PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Death Fight to the Death

MADXSTER
08-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Let your voices be heard...

GuyFawkes38
08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Am I really going to quote myself?

Yes, I am. it's kind of narcissistic. But I think I just posted the quote below on a dead thread.

My sympathies go to the teachers:

I'm increasingly sympathetic to public school teachers. Critics claim that per hour, public school teachers make more than lawyers and accountants. That might be true. But it is also true that teachers can't make the big bucks during summer (I remember several of my grade school and high school teachers working as waiters).

Most non-teachers under the age of 30-35 are able to experiment more with their work. They are able to move around, try different jobs, go to graduate school, etc... The important thing is to position yourself for the big checks that one gets between the ages of 35-60.

But the world of teachers is much more constrictive. Your pay check is always in doubt. And you must build up seniority in the same school district for many years to make a livable wage.

The NRA does have guns. So they will likely win. But I hope the teachers unions pull it off.

xu95
08-09-2008, 08:56 AM

Yes, I am. it's kind of narcissistic. But I think I just posted the quote below on a dead thread.

My sympathies go to the teachers:

The NRA does have guns. So they will likely win. But I hope the teachers unions pull it off.

the teachers union is quite possibly the worst thing that ever happened to our education system.

xu95

XU05and07
08-09-2008, 07:07 PM

I had a substitute teacher in grade school that was pretty good at throwing a stapler...no joke

mlcspinner
08-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I thought we had crazy topics at GH :D:p

Kahns Krazy
08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Some kids probably deserved that.

I slept with my substitute teacher. Wow. Did that really just come out.

I think it's admirable that your mother chose a career educating the country's future, but keep your family weirdness to yourself.

MADXSTER
08-12-2008, 02:13 PM
I think it's admirable that your mother chose a career educating the country's future, but keep your family weirdness to yourself.

Actually he was home schooled by his mom. The substitute teacher was his Dad.

nuts4xu
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
No child left behind sucks!!

Fred Garvin
08-13-2008, 12:41 AM

Yes, I am. it's kind of narcissistic.

You sound like John Edwards.

MADXSTER
08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
So the NRA is moving onto the second round.