PDA

View Full Version : New Season and New Basketball Court

Muskie
08-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Which do you prefer?

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj89/xhoops/newvsold.jpg

We've already starting taking a look at the new Court here (http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5306).

Firehose
08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
I spoke with Michael Riesenbeck, Arena Events & Guest Services Coordinator at Cintas. He told me that the change was strictly for TV. When the camera pans on either end of the court, they're only getting VI, AVIE at best. With the letters closer together, there will be more name recognition associated with Xavier University and Xavier Basketball. You'd think it would be obvious, but sometimes these things need to be spelled out.

"Yeah, that awesome arena with the people jumping all over the place and the guy that dunks from half court... Oh yeah... VI! Virginia International, here I come!"

MADXSTER
08-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Once again, makes a lot of sense. Didn't even think about that.

Damn hose, you have a lot of connections.

Firehose
08-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Once again, makes a lot of sense. Didn't even think about that.

Damn hose, you have a lot of connections.

It's absolutely amazing the sort of access you get when you interact with people. I met Michael and Jim Tracey just by going to volleyball games. I was a regular and we'd talk. I somehow wound up brazen enough to walk into Jim Tracey's office just to hang out, and from there, it was history. The Cintas Center staff loved me at volleyball games - they'd sit over in 116 and just listen and laugh at the crazy $hit coming out of the student section.

If you ever get the chance, I'd strongly encourage everyone to attend a few volleyball games. Our girls are very good and well-coached, and at bigger games (Dayton and ESPECIALLY Rhode Island), the student section is crazy as hell.

Ninerballin
09-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Your new court looks weak compared to the old one.. took too much of the color out.

We've got a new court too btw, it's black :), but it looks awesome.

X-band '01
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Reminds me a lot of Indiana's court setup; I just hope our guys don't commit too many turnovers along the sidelines and baselines because of the lack of color now.

On the other hand, imagine if it might throw off the opponents just a bit.