PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Ryder Cup

BBC 08
08-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Just got back from picking up my official Ryder Cup volunteer package which included a nice polo, pants, jacket and hat. Being a volunteer gets me access to the grounds for the week as well as 8 free bottles of water and 3 free meals. Woohoo! Thought this would make all the golf nuts on hear jealous.

DAllen15
08-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Just assume there's a collective "we hate you" from all of us who wish we were there.

nuts4xu
08-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Do they need any more volunteers? Sounds like a great way to get on the course for the tourney. I have had a hell of a time finding any tickets. I am just not willing to spend big bucks to gain entrance.

BBC 08
08-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Sorry nuts but they are all good on volunteers. My dad and I applied last summer and have known about being a volunteer for about a year now. But you are right, being a volunteer is a lot better than trying to get passes.

MADXSTER
08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
BBC, just a note that I'm also part of the collective.

Smails
08-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Just got back from picking up my official Ryder Cup volunteer package which included a nice polo, pants, jacket and hat. Being a volunteer gets me access to the grounds for the week as well as 8 free bottles of water and 3 free meals. Woohoo! Thought this would make all the golf nuts on hear jealous.

I will be there for the practice round on Wednesday...yes I love golf so much that I'm driving to Louisville to watch guys practice. Now that I got that off my chest. BBC as a fellow muskie lover, I hope you understand that's it's your DUTY to get me and my brother in law access to all courtesy tents.

XU05and07
08-18-2008, 10:09 AM
As a volunteer, what are your responsibilities?

BBC 08
08-18-2008, 10:44 AM
I have 4 shifts as a volunteer, my first shift I will be in charge of traffic control in one of the merchandise tents while the other 3 shift I will be working at a check tent which where patrons who have bought stuff can check them into these tents so they don't have to carry them while they are out enjoying the tournament.

Smails, I will do my best to get you into the International Pavilion though I can't promise you anything.

Madxster, what will you be doing as a volunteer?

MADXSTER
08-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Madxster, what will you be doing as a volunteer?

As far as the Ryder Cup goes, I will be doing my best to hate you and Smails as much as I can since I will not be in attendance.

This sign is at the entrance of Smails driveway. His wife ignored it though.
http://sandiegopreviews.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/125/files/2008/01/golfers-only-sign.jpg

Smails
08-18-2008, 01:33 PM
As far as the Ryder Cup goes, I will be doing my best to hate you and Smails as much as I can since I will not be in attendance.

This sign is at the entrance of Smails driveway. His wife ignored it though.
http://sandiegopreviews.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/125/files/2008/01/golfers-only-sign.jpg

How would you like to come over and mow my lawn? I'm sure a college bouind fella like you could use a little extra money. And after you mow the lawn...why don't you stop by the yacht club....mmm...mmm