarter:

X takes 2nd half kickoff and eturns ball to own 31 yd. line
X fails to convert on a 3rd and 15 and punts to TM.
TM starts on own 40 yd line; and frosh LB Brian Hoyer makes nice tacckle.
On 3rd down, TM's pass is intercepted by freshman DB Eric Miles and returned some 40 yds for a TD.
Hallman's kick puts X up 14-7
Tm takes kick to own 40 yd. line.
X LB Phil Migitz makes nice tackle and TM holding penalty forces TM into 3rd and 21.
TM gains yardage and faces 4th and 5 and facing punt.
XU flagged 12 men on field; TM 1st down in X territory.
TM fumble recovered by X's Greg Morgan at X's 38yd. line
X QB Chris Greenwood converts 3rd and 4 on a QB keeper.
Grenwood completes 25 yd. pass to Andon Daniels who recovered his own fumble on TM 18 yd. line.
TM forces X to 4th and 9 and Hallman's 30 yd. FG puts X up 17-7 with 1:36 left in 3rd. Q.
Quarter ends, X up 17-7.

4th Quarter:

TM takes kick and quickly goes 3 and out with punt pinning X on own 4yd. line.
On a 3rd and 4, Greenwood completes 40 yd. pass to Dan Deters.
Couple plays later, Greenwood's pass to Dan Deters goes for 25 yards.
TM also flagged for roughing QB; and penalty gives X 1st down on TM's 16 yd. line.
On 3rd and 11, Greenwood finds freshman WR Jon Deters for 21 yd. TD.
Hallman's PAT kick nudges upright but is good.
X leads 24-7 with 6:21 left in game,
TM takes kick to own 38 yd line and later converts on 4th and 8 on X's 42 yd line.
TM drives to X's 10 but on 3rd and 8, Eric Miles records 2nd interception of night in end zone for a touchback with 1:47 left.
X runs out clock and wins 24-7 to run record to 2-0.

Congrtas to Coach Powers, staff and team.

Kudos to XU dance team for leading the Muskie faithful and a nice halftime performance.
(Dance team threw plastic footballs to fans in second hallf. Nice touch,.......and I still have mine form 1966 XU-Uc game at Nippert stadium)

Araceli
09-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Great news and lots of continuing wins for the XU gridders. Sounds like all is going rather nicely and that onle TIME will dictate the future.

Masterofreality
09-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Shouldn't being undefeated put us into the B-ull C S-h*** National Championship game?

XUOHTX
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Man I wish they had Club Football while I was there. Maybe I will get up there for a game this year.

PM Thor
09-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Man I wish they had Club Football while I was there. Maybe I will get up there for a game this year.

Club football is open to faculty and staff too, right? I say the team gets that monster Father Graham out on the field.

vee4xu
09-30-2008, 05:25 PM
nick, I promised you last year that I would attend a game this year. I plan on attending the game during Reunion Weekend which happens between November 6-8.

Do you have the details of that game? Opponent? Time? Location? I would like to meet you if you're going to be there.

nickgyp
09-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Vee:

Game is scheduled vs. Marquette on Saturday, Nov. 8 at noon at Withrow H.S.. I plan on attending and I would enjoy meeting you. As the date approaches, we can work out particulars. I look forward to it.

The Artist
09-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Club football is open to faculty and staff too, right? I say the team gets that monster Father Graham out on the field.

You mean "Guns Graham"?

vee4xu
09-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Vee:

Game is scheduled vs. Marquette on Saturday, Nov. 8 at noon at Withrow H.S.. I plan on attending and I would enjoy meeting you. As the date approaches, we can work out particulars. I look forward to it.

Will do. Thanks, Nick.

xudash
09-30-2008, 10:09 PM
nick, I promised you last year that I would attend a game this year. I plan on attending the game during Reunion Weekend which happens between November 6-8.

Do you have the details of that game? Opponent? Time? Location? I would like to meet you if you're going to be there.

On that note, vee, we're coming up for RW as well. I would be honored to meet both nick and you, assuming you and I haven't already stumbled over one another in Dana's at some point in history. We will absolutely be attending the Xavier FOOTBALL game.

nickgyp
10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Dash:

Sounds good to me. Game is at noon; since I am on the sideline during the game and now seem to be an unofficial reporter of sorts, it will most likely be beofre the game, during the half or afterwards but we can work out the details as the date approaches. Glad you will make it.