PDA

View Full Version : Giants Vs. Bengals

D-West & PO-Z
09-20-2008, 11:27 AM
So, whats the score? Anyone want to guess? I was waiting for this game so much last year when I found out they would be playing but it has kind have lost its luster now that the Bengals are off to such a bad start. I havent heard one word from any of my friends about the game or anything. Its not fun to talk trash when no one is going to talk back. Any of you bold enough to predict a breakout game ad a victory for the Bungles? Anyone? Bueller?

My prediction is:

Giants: 41
Bengals: 17

PM Thor
09-20-2008, 11:28 AM
I was going to say more like 38-10.

MADXSTER
09-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I didn't realize you were such the optimist. Do you really think the Bengals will score 17?

D-West & PO-Z
09-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I didn't realize you were such the optimist. Do you really think the Bengals will score 17?

Ha ha. I thought I might get a comment like this. I think the Bengals will get a little life on offense. I also think that if the Giants air i out like I think they are going to try and do that the Bengals will get a lot of offensive possessions and get more opportunities to score.

drudy23
09-21-2008, 09:05 AM
I hope they get embarrassed so everyone can throw Marvin's comments back at him.

"Marvin, you lost 42-3...are you worried now"?

"Is 42-3 right where you want to be?"

XU2424
09-21-2008, 10:16 AM
WOW 17 points, and PM says 10!! That is being optimistic gentlemen. One touchdown is a stretch with these guys, I say 6, two field goals by Graham. Eli airs it out, we cannot stop Plaxico and Bengals lose 34-6. GO BENGALS!!

ATL Muskie
09-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I actually think this might be a close one- don't ask me why. I'll say 24-17 G-Men.

XU2424
09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Come on guys the Bengals D is like a good high school team. The offense, well at least they are moving the ball somewhat today, but they can't make the big play happen. Eli is having his way, the backs can't stop a pass play and the D line is giving Eli enough time to take a shit before he throws it.

Juice
09-21-2008, 02:36 PM
I know the Giants D loves to sack people, but what the hell has happened to Levi Jones?

An X Fan
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Nice effort from Coach Brat in overtime - burn your first 2 plays, put Carson in 3rd in long - well done.

Nice effort from the defense. When you need a stop. No. Not once.

XU2424
09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Did you expect anything different???? The defense got the stop they needed and then Brat goes to work...man I don't even know why I get upset anymore. Its laughable..honestly, they are a BAD football team. I think we might have regressed into the 90's. 0-3 and honestly I don't see a win for.....hmmmmmm....well maybe not one this year.

drudy23
09-21-2008, 03:30 PM
They should have won that game in regulation. How on earth Carson could let 15-20 seconds run off the clock in that situation is inexcusable. They were staring a win in the face, and ended up not even giving themselves a chance to put the ball in the endzone.

Absolute idiacy.

D-West & PO-Z
09-21-2008, 04:12 PM
I had a feeling the Bengals offense would come to life but I had no idea their defense would be able to keep the giants in check. The fact that the giants dropped a lot of balls and Eli missed on some throws probably didnt help either but I thought Plaxico would have his way. That game was way too close for comfort. What the hell has happened to Chad Johnson? It was like half way through the second quarter and my friend turns to me and asks me if Chad was playing today and I honestly wasnt sure.

ATL Muskie
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
I actually think this might be a close one- don't ask me why. I'll say 24-17 G-Men.

It was a close one. Rep points.

Jumpy
09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
They should have won that game in regulation. How on earth Carson could let 15-20 seconds run off the clock in that situation is inexcusable. They were staring a win in the face, and ended up not even giving themselves a chance to put the ball in the endzone.

Absolute idiacy.

I was wondering why they didn't use their last timeout, but I'm not so hard on them. They couldn't spike it because they didn't get the first on third down, but they took forever to get into formation.

DC Muskie
09-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Now we can focus on the worst game of the NFL this season. Browns and Bengals. Catch the excitement!

Smails
09-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Now we can focus on the worst game of the NFL this season. Browns and Bengals. Catch the excitement!

That game is going to look like a monkey fu**ing a football

Juice
09-22-2008, 08:13 AM

There is no winner when teams like these two play each other, and the real losers are the fans.

Frank D.
09-22-2008, 09:46 AM

I am a Browns fan who will be in attendance at PBS on Sunday. The good news? Somebody has to win . . . let's hope it's my Browns.

MADXSTER
09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Relax, everything is going to be Okay. According to an NFL web site...The NFL is implementing a "No Team Left Behind Act" program. This program is set up to help and able NFL teams who are lagging behind the normal progress of your average NFL team.

Formerly known as outcome-based "wins and losses", which is based on the belief that setting high expectations and establishing measurable goals can improve an individual team's outcomes in the NFL. The Act requires NFL teams to develop assessments in basic skills to be given to all players in certain positions, if those teams are to receive NFL funding for players.

The effectiveness and desirability of the NFL's measures are hotly debated. A primary criticism asserts that the NFL could reduce effective instruction and player learning because it may cause teams to lower achievement goals and motivate coaches to "teach to the play." A primary supportive claim asserts that systematic testing provides data that shed light on which teams are not coaching basic skills effectively, so that interventions can be made to improve outcomes for all players while reducing the achievement gap for disadvantaged and disabled players.

In short, the Bengals will be a better team before too long.

xu2006
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I am a Browns fan who will be in attendance at PBS on Sunday. The good news? Somebody has to win . . . let's hope it's my Browns.

There could be a tie. Or did they make it an endless progression of 15 minute periods?