PDA

View Full Version : Kyryl Natyazhko

Pete Delkus
08-02-2008, 09:07 PM
This Guy seems to have 3 teams on his radar before Orlando (X, Miami and Baylor). However, it looks like he could have some others calling after looking good down there. The last blurb has some real good points, but I can't agree with the last sentence.

Kyryl Natyazhko, 6-10 post, 2009: I’ve heard comparisons to former Kansas big man Sasha Kaun (both are Russian and prepped in Florida), but the mobile Natyazhko is much more polished offensively, as he has solid footwork in the post, can step outside to hit jumpers and owns a soft touch around the rim.

Kyryl Natyazhko (6’10 PF Team Florida 2009)- Natyazhko, a native of Ukraine, is the best player we’ve seen in the event so far that wasn’t previously on our radar. He’s a European-style big man with a lot of skill, but he also has some dawg in him (unlike many Euro-style players) and likes to bang inside. We’ll keep you posted as we get a better feel for Natyazhko’s game, but there is no-doubt that he is a big-time sleeper.
Team Florida big man Kyryl Natyazhko caused quite a stir at the Nike Peach Jam with his offensive game and size inside the paint. The big question, though, was just how good of a rebounder is he? He looked like a pretty good one on Wednesday night. The fast-rising big man scored with ease for his club and worked hard on the glass. Don't be surprised to see his recruitment become a dog fight in the fall.
The 6-foot-10, 250-pound center had everyone talking after displaying an aggressive and interesting offensive game. The IMG (Fla.) big man has an array of skills when it comes to scoring the basketball. If he improves his rebounding and his defensive intensity, Natyazhko could be one of the best centers in the nation.
I fjorda leikhluta heldu islensku strakarnir afram ad minnka muninn i 5 stig 67-62 med mikill barattu og godri hittni utan af velli. Olafur Olafsson fekk ljott olgnbogaskot og turfti af fara af velli, en naer komust teir ekki og var leikmadur Úkraníu Kyryl Natyazhko erfidur okkar monnum, enda uppa 205 cm og gat skotid vel utan af velli, hann skoradi 24 stig i leiknum og tok 13 frakost.

xufan02
08-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Keep an eye on this guy, Xavier is in the mix for him.

http://xavier.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=84218

XU05and07
08-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Can I buy a vowel?

MADXSTER
08-24-2008, 12:48 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=67247&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d672 47

Interesting info from ESPN

Kyryl Natyazhko | Center
IMG Academy (FL)
Position rank: Center # 4 Ht: 6'10" Wt: 250

Last Updated:8/21/2008
Data provided by Scouts, Inc.
Scouts Grade 90
AAU Team: Team Florida..

Aslo info from North Carolina http://hoyatalk2.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=16925

Kentucky, LSU, Xaiver, Miami and Baylor have offered, while Vanderbilt, Kansas, Arizona State, Marquette, SMU, UCLA, and Louisville are monitoring.

7/30
Team Florida big man Kyryl Natyazhko caused quite a stir at the Nike Peach Jam with his offensive game and size inside the paint. The big question, though, was just how good of a rebounder is he? He looked like a pretty good one on Wednesday night. The fast-rising big man scored with ease for his club and worked hard on the glass. Don't be surprised to see his recruitment become a dog fight in the fall.

7/26
After a strong performance at the Peach Jam, Kyryl Natyazhko continued his solid play on Friday. Though his Nike Team Florida squad fell handily at the hands of Team Final, Natyazhko finished with 13 points. To get those 13 he hit a three, took his man off the bounce, and also finished athletically above the rim.

7/18
The 6-foot-10, 250-pound center had everyone talking after displaying an aggressive and interesting offensive game. The IMG (Fla.) big man has an array of skills when it comes to scoring the basketball. If he improves his rebounding and his defensive intensity, Natyazhko could be one of the best centers in the nation.

7/13
When a 6-foot-9, 250-pound big man runs up and down the floor with good energy and passes, shoots and stays in constant motion, coaches are going to perk up. That's what happened on Sunday morning with Kyryl Natyazhko from Team Florida.

Sure, he only scored nine points and his team lost by 19 points. But there was something about the Russian import that had people talking. All things considered, Natyazhko was the nicest high-major surprise of the day.

The big man missed quite a few shots but he looked good in the process. His jumper is solid and his understanding to find a good post position was commendable. He'll have to focus some of his energy to crashing the boards and finding other ways to impact the game outside of shooting a lot of shots. There was enough shown to warrant the interest from the likes of Miami, LSU, Baylor and Xavier.

Dave Telep's 7/13 assesment from Peach Jam:

Kyryl Natyazhko, C, Team Fla. – The Ukrainian-born center has been in the States only half a season. The last foreign big man his AAU team featured was Siberian Sasha Kaun and he turned out to be pretty tough. This 6-foot-10 center is a bull inside and Top 100 caliber prospect. Lots to like in terms of overall skill and his down-to-earth approach to the game is refreshing.

Xman95
08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Just wondering, why would this guy want to come here with Frease playing ahead of him? Sure, he could possibly play PF, but he's probably looking to be a C. Seems like it would be a playing time issue. Now, if he were part of the 2010 class...

MADXSTER
08-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Just wondering, why would this guy want to come here with Frease playing ahead of him? Sure, he could possibly play PF, but he's probably looking to be a C. Seems like it would be a playing time issue. Now, if he were part of the 2010 class...

Because we put guys in the NBA. We could have our own twin towers.

Matta has had one incoming 7 footer each of the last 3 years. So it's not unheard of.

West is Best
08-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Even with Frease and Love, the people advising Natyazhko think that XU will allow him to develop and showcase his talents. Miller was able to transform Doellman from a SG/SF type player into a true PF who could hold his own defensively in the paint. While Doellman and Natyazhko play different positions, I'm sure that XU has made Kyryl aware of what Xavier has to offer.

Also, a starting center usually gets fewer minutes than a starting guard, so its not as much of a logjam as it may seem.

MADXSTER
09-13-2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/feeds...-fresh-50-2009

CHN ranked the top 50 2009 prospects. Kyryl came in at #46.

Kyryl Natyazkho
6-11
C/PF
NR
IMG (FL)
A skilled big man from Russia, Natyazkho isn't afraid to bang bodies in the paint or hit an outside jumper.
Baylor, Georgetown, Kentucky, LSU, Miami

MHettel
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I get the feeling that this kid is going to be a very good college player somewhere.

I'd like Parrom and Braswell to commit this weekend, but if not, we'd better stay on this kid until we get this 09 class filled out.

Firehose
09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I know this is totally out of line and I'm a total bastard for thinking like this, but I honestly want to call Kyryl "Nukyryl (Nuke-yryl)" - as in "Nukyryl Natyazhko melted down the Dayton boards, going for 12 and 10 for the night. It doesn't seem like anyone can handle the Xavier frontcourt, getting alternately frozen and nuked."

Pete Delkus
09-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Are we sure that this isn't Yegor Mescherakov from GW trying to get another 4 years?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1999/draft/images/players/52.jpg
Yegor Mescherakov

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Graphics/GameAction/19971124GeorgeWashington.jpg
Yegor Mescherakov

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/55/552620m.jpg
Kyryl Natyazhko

MHettel
09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Pete- you read my mind.

I actually started writing the exact same post about 2 weeks ago, but couldn't figure out how the hell to spell his name. I tried several ways, then never felt like i got it right. I started to look it up at the GW site, then got distracted and never finished the thought.

He was a pretty good player, by the way.

MADXSTER
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Haven't heard much on the Kryrl situation. Anyone else.

xufan02
10-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Heard he still has to take the SAT/ACT before he can take any official visits. Therefore I think that he will sign in the late period. I know Xavier is hoping to get him on campus after he gets a qualifying score for an official.

Firehose
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Given today's news, I think Kyryl is all but a lock. I'm not a rivals/scout subscriber, so I can't factually support this, but I think that with Braswell going to Charlotte, our recruitment efforts will be thoroughly focused, not that he wasn't boldly targeted before.

Also, if what other posters have said is true and Frease has more of a PF game, then I'd be very interested in seeing more footage of Kyryl.

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
any updates on this guy? last i saw he was leaning towards LSU? well at least according to the title of the article.

ATL Muskie
11-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I fjorda leikhluta heldu islensku strakarnir afram ad minnka muninn i 5 stig 67-62 med mikill barattu og godri hittni utan af velli. Olafur Olafsson fekk ljott olgnbogaskot og turfti af fara af velli, en naer komust teir ekki og var leikmadur Úkraníu Kyryl Natyazhko erfidur okkar monnum, enda uppa 205 cm og gat skotid vel utan af velli, hann skoradi 24 stig i leiknum og tok 13 frakost.

Exactly. I've been saying this for years.

waggy
11-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I hear he's leaning towards Dayton. Though it could be just one more voice in my head.

XU 87
11-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Snow has been saying on the Rivals board that he's not making a decision until spring.

XtremeXfan
12-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Well Miller said we would land a big man this spring on his show last week. Does that mean Kyrl is heading to X?

The Artist
12-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Well Miller said we would land a big man this spring on his show last week. Does that mean Kyrl is heading to X?

Hopefully, however it's not a sure thing yet and there are other big men on our radar in case we miss out with him.

MADXSTER
12-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Nothing in the bag but I think Kryrl would be option #1.

MADXSTER
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/630/Hoop-Mountain-Prep-Tournament-Day-3-Recap.php

December 8th, 2008
NewEnglandRecruitingReport.com
Xavier head coach Sean Miller was just one of the many prominent college coaches in attendance on Sunday at the Hoop Mountain Prep Classic. He was joined by coaches from Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Providence, and Seton Hall to name a few.

Weekend’s Top Prospects

3. Kyryl Natyzhko, IMG Academies – Another 6’10” International product, Natyzhko came to IMG from the Ukraine. He’s getting interest from the highest levels right now as he remains unsigned for ’09 and has the ability to score with either hand in the post or stretch opposing defenses with his shooting range. He also demonstrated good timing blocking shots on the defensive end, while changing ends of the floor fluidly.

Masterofreality
12-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Sean mentioned on his show last night that he went to see an "unnamed" big man over the weekend. He also said that he liked his chances very much of signing said big man in the spring. Obviously the "unnamed big man" is Kyryl.

He went on to say that he also felt very good about a 2010 big man committment soon.

The pipeline keeps filling up!

PMI
12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Miller's Machine seems to be adding more and greater parts every time I turn around. And I turn around quite often.

XU 87
12-09-2008, 10:10 AM
From what I'm reading on the other board, there's another recruit in another class who is close to committing.

kyxu
12-09-2008, 10:11 AM
From what I'm reading on the other board, there's another recruit in another class who is close to committing.

Yeah, I don't think we'll hear much from from Kyryl until the Spring.

MADXSTER
01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/recruiting/rsci2008.htm

Kyryl's composite ranking is 65. His range was from 31 to 78.

What is the RSCI? The recruiting services consensus index, composed by Jeff Crume, averages out the rankings of top national recruiting experts, to form a consensus about high school basketball's top prospects.

Experts Legend
HS = Hoop Scoop = Clark Francis
RC = RivalsHoops.com = Jerry Meyer & Justin Young
HM = Hoopmasters = Van Coleman & Bob Gibbons
DT = Insiders.com = Dave Telep.
PS = Prep Stars = Brick Oettinger
SI = Scouts Inc (ESPN)
RH = Prep Stars = Rob Harrington

West is Best
01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Good find on the website. Its ironic that Kyryl is ranked directly next to Ari Stewart. After all the fanfare and suspense involved with Ari, there's a mellow confidence around X regarding Kyryl.

waggy
01-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Think X would stop recruiting Kyryl if Payne out of Dayton were to commit before him? Payne is 2010 I believe.

West is Best
01-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Think X would stop recruiting Kyryl if Payne out of Dayton were to commit before him? Payne is 2010 I believe.

My guess is that they would continue to recruit Payne. They are very different types of players, and Payne looks capable of playing both PF and C.

xufan02
01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I think if Xavier gets Kyryl they will probably go in another direction in the 2010 class. On paper they only have two scholarships in 2010 which are filled, but they are still recruiting. If they land Kyryl it locks up our frontcourt until the 2011 class. If he comes to Xavier we would look like this for the future:

2009-2010
Seniors: Love-C, Brown-PF
Juniors: McLean-PF, Taylor-SF
Sophomore: Frease-C
Freshman: Kyryl-C, Parrom-SF
Verbals: Latham-C/F, Weatherspoon, PF/F

Adding another big to this mix would very nice, but another scorer/shooter would be a better idea.

waggy
01-09-2009, 10:30 PM
My guess is that they would continue to recruit Payne. They are very different types of players, and Payne looks capable of playing both PF and C.

I think if Xavier gets Kyryl they will probably go in another direction in the 2010 class.

I'm suggesting that Payne might commit first - not the other way around. Then what?

xavierj
01-09-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm suggesting that Payne might commit first - not the other way around. Then what?

Why do you feel Payne will commit at all?

waggy
01-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Dealing with young men here... It's just as likely in my mind that Payne commits before Kyryl. We already have a pretty good class going for 2010 (as well as 2009), and haven't Weatherspoon and Payne played on the same AAU team the last couple years?

xufan02
01-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Trust me Payne is not going to commit anytime soon, this summer maybe, but more like the late signing period. Kyryl will commit before the end of the season.

LyonsIsFlyin
01-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Kyryl will be making an official visit to X March 5 against Dayton, last home game of the year. He'll get to see first hand how one sided this "rivalry" is.

xufan02
02-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I have a really good feeling about Kyryl coming to Xavier. Here is a link to a few articles on him.

http://www.imgacademies.com/basketball-academy/news-and-results/

Masterofreality
02-04-2009, 09:33 PM
For what it's worth, and really not much, Kyryl is rated as the #32 recruit in B-Espnu's Top 100 list.

OX09
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Maybe the weather here will remind him a little of the Ukraine...

moepvc04
02-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I haven't been following his recruiting too closesly, but why would he want to come here and be backup for 3 years? Does he want to play PF?

Cincy Muskie
02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
He is a face up '4' man that can provide relief in the post as well. Kyryl and Frease would be great together. I don't think anybody is promised a starting spot anymore in big time college basketball.

waggy
02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Both Love and Frease have commented how they've made each other better players by having the opportunity to practice against each other, which is where players really improve. I think having other good players on the team should be viewed as a positive, and frankly most Top 25 programs are going to present a similiar situation.

moepvc04
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Agreed, but if I were a highly recruited center I would want to go to a school with a good center who was a senior (or maybe a junior) so I could learn from him and still get 3 (or 2) years of starting. Most wouldn't want to go somewhere where there is another very good center who is only a year ahead of them. This is purely hypothetical and I'm not saying this is how Kyryl is thinking since Cincy Muskie already said he's a face up 4 man.

MHettel
02-05-2009, 12:31 PM
if I came from Russia to the US, it's for one reason only. TO eventually makes lots of money in the NBA.

Kyryl is not a NBA center. He's a PF 100%.

XU offers him that role, without the pressure to play the 5. Thats a very nice offer.

XU 87
02-05-2009, 12:35 PM
The last thing I read on Kyryl is that Xavier is #1 on his list. I thnk ASU was also up there and there may be one other school at the top of the list.

moepvc04
02-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Can't blame Kyryl for that. Im pretty sure thats the same reason that Gates gave for going to UC, so he could play the 4 since they had a true center (Biggie McClain). I wonder how Gates is liking playing the 5 over there. Bet he wishes he would have given Xavier a little longer look.

MHettel
02-05-2009, 01:13 PM
I think Gates is dumb enough to decalre for the NBA after this year. Body-wise, he's ready. Mind-wise, he's Suzanne Sommers.

the NBA will eat this guy alive.

Cincy Muskie
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Yancy has all the physical tools but will he work hard at it? Also quick observation players seem to improve weaknesses here at X over time. To me that should intrigue Kyryl as well. It does seem we have never had much success with foreign born players here at X. Boubacar never got going because of injuries, and Churchill was flat out overrated. Is there some other players I am overlooking?

moepvc04
02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
How about that Coleman guy who was about 6'11, but grew something like 10 inches in his junior and senior year in high school. From watching him play I'm pretty sure he was foreign to his own body.

MHettel
02-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Anthony Coleman had never really accomplished much on the court, and the staff took aq chance on him due to his size and raw skills. He turned out OK, but ultimately transferred and got a better opportunity to play.

ballyhoohoo
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
It does seem we have never had much success with foreign born players here at X. Boubacar never got going because of injuries, and Churchill was flat out overrated. Is there some other players I am overlooking?

Sato?(stupid minimum characters)

Cincy Muskie
02-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah I deserved to be 'gonged' for that one. Hopefully if we get Kyryl he could be half as productive.

xufan02
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
I think we are going to get this kid. Here is a little recruiting recap.

http://prepstars.com/program_profiles/2008/regional_report/win08index.jsp

XU 87
02-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Did I miss something? The only thing I read was that Xavier may be a possible destination, or words to that effect.

Jumpy
02-19-2009, 12:39 PM
My guess is that it is a link to an insider article, so it sends the rest of us to a "example page".

xavierj
02-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Brian Snow from musketeerscoop.com will have some new recruiting information tomorrow on his site. For those of you that pay you will find out what is going on for those of you who do not subscribe will have to wait.

MHettel
02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Jeez. Freakin Iron Curtain

JimmyTwoTimes37
02-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Jeez. Freakin Iron Curtain

haha.

NO SCOOP FOR YOU (Seinfeld Reference - Soup Nazi)

AviatorX
02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Brian Snow from musketeerscoop.com will have some new recruiting information tomorrow on his site. For those of you that pay you will find out what is going on for those of you who do not subscribe will have to wait.

Solid analysis.

xu15
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Any new word?

LyonsIsFlyin
02-21-2009, 08:04 PM
The All For One report is always an amazing treat to see when the page loads, almost makes it worth the 100 bucks to read.(Not being sarcastic)

I'm obviously not gonna give you the report, but all you really need from it is Kyryl is supposed to be on campus this weekend for his official visit. I tell you this because I'm sure its somewhere else as well.

GuyFawkes38
02-21-2009, 08:09 PM
The All For One report is always an amazing treat to see when the page loads, almost makes it worth the 100 bucks to read.(Not being sarcastic)

I'm obviously not gonna give you the report, but all you really need from it is Kyryl is supposed to be on campus this weekend for his official visit. I tell you this because I'm sure its somewhere else as well.

Hopefully the visit goes well. Hopefully he will have a fun time (ugghhhh, too bad there is no more soupies).

Frambo
02-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Saw him sitting with Brian Thornton for the game. Anyone have any scoops on him or how the visit went?

Cincy Muskie
02-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Big fella was certainly in the building. He was getting loads of attention. I am feeling a 'verbal' before he goes home. In my mind that would be the bigger 'win' today. Brian Thornton spent the whole game sitting next to him. Couldn't ask for a better 'ambassador' IMO.

xu drew
02-22-2009, 05:00 PM
i don't know....you're certainly right about Thornton being a great ambassador and it worked out very well that they were able to sit next to each other, but it wasn't the best game for him to come to. that second half just dragged on and on with all those fouls the refs were calling. it got a big boring there for a while...

JimmyTwoTimes37
02-22-2009, 05:27 PM
i don't know....you're certainly right about Thornton being a great ambassador and it worked out very well that they were able to sit next to each other, but it wasn't the best game for him to come to. that second half just dragged on and on with all those fouls the refs were calling. it got a big boring there for a while...

well see...lots of big named schools getting involved with him late...hopefully he isnt swayed by a school like pittsburgh at the last second...

If we do get a verbal, I guess this means we stop recruiting payne? Our scholarships would be out unless a transfer or an andrew taylor situation again

waggy
02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
If we do get a verbal, I guess this means we stop recruiting payne? Our scholarships would be out unless a transfer or an andrew taylor situation again

If Payne wants to play at X I think you find room for him.

JimmyTwoTimes37
02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
If Payne wants to play at X I think you find room for him.

haha true...

ballyhoohoo
02-22-2009, 05:46 PM
http://http://www.phillypreneurs.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/rocky-4.jpg

I knew the guy with throton looked familiar

Cincy Muskie
02-22-2009, 05:56 PM
I thought Kyryl was originally slated for a visit for the UD game. Agreed about the second half, it did drag. Hopefully he will decide soon but he may want to get all his visits in before making a commit.

MuskiePimp23
02-22-2009, 09:36 PM
This would make my day if he committed over this visit. This would be a great get for X.

sweet16
02-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Anybody see the tall, blond kid wearing the DG sweatshirt sitting where the recruits normally sit? Was he a recruit? Name?

xuab
02-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Anybody see the tall, blond kid wearing the DG sweatshirt sitting where the recruits normally sit? Was he a recruit? Name?

It was Kyryl. Here's the link to the thread in the recruiting forum: http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5177

Masterofreality
02-23-2009, 08:38 AM
It was Kyryl. He was hosted by Brian Thornton- good choice. BT is about the classiest guy that X could have to squire a recruit around. I wish that Big K could come back to the game against the dump though. The crowd would be louder.

Note- I am not knocking the crowd from yesterday. Sellout, decent first half energy. But the way GW uglied it up in the second half- 28 fouls called between the two teams, just sucked the life out of the building. Thank Gawd for Brad Redford to get people up with his awesome 3's.

Muskie
02-23-2009, 09:03 AM
It was Kyryl. He was hosted by Brian Thornton- good choice. BT is about the classiest guy that X could have to squire a recruit around. I wish that Big K could come back to the game against the dump though. The crowd would be louder.

Note- I am not knocking the crowd from yesterday. Sellout, decent first half energy. But the way GW uglied it up in the second half- 28 fouls called between the two teams, just sucked the life out of the building. Thank Gawd for Brad Redford to get people up with his awesome 3's.

I chatted with Brian Thorton briefly on Saturday at the his sister's HS Regional game. He was very excited to be going to the game on Sunday. He didnt' mention anything about hosting a recruit, but maybe he couldn't. Brian is a great guy.

ballyhoohoo
02-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I would love to get a big post player to go along side Kenny for three years and love for 2. Hopefully we will get a verbal soon

bobbyboucher
02-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Anyone else think it is odd that BT was the host? Also is this allowed by the NCAA? The reason I ask is that don't think BT has a official role in the program and if any alum could host a recruit could in theory a school bring back a NBA all-star to host a recruit. Not sure on any of this just curious

Muskie
02-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Was Thorton hosting? or merely sitting next to him? I know that when former players visit they are often given tickets in the section behind the bench. I assume the same thing happens with recruits.

Firehose
02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
I would love to get a big post player to go along side Kenny for three years and love for 2. Hopefully we will get a verbal soon

He'd be with the Love Machine for one year, not two.

Also, would we just play the two of them in rotation or use Frease and Kyryl like San Antonio used David Robinson and Tim Duncan? I know that Kyryl is a true center, but I think it kind of comes back to having the best players on the court and I'd love to see those monsters teamed up in the middle.

dc_x
02-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Was Thorton hosting? or merely sitting next to him? I know that when former players visit they are often given tickets in the section behind the bench. I assume the same thing happens with recruits.

I don't think BT was hosting - just sitting next to Kyryl. Kyryl came out of the tunnel pre-game with Lyons and Walsh. He walked over to the bench and they showed him to his seat next to BT. He talked to BT most of the game. At halftime and at the end of the game, Lyons came over and took him back to the locker room.

After the game, he came back on the court and was talking with Whitford.

Muskie
02-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't think BT was hosting - just sitting next to Kyryl. Kyryl came out of the tunnel pre-game with Lyons and Walsh. He walked over to the bench and they showed him to his seat next to BT. He talked to BT most of the game. At halftime and at the end of the game, Lyons came over and took him back to the locker room.

After the game, he came back on the court and was talking with Whitford.

That's what I figured. I know that some some schools schedule kids in when Alumni will be in town, but I was pretty sure there was some sort of rule that prohibited that kind of hosting.

LyonsIsFlyin
02-23-2009, 01:57 PM
That's what I figured. I know that some some schools schedule kids in when Alumni will be in town, but I was pretty sure there was some sort of rule that prohibited that kind of hosting.

You are correct, I was told it was an awesome coincidence. Person I was talking to said BT called like friday to say he was coming, Kyryl had been scheduled previously, so the stars aligned for us to have an amazing guy to watch the game with him.

Xman95
02-23-2009, 02:32 PM
know that Kyryl is a true center

From things I have read, I get the impression that Kyryl is more of a combo PF/C, just happens to have C size. He seems like a guy who likes to hit the outside shot and one of the knocks on him coming into this season was that he had not proven he was/could be a strong rebounder. Comments from his coach lead me to believe that it was an area of focus and the big man has improved.

So, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think you would see him playing the 4, especially next year with Love/Frease already in the middle. Kyryl could be the #3 in that rotation and also back-up Brown and McLean at PF (or be the main back-up if Brown goes pro...which he should NOT).

Juice
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
From things I have read, I get the impression that Kyryl is more of a combo PF/C, just happens to have C size. He seems like a guy who likes to hit the outside shot and one of the knocks on him coming into this season was that he had not proven he was/could be a strong rebounder. Comments from his coach lead me to believe that it was an area of focus and the big man has improved.

So, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think you would see him playing the 4, especially next year with Love/Frease already in the middle. Kyryl could be the #3 in that rotation and also back-up Brown and McLean at PF (or be the main back-up if Brown goes pro...which he should NOT).

I would agree. He seems more of a Justin Doellman type player to me. Obviously I have not seen him play but based on the information about him Doellman is the first player I thought of.

Masterofreality
02-23-2009, 04:27 PM
You are correct, I was told it was an awesome coincidence.

Ooops. "Host" is a bad word choice.

Here's the deal. Both those guys were just to the left of us who were sitting below Nuts4XU in section 104. BT was in a chair with a vacant chair between he and Kyryl. I saw them have polite conversation. After the game BT was in the stands behind Byron, Joe and Muskieman. Kyryl was in the tunnel talking to people then went back to the locker room.

Looked like the big blond haired kid had a good time. I would also say he's reportedly a better version of JuDo, not a center, per se.

XavierGJG
02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
It did look like he was having a good time. Most of the game he had a smile on his face and an expression like "this is awesome". :D

MOR Where do you sit? I have seats in 102 just below Nuts.

Xman95
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
I would agree. He seems more of a Justin Doellman type player to me. Obviously I have not seen him play but based on the information about him Doellman is the first player I thought of.

Not sure I would go the Doellman route, if only because of the size of this kid (and I have a feeling JD was more of an outside/long range threat). JD didn't come in with the size that seemed to make him ready to bang down low. Kyryl, from the reports I have seen, is physically ready to be a lane filler, he just might not be committed to being that guy just yet. It's definitely not uncommon for foreign big men to come over with better outside games than inside.

Actually, Kyryl might be more of a Duncan than Doellman.

(Just to be clear, I have never seen this kid play. I am simply basing this on everything I have read about him and his recruitment.)

Firehose
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Not sure I would go the Doellman route, if only because of the size of this kid (and I have a feeling JD was more of an outside/long range threat).

Doellman was recruited to be a SF. Whether that was because of his frame or his touch, I dunno, but he certainly didn't come in to X as a strong interior presence.

MuskieCinci
02-23-2009, 10:12 PM
The students were yelling at him whenever he walked by telling him to come to X and he would always look over and smile. I wish he would have crossed his arms in an X and given a head nod but O well. Hopefully he wasn't looking over and laughing because everyone was pronouncing his name wrong though, because I'm pretty sure every time the Kyryl chant sounded different.

XU 87
02-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Rivals is reporting that he didn't commit, but that the X staff didn't expect him to commit during the visit. But X still has a very good chance of landing him.

And since I'm referencing Rivals, I again recommend to anyone to spend the $100 per year and join that site. It's worth it.

AviatorX
02-23-2009, 10:45 PM
The students were yelling at him whenever he walked by telling him to come to X and he would always look over and smile. I wish he would have crossed his arms in an X and given a head nod but O well. Hopefully he wasn't looking over and laughing because everyone was pronouncing his name wrong though, because I'm pretty sure every time the Kyryl chant sounded different.

Which begs the question, what is the correct pronunciation, anyone have a phonetic spelling?

JimmyTwoTimes37
02-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Rivals is reporting that he didn't commit, but that the X staff didn't expect him to commit during the visit. But X still has a very good chance of landing him.

And since I'm referencing Rivals, I again recommend to anyone to spend the $100 per year and join that site. It's worth it.

Aviator, I'm not really all that familiar with the recruiting process. However, when a recruit leaves without a verbal commitment, does that mean the chances of landing him are greatly decreased?

AviatorX
02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Aviator, I'm not really all that familiar with the recruiting process. However, when a recruit leaves without a verbal commitment, does that mean the chances of landing him are greatly decreased?

I think you were responding to 87 judging by the post you quotes, but I'll give it a stab. From what I've heard and read (not much) about Kyryl, he is going to be a late commitment and wants to take all of his visits. Hopefully we can land him.

birdman71
02-24-2009, 06:36 AM
There was a 6'10''ish blonde guy who came out with the team and sat in the recruit area with Brian Thorton at Sunday's game.
I've seen a few references on this board to a big man recruit with an Eastern European name.
I'm guessing that was him.
Does anybody have details?

Wear blue at games.

kyxu
02-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Yeah, that was him. Kryrl Natazhayasjodkoakoidfjko.

XU 87
02-24-2009, 06:57 AM
I think you were responding to 87 judging by the post you quotes, but I'll give it a stab. From what I've heard and read (not much) about Kyryl, he is going to be a late commitment and wants to take all of his visits. Hopefully we can land him.

You are correct.

birdman71
02-24-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks, ky.
I found the earlier thread on NATYAZHKO, the Ukrainian now living in Bradenton FL.
He looked like he was having a good time

Blueblob4life
02-24-2009, 08:02 AM
he walked by the student section with the team and we gave him a good ovation, though I don't think he really had a grasp on what was happening. we did our part to recruit him. :D

Muskie
02-24-2009, 08:34 AM
http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?p=98975#post98975

Frambo
02-25-2009, 12:57 PM
my son is a freshman at OU. He just called....they got an e-mail from OU's basketball office saying that Kryrl is going to be on a visit there this thursday for the OU - Miami game. Hopefully Sean calls Charlie and calls for more of a slowdown so he gets bored and commits to X on his way out of Athens. Thank God they didn't have him visit on Halloween....he may never have left!!!!

XUdenver
02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
OU?? What for? Because he's "in the neighborhood?"

They haven't been on his radar at all (at least according to Rivals and Scout). I don't think we have much to fear from them.

Frambo
02-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Maybe Groce has more pull than past OU head coaches. Armon Bassett also transfered there from Indiana and is sitting out this year just like Crawford.

The Artist
02-25-2009, 01:43 PM
my son is a freshman at OU. He just called....they got an e-mail from OU's basketball office saying that Kryrl is going to be on a visit there this thursday for the OU - Miami game.

Wouldn't this be a recruiting violation?

Muskie
02-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Maybe Groce has more pull than past OU head coaches. Armon Bassett also transfered there from Indiana and is sitting out this year just like Crawford.

Groce was apparently the only one interested in giving Bassett another chance... He's been through two programs already.

AviatorX
02-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Groce was apparently the only one interested in giving Bassett another chance... He's been through two programs already.

Not to mention he's just not as good a player as Crawford, and he only has one year left.

ballyhoohoo
02-25-2009, 02:02 PM
my son is a freshman at OU. He just called....they got an e-mail from OU's basketball office saying that Kryrl is going to be on a visit there this thursday for the OU - Miami game. Hopefully Sean calls Charlie and calls for more of a slowdown so he gets bored and commits to X on his way out of Athens. Thank God they didn't have him visit on Halloween....he may never have left!!!!

Can you give him an extra allowance if he holds up a "Go to X Kryrl" sign

LyonsIsFlyin
02-25-2009, 02:10 PM

I think Groce has alot more pull, Rivals believes OU has a fair shot at Kyryl, we shall just have to wait until he takes all of his visits.

Frambo
02-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Can you give him an extra allowance if he holds up a "Go to X Kryrl" sign

He's staying in his dorm room to watch the X game. I told him to show up early and talk him into being a Muskie, but he said that the O-zone can get rowdy and didn't want them turning on him.

Frambo
02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Wouldn't this be a recruiting violation?

Frambo Jr. just texted me. I misunderstood his first message. He found out about the visit on a facebook page that the O-Zone (OU's spirit group) has, not from the basketball office.

JAX 3758
02-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Take this for what is worth guys...My friends and I ran into Jordan Crawford the other day on Campus and asked him if he had heard anything abour Kyryl being at the GW game last weekend. He said they, of course, all knew he was there and that he expected him to sign "real soon"

Just thought I let you guys know...seems we should be hearing some good news any day now :D

Xman95
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Take this for what is worth guys...My friends and I ran into Jordan Crawford the other day on Campus and asked him if he had heard anything abour Kyryl being at the GW game last weekend. He said they, of course, all knew he was there and that he expected him to sign "real soon"

Just thought I let you guys know...seems we should be hearing some good news any day now :D

While that's much better than hearing "he's not coming here," I won't get too excited until there's a verbal. Just like fans, I'm sure players on the team can get excited about a possible impact signing (especially when it's at a position other than their own!). Expecting him to sign "real soon" might just be wishful thinking on the part of kid who sees no reason for Kyryl to go somehwere else.

I'm definitely not saying your info is bad, wrong, etc. I'm just not getting too excited until we get word from the kid himself.

xavierdude
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
That's "good" news. It seemed by his body language that he enjoyed himself at the GW game. Although, it seems weird since he hasn't visited anywhere else. Maybe our recruiters are just that good!!!

Xman95
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Maybe our recruiters are just that good!!!

I think they are!

MHettel
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Keep in mind that the announcement of his verbal is different than his verbal.

As far as we know, he told Miller. Announcing it to the rest of the world is not nearly as important.

ballyhoohoo
02-26-2009, 02:34 PM
I do know he is taking another official to OU today

West is Best
02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
it seems weird since he hasn't visited anywhere else.

Kyryl will be doing other visits, but it says something that Xavier was the first one he checked out. He wants to use X as the measuring stick for the other programs, which is a good sign that we are the favorite.

LyonsIsFlyin
02-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't think he will commit real soon, though I'll take it for what it is, at least positive. Could he have hinted at coming here, definietly, but rivals has continued to quote his coach saying he will take all his visits before he commits, we know he's at OU tonight and at least still has Arizona Sate, Miami florida, FSU, Pitt and Kentucky. Hopefully he won't go to all the schools who have offered him, but "real soon" might not be too soon.

MFurey
02-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I saw this on Jeff Goodmans blog on Foxsports:

RANDOM NOTES: How about Ohio University rookie coach John Groce getting an official visit from Top 100 big man Kyryl Natyazhko, a 6-foot-10 Ukrainian who is at IMG Academy down in Florida. The word we’re getting is that Natyazhko visited Xavier last week and will likely choose from the pair – despite getting plenty of high-major interest lately. …

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox

Cincy Muskie
02-26-2009, 03:20 PM
We have to give John some credit for Kyryl coming to OU's campus. Hopefully Groce is a little more on target with Kyryl's potential than he was with Churchill Odia. I am with everybody else about an 'official announcement'. If that report is accurate he will probably return back to IMG this weekend, discuss with his coach and parents the pros and cons of each school, and hopefully makes an announcement early next week.

I must say the team sure was giving him plenty of attention before, during, and after the game. It seems they really want Kyryl to be part of the big things we are doing here.

Frambo
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
He might be impressed with the OU student section, but I doubt if they have a crowd like we had last week. I was at the Convo for the Dad's weekend game and they couldn't fill it then...might be kind of sparse and Miami's crowd won't travel.

xu15
02-26-2009, 04:06 PM
What does that mean for our scholarship situation if we do get Kyryl? In terms of 2010 and such I mean.

xufan02
02-26-2009, 04:15 PM
We will have no more scholarships on paper for the 2009 or 2010 class if Kyryl commits. If someone were to leave or we got a de-commit it would change the situation.

Cincy Muskie
02-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Just read a thread on a OU messageboard concerning Kyryl. It appears they went all out for him. Some there have reiterated it is down to us and them. I like our chances but you never know with young kids. OU students certainly pulled out all the stops for him i.e. chanting his name, waving the Ukranian flag, and reportedly three female volleyball players chatted with him for awhile. Either way I hope we hear a decision soon. Great if it is him, if not on to plan B. He certainly would be a great option to have on our team.

MHettel
02-27-2009, 12:16 PM
You come all the way from the Ukraine to play college hoops in the US in hopes of maybe making it a career.

Then you end up at OU?

No way. Not with those other solid programs on his list. If it aint us, fine, but it aint gonna be OU.

XU 87
02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
I've read on Rivals that is definitely between X and OU, with X maybe having a little edge. But I read that before he took his trip to OU. But don't expect a decision real soon.

And since I'm quoting Rivals I'll again put a plug in for them and say that it's well worth the $100 to join.

BiggieXU
02-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Just read a thread on a OU messageboard concerning Kyryl. It appears they went all out for him. Some there have reiterated it is down to us and them. I like our chances but you never know with young kids. OU students certainly pulled out all the stops for him i.e. chanting his name, waving the Ukranian flag, and reportedly three female volleyball players chatted with him for awhile. Either way I hope we hear a decision soon. Great if it is him, if not on to plan B. He certainly would be a great option to have on our team.
Women's volleyball players? Nice work OU

Jay Bruce
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
He might be impressed with the OU student section, but I doubt if they have a crowd like we had last week. I was at the Convo for the Dad's weekend game and they couldn't fill it then...might be kind of sparse and Miami's crowd won't travel.

How big is the Convo anyway? It looks like they had over 10,900 for their dad's weekend game. They had more fans than we have seats.

The Miami game was a little less, but still impressive for a weeknight game for a mid-major. They had 7,000+ fans there.

Frambo
02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
it seats over 13,000

didn't seem like 10,000 that day

waggy
02-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Athens has a dark secret:

http://www.annsmemorialgardens.com/theridges.jpg

Pretty sure they still perform lobotomys from time to time.

IVANHOE
03-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Ivanhoe: Kevin Parrom. Where do you see him fitting in with Xavier's lineup? Is he more superior to most the player in the A10? Also whats the word on Kyryl Natyazhko, he visited a week ago...any news?

Paul Biancardi: (2:54 PM ET ) Ivanhoe, how ya doin? Let's do one at a time here. Kevin Parrom will fit extremely well into Xavier's program. He'll have to earn his way into the starting lineup. He is tough and talented. Sean Miller and his staff do a great job in identifying players early and going right after them. As far as Natyazhko, Xavier is obviously in the mix. Also keep an eye on Florida State and Arizona State as he is one of the best remaining big men left in the '09 class.

He doesnt mention OU. Being in the mix with Florida St and Arizona St keeps us in good company. Both teams are doing well this year. its interesting, he has the south, west and midwest covered. he is all over the map. seems indecisive.

Backyard Champ
03-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Heard some news today from a friend who works with the OU athletic department, he says Kyryl called OU's coach and said that he was not going to be attending OU. Not sure how accurate it is, just passing along what I heard..

GuyFawkes38
03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
So the Herb Sandek coaching tree is chasing him. Is that just a coincidence?

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Heard some news today from a friend who works with the OU athletic department, he says Kyryl called OU's coach and said that he was not going to be attending OU. Not sure how accurate it is, just passing along what I heard..

Hopefully Kyryl saw the passion and the tradition of X on ESPN2 tonight against UD....What an atmosphere for a college basketball game...

CleXU
03-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Apparently he visited Pitt this last weekend for the Uconn game according to Scout.com.

http://xavier.scout.com/a.z?s=442&p=2&c=845631&refid=400

Cincy Muskie
03-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Some big time players involved with Kyryl. Be interesting to see whom he spends his final two visits on.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Looking at the 1st FREE line of scout.com's latest article on Kyryl, it says "Three guys made decisions this weekend, UNC had seven prospects on campus and Natyazhko took a visit"

My gut feeling is that this kid is on the outs...

who knows though.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3765115

AviatorX
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Looking at the 1st FREE line of scout.com's latest article on Kyryl, it says "Three guys made decisions this weekend, UNC had seven prospects on campus and Natyazhko took a visit"

My gut feeling is that this kid is on the outs...

who knows though.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3765115

He doesn't even have anything close to an offer from UNC, the article probably went on to discuss X and a few others that have been his "finalists" for a while now.

Cincy Muskie
03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I saw an article online recently that stated Whitford spent $1,300 on a ticket to go to Florida right after our game against the Badgers. My guess is the recruit he was going to visit was Kyryl. Could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I think X is still very much in the loop for this kid. Famous appears to be Plan B but beyond that who knows.

An ancillary benefit from beating Pitt tomorrow night may hopefully swing this kid's decision in our favor. Conversly if we lose he could go their way. Who knows with 18-19 year old kids?

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
saw that too. and i didnt think UNC was on the radar either. youre right aviator, prolly just a couple articles wrapped in one.

My mistake guys....i take back what i typed earlier!

Pluto
03-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Natyazhko Takes Visits

One of the best available big man – Kyryl Natyazhko – hit the road again this weekend.
Since arriving in the United States from Ukraine, Natyazhko, a standout at Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, has worked his way into Scout.com’s Top 100 and has earned a number of high major scholarship offers.

Lately the four-star big man has been hitting the road. He’s visited Ohio University and Xavier in recent weeks, then this past weekend he made his way to Pittsburgh and took in the Panthers game against Connecticut.

To go with Ohio, Xavier and Pittsburgh, Kentucky, Florida State, Miami, Arizona State and Charlotte are also in the mix for Natyazhko.

Natyazhko is ranked No. 64 overall and No. 10 on the Scout.com’s 2009 center list.

It is a free article and it covered a bunch of other prospects as well. Kyryl wasn't at the UNC game.

xavierj
03-25-2009, 05:45 PM
It is pretty much between Xavier and Ohio U but about 75% leaning toward Xavier. He will probably take his last visit to Arizona St. this weekend as a courtesy and then he will most likely announce for Xavier soon after Xavier gets back from the final 4.

AviatorX
03-25-2009, 05:56 PM
It is pretty much between Xavier and Ohio U but about 75% leaning toward Xavier. He will probably take his last visit to Arizona St. this weekend as a courtesy and then he will most likely announce for Xavier soon after Xavier gets back from the final 4.

So around April 7th or 8th?

waggy
03-26-2009, 03:27 AM
I wonder if Kyryl having not grown up in the states, if class size or available academic support is important to him. Here is a question and answer from yesterdays press conference.

Q. The life and times of C.J. continue. When you got to Cincinnati and you started working with Sister Fleming and the other academic people there, was there a day when you realized early on, I've really got to buckle down? Did you come in once and have them call you on the carpet or was it more demanding than anything you had been through before?

C.J. ANDERSON: I don't want to say it was more demanding, I want to say, if anything, it was easier because there was more willingness to help me out. So I don't think it was more demanding, I think it was easier for me to come in with people that were willing to help me and take the time, sitting down to help me and help me when I was struggling. So it wasn't more difficult at all.

Xman95
03-26-2009, 10:48 PM
So around April 7th or 8th?

Or perhaps we'll hear something by Sunday. Getting a commit from the big foreigner will definitely help ease the pain of a tough loss.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Or perhaps we'll hear something by Sunday. Getting a commit from the big foreigner will definitely help ease the pain of a tough loss.

Hopefully....if Not Kyryl, then Adreian payne or whoever else. Xavier's future looks very bright

Cincy Muskie
03-27-2009, 02:57 PM
I took a look at IMG Academy's website today and they have several updates on Kyryl. It looks like his next visit is to Arizona State for sure and then they speculate that Miami-FL will get his last visit.

MADXSTER
03-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I would think that at this point recruits would wait until the coaching carousel ends before committing.

Juice
03-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I took a look at IMG Academy's website today and they have several updates on Kyryl. It looks like his next visit is to Arizona State for sure and then they speculate that Miami-FL will get his last visit.

I have read that Haith might leave Miami, so that might be good for the Muskies. I have no idea how seriously he is considering Miami, but it would be nice to knock some teams off the list.

Stonebreaker
03-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Some people at UC believe he has interest in them because of a relationship with Riek from IMG. Nothing concrete about that, but it would sure make things interesting.

Juice
03-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Some people at UC believe he has interest in them because of a relationship with Riek from IMG. Nothing concrete about that, but it would sure make things interesting.

I thought Riek was no longer going to UC?

xavierj
03-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Apparently slick Mick was visiting Kyryl last weekend and is trying to make a last ditch effort to land him.

West is Best
03-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Apparently slick Mick was visiting Kyryl last weekend and is trying to make a last ditch effort to land him.

UC certainly has got the roster holes for him. Kyryl's the best big man left uncommitted in the country, I'm sure he hearing from a few additional schools right now.

Stonebreaker
03-29-2009, 08:02 PM
That's what I thought, but it could still happen. Recruiting is a crazy business.

wkrq59
03-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Athens has a dark secret:

http://www.annsmemorialgardens.com/theridges.jpg

Pretty sure they still perform lobotomys from time to time.

Waggy, even though system wouldn't let me rep you, that was wonderful. Just shows you have to have a sense of humor in this crazy world, and brother, you do.:D

Backyard Champ
03-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Does anyone have a membership to scout, a new interview was posted today regarding his trip to ASU.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-30-2009, 09:28 AM
ya Riek really was never at UC. they had academic qualification problems with him from the beginning. I definitely know he's been out of school for months now (if he was ever in school)

danaandvictory
03-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Anyone have an update on this kid? Last I heard he was going to take his last official visit to Miami of Florida...

If the Grand Weasel wants to steal him, seems like he'll have to do so without a visit, but that might be a benefit given UC's facilities. Also, heard Cronin on the radio the other day with Mark Amazon of 1530 talking about their season. He began by saying "I don't make excuses and don't believe in making excuses" and then spent ten solid minutes bitching about injuries, fatigue, scheduling, and bad luck. What a hoser.

Stonebreaker
03-30-2009, 03:53 PM
ya Riek really was never at UC. they had academic qualification problems with him from the beginning. I definitely know he's been out of school for months now (if he was ever in school)

I've heard he is coming in Dec and that he is eligible, I've also heard today that he is not coming to UC. To be continued.

jdm2000
03-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Has there ever been a more drawn out process for someone to get eligible than Riek? You gotta feel bad for the guy at some point.

XU 87
03-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Anyone have an update on this kid? Last I heard he was going to take his last official visit to Miami of Florida...

If the Grand Weasel wants to steal him, seems like he'll have to do so without a visit, but that might be a benefit given UC's facilities. Also, heard Cronin on the radio the other day with Mark Amazon of 1530 talking about their season. He began by saying "I don't make excuses and don't believe in making excuses" and then spent ten solid minutes bitching about injuries, fatigue, scheduling, and bad luck. What a hoser.

Did he mention anything about lack of talent and a team that quit at the end of the season?

Stonebreaker
03-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't know if they quit, but they certainly were awful.

Stonebreaker
03-30-2009, 08:58 PM
According to a poster, NPR stated that Riek will attend UC. Let the rumors with K-Naty continue.

waggy
03-31-2009, 01:24 AM
Waggy, even though system wouldn't let me rep you, that was wonderful. Just shows you have to have a sense of humor in this crazy world, and brother, you do.:D

At Xavier, they want to give you a brain. Quite a difference!

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-31-2009, 09:03 AM
I would find it tough to learn, sit in class, and live in any building where they used to perform labotomies and used all kind of torturous methods on people with obvious mental disabilities.

XUfaninJAX
03-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Kryrl certainly better sign at this point, between the two threads on him he has gotten over 20,000 views. He'd be a pretty popular guy on campus.

Xman95
03-31-2009, 10:31 AM
While I would definitely like to get this guy into the program (the reports on him are pretty impressive), I won't be as concerned if we have D.Brown back. We'll still be two deep at the C spot with Love and Frease, and two deep at PF with Brown and McLean. We would then have the 'ship available for the following year.

Of course, if we get this kid in next year, it gives us a little extra depth in case someone gets hurt. It also gives us a back-up with a year of experience when Brown and Love are gone. That could be important with only Frease and McLean as bigs with experience. I think JD has great upside and I'm assuming Latham does as well (haven't seen him play), but we saw how difficult the transition can be this year with Kenny, TuTu and Brad. Getting Ivan Drago to commit is something that seems far more important for the 2010-11 season than it would be for next year.

Firehose
03-31-2009, 01:40 PM
While I would definitely like to get this guy into the program (the reports on him are pretty impressive), I won't be as concerned if we have D.Brown back. We'll still be two deep at the C spot with Love and Frease, and two deep at PF with Brown and McLean. We would then have the 'ship available for the following year.

Of course, if we get this kid in next year, it gives us a little extra depth in case someone gets hurt. It also gives us a back-up with a year of experience when Brown and Love are gone. That could be important with only Frease and McLean as bigs with experience. I think JD has great upside and I'm assuming Latham does as well (haven't seen him play), but we saw how difficult the transition can be this year with Kenny, TuTu and Brad. Getting Ivan Drago to commit is something that seems far more important for the 2010-11 season than it would be for next year.

I believe that it's more important this season than for any other. Derrick will play the 3 in the pros, so I believe that if we can have him rotate between the two forward spots, eventually giving the start at the 4 to Love or McLean, he'll be a more attractive NBA prospect by the end of next season. If Kyryl isn't there to rotate, it'll be a lot harder to get a good rotation through the post to allow D to move farther outside.

xunorm
04-01-2009, 09:45 AM
I'd like to get him, but in terms of our rotation; how often did you see X post up the PF on the block when Frease or Love was in the game. Hardly ever, it seemed to me, the PF always was close to the wing or the high post.

LyonsIsFlyin
04-01-2009, 09:55 AM
I'd like to get him, but in terms of our rotation; how often did you see X post up the PF on the block when Frease or Love was in the game. Hardly ever, it seemed to me, the PF always was close to the wing or the high post.

That's more of Kyryl's style though. He's a big that plays facing the basket, not posted up. Think of Dirk when you think Kyryl. He has the ability to be able to post up obviously, but I think as a freshman he'd be strictly facing the basket until he develop's more, like kenny's jump shot. He has one, just not the green light to shoot once open because it isn't his strong suit, but he will shoot more next year I'd assume.

Cincy Muskie
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Posters on OU's board indicate Kyryl is playing in the Derby Classic in Louisville on April 11th. Does the spring signing period begin on 4/15?

gladdenguy
04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
I believe the 15th of April is correct.

Firehose
04-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Without divulging Premium Content, does anyone know why he's riding his recruitment so long? With signing coming up, he stands to lost a lot if some programs decide that they can get a similar player right away.

West is Best
04-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Without divulging Premium Content, does anyone know why he's riding his recruitment so long? With signing coming up, he stands to lost a lot if some programs decide that they can get a similar player right away.

He waited until February or March to take his SAT's, so he wasn't able to take an official visit until then. Since he's going to school in Tampa, its a lot easier if the programs pay for the trip into town, which can't be done on an unofficial visit.

Kyryl is a very talented player and there's really no similar player left uncommitted. Also I think big men can afford to wait longer simply because more teams will have minutes available.

bobbiemcgee
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Maybe adding Florida to the sked might tip him our way.

Nigel Tufnel
04-03-2009, 08:20 PM
The folks over at Az St. scout board are feeling pretty confident that they have him locked up. They say he is going to make his announcement on April 11th.

OX09
04-04-2009, 08:20 AM
The folks over at Az St. scout board are feeling pretty confident that they have him locked up. They say he is going to make his announcement on April 11th.

If he goes...he goes.

The Artist
04-04-2009, 08:21 AM
i defeat real champion

flashwright1
04-04-2009, 08:44 AM

Mick Cronin is not recruiting Kryrl. If he was at IMG Academy it was to visit John Riek who is a center he is recruiting.

Kryrl is down to Xavier and ASU.

boozehound
04-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Arizona State blows goats. I have proof.

Olsingledigit
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
The AZ saga ongoing with Sean might push him to ASU.

Cincy Muskie
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
That new 22 million dollar practice facility they just broke ground on at ASU might help them also.

Juice
04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
That new 22 million dollar practice facility they just broke ground on at ASU might help them also.

When is that supposed to be finished?

ASU loses Pendergraft (which is good for Kyryl as far as PT is concerned) and Harden will most likely leave for the NBA, I just do not see the appeal right now because they will be rebuilding.

Cincy Muskie
04-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Hard to say Juice about K's decision. If they are 'rebuilding' on the floor at ASU his MPG as a freshmen could be higher. I truly hope we get him because if we do this team will be capable of BIG things next year.

25jackson
04-07-2009, 05:34 PM
on the espn recruiting site, Kyryl's page does not even list x anymore. the list is now arizona, arizona state, pitt, and florida state

XU 87
04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
With Miller leaving, I didn't expect him to come to X. On the other hand, with Frease and Love, I was never real sure why he was interested in X.

D-West & PO-Z
04-07-2009, 05:38 PM
With Miller leaving, I didn't expect him to come to X. On the other hand, with Frease and Love, I was never real sure why he was interested in X.

Because he wanted to play PF right?

MuskiePimp23
04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Kryrl is out...Rivals is reporting that he is now down to ASU, Pitt, and...Arizona...Miller has already called him offering him playing time for next year.

principal
04-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Kryrl is out...Rivals is reporting that he is now down to ASU, Pitt, and...Arizona...Miller has already called him offering him playing time for next year.

Already f-ing Sendek. What a pal.

xu15
04-07-2009, 11:00 PM

Miller is going back on what he said then. (So surprised)

waggy
04-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Miller is going back on what he said then. (So surprised)

Don't agree, yet. Kyryl never committed to X.

D-West & PO-Z
04-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't agree, yet. Kyryl never committed to X.

He said he wouldnt go after any Xavier recruits. Didnt say only ones that were signed.

waggy
04-07-2009, 11:29 PM
He said he wouldnt go after any Xavier recruits. Didnt say only ones that were signed.

If a player hasn't committed, he's fair game. That's pretty much the "understanding" in the industry.

D-West & PO-Z
04-07-2009, 11:31 PM
If a player hasn't committed, he's fair game. That's pretty much the "understanding" in the industry.

I agree, which is why I am not sure why he made the comment.

waggy
04-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I agree, which is why I am not sure why he made the comment.

Substitute "commit/verbal" for "recruit", and I think that's what he meant. Ie, he won't pursue players that verballed to X. That's my take anyway.

wkrq59
04-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Remember. Commited doesn't mean a damned thing to almost every coach. Unless he signs a LOI he is bloody fair game. Seriously. I guarantee you before he left Cincy for Tucson he called both J.D. Weatherspoon and Jordan Latham, told them he'd be happy to have them sign with Arizona and offered them full rides. He more than likely told Kenny Parrom to opt out of his LOI if he could and said he'd find work for him if Xavier blocked his release so he could pay the UA tuition. That's not being nasty on my part. Just a fact of life now.

waggy
04-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Just a fact of life now.

Maybe, but I'll choose to take Sean at his word until he proves otherwise. And for those who are going to jump on that statement given the last few days.. There is a difference in spouting the program mantra, or frankly what has to be said when heading a program like X, and flat out lying. I'd put the chance of any of the players that verballed or signed with X, ever playing for Sean at Arizona at 10%. The bottom line is that if a given player doesn't want to be at X - who the heck wants them anyway? It just doesn't matter.

dc_x
04-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Remember. Commited doesn't mean a damned thing to almost every coach. Unless he signs a LOI he is bloody fair game. Seriously. I guarantee you before he left Cincy for Tucson he called both J.D. Weatherspoon and Jordan Latham, told them he'd be happy to have them sign with Arizona and offered them full rides. He more than likely told Kenny Parrom to opt out of his LOI if he could and said he'd find work for him if Xavier blocked his release so he could pay the UA tuition. That's not being nasty on my part. Just a fact of life now.

Yep, wouldn't surprise me at all to see some combo of Kyryl, Parrom, Latham, and/or Weatherspoon in Tucson. Sean can now offer all of them imediate playing time.

Whitford has already been confirmed as a member of Sean's new staff. Whitford was the lead recruiter for Kyryl and Weatherspoon.

No word on Book. He was the lead for Parrom and Latham.

The one interesting angle is that the 2010 guys (Latham and Weatherspoon) will probably want to see what Kyryl and Parrom decide. If Parrom backs out, that actually puts X in a better situation with Weatherspoon because he would get more playing time as a freshman. Same thing for Latham now that Kyryl has backed out.

The other question is where Book ends up. I'm sure Sean would LOVE to get Book to Tucson, but does that make sense for Book's career?

D-West & PO-Z
04-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Yep, wouldn't surprise me at all to see some combo of Kyryl, Parrom, Latham, and/or Weatherspoon in Tucson. Sean can now offer all of them imediate playing time.

Whitford has already been confirmed as a member of Sean's new staff. Whitford was the lead recruiter for Kyryl and Weatherspoon.

No word on Book. He was the lead for Parrom and Latham.

The one interesting angle is that the 2010 guys (Latham and Weatherspoon) will probably want to see what Kyryl and Parrom decide. If Parrom backs out, that actually puts X in a better situation with Weatherspoon because he would get more playing time as a freshman. Same thing for Latham now that Kyryl has backed out.

The other question is where Book ends up. I'm sure Sean would LOVE to get Book to Tucson, but does that make sense for Book's career?

I think normally this would make sense but not in these types of situations. Good players want to play with other good players and when one sees another decommit or stop considering the school I think he thinks that if the school is no longer good enough for him its not good enough for me either. Or he takes the mindset of I wanted to go there to play with these other really good guys but they arent going to be there now so I'm not going to go.

Verbgravy
04-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Here's a link (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/287983.php) from the AZ daily star.

I guess this guy is heading to the desert one way or another.

Kyryl Natyazhko, a four-star center from Bradenton, Fla., told Rivals.com on Wednesday that Arizona is now in his top-three desired schools.
The Wildcats replaced Xavier, Miller’s old program.
"Sean has already called and said they want to get Kyryl out there," Vince Walden (Vince Walden), Natyazhko’s coach at IMG Academy, told Rivals. “Kyryl is intrigued by the situation. I'm just trying to help him stick with the process and help him remove excess emotion."
Natyazhko, a 6-foot-10-inch, 240-pound senior, is expected to choose between Arizona, Arizona State and Pitt.

MuskieMark
04-09-2009, 02:08 AM
fuck miller and fuck kryl..i really hope he goes somewhere else..sorry for the f bombs im drunk

AviatorX
04-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Here's a link (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/287983.php) from the AZ daily star.

I guess this guy is heading to the desert one way or another.

Kyryl Natyazhko, a four-star center from Bradenton, Fla., told Rivals.com on Wednesday that Arizona is now in his top-three desired schools.
The Wildcats replaced Xavier, Miller’s old program.
"Sean has already called and said they want to get Kyryl out there," Vince Walden (Vince Walden), Natyazhko’s coach at IMG Academy, told Rivals. “Kyryl is intrigued by the situation. I'm just trying to help him stick with the process and help him remove excess emotion."
Natyazhko, a 6-foot-10-inch, 240-pound senior, is expected to choose between Arizona, Arizona State and Pitt.

He'll be a Sun Devil.

ballyhoohoo
04-09-2009, 07:40 AM
I am now a huge ASU fan, and hope Herb lans Kyryl, is Harden staying?

xu drew
04-09-2009, 08:06 AM
I am now a huge ASU fan, and hope Herb lans Kyryl, is Harden staying?

Harden just declared for the draft a day or two ago. i'm not sure if he signed an agent or not though.

gladdenguy
04-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Harden just declared for the draft a day or two ago. i'm not sure if he signed an agent or not though.

He hired an agent. He's gone.

Jweinka
04-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Espn took Kyryl Natyazhko off the concidering list for Xavier, looks like he is going to Arizona, ASU or Pitt.

Cincy Muskie
04-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Best of luck Kyryl. I would go with Sendek if I were you.

toledomuskie
04-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Vince Walden, the high school coach of Kyryl Natyazhko, confirmed via text message this morning that the 6-foot-10 center "will consider" following Sean Miller to Arizona. Natyazhko, considered the country's top uncommitted center, had narrowed his choices to ASU, Xavier, Pittsburgh and Ohio, but ASU and Xavier were considered the frontrunners just last week. Natyazhko has taken four of the five official visits allowed by the NCAA. He averaged 24 points and nine rebounds his senior season at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

Arizona Republic
This is from the truth and rumors on si.com
If this is true it will make me sick to my stomach because it tells me we had a hell of a chance to get him.

golfitup
04-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Wish I could say I'm surprised...

vee4xu
04-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah and Miller will tell the kid he's gonna be in AZ for all four years. Then when Miller leaves for an east coast job in two years because he realizes the magnitude of his bad judgment going to AZ, the kid will be stuck in the desert wth no ride anywhere. Go anywhere else but AZ kid.

danaandvictory
04-09-2009, 11:12 PM
If Miller actually poaches a few of the Parrom/Natyaszko/Weatherspoon/Latham contingent, it further proves that his press conference statements about Arizona and Xavier were complete bullshit.

xu15
04-09-2009, 11:22 PM
If Miller actually poaches a few of the Parrom/Natyaszko/Weatherspoon/Latham contingent, it further proves that his press conference statements about Arizona and Xavier were complete bullshit.

Exactly what Ive been screamin.

DC Muskie
04-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Exactly what Ive been screamin.

I've been screaming it too.

So don't tell me it's not about the money then.

Xman95
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I've been screaming it too.

So don't tell me it's not about the money then.

That entire move was about the money. I think that's why I've been able to get over his leaving a little sooner than I thought I would. I do think Miller liked being at X and really felt he could win it all here. But how can you pass up, as B.Larkin calls it, "set for life money" when it's offered.

I agree with the idea of just saying that's why you left. Everybody would probably understand. There's no need to try to make it about something else which can cause you to accidentally slap your old employer in the face.

When he said it was an opportunity to coach at a school with a chance at the Nat'l Championship, I think it was just Sean trying to make the move about basketball. He was searching for things. It came back to bite him on the X front and he tried to talk his way out of it. I don't think he really believed what he was saying and that's what got him in trouble.

When it comes to basketball, AZ has 25 straight tourney trips. Xavier has 19 in that span. Arizona does have a title, but it was more than 10 years ago. X has two Elite 8's in the last six seasons. The talent he goes to in the desert doesn't compare to what he left behind...and it's young talent in 'nati too. Both schools also seem committed to the programs. It's obvious that the schools are probably even when it comes to hoops, with Xavier possibly slightly better at this point. So that's not why he left.

It's about the money, plain and simple. So just tell us that. Tell us it's a chance to put your family in a position where it should never have a financial worry while you're alive. We'll understand and, after some time to calm down, we'll accept it. Just don't lie and, in the process of spitting out crap you don't even believe, punch us in the gut.

xu15
04-10-2009, 03:53 PM
That entire move was about the money. I think that's why I've been able to get over his leaving a little sooner than I thought I would. I do think Miller liked being at X and really felt he could win it all here. But how can you pass up, as B.Larkin calls it, "set for life money" when it's offered.

I agree with the idea of just saying that's why you left. Everybody would probably understand. There's no need to try to make it about something else which can cause you to accidentally slap your old employer in the face.

When he said it was an opportunity to coach at a school with a chance at the Nat'l Championship, I think it was just Sean trying to make the move about basketball. He was searching for things. It came back to bite him on the X front and he tried to talk his way out of it. I don't think he really believed what he was saying and that's what got him in trouble.

When it comes to basketball, AZ has 25 straight tourney trips. Xavier has 19 in that span. Arizona does have a title, but it was more than 10 years ago. X has two Elite 8's in the last six seasons. The talent he goes to in the desert doesn't compare to what he left behind...and it's young talent in 'nati too. Both schools also seem committed to the programs. It's obvious that the schools are probably even when it comes to hoops, with Xavier possibly slightly better at this point. So that's not why he left.

It's about the money, plain and simple. So just tell us that. Tell us it's a chance to put your family in a position where it should never have a financial worry while you're alive. We'll understand and, after some time to calm down, we'll accept it. Just don't lie and, in the process of spitting out crap you don't even believe, punch us in the gut.

And leave our damn recruits alone.

TheDanimal
04-11-2009, 09:36 AM
I am really not worried whether Kyryl comes to X, as I think he is a bust in the making. Assuming he goes to another school after the Miller fiasco, I am willing to call it a blessing in disguise. It saves us a scholarship which would probably be wasted on an underperforming, overhyped talent. I have been to Bradenton, FL many times, I just do not believe that talent can be judged playing against competition in a town where a late night spot means closing at 9:30pm.

AviatorX
04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
According to Arizona rivals site, Kyryl is a wildcat.

Kind of sucks, pretty apparent he was going to choose Miller (and XU).

replicant21
04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I am really not worried whether Kyryl comes to X, as I think he is a bust in the making. Assuming he goes to another school after the Miller fiasco, I am willing to call it a blessing in disguise. It saves us a scholarship which would probably be wasted on an underperforming, overhyped talent. I have been to Bradenton, FL many times, I just do not believe that talent can be judged playing against competition in a town where a late night spot means closing at 9:30pm.He plays at IMG academy, one of the best academies in the country for producing players in lots of sports, especially tennis and soccer. The IMG academy basketball players are known for not having potentially great upside but have strong fundamentals. He will be a solid 4 year player.

kyxu
04-11-2009, 09:05 PM
According to Arizona rivals site, Kyryl is a wildcat.

Kind of sucks, pretty apparent he was going to choose Miller (and XU).

I don't think he was coming to Xavier, even with Miller here. I think he was an ASU lean, but liked the idea of playing for Sean.

At Zona, he'd get the best of both worlds -- Miller and early playing time.

AviatorX
04-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I don't think he was coming to Xavier, even with Miller here. I think he was an ASU lean, but liked the idea of playing for Sean.

At Zona, he'd get the best of both worlds -- early playing time and Miller.

I guess you're probably right, but we'll never know for sure.

LutherRackleyRulez
04-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Blog notes re: Kyryl commit...

Jeff Goodman - FoxSports.....

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2009/04/11/NEW_ARIZONA_COACH_NABS_TOPRATED_BIG_MAN

ZagsBlog.....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/12/arizonas-miller-adds-coaches-lands-big-man/#more-14876

ford
04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
hopefully since solomon hill just re-committed that will prevent Parrom from following miller too

danaandvictory
04-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Just remember, Miller couldn't win a national title with Natyazhko et al at Xavier, but it'll be a piece of cake at Arizona.

stjamesxu08
04-12-2009, 10:58 PM

At Zona, he'd get the best of both worlds -- Miller and early playing time.

And because he was leaning so strongly to ASU, and Miller and Whitford chartered a flight to Florida a week or so before the Zona fiasco, Miller probably realized that he wanted to play in Arizona...that being said, when the Arizona offer fell into his lap he knew that he could land that kid because he would be playing for Miller and Whitford (a very strong post player coach) and he could play in Arizona....I personally think he wanted to play in Arizona (the state) over playing for Miller, but Miller and Zona were al ittle more appealing than ASU or Xavier...and also note, it didn't take very long for Miller and Zona to land Kryil in the first place