PDA

View Full Version : The Bengals.....Rock Bottom

PM Thor
09-28-2008, 03:14 PM
The Bungles have hit it. I don't see how it can get any worse. Losing to that Cleveland team? Really?

No, I mean really? Chris Perry as a starting back? Apparently he has an aversion to footballs....

Masterofreality
09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
I'll agree.

I take no pride in the fact that my Browns beat that team. A battle of ineptitude.

What the hell? The Bungles are back to square one, again! Mike Brown is executive of the year- in reverse. That signing of Chris Henry really brought that team together.

But seriously, why do that? Undermine your coach. Bring back a troublemaker. Destroy team unity.

What a mess. The Browns may be bad, but the Bungles are an embarrassment.

XU2424
09-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Indeed we are an embarrasment, but I wouldn't claim the Clowns if I was you. They are just less BAD, if that makes sense. Ohio doesn't have much going on with football, BUT it is a good time to an Elder ALUM!! They are looking good....you can always count on Cincinnati High School football to come through in the bad times...am I pulling for straws here????

XU2424
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Staring at 0-7 with the Cowboys, Jets and Steelers coming up. So...when does the preseason start??????? At least we all have Xavier, they always seem to come through in the clutch.

BBC 08
09-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey atleast you all aren't Rams fans. It's a sad state of affairs for us Rams fans.

X-band '01
09-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Even the Texans should be able to beat the Bengals back in Houston - it's never a good sign when you're 0-2 in the division and both losses are against teams not named Pittsburgh.

Just think about it - the offensive line is going to get Palmer hurt (oh wait, it already has!), the defensive line is going to let teams run roughshod over them, and Chad and TJ are eventually going to explode on somebody on and off the field.

The potential is there to make a run at the 1-15 mark the Dolphins had last year. It'll be fun chasing the Rams for the #1 pick in 2009.

PM Thor
09-28-2008, 06:09 PM
X band, in all honesty, I am fairly impressed with the Bungles D. They aren't sucking as bad as they have historically.

drudy23
09-28-2008, 07:23 PM
In a sick way, I'm almost hoping for 0-16.

OK, guess it's not so sick.

PS - how many times in the last 20 years have we seen rock bottom? And I'm pretty confident we'll see rock bottom again. We live rock bottom.

Is it possible to ever be rock bottom when you're this bad? We're so bad, it's impossible for us to hit rock bottom...that's bad.

MADXSTER
09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.jonco48.com/blog/RockBottom.jpg

Juice
09-28-2008, 09:35 PM
In a sick way, I'm almost hoping for 0-16.

OK, guess it's not so sick.

PS - how many times in the last 20 years have we seen rock bottom? And I'm pretty confident we'll see rock bottom again. We live rock bottom.

Is it possible to ever be rock bottom when you're this bad? We're so bad, it's impossible for us to hit rock bottom...that's bad.

I am with you. If the Bengals are going to be bad, they might as well be historically bad. Also, going for the number one pick should be a goal. Throw some games so we can get the top pick, pick the wrong kid, and then have a lengthy holdout.

Juice
09-28-2008, 09:51 PM
The way the Bengals are playing, they couldn’t beat Xavier University’s Club Team right now.

- Chick Ludwig

D-West & PO-Z
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
I am with you. If the Bengals are going to be bad, they might as well be historically bad. Also, going for the number one pick should be a goal. Throw some games so we can get the top pick, pick the wrong kid, and then have a lengthy holdout.

You honestly think they will have to? I think they can do it trying their hardest.

Jumpy
09-29-2008, 06:46 AM
I agree that the Bengals have hit rock bottom. Until Carson's mysterious shoulder injury, there was a glimmer of hope that they could turn things around. You could see flashes of the old offense coming back in the Giants game. Without Palmer, though, there is no hope left.

If Carson had been in the game yesterday, the Bengals would have won and and momentum would be building to become at least a middle of the road team. With Fitz though, no dice.

Frank D.
09-29-2008, 08:55 AM
If Carson had been in the game yesterday, the Bengals would have won and and momentum would be building to become at least a middle of the road team. With Fitz though, no dice.

I am a Browns fan who was at the game yesterday and the above is correct. Both of those teams were just awful and if Palmer would have played, I can't imagine the Bengals not winning that game - Fitzpatrick showed some toughness and moxy, by he is just not a very good quarterback. If Palmer is out for any extended length of time, the Bengals will seriously be hard-pressed to win a game. With him, they showed they can play at lease be competitive and win some games (see Giants game).

And just as an aside, not to change the subject, but if Romeo wouldn't put Quinn in the game after the first 3 quarters DA had yesterday, you wonder if he is ever going to go to Quinn.

X-band '01
10-01-2008, 06:21 AM
In fairness to Ryan Fitzpatrick, he didn't get to take a lot of snaps in practice last week because it was still apparent up until Sunday that Palmer would start. By the same token, he could have a month of practice and they'd still have a mountain of trouble awaiting him in Dallas next Sunday.

And Thor, I agree with you in some ways, but as long as the Bengals can't get any production out of their defensive line, they'll be hard put to stop the run on defense. That has to be the top priority for the team when the 2009 Draft comes around (with the offensive line a close second).