PDA

View Full Version : GW schedule a doosy

Muskie
09-11-2008, 06:33 PM
http://gwsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/gewa-m-baskbl-sched.html

Wow... what an awful schedule. Why the A-10 allows it's member schools to schedule this way is beyond me.

PM Thor
09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, on the good side, they have Boston, Maryland, and Auburn...

but holy Hell that is a bad schedule. Terrible, if I daresay.

Tardy Turtle
09-11-2008, 06:47 PM
@ BU
@ Sacramento State
@ Longwood

Someone has compromising pictures of Mr. Hobbs, methinks.

DAllen15
09-11-2008, 06:47 PM
GW was 9-17 (5-11) last year, scoring a whopping 63ppg, so Hobbs may have (correctly) figured that there's no point in getting whomped in the nonconference portion of his schedule when this team certainly needs time to improve.

PMI
09-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Their best game by far will be @Xavier. If we lose that game at Cintas, it will be to a 32-0 GW team who probably gets a 6 seed in the tournament.

GoMuskies
09-11-2008, 06:55 PM
BU has a nice, new basketball arena on campus (it's really a hockey arena, but they play basketball there too). I might jump on the Green Line and go over to that game if I'm free that Friday night.

Juice
09-11-2008, 08:49 PM
UMBC is a tourney team. Go Retrievers!

XU05and07
09-11-2008, 11:05 PM
GW was 9-17 (5-11) last year, scoring a whopping 63ppg, so Hobbs may have (correctly) figured that there's no point in getting whomped in the nonconference portion of his schedule when this team certainly needs time to improve.

Hobbs' stock was so high a few years ago...and he didn't take the chance to make the jump to the big time. That decision has cost him many $$$ and, soon, his job all together

cinskyline
09-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I was on the GW board a few days ago, and they were bitching about the easy schedule. That schedule almost makes Dayton's look challenging.

I agree with you XU05and07 about Hobbs. He should have jumped for a better job a couple years ago. His program is down now and I don't see a turn around in the near future. I give him 2 years at best before he's canned.

X-band '01
09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
They're also participating in a holiday tournament in Hawai'i over Christmas - that's why they have the road game at Sacramento State. There's no excuse for playing a game at Longwood, though.

XU05and07
09-12-2008, 10:36 AM
They're also participating in a holiday tournament in Hawai'i over Christmas - that's why they have the road game at Sacramento State. There's no excuse for playing a game at Longwood, though.

I thought our conference wasn't allowing any teams to be "buy" games...Longwood must have some money to burn

Muskie
09-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah but i looked up the Hawaii Tourney invitees and they were nothing to write home about either.
Rainbow Classic field includes Colorado, Colorado State, Coppin State, Pepperdine, Vermont and the host Rainbow Warriors (http://www.basketballforum.com/#) of Hawai'i

Ninerballin
09-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Yeah but i looked up the Hawaii Tourney invitees and they were nothing to write home about either.
Rainbow Classic field includes Colorado, Colorado State, Coppin State, Pepperdine, Vermont and the host Rainbow Warriors (http://www.basketballforum.com/#) of Hawai'i

That's probably the worst field I've seen in the Rainbow in years.