PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in the Taste of Blue Ash

pickledpigsfeet
08-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Fred mentioned it in another thread so I thought I would start a thread about it to see what everyone else thought who went.

I went to taste of Blue Ash and I was really disappointed by the food and the people. There were 14 food booths according to their layout online before the weekend and when we got there, 3 of them were catering places, one was a hotel restaurant (Double Tree), and there was Qdoba.

Great advertising for the catering places but even if I thought their food was great, I can't go eat there.

I also hate when non-local chain places have a booth at things like this, and Qdoba fit that bill. Its like when McDonalds has a booth at Taste of Chicago.

And I love Andy's, who had a booth and his hooka, but its pretty far away from Blue Ash.

Parker's didn't have their signature dynamite sticks and there were a lot of places that just chose not to attend.

The crowd wasn't what it used to be either. By the time we were leaving I was looking for signs pointing to the bike rally. There were several groups of middle aged women who looked like they've been ridden hard and put away wet. I couldn't tell the carnival workers from half the people attending the thing.

It used to be such a good event but has really gone down hill the past few years.

The only good parts about it were seeing my daughter riding rides and hearing that innocent kid laugh and the drunk teenage guy in the banana suit who kept riding the little kid rides.

Tardy Turtle
08-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Agreed. Blue Ash tastes like crap.

xu2006
08-26-2008, 08:47 AM
I think they should ban chairs at the event or standardize seating. There was basically no way to navigate once every Earl and Margaret in the tristate plopped their lawn chairs all over the place.

The food was so-so at best. I definitely agree that there should be more "local" options.

I think attendance at Taste has grown too much for its current location.

Kahns Krazy
08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I've never been to TOBA, but if it's anything like what has happened to Taste of Cincinnati, the booths have become too expensive for local independents to participate. I still enjoy Taste, I just wish they'd stop with the notion that it's a local food festival. A chain has won best overall dish 2 years in a row.

XU05and07
08-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I've never been to TOBA, but if it's anything like what has happened to Taste of Cincinnati, the booths have become too expensive for local independents to participate. I still enjoy Taste, I just wish they'd stop with the notion that it's a local food festival. A chain has won best overall dish 2 years in a row.

I didn't go to Taste of Blue Ash for that exact reason...I was disappointed in Taste of Cincinnati so I wasn't going to get disappointed by this one.

The only reason to go would have been to see Eddie Money

Kahns Krazy
08-26-2008, 11:22 AM
For those interested in sampling some of the area's better independent cuisine, the GCIndependents is sponsoring another "restaurant week".

http://www.gcindependents.com/