PDA

View Full Version : Bungles talk to Henry's agent

xubball93
08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
If the Bungles take this punk-ass back, they will be no better than Thuggins' UC teams.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080813/SPT02/308130059&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

PM Thor
08-13-2008, 06:06 PM
God please tell me this is a sick joke. The Bengals have a full stable of WR right now anyway, why even waste time on this idiot?

boozehound
08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
You have got to be kidding me. How many times are we going to let this guy kick us in the nuts?

XU 87
08-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Just another reason why the Bengals have had one winning season since 1990. What an inept organization.

nuts4xu
08-13-2008, 06:29 PM
This is a sign they aren't enamoured with this year's draft picks, nor are they thrilled with the prospect of having Marcus Maxwell, Antonio Chapman, Glenn Holt or any of the other veterans as the 3rd receiver.

Why not wait until some cuts are made before you address this situation? There are bound to be a few capable WR's to pick from that HAVEN'T been arrested 6 times in the past 3 years (or whatever it is for Henry).

xeus
08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
This is just his douchebag agent talking - he's full of crap. "Conversations" - whatever Frazier. Relax everyone - the Bengals are NOT going to re-sign Chris Henry.

Juice
08-13-2008, 06:39 PM
The guy is suspended for the first 4 games and I do think they are seriously thinking about it. The Bengals have not denied it, they have just said that they will not speak on potential signings, which sounds like "yeah, we are talking to him."

I also find it hilarious that the Bengals anounced their new fan code of conduct the day it is reported that they are talking to Henry. The NFL is now the leader in hypocrisy. Their players get arrested more than any other sport but they are the ones cracking down on fans conduct.

nuts4xu
08-13-2008, 07:28 PM
The guy is suspended for the first 4 games and I do think they are seriously thinking about it. The Bengals have not denied it, they have just said that they will not speak on potential signings, which sounds like "yeah, we are talking to him."

The last time I heard anyone ask Marvin Lewis if he was interested, he replied "He (Henry) will not be back. We are moving forward with the guys we have here". He has sent mixed messages before, but my guess is this story is probably the work of Henry's agent making other teams think there is interest in his client.

Either that, or Mike Brown is half interested and Marvin is not. Mike Brown is still the GM and has been known to want to give guys more than a second chance (see Reggie Rembert, etc).

Juice
08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
The last time I heard anyone ask Marvin Lewis if he was interested, he replied "He (Henry) will not be back. We are moving forward with the guys we have here". He has sent mixed messages before, but my guess is this story is probably the work of Henry's agent making other teams think there is interest in his client.

Either that, or Mike Brown is half interested and Marvin is not. Mike Brown is still the GM and has been known to want to give guys more than a second chance (see Reggie Rembert, etc).

From bengals spokesman Jack Brennan re: Chris Henry: "As policy, we don't discuss speculated player moves."

Firehose
08-14-2008, 10:47 AM
As a Raiders fan, I would say that I'd be happy to take him for a year. Our receiver pool, among other things, is really sub-par. Hell, I'd be thrilled to take Odell too. Throw him at strongside and just bring back the late 70s mentality of "we're the ****ing Raiders and we're going to **** your wives after we leave." I'd be thrilled to offer anyone a year-long deal if it gets us a .500 season.

xeus
08-18-2008, 08:43 PM
This is just his douchebag agent talking - he's full of crap. "Conversations" - whatever Frazier. Relax everyone - the Bengals are NOT going to re-sign Chris Henry.

I just heard that I could be very wrong about the Bengals not re-signing Henry. We may see something soon.

Unbelievable if true.

XU 87
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
ESPN is reporting that Henry is flying in will sign a contract with the Bengals tomorrow. Once again, the Bengals show why they are the worst organization in professional sports, except for perhaps the Clippers.

After signing Henry, Mike Brown is probably figuring out some way to bring back Odell Thurman. I feel bad for Carson Palmer. He has hall of fame talent and he is stuck with this inept organization that doesn't give a damn about winning.

xeus
08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
ESPN story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3541693)

Juice
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
I really do not know what to say. Because saying something would mean that I still care about the direction of this franchise, I have given up.

XU 87
08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Once again, Mike Brown tells the fans, the players, and the coaching staf that they can all go to hell. Mike runs the show.

Have fun this year season ticket holders. And don't forget, Henry will be back for the fifth game of the season.

Stonebreaker
08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't blame the Bengals. Hell, the Cowboys are taking every criminal they can get. It's either the Bengals or some other team, so why not them. What do they have to lose.......reputation? It's not getting any worse, and the jokes will come regardless.
Either way, Henry can only burn Cincy one more time, so what the hey. I woulda cut/traded him long ago, but...then again, I woulda done the same to Odell and the McNeal (??)

Fred Garvin
08-18-2008, 10:16 PM

Another great call from Xeus.

xavierdude
08-18-2008, 10:28 PM
It's on the front page of the bengals website too!

Fred Garvin
08-18-2008, 10:38 PM
I can't wait for his return to Game Day!

BENWAR
08-18-2008, 10:54 PM
I can't wait for his return to Game Day!

Next time I will not be so nice.

You can count on that.

Muskie
08-19-2008, 06:00 AM
Well played Mike Brown... well played.

Why release him at all? Will the NFL slap the bengals with the loss of a draft pick or two now? It seems to me that it's feasible since they released him and then picked him back up?

boozehound
08-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Once again, Mike Brown tells the fans, the players, and the coaching staf that they can all go to hell. Mike runs the show.

Have fun this year season ticket holders. And don't forget, Henry will be back for the fifth game of the season.

...and suspended again by the sixth.

I don't care how much talent the guy has, you can't depend on him in any way, and that is the end of it.

Jumpy
08-19-2008, 06:34 AM
I don't blame the Bengals. Hell, the Cowboys are taking every criminal they can get. It's either the Bengals or some other team, so why not them. What do they have to lose.......reputation? It's not getting any worse, and the jokes will come regardless.
Either way, Henry can only burn Cincy one more time, so what the hey. I woulda cut/traded him long ago, but...then again, I woulda done the same to Odell and the McNeal (??)

This quote most closely resembles how I feel, hence the quotation for laziness.

Part of me, though, wishes we were simply done with him. He can't be counted on as a long term solution, just as a stop gap until the rookies are ready. So, considering the suspension, the amount of help he actually brings to the team is limited. Is his presence really that valuable that they are willing to open these recently closed wounds to the team's image?

NFL teams can't worry about image over winning, but it has to be consiedered to some degree.

No need to feel sorry for Carson, 87. He loves Chris Henry and although I can't speak first hand, I'm sure he's at least guardedly excited about having him back.

PM Thor
08-19-2008, 06:51 AM
I really do not know what to say. Because saying something would mean that I still care about the direction of this franchise, I have given up.

Me too. I'm done. I am going to go to the games and have fun tailgating, but this is it for me. I will buy my season tickets, and sell them off next year, simply because I don't want to have someone new have to pay that seat license.

It is one thing to try to win games, but you have to have limits somewhere....
and to top it off, even with this type of criminal on the team, the Bengals STILL CAN"T WIN.