PDA

View Full Version : Non-conference Schedule

xu_fan
09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I noticed that at goxavier.com they announced all the non-conference games this year and boy do we have a tough road ahead of us...

We start out at home against Robert Morris in the WNIT and if we win that we will either play Ball State/Indiana than if we win that we'll likely play North Carolina... After the WNIT we play....
Louisville (rough)
@LSU (rough)
Xavier Invite: UT-Martin and Winthrop
Kentucky (could be tough)
Akron
@UC (should be easy but you never know with this game)
Michigan St. (tough)
Davidson
@Arizona St. (tough)
@Georgia (tough)
New Hampshire ( A return home for Kristin Cole and Tara Boooooothe
@ Mississippi St. (could be tough)

What does everyone think of that... We knew who many of them were but to see all those is astonishing!!!! I've been following the team for about 9 years now and I'm so excited about this schedule and nervous... I'm pumped up though...

Do you think most of these series are home/home matchups??? Another words do you think we'll play LSU, Miss St, Arizona St next year... I hope so... LETS GO X!!!!

cinskyline
09-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Okay, I'm going to make some predictions:

Robert Morris -- WIN

Ball State/Indiana -- I think Indiana will be good this year and I don't know about Ball St. I think we win in a close game against either. -- WIN

North Carolina -- LOSS

Louisville (rough) -- I'd like to think we break the losing streak against Loserville this year, but for some reason I'm not seeing it. UL brings back McCoughtry and Bingham. --- LOSS

@LSU (rough) -- LSU has been to 5 straight Final Fours, but I think they'll be down this year. Traveling to Baton Rouge is never easy though --- LOSS

Xavier Invite: UT-Martin -- Easy win

and Winthrop -- Easy win

Kentucky -- UK will probably be rebuilding this year. Should be an easy win

Akron-- WIN

@UC -- After last year, I'm making no predictions. Should be a win though.

Michigan St. -- LOSS

Davidson -- WIN

@Arizona St. -- I think this will definitely be a loss

@Georgia (tough)-- Could go either way-- I'll say win.

New Hampshire -- WIN

@ Mississippi St. -- Anyone know what Miss. St. is supposed to be like this year? I'll have to do some research on this one, but I'll say win in the meantime.

That would give us a non-conference record of 11-5. Not bad.

That road schedule is a killer this year, but I agree with McGuff's scheduling. It really doesn't help us to schedule easy. I prefer the harder schedule.

XU-PA
09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I hope your picks ring true Snow, 11-5 with that kind of schedule would be great to head into the A-10.
I'll just disagree on one game, I think the trip to Louisville gets us a win.

Did you notice the locations?? XU gets 7 straight games in Cinti from late november till mid december, the at UC game is the only roadie in the bunch.

cinskyline
09-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I hope your picks ring true Snow, 11-5 with that kind of schedule would be great to head into the A-10.
I'll just disagree on one game, I think the trip to Louisville gets us a win.

Did you notice the locations?? XU gets 7 straight games in Cinti from late november till mid december, the at UC game is the only roadie in the bunch.

The Louisville game is at home this year. Last year, we couldn't handle the press at all. I think we turned the ball over 28 times in that game. The result of this game may depend on how much the guards have improved.