PDA

View Full Version : Floyd and the ladies

XU-PA
09-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Nice start for XU volleyball.

3-0 to start with wins over Youngstown State, Toldeo and Ohio State to take the Ohio State Sports Import Classic in Columbus.

Next to Georgia for Georgia State and Georgia Tech.
And the home opener 9/9 against Western Kentucky

Firehose
09-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Again, I'm going to just jump in and assume that I'm the resident Volleyball guy here, so here's a little info I can throw around to all those people who are not really up on XU Women's Volleyball.

Senior Setter Jenn Welsh is an all-star and a great floor leader. Senior Libero Megan Hellmann is coming into her own this year in a big way, as she was named to the all-tournament team at the Ohio State tournament they just won. Junior Kelly Ruth is just a flatout great player and is one of the best attackers you could ever ask for. Junior Lauren Kaminsky is a VERY versatile player, starting at Libero during her Freshman year, but has moved back to her natural position at Outside Hitter where she swings like Happy Gilmore breaking noses wherever possible.

Finally, my analysis ends with Junior Hillary Otte. She fucks throats. I don't care if it's censored or if I lose rep points. My name is Firehose and, word and balls unbroken, Hillary Otte hits like the fist of an angry god. If our volleyball team were Norse gods, Hillary would be Odin. You might say, Firehose, why not Thor, you know, the one with the Hammer?

I'll fucking tell you why. Because Odin is the god of fucking violence. He kills shit with his spear and can't eat or drink anything other than mead. The only thing that can kill Odin? A giant fucking wolf that ended the fucking world anyway. He's goddamn unstoppable. That's Hillary Fucking Otte. She takes the spear on her right arm and leaves women deflowered and bleeding on the court, oftentimes with "POINT X!" ringing in their ears. If there is one word that defines Hillary Otte, it is cocksure, which for obvious reasons is ironic, but what she is sure of is the approximate size of a baby's arm holding an apple.

Hillary Otte is a spirit of Hate and Vengeance wearing Blue and White. She is the daughter of Chuck Norris and Mr. T, also claiming descent from Otto Von Bismarck and Prince. Hillary Otte is everything that is good and pure about Xavier athletics, which is to say that she's a being comprised of pure Dayton-hate.

And she's ridiculously hot. Like, cash-in-your-mother's-life-insurance-to-take-her-to-dinner hot. Barroom brawl with Kenny Frease, Jason Love, and CJ Anderson hot.

As far as the sophomores, only Claire "Puff-Puff" Paszkiewicz got significant playing time last year, so I reserve judgement, and obviously the freshmen are a mystery to me.

cinskyline
09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Am I to take it that you're a Hillary Otte fan? ;)

Seriously though, thanks for the information about the team. I hope to be able to get to a couple games this year. Floyd really does a great job year after year.

xavierdude
09-02-2008, 10:16 PM
dang dude.

Hair Club President
09-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks Firehose...I feel like I really learned something today

The Artist
09-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Firehose,

Why not Thor? - you know, the one with the Hammer?

Oh, nevermind, I see now.

XU-PA
09-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Awesome Firehose!!

Watching the XU women play 5 years ago when they had a pretty good year, I learned that though basketball is a very athletic sport, Volleyball is impossible to play for mere mortals like myself. It's absolutely amazing to watch a Xavier match. Those women literally bounce off the Cintas floor to rebound after a diving save, truly amazing.

And Firehose, Hillary picked up the first of what should be many A-10 POW yesterday.

Bigbluebrotha
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
That's one great Otte endorsement! Does she want to play basketball or at worst be the psychological coach, the squad can use a lot of that!

XU-PA
09-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Dropped a tough match to Western KY in the Cintas opener. A loss in 4 tight matches.
2 straight losses not great for the 4-2 Musketeers. BUT,,,,, the losses come to teams who were undefeated coming in, so temper the low feelings with some XU pride. Coach Floyd has given the ladies a tough season on their plate, and you get better by playing good teams, not by washing over a bunch of patsies.
Good luck on the road!!!