PDA

View Full Version : Verbal Thrashing Fight to the Death

MADXSTER
08-13-2008, 11:08 PM
In a verbal thrashing fight to the death who wins?

American X
08-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Snipe can dig in like the seige of Stalingrad and cut & paste and link until all assailants fall back, starve, or freeze.

DC Muskie
08-14-2008, 07:20 AM
There's no way to compete with a guy who can type coherently while drunk at all hours of the night about whatever and whenever.

I have a hard time typing coherently while sober, during the day.

And why are nuts/vee a tag team? That's a little freaky.

Raoul Duke
08-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Snipe is good, but he's only at his best when Gary's around.

nuts4xu
08-14-2008, 09:36 AM
And why are nuts/vee a tag team? That's a little freaky.

We have the same last name. If your last name was DC Muskie4xu you could be on our team too.

vee4xu
08-14-2008, 07:30 PM
We have the same last name. If your last name was DC Muskie4xu you could be on our team too.

Bring on all comers baby. Nuts and Vee are ready to rock and be the last ones standing.

Smails
08-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Great topic. My take is:

GuyFawkes- Totally outclassed given the company

Nuts/Vee- Vee is too kind hearted (although banging on Tressel can rile him up) and nuts is too blazed too often (not that its a bad thing) to get REAL nasty.

Thor- Strong on UD, cycling and public service but I've heard him admit that he's wrong on occasion which takes him out of the running.

MOR- Strong when tooting his own horn (golf scores, LHS accomplishemnts and ND hating) and definitely has the venom to compete with my top 2...a strong third

Snipe/DC- 1a and 1b. Never been assaulted by Snipe and don't want to. Been hammered by DC plenty and it's always a good time. DC is by far the best spinner of his own arguments, Snipe is by far the best spinner of researched data...plus the whole drunk posting thing can be a work or art at times. I have to go with Snipe for a couple reasons. 1) I read "Free to Choose" based on his musings 2) DC wants to tap my sister

vee4xu
08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I'll take kind hearted, though I can tell you it has been a long road to make it this far and very hard to maintain it day-to-day. When I fall off the wagon, it ain't pretty. Fortunately, it doesn't happen too often. I will say that I have no problem defending myself or others when the situation warrants it.

DC Muskie
08-16-2008, 09:22 AM

Oh right. Not sure how I missed that.

DC Muskie
08-16-2008, 09:25 AM
DC is by far the best spinner of his own arguments...

True, no one can spin my arguments better then me. Plus I don't have time to look shit up.

DC wants to tap my sister

Also, very true. Really, really true. Couldn't be more true. Yes, I have to agree this is very true. Absolutely nothing to disagree about here. Like I said, I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.

JAPER
08-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Why is the poll closed? My vote is for DC Muskie.

We'll miss you tonight...your DC softball team yearns for you...

MADXSTER
08-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I have always set the "fight to the death" threads to only 2 days.

I voted for MOR but my first instinct was to vote for DC. I have been on the receiving end of his verbal thrashing and I can tell you it wasn't pretty. Completely took me out of my comfort zone. In fact, now that I think about it, it's worth a rep.

DC Muskie
08-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Does this mean I'm voted off the board?

Maybe I should have voted for myself, just so I could beat Guy.

XUglow
08-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Does this mean I'm voted off the board?

Maybe I should have voted for myself, just so I could beat Guy.

DC, you vs. Guy would be no contest, so go ahead and give yourself the W.

DC Muskie
08-18-2008, 11:59 AM
DC, you vs. Guy would be no contest, so go ahead and give yourself the W.

Nice! I win! I win! Fifth place, right? I win fifth place?

I'm like Dayton of this thread. I'm excited I beat LaSalle.

Smails
08-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Well, I had you at #2...and as we all know, that's the only opinion that really matters.

XUglow
08-18-2008, 02:22 PM

Slow down, chief. We all agree that you beat the St. Bonaventure of posting, but let's not leap from there to 5th place.

DC Muskie
08-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Well, I had you at #2...and as we all know, that's the only opinion that really matters.

That is true. I think Smails vote counts for triple.

Snipe
08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
WOO HOO!

I just realized that I won something.

And Smails my good man, Free To Choose is quality. Glad you liked it.

Snipe
08-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Snipe is good, but he's only at his best when Gary's around.

Ha! Haven't thought about that old fart in awhile. I guess he doesn't have much to complain about these days.

vee4xu
08-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Ha! Haven't thought about that old fart in awhile. I guess he doesn't have much to complain about these days.

I heard he misses you!

:)

Fred Garvin
08-18-2008, 10:58 PM
WOO HOO!

I just realized that I won something.

And Smails my good man, Free To Choose is quality. Glad you liked it.

Free to Choose. Who told you about that book? I'm sure Friedman would be proud that you now recommend a "massive economic Marshall Plan."
You really are an idiot.

Snipe
08-19-2008, 10:49 PM
My Marshall Plan for America would entail building loads of nuclear reactors and updating our energy infrastructure.

I still stand by that.

Fred Garvin
08-19-2008, 11:27 PM
My Marshall Plan for America would entail building loads of nuclear reactors and updating our energy infrastructure.

I still stand by that.

Stand by it all ya want. How ya gonna pay for it? Raise taxes? I sense a contradiction coming.

I also remember Snipe espousing the very UnFriedmanesque idea of bailing out his Delta stock post 9/11. Delta didn't have any problem taking profits when times were good. I guses we should bail out Snipe because he invested in an industry with notoriously thin operating margins.

PM Thor
08-20-2008, 01:23 AM
What the Fuck? Closed already?

I wouldn't vote for myself anyway. I would vote for Snipe, simply because I am not the self agrandizing, self centered, holier than thou poster that Snipe is.

This isn't a bad thing Snipe. It means you can always bring the high road in smack, even when wrong. I can appreciate that angle. Even at 220 AM on a Tuesday, with 3/4 of a bottle of rum in my gullet.

Snipe
08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
You can't hold a candle to me Thor and both of us know it.

PM Thor
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Who would want to hold a candle to you? That's asking for a gigantic explosion considering the huge amount of gasses emanating from you.

Ha! Just made that up.