PDA

View Full Version : Bengals

Stonebreaker
01-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Saw this on Lance's blog......from Paul Daugherty.

I don't know how people stay Bengals fans. I really don't.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/

dc_x
01-15-2008, 02:38 PM
From Lance McAllister's blog (in reponse to Mike Brown's claim that the Bengals scouting department is large enough):

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
--Winston Churchill

Kahns Krazy
01-15-2008, 05:27 PM
I understand how people stay Bengals fans. Homegames are enjoyable, even in a losing season.

I don't understand how anyone is a Daugherty fan.

"Pardon my french, Rooney, but you're an a**hole".
http://www.movietees.co.uk/USERIMAGES/ferris_bueller_shot_1.jpg

Stonebreaker
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
No doubt about Doc, I'm not a fan of his. But his posting was humorous. The Bengals put out a bad product, and they are fortunate that the NFL is as popular as it is, or people would not attend the games.

Stonebreaker
01-15-2008, 06:37 PM
BTW-Apparently the Bengals hired ex-Falcon DC Mike Zimmer. Can I get a WOO for two-times Tuesday?

PM Thor
01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
"Bengals Raise Ticket Prices
The Cincinnati Bengals are raising ticket prices.
The hike reflects a an increase of four dollars per ticket.
The team finished with a 7-9 record this season. "

That is about $40 bucks more for me, or almost a whole other game ticket.
I don't know how they get away with this crap. I am so happy I have a buddy who is willing to split the price of the tickets with me for this upcoming season, otherwise I would have cancelled my tickets altogether.

I swear, Mike Brown is the Devil. I hate that guy. What a snot sucking piece of crap. He puts out that product on the field, AND raises prices? What a jerk.

And here we are, Bengals fans, sitting back and taking it, with no way to say no to the insanity (other than giving up altogether).

xeus
01-17-2008, 05:57 PM
And here we are, Bengals fans, sitting back and taking it, with no way to say no to the insanity (other than giving up altogether).

I enjoy going to the games once in awhile, but I'm not that into it to pay the Brown family for season tickets. Screw em. As long as there enough other suckers out there like Thor to keep the sellouts coming, I'm cool just sitting at home drinking cheap beer and watching the game on TV with my dogs.

X-band '01
01-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Is that your dog Xeus, or is that one of Higgins' hounds from Magnum P.I.?

xeus
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Is that your dog Xeus, or is that one of Higgins' hounds from Magnum P.I.?

Yeah, that's Seamus my Dobe mix.

PM Thor
01-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah I am a sucker. I used to be a big Bengals fan, but now? Nope. I go to the games for the tailgating and because it's fun to hang out with my friends.

Plus, if the Pats go undefeated, at least I can look back and say I saw them in person. Which is kind of cool.

Stonebreaker
01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Cincinnati is held hostage to the Reds and Bengals ownership. NFL popularity is at a very high level, and baseball revenue has been soaring. External pressure will not get them to change their ways, and it must come from within. Fortunately, the Reds are trying to get back on track (albeit slowly), but the Bengals have very little incentive to change.
Until the fans don't show up, nothing will happen. Although they could always move, and that's always a nice trump card.

Kahns Krazy
01-18-2008, 09:33 AM
I actually had a post here yesterday, but some keystroke of mine deleted it.

Anyway, the point I was making was that if you are a disgruntled Bengals fan with season tickets, *you* are the problem. Mike Brown is putting a sub-par program on the field, and you're paying for it.

I didn't really see anyone pitch a fit when beer prices went to $6.75 per beer this year. Mike raised ticket prices the equivilent of a six pack. Where is the outrage?

I don't blame Mike Brown. I'm a free man. I can go root for Indy if I want. Hell, there are 5 teams within 5 hours that I could be a fan of if I wanted. I choose the Bengals, but that doesn't mean the man has to listen to my opinions about how to run the team.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. If I sat at Arby's everyday, buying roast beef sandwiches and bitching loudly about how terrible they were, people would think I was insane, and those are 5 for $5.95.

KC4X
01-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, the fans could really make a statement by continuing the tailgating and then going somewhere downtown to watch the game. Win-win - keep downtown on the upswing and show visible support of the Bengals, but don't put $ in Mike Brown's pocket.

PM Thor
01-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Yes, the fans could really make a statement by continuing the tailgating and then going somewhere downtown to watch the game. Win-win - keep downtown on the upswing and show visible support of the Bengals, but don't put $ in Mike Brown's pocket.

Hmm. I may just start doing this in the near future. For some reason I didn't even think about doing it.

XU 87
01-19-2008, 07:20 AM
The only time you will see change with the Bengals is when people stop coming to the games.

waggy
01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
They messed up by not signing the guard that went to the Browns. Can't think of his name right now, but that guy was able to play all the line positions effectively. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Browns line played a lot better this year. Instead they sign Anderson who is almost done, and the left tackle is okay, but he's not pro bowl caliber.

Stonebreaker
01-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Eric Steinbach.

PM Thor
01-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Eric Steinbach.

It was either put the tag on Steinbach or on Justin Smith. They chose Smith, and, while I understand that they were desperate for any defensive pressure upfront, they still made a bad choice.

You never, ever pass on a proven offensive lineman. Ever. The Bengals were hoping that their 6th lineman (can't remember his name right now) who was being groomed was ready to step up. He did ok, but couldn't move from position to position like Steinbach could.

Terrible decision by the Bengals. Terrible.

Cheesehead
01-29-2008, 10:23 PM
KC4X:

That's actually a damn good idea! How can Mike Brown have the sack to raise prices after a 7-9 season? People, stop going to these games; for the love of God!