PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else fear...

Xman95
08-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Does anyone else fear that our '09 recruiting class is shaping up to be far less than what we expected? Many were hopeful that we could land Stewart and Parrom, but the most recent news on both is anything but positive. Sure, neither has said Xavier is out, but it's not looking good. It seems Stewart might be leaning toward Oregon, while Parrom is taking an unofficial visit to St. John's, where it's being rumored he may attend to play with Lawrence. Again, X isn't out of the race with Stewart or Parrom, but I don't think it looks too good right now.

kyxu
08-06-2008, 10:00 PM
If you go over to Brian Snow's board on musketeerscoop, you'll definitely see people sharing those fears. I'll admit, I'm uneasy about it. Not losing sleep, but a little concerned.

waggy
08-06-2008, 10:09 PM
There's at least one Dayton fan posting there that gets off on feeding into that BS. Sean and staff are doing a great job, and I'll only feel bad for them if their hard work goes unrewarded.

GuyFawkes38
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
I casually visit a few ACC and Big Ten bball boards. And I notice that they stress out much more about recruiting (much more than the X boards).

I think it's rational. For those teams competing for top 10 athletes, a signing could be crucial to future success.

But lets be honest. For the teams competing outside of the top 25 players, recruiting matters a lot less. Recruiting services are much less successful at grading players outside of the top 25. And coaching matters much more outside of the top 25 recruits (and Miller is a great coach).

So I'm not stressed at all.

(and didn't Florida win back to back championships on relatively poor recruiting classes).

MADXSTER
08-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Maybe it's just a mental thing but I look at Holloway and Crawford as part of the recruiting that has taken place this past spring/summer just as much as Stewart and Parrom. Acquiring Holloway and Crawford make me very feel very positive and aleviates many concerns if we do not get Parrom or Stewart.

Arnold Horshack
08-06-2008, 11:35 PM
When your team has national level recruiting, you don't need to sweat this stuff.

waggy
08-07-2008, 12:12 AM
If results on the court equate to "national level" recruiting, then I'd agree. Mostly recruiting however is a bunch hype and horseshit - the perfect environs for internet mouth-runners.

Miller'sTale
08-07-2008, 06:41 AM
I'd love to get either of these guys, but missing out on one or both wouldn't be the end of the world. This team is very heavy on young guys and the reality is that a player in the '09 class would have to fight awful hard for a starting spot or significant minutes during their first year. If we don't get either of them, I think we'd have a pretty great sell of '10 in that there is more potential for starting spots available.

A10fan
08-07-2008, 07:03 AM
I'd love to get either of these guys, but missing out on one or both wouldn't be the end of the world. This team is very heavy on young guys and the reality is that a player in the '09 class would have to fight awful hard for a starting spot or significant minutes during their first year. If we don't get either of them, I think we'd have a pretty great sell of '10 in that there is more potential for starting spots available.

Love,Graves and maybe Brown would be the only ones graduating in '10. I would think that '09 is a perfect time for a SF to commit. With CJ and BJ both gone next year and probably Brown, the opportunity isn't gonna get any better for '10.

DC Muskie
08-07-2008, 07:10 AM
We were sweating the same thing when Duke Crews and that other kid didn't come here.

Until we start sliding down on the victories, I won't be concerned about recruiting.

kyxu
08-07-2008, 07:43 AM
We were sweating the same thing when Duke Crews and that other kid didn't come here.

Nice touch :)

xu95
08-07-2008, 07:54 AM

Until we start sliding down on the victories, I won't be concerned about recruiting.

I'm with DC on this one. I think some of our fans have the mentality that we are Duke or North Carolina and that a player should be spooging in his pants to come to Xavier.

We will get good players. I am not losing sleep over the recruiting season.

I still think we are the team to beat on Stewart. Parrom would already be a Musketeer if it wasn't for his dad. There are some things you just can't win at.

xu95

xufan02
08-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Justin Young who is a national recruiting guru with Rival.com, who is from Georgia, said he believes Xavier is the leader. At this point in Ari's recruitment that is all we can ask for.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&tid=116192806&mid=116192806&sid=910&style=2

Here is the link, you need a rivals membership. He posted it on Monday.