PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Nashville

BBC 08
08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
I recieved a job offer today from a PR agency in Nashville called Dye, Von Mal and Lawrence. I plan on taking it after I talk with my parents about things financially but I was curious if anyone on here knew one that needed a roommate or the best way to look for an apartment in Nashville.

Also, any information one has on Nashville that they would like to share, would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

ATL Muskie
08-27-2008, 08:46 PM
I recieved a job offer today from a PR agency in Nashville called Dye, Von Mal and Lawrence. I plan on taking it after I talk with my parents about things financially but I was curious if anyone on here knew one that needed a roommate or the best way to look for an apartment in Nashville.

Also, any information one has on Nashville that they would like to share, would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Very familiar with DVM&L from my time as a journalist and communications director in Nashville. Don't know how they are these days, but when I was there (95-2000) they were well-respected. I had good experiences with them.

Nashville's one of my favorite cities. Can't help you with the roomie situation but I would suggest checking around Vandy and seeing if you can get a place with a grad student or something. Also, X has a good Nashville alumni chapter. Do some networking through that avenue.

Good luck and congrats. Nashville's a fun town and it's not all country music. You'll enjoy it there.

BTW, Nashville is absolutely full of apts but I would try finding a house to rent if you can. You can get some good ones for about as much as an apt. I did both while there and I always enjoyed renting houses over apts.

nuts4xu
08-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Can't help you either with a roomate, but I am a big fan of Nashvegas. Nice smallish town with a big time feel in certain parts. I haven't heard a bad thing about that town either.

Good luck young grasshopper. I am sure you will do well.

XU05and07
08-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Jeff, did you talk to Biggie yet? He's still in Nashville

Firehose
08-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Jeff, did you talk to Biggie yet? He's still in Nashville

Seconded - Shoot Biggie a message. He would at the very least know a few places that are economical. Also, as far as I know, Alex Makowski and Nick Yared are still down in Nashville, so there's two more guys you could hit up for info.

wkrq59
08-27-2008, 11:38 PM
My daughter lives in the Hermitage section of Nashville (Davidson County, 10 minutes from BNA airport and about 20-25 minutes on I-40-East east of downtown. Depending on where that agency is, there are a slew of apartments in that area along Bell Road between the Percy Priest Dam and New Hope Road to the east.
ATL and the others are right, there is more to Nashville than country music. near that Bell Road-Hermitage area there are numerous strip malls along Lebanon Road, Old Hickory Blvd., and there are plenty of restaurants and more than a few bars.
Downtown near Vandy there is a ton of entertainment and eating, as well as hospitals, and plenty of apartments and condos.
Out there in Hermitage you're a short drive on Briley Parkway from Opry Land, Opry Land Hotel and Opry Mills Mall-Center.
And that's just one small segment of one of the nicest cities in the nation and believe me when I say I've seen a few.
Have fun and enjoy.:D

bourbonman
08-28-2008, 06:58 AM
a PR agency in Nashville called Dye, Von Mal and Lawrence.

08, DVML is the PR agency for one of our major international brands. Great firm. Nashville is a great city, if you can tolerate the infrastructure being improved while they try to catch up with the explosion of growth they've experienced. Good luck!

Smails
08-28-2008, 07:13 AM
Great move for a young buck BBC! I'ver been to Nashville on several occasions for work and debauchery. Great entertainment districts and coming from a guy who dislikes country music, the 'live' country music in the bars is great. Not a ton of cheezballs and some very fine tail. I have never had a bad time in that city. Maybe I was drunk, but it just seemed that people were generally in a good mood down there all the time. Bonus: Cakewalk of a drive back for XU games...

BlueGuy
08-28-2008, 07:27 AM
...Not a ton of cheezballs and some very fine tail. I have never had a bad time in that city. Maybe I was drunk...

That was going to be my contribution to this thread, but you beat me to it. Enjoy the women, and try not to drink to much. I feel like I'm in Vegas when I'm walking down that main drag downtown. Good move.

Masterofreality
08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Go Father Ryan High School!!!

My alma mater!!!

DON'T live in Donelson. Too many hicks. Like Q said, Hermitage is nice, but for a young guy I'd look at the west end around Vandy.

xu95
08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
If Homeskillet is still alive he might need a roomate.

xu95

ATL Muskie
08-28-2008, 08:19 AM
If Homeskillet is still alive he might need a roomate.

xu95

You mean cellmate?

ATL Muskie
08-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Go Father Ryan High School!!!

My alma mater!!!

DON'T live in Donelson. Too many hicks. Like Q said, Hermitage is nice, but for a young guy I'd look at the west end around Vandy.

I lived in West End/Hillsboro for a few years. It can be expensive out there, that's the main problem. Bellevue is not bad, and the drive from there is easier than in most areas. They've really fixd up the east side of town too.

DC Muskie
08-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Congrats BBC! I'm a big fan of country music, but the Hall of Fame there sucks.

Emp
08-28-2008, 11:04 AM
There were 1352 guitar pickers in Nashville, but I'm sure the number has gone up since the 60s. This from a random poll taken by John Sebastian.

BiggieXU
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I 3rd the Smails and BlueGuy posts.

Don't live in Hermitage either, my girlfriend lives by Percy Priest off Bell Rd. and it's 15 minutes minimum drive but usually 30 to Vandy in the mornings, a little more to downtown.

But call me tomorrow when you're in town, Jeff.

xu95
08-28-2008, 11:23 AM
You mean cellmate?

Rep points for you my friend.

xu95

Jumpy
08-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Is it Cincinnati? No? Then it's trash.

Just kidding. I've never been to Nashville. I've heard great things, but I've never had reason to go. I also want to visit Memphis at some point in my life.

As sad as it is, the only place I've spent more than five minutes in TN is Gatlinburg.