PDA

View Full Version : Ch ch ch chinese cheaters

xavierdude
08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Why would they think a girl that looks 12 would pass as a 16 year old? Do they have any brains at all?

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/IOC-orders-investigation-into-He-Kexin-s-age?urn=oly,102564

From cheating the opening ceremony fireworks, to making the cute girl lip sync in place of the ugly girl, and now the obvious debacle we have here. I was rooting for you china; but you BLEW it!

nuts4xu
08-21-2008, 06:23 PM
This whole thing was bound to get messed up. The Chinese suck.

Stonebreaker
08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Our gymnasts don't look as young, so the guys who watch it don't have to feel too pervy.

boozehound
08-21-2008, 07:15 PM
The Chinese are not used to the concept of a free press. As a result they believe that they can just deny anything and it will go away. Hopefully that won't be the case here, but I really doubt that the IOC will push the issue.

coasterville95
08-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Imagine what will happen if the IOC declares them ineligible and has to redistribute all those meals, have new medal ceremonies like they did for the Salt Lake figure skating scandal and all that.

Now, imagine China sitting back and letting them do that on Chinese soil.

Nope,I don't see it happening either...

XU05and07
08-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Imagine what will happen if the IOC declares them ineligible and has to redistribute all those meals, have new medal ceremonies like they did for the Salt Lake figure skating scandal and all that.

Now, imagine China sitting back and letting them do that on Chinese soil.

Nope,I don't see it happening either...

They would probably not do the ceremonies...just send them via FedEx...maybe DHL to help with the struggling company

boozehound
08-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I am just schocked that the IOC let them compete with multiple birth certificates anyways, which several of the gymnasts had.

Juice
08-21-2008, 09:10 PM
If you want some good evidence that they cheated, not that anyone needs more, here is a blog that has figured a lot out:

http://strydehax.blogspot.com/2008/08/hack-olympics.html

Stonebreaker
08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Those dudes act as though they discovered the watergate break-in. Well done.

drudy23
08-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Apparently, the "investigation" by the IOC took a couple of hours....not guilty. Shocking.

xavierdude
08-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Apparently, the "investigation" by the IOC took a couple of hours....not guilty. Shocking.

I'm confused. I'm still reading reports that they're investigating it.

coasterville95
08-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Yup, per nbcolympics.com the IOC reviewed the case on Friday and found the China not guilty of cheating. The article inferred that yes, there are lingering doubts, but there is no hard evidence. The IOC says we should move on, despite just about everybody knowing exactly what happened.

So be it, that way we can always recall these games as the Best Olympics China ould buy! Of China's 45 some odd gold medals at least half of those seem to come from sports that are subjectively judged. Coincidence?

Look out, Rythmic Gymnastics just started, here will come another surge in medals.

My favorite Gymnastics moment so far:

Gymnist A performs a near flawless routine
Commentator: "That was nearly a perfect routine, I can't find fault in it"
Judges: 15.25
Gymnist B performs a disaster of a routine
Commentator: "That was just fundamentally poor, and here are the reasons..."
Judges: 15.75

Juice
08-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Yup, per nbcolympics.com the IOC reviewed the case on Friday and found the China not guilty of cheating. The article inferred that yes, there are lingering doubts, but there is no hard evidence. The IOC says we should move on, despite just about everybody knowing exactly what happened.

So be it, that way we can always recall these games as the Best Olympics China ould buy! Of China's 45 some odd gold medals at least half of those seem to come from sports that are subjectively judged. Coincidence?

Look out, Rythmic Gymnastics just started, here will come another surge in medals.

My favorite Gymnastics moment so far:

Gymnist A performs a near flawless routine
Commentator: "That was nearly a perfect routine, I can't find fault in it"
Judges: 15.25
Gymnist B performs a disaster of a routine
Commentator: "That was just fundamentally poor, and here are the reasons..."
Judges: 15.75

Good call on that. It was probably obvious to the Chinese government that the they could affect the results in these type of events, targeted those sports, and devoted a lot of time and resources towards athletes so they could win the events.

Gymnastics is the figure skating of the summer Olympics. Its a bootleg sport.

coasterville95
08-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Well, the investigation seems to be on-again/off-again, not that i exepct anything to come of it.

We have Rogge in one corner in good-ole-boy mode going "Well, these here passports and other documents say they are 16"

Then we have the international media holding his feet to the fire saying "Duh, tell us something we didn't already know, the whole point is there is evidence the documents have been doctored"

Again, I think this is going to be a case where everybody knows what happened, but no one in power has the intestinal fortitude to do anything about it. "Not fooling anybody" Rogge and the IOC strive to be politically correct as their whole livelihood is a world of diplomacy at keeping 200+ nations happy enough to come together every 2 years, otherwise he'd be out of a job. On the other hand the media are challenging the IOC's credibility and integrity if they let this one slide.

Somewhere in the end I expect a politically correct resolution like "Yes, there is reason to beleive some athletes didn't meet the eligiblity requirements, however not enough proof to alter the results., but we'll give China a slap on the wrist and tell them don't do it again"

Speaking of diplomacy, last night during the closing the commentators were waxing poetic about how for 2 weeks the world comes togehter as one and all that. Shall we go to the Russian and Georgian delegations and ask their opinions on that point,