PDA

View Full Version : Chris Wright has learned to make excuses like UD fans

Juice
09-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Being from Dayton Chris Wright has probably known how to make excuses on why things do not happen, and if he did not know how then he learned in one year at UD.

From the Dayton Daily News:

Wright gets an up-close view of LeBron's game
By Doug Harris

the Dayton Daily News

Thursday, August 28, 2008

DAYTON — Chris Wright didn't get off a dunk while being matched up against LeBron James in pickup games earlier this summer, and the University of Dayton sophomore leaper didn't surrender one, either.

But it wasn't lock-down defense that stopped their duel from becoming a jamfest.

"He didn't dunk on me, but he could have," Wright said. "I could've dunked on him, but he held me."
Wright and Flyer teammate Marcus Johnson — who hails from James' alma mater, Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary — worked at the NBA superstar's basketball camp with Xavier's B.J. Raymond and other college standouts. And when the group split up to play 5-on-5, James usually joined them.

"He's so strong," Wright said. "And he just makes quick moves to the basket and gets right to the rim."

Wright was overmatched but wasn't disappointed with how he did — especially since he's been rehabbing a fractured right ankle since last season.

"My ankle is fine," he said. "I'm glad I took it slow. I can push off on my right foot and dunk with my left hand."

BJ was obviously mentioned in this story as well. What kind of camp was this?

golfitup
09-21-2008, 07:29 PM
I dont understand where the excuse is.

Juice
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
That he held him, and the post is a joke.