PDA

View Full Version : Carson goes off on Buckeyes

Emp
07-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Woo, this is charged. He's going to need a posse to go out for dinner.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Carson-Palmer-cannot-mask-his-hate-for-you-Buck?urn=nfl,95247

At least this will take Michigan off the front page of the Dispatch sports for awhile. If they are not obsessing about Rodriguez, they actually cover Michigan's new away unis...complete with photo on the front page. I kid you not, it's pathalogical.

D-West & PO-Z
07-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Woo, this is charged. He's going to need a posse to go out for dinner.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Carson-Palmer-cannot-mask-his-hate-for-you-Buck?urn=nfl,95247

At least this will take Michigan off the front page of the Dispatch sports for awhile. If they are not obsessing about Rodriguez, they actually cover Michigan's new away unis...complete with photo on the front page. I kid you not, it's pathalogical.

Anyone who gets mad at Carson for this is a moron. I have heard of people complaining. Shut up.

nuts4xu
07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
If you get mad at what Palmer said, then you need to get a grip. Life is too short to get worked up over a sound bite that was said in good fun.

For the love of Pete, stop taking life so seriously. Smoke a hooter or someting....just mellow out.

Mellow out man.

GoMuskies
07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
I am now a fan of Carson Palmer.

Jumpy
07-22-2008, 04:09 PM
I love that Carson said it. Considering that most eastern Ohio Bucks fans are Steelers fans, that gives them even more reason to hate him after what he said about the Steelers in '05.

Emp
07-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Living in Cols for the past two years has given me a (previously understated) "appreciation" for the kind of college fanaticism that courses through a significant element of OSU supporters. I'd only experienced it in Dayton Arena before now. Not pretty.

boozehound
07-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I love it.

AdamtheFlyer
07-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I bleed Scarlett and Gray football, and I love the comments. Good ol' smack talk.

As for his point, it's regional more than just OSU. SEC fans are just as obnoxious as any fan. Steeler fans are probably worse than all. Cubs fans, too. Packer fans have been known for craziness. ACC hoops fans, heck most of us on this very message board.

The Midwest and South live and breathe sports. LA does not. They have sunshine, beaches, smog, and store bought women to balance things out.

GoMuskies
07-22-2008, 05:12 PM
As for his point, it's regional more than just OSU. SEC fans are just as obnoxious as any fan. Steeler fans are probably worse than all. Cubs fans, too. Packer fans have been known for craziness. ACC hoops fans, heck most of us on this very message board.

OSU football fans may not be the worst, but they're on the list as far as college sports go. Kentucky basketball fans are pretty unbearable. Florida football fans are horrific. To me, that's the undisputed top three.

(West Virginia fans would make the list, too, but their act is more ignorant hillbilly than obnoxiousness)

X-band '01
07-22-2008, 05:45 PM
If Carson Palmer were the Browns' starting QB and he said that about tOA&M, he'd be in more hot water than he supposedly is right now.

Juice
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
The OSU fans that got mad confirmed everyone's view of them. So not only do I agree with Carson, I am glad he exposed the fanbase. OSU fans are idiots, and the smart,civil ones are the exception.

D-West & PO-Z
07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm just glad I live in Cincy and not Columbus or Cleveland because it isnt nearly as bad here with the fans. I dont feel like it OSU is that big here in cincy thank god. There is coverage of the Buckeyes and Buckeye fans but nothing as bad as many other parts of Ohio.

xubball93
07-23-2008, 05:02 AM
I hate OSU and their fans.

PM Thor
07-23-2008, 07:52 AM
I am an OSU football fan, but I love it. Carson stands up for his university. I respect that. Hell, I am the same way. I get blasted constantly by UC fans, but I always come back at them. What else should he have done?

xu95
07-23-2008, 08:02 AM
SEC fans are just as obnoxious as any fan.

ROLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!

xu95

DC Muskie
07-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Carson basically said he is sick of people being passionate about their team. Wow, he must LOVE playing for the Bengals. He never has to worry about that!

Juice
07-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Carson basically said he is sick of people being passionate about their team. Wow, he must LOVE playing for the Bengals. He never has to worry about that!

No I think he was sick of people being annoying about their team which OSU is certainly guilty of.

DC Muskie
07-23-2008, 11:43 AM
No I think he was sick of people being annoying about their team which OSU is certainly guilty of.

That's soooo annoying. Gosh darn it, sports suck.

Smails
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM

You might want to look at attendance numbers...Bengals fans are a misguided bunch, but we definitely don't lack passion.

Carson Palmer is a genius

DC Muskie
07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
You might want to look at attendance numbers...Bengals fans are a misguided bunch, but we definitely don't lack passion.

Carson Palmer is a genius

Huh? Your attendance is up? Wow. I've run into some real "passionate" Bengals fans in my days. When I think of passionate fans, the first place I think of, is Cincinnati. And the Bengals. Who Dey! ARRRRRRRRRGGGG...

Carson Palmer is a moron.

Smails
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Huh? Your attendance is up? Wow. I've run into some real "passionate" Bengals fans in my days. When I think of passionate fans, the first place I think of, is Cincinnati. And the Bengals. Who Dey! ARRRRRRRRRGGGG...

Carson Palmer is a moron.

Well YOU are deinitely a person I would look to when gauging the collective passion of Bengals fans..after all you have always been very objecive in your views of all things Cincinnati sans XU. Such a lover of the queen city you are.

You live in DC, are from Cleveland and hate Ohio...perfect qualifications for casting judgement on all Bengals fans. When I think of a person with a pulse on the passion of Cincinnati fans, the first person I think of is....David Charles Muskie.

You wish you were Carson Palmer

Juice
07-23-2008, 03:11 PM
That's soooo annoying. Gosh darn it, sports suck.

I meant annoying about how they pretend that OSU is the only football school in the country. Annoying in the way that they want to start fights with anyone in a bar that does not like OSU. Annoying in a way that they want to yell at anyone from Ohio who does not support OSU. Annoying in a way that two fat slobs who were too stupid to attend OSU but were obviously northeast Ohio redneck OSU fans called me and my friends a bunch of "pussies" because XU did not have a football team. They are uncouth morons.

That is annoying and I think that is the attitude that Carson is referring to. If not, then that is why I hate OSU fans.

DC Muskie
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Well YOU are deinitely a person I would look to when gauging the collective passion of Bengals fans..after all you have always been very objecive in your views of all things Cincinnati sans XU. Such a lover of the queen city you are.

You live in DC, are from Cleveland and hate Ohio...perfect qualifications for casting judgement on all Bengals fans. When I think of a person with a pulse on the passion of Cincinnati fans, the first person I think of is....David Charles Muskie.

You wish you were Carson Palmer

If Cincinnati people were half as passionate about the Bengals, as they are say about...

Skyline
Graeters
Montgomery Inn
LaRossa

...the Bengals would be the premier franchise in the league. You'd think everything made in Cincinnati came from the tit of Mary herself. The Bengals, are a passing interest.

Sincerely,
David Charles.

vee4xu
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Go Browns! Training camp opened up in Berea today.

p.s. - DC is loyal to the Browns and Tribe and if memory serves me correctly, he even has some good things to say about OSU football. Certainly not cut of the cloth of a Bengals fan.

PM Thor
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
"A passing interest" DC, really? Is that why the Bengals season has sold out now for multiple years, five straight I believe, and there is a waiting list?

This town loves the Bengals during the season. Hell, we all know they suck, but we still flock to the stadium every chance we get. Could you imagine how Cincinnati would react if we ACTUALLY had a good team? This town is passionate about the Bengals, even when they stink. I don't know why, but we are. Gluttons for punishment I guess.

nuts4xu
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
WHO DEY BITCHES!!!

http://img.fannation.com/upload/featured_column/photo_upload/681/full/Bengals-Browns-Football.jpg

AdamtheFlyer
07-23-2008, 08:08 PM
"A passing interest" DC, really? Is that why the Bengals season has sold out now for multiple years, five straight I believe, and there is a waiting list?

This town loves the Bengals during the season. Hell, we all know they suck, but we still flock to the stadium every chance we get. Could you imagine how Cincinnati would react if we ACTUALLY had a good team? This town is passionate about the Bengals, even when they stink. I don't know why, but we are. Gluttons for punishment I guess.

Wisdom.

2005 was a fun year for us, until he who shall not be named went knee hunting.

D-West & PO-Z
07-23-2008, 09:30 PM

No, hes probably getting sick of the fans acting like their team is the greatest ever even when they continue to get smacked by the SEC every year. They have the absolute easiest road to the Championship every year because they are in the Big 10 and then their true colors are shown when they get the championship game. I love that USC gets to lay the smackdown on them in Week 2 this year.

Good email on Jim Rome radio show today:

Dear Ohio State,

Carson Palmer doesnt like you? Its ok we still do.

Sincerely,

The SEC.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 07:25 AM
No, hes probably getting sick of the fans acting like their team is the greatest ever even when they continue to get smacked by the SEC every year. They have the absolute easiest road to the Championship every year because they are in the Big 10 and then their true colors are shown when they get the championship game. I love that USC gets to lay the smackdown on them in Week 2 this year.

Good email on Jim Rome radio show today:

Dear Ohio State,

Carson Palmer doesnt like you? Its ok we still do.

Sincerely,

The SEC.

Seriously, Rome? He's been doing that played out email bs for at least a new decade.

Dear Rome-

Get some new material.

Sincerely,

Your life.

Smails
07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
If Cincinnati people were half as passionate about the Bengals, as they are say about...

Skyline
Graeters
Montgomery Inn
LaRossa

...the Bengals would be the premier franchise in the league. You'd think everything made in Cincinnati came from the tit of Mary herself. The Bengals, are a passing interest.

Sincerely,
David Charles.

Clever...but not exactly an accurate comparison. You see David, the aforementioned eateries are good...and have been for a long time(with the exception of LaRosas for me). So it shows no real passion when Cincinnatians visit said eateries...it's simply a matter of taste. Now the Bengals on the other hand have not been good for a long time, yet us Queen City simpletons still flock to see them play and hold out hope for that breakthrough season. Accuse Cincinnati fans of being blindly optimistic, nonsensibly loyal, and over zealous..and I'll agree. Lacking passion?....Not a chance

Oh and BTW, being proud of original hometown food is hardly a quality centric to Cincinnati. See Chicago, New York, Kansas City, New Orleans and others for examples. I'm sure there is a food in DC that they're proud of.....crack maybe?

xu95
07-24-2008, 08:11 AM
I am actually glad to see OSU make it to the championship game against an SEC team. It guarantees that the SEC will win the championship again.

Fuck OSU.

xu95

D-West & PO-Z
07-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Seriously, Rome? He's been doing that played out email bs for at least a new decade.

Dear Rome-

Get some new material.

Sincerely,

Your life.

Why would you get rid of something your listeners love? That would make sense. The listeners love sending in emails and hearing them. God Rome is a moron giving his listeners what they want to hear.

OSU fans are terribly obnoxious and cocky especially for a team that has shown it cant win against the best competition for the last couple of years. Not only not win, but not even compete. Are there other annoying fans in across the country? Sure. However I am in Ohio as is Palmer and those are the jackasses we have to deal with so thats who we will continue to put in their place.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Clever...but not exactly an accurate comparison. You see David, the aforementioned eateries are good...and have been for a long time(with the exception of LaRosas for me). So it shows no real passion when Cincinnatians visit said eateries...it's simply a matter of taste. Now the Bengals on the other hand have not been good for a long time, yet us Queen City simpletons still flock to see them play and hold out hope for that breakthrough season. Accuse Cincinnati fans of being blindly optimistic, nonsensibly loyal, and over zealous..and I'll agree. Lacking passion?....Not a chance

Oh and BTW, being proud of original hometown food is hardly a quality centric to Cincinnati. See Chicago, New York, Kansas City, New Orleans and others for examples. I'm sure there is a food in DC that they're proud of.....crack maybe?

I'm sorry, maybe a few more people show up at games since PBS was built, but I was in Cincinnati during the David Shula era and there wasn't anybody at those games. There is never year long talk of the Bengals when I turn 700 or other sports talk radio when I roll into town. But good for you guys, flocking to a team that sucks. Truly passionate.

As for Cincinnati food, trust me when I say this...all of it is highly overrated. I'm not sure there is another city that boasts that they occupy the best ice cream, ribs, chili, pizza around. Man that some cluster of foods right there.

As for DC, we have nothing. Good Mexican food, which I love...but no good pizza, cheese steaks...the only thing we got, and it's really more Baltimore is crabs...the sea creature, not Billy's friend.

D-West & PO-Z
07-24-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry, maybe a few more people show up at games since PBS was built, but I was in Cincinnati during the David Shula era and there wasn't anybody at those games. There is never year long talk of the Bengals when I turn 700 or other sports talk radio when I roll into town. But good for you guys, flocking to a team that sucks. Truly passionate.

As for Cincinnati food, trust me when I say this...all of it is highly overrated. I'm not sure there is another city that boasts that they occupy the best ice cream, ribs, chili, pizza around. Man that some cluster of foods right there.

As for DC, we have nothing. Good Mexican food, which I love...but no good pizza, cheese steaks...the only thing we got, and it's really more Baltimore is crabs...the sea creature, not Billy's friend.

I dont think anyone would argue Cincinnati has the best pizza, just a good hometown pizza. As for the other three, like it or not, they have all been highly regarded not only by Cincinnatians, but national newspapers such as USA Today. I have friends in St. Louis who beg me to bring back Montgomery Inn sauce and cans of Skyline Chili. My girlfriend is from Indy and she tried Greaters for the first time this summer and while they have a very famous ice cream place in Indy she has called the Black Raspberry Chip at Greaters the best icecream she has ever had.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 09:32 AM
I am actually glad to see OSU make it to the championship game against an SEC team. It guarantees that the SEC not named Alabama will win the championship again.

Fuck OSU.

xu95

I just wanted to make sure you had the correct quote.

Also, this is what I love about SEC fans. Man do they have some great rivalries, but they throw those things out the window when it comes to conference affiliation. Which has to be the dumbest ass thing in all of sports. But then again, it's the South, home of the Confederacy, so I can see why they do this.

Seriously, out here in David Charles, we get alumni from all over...It is hilarious to watch Georgia fans cheer for Florida to win the NC. Once, I dated a girl who was a big Bama fan, and she would tell me she would root for Auburn if they had a chance to win the NC. Seriously. Likes weeks after Auburn beat them in the Iron Bowl, this HUGE Bama fan would saddle up to the TV and root for the Tigers. Yell out "WAR EAGLE!" is she had a chance.

Say what you will about OSU fans, but we don't get caught up in what the rest of the conference is doing. Michigan could be playing the Taliban, and I would hope for a missile to land in the middle of both of them.

D-West & PO-Z
07-24-2008, 09:40 AM

Also, this is what I love about SEC fans. Man do they have some great rivalries, but they throw those things out the window when it comes to conference affiliation. Which has to be the dumbest ass thing in all of sports. But then again, it's the South, home of the Confederacy, so I can see why they do this.

Seriously, out here in David Charles, we get alumni from all over...It is hilarious to watch Georgia fans cheer for Florida to win the NC. Once, I dated a girl who was a big Bama fan, and she would tell me she would root for Auburn if they had a chance to win the NC. Seriously. Likes weeks after Auburn beat them in the Iron Bowl, this HUGE Bama fan would saddle up to the TV and root for the Tigers. Yell out "WAR EAGLE!" is she had a chance.

Say what you will about OSU fans, but we don't get caught up in what the rest of the conference is doing. Michigan could be playing the Taliban, and I would hope for a missile to land in the middle of both of them.

Yes because that would just cause you to root for more losing. The Big Ten was 3-5 last year in bowl games. The big winners were Purdue, Penn State, and Michigan. Only twon of those wins came gainst BCS schools one of which was Florida which was a very good win for Michigan, but Penn State beat Texas A&M not exactly notable. Purdue won on a game winning field goal to beat mighty Central Michigan.

Face it, the Big 10 is terrible. I wouldnt want to root for more losers either.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Why would you get rid of something your listeners love? That would make sense. The listeners love sending in emails and hearing them. God Rome is a moron giving his listeners what they want to hear.

Obviously it works for him. I just think it's played out. Much like Rome shtick of acting like a bad ass in "the Jungle" with his "Clones" then ass kissing every guess on his show.

OSU fans are terribly obnoxious and cocky especially for a team that has shown it cant win against the best competition for the last couple of years. Not only not win, but not even compete. Are there other annoying fans in across the country? Sure. However I am in Ohio as is Palmer and those are the jackasses we have to deal with so thats who we will continue to put in their place.

Can't argue with what they have done on the field. Both before the National Champion and during. Most teams would love to have that record. But yes, OSU fans are obnoxious. And it's great.

Smails
07-24-2008, 09:46 AM

We'll leave Bill'y rash out of this. Interesting take, beacuse some of the biggest complaints I hear on talk radio in this town revolve around the Bengals dominating the airwaves. Some of the biggest conversations in recent years revolve around whether Cincinnati has turned or is turning into more of a Bengals town than a Reds town.

"As for Cincinnati food, trust me when I say this...all of it is highly overrated."

-Once again, the whole 'consider the source' factor comes into play when I look at a comment like that. Nothing like arguing about personal taste to validate the uselessness of these conversations:

Cincinnati loyalist: Skyline is great
Cincinnati and midwest hater: It's overrated
Cincinnati loyalist: Well I like it
Cincinnati and midwest hater: My opinion is more valid than yours
Loyalist: Why
Hater: Because it's mine...trust me

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Yes because that would just cause you to root for more losing. The Big Ten was 3-5 last year in bowl games. The big winners were Purdue, Penn State, and Michigan. Only twon of those wins came gainst BCS schools one of which was Florida which was a very good win for Michigan, but Penn State beat Texas A&M not exactly notable. Purdue won on a game winning field goal to beat mighty Central Michigan.

Face it, the Big 10 is terrible. I wouldnt want to root for more losers either.

Seriously. So you would root for Dayton then in NIT? GOOOO FLYERS! GO A-10!

That's the best you can come up with?

I don't want to hear about how great a "Rivalry" is when that "Rivalry" doesn't mean squat when the teams aren't playing.

Just means you root for the team that beat your ass. Great, you and the rest of the Big Ten are a bunch of losers. Sweet!

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 09:50 AM
-Once again, the whole 'consider the source' factor comes into play when I look at a comment like that. Nothing like arguing about personal taste to validate the uselessness of these conversations:

Cincinnati loyalist: Skyline is great
Cincinnati and midwest hater: It's overrated
Cincinnati loyalist: Well I like it
Cincinnati and midwest hater: My opinion is more valid than yours
Loyalist: Why
Hater: Because it's mine...trust me

Great, now that we understand each other...we can move forward together.

I like parts of the Midwest.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I dont think anyone would argue Cincinnati has the best pizza, just a good hometown pizza.

See, this is what I am talking about. LaRossa's is crap. Out here, we have crappy pizza, but I don't go around and say, man Ledo's is some great hometown pizza.

You guys are four hours away from Chicago. That's pizza. Build a chicago pizza chain in that town and leave the cheese over the pepperoni alone.

As for the other three, like it or not, they have all been highly regarded not only by Cincinnatians, but national newspapers such as USA Today.

The coloring book of newspapers. Sweet!

I have friends in St. Louis who beg me to bring back Montgomery Inn sauce and cans of Skyline Chili

What can I say, your friends have poor taste. Take them to the Hitching Post in Kentucky, they will forget all about Montgomery Inn.

Black Raspberry Chip at Greaters the best icecream she has ever had.

I have heard this as well. I need to try it out next time I am in town.

Smails
07-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Also..any die hard fan is going to be a little obnoxious by nature. The degree to which is always debatable, but to say that OSU fans are more clownish than SEC fans is not only unprovable, but useless. I don't like OSU, but I do find it interesting that we have one school taking on an entire conference in these arguments. WHy does it have to be OSU versus the SEC and not OSU versus Alabama. I guess you argure ther merits of the conference when your team is not a factor.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 09:59 AM
I guess you argure ther merits of the conference when your team is not a factor.

Exactly.

I don't see Baltimore fans cheering for the Red Sox for winning the WS. And that's even close to being a rivalry.

Billy
07-24-2008, 09:59 AM

What can I say? After having them for 15 years, a man gets used to them.

Theeeyyyy maaaake great pets...THEY MAKE GREAT PETS!

(If you didn't like "Porno for Pyros", I don't want to know you.)

D-West & PO-Z
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Seriously. So you would root for Dayton then in NIT? GOOOO FLYERS! GO A-10!

That's the best you can come up with?

I don't want to hear about how great a "Rivalry" is when that "Rivalry" doesn't mean squat when the teams aren't playing.

Just means you root for the team that beat your ass. Great, you and the rest of the Big Ten are a bunch of losers. Sweet!

I actually do root for UD in every game they arent playing us. Makes XU look better. I woudl love nothing more than for UD to become a prominent program. The only team that XU has a rivalry with that I usually never cheer for is UC.

Also when I was at the Final 4 in 2005 in St. Louis every Michigan State fan there was cheering for Illinois before and after Michigan State lost. So lets not pretend this is only an SEC thing. Just another attempt by a bitter OSU fan to try and discredit the SEC I guess.

Billy
07-24-2008, 10:07 AM
See, this is what I am talking about. LaRossa's is crap. Out here, we have crappy pizza, but I don't go around and say, man Ledo's is some great hometown pizza.

You guys are four hours away from Chicago. That's pizza. Build a chicago pizza chain in that town and leave the cheese over the pepperoni alone.

1.) I live in Chicago, and I can testify that most of the local places I order from do, in fact, put the pepperoni underneath the cheese...even on the thin crust varieties.

2.) LaRosa's is pretty far from crap in my book, mostly because their sauce is so unique. Not to mention that their garlic bread is completely ridiculous. Best I've ever had.

3.) Montgomery Inn is probably the most overrated Cincy food product. Good, but nothing special.

4.) Palmer's OSU rant was pure gold.

D-West & PO-Z
07-24-2008, 10:07 AM

The coloring book of newspapers. Sweet!

What can I say, your friends have poor taste. Take them to the Hitching Post in Kentucky, they will forget all about Montgomery Inn.

I have heard this as well. I need to try it out next time I am in town.

I love LaRosas, think I might get it today.:D

Been to the Hitching Post. Not a fan. At least not when compared to Montgomery INN.

I will say though Rendezvous in Memphis is an absolutely great bbq place. Their sauce and chicken and ribs were very very good and I could see an argument to be made for them being as good or better than Montgomery INN.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Just another attempt by a bitter OSU fan to try and discredit the SEC I guess.

Bitter? Now we are throwing out words there?

I'm pointing out how stupid it is for fans of teams that placed below first in their conference cheering for the team that beat them in their conference for a title game. Think UCLA fans were happy for those USC championships? What about Oklahoma?

As for your Final Four reference, what can I say? St. Louis is filled with people that enjoy ribs from Cincinnati and cheering for conference foe. Of course in that case, MSU didn't lose out to Illinois for the championship game.

You listen to Rome.
You like LaRossa's pizza
You cheer for Dayton.
You visit St. Louis waaaay too much.

These are the first things you should discuss with your therapist.

Trying to be helpful.

Smails
07-24-2008, 10:09 AM
"I actually do root for UD in every game they arent playing us"

JUDAS!

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Been to the Hitching Post. Not a fan. At least not when compared to Montgomery INN.

BOOOOOOO!!!!!

Billy
07-24-2008, 10:13 AM
BOOOOOOO!!!!!

I boo that as well. Walt's is strong. Strong shit, indeed.

D-West & PO-Z
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Bitter? Now we are throwing out words there?

I'm pointing out how stupid it is for fans of teams that placed below first in their conference cheering for the team that beat them in their conference for a title game. Think UCLA fans were happy for those USC championships? What about Oklahoma?

As for your Final Four reference, what can I say? St. Louis is filled with people that enjoy ribs from Cincinnati and cheering for conference foe. Of course in that case, MSU didn't lose out to Illinois for the championship game.

You listen to Rome.
You like LaRossa's pizza
You cheer for Dayton.
You visit St. Louis waaaay too much.

These are the first things you should discuss with your therapist.

Trying to be helpful.

I go to school in St. Louis. And thank you for the advice. Know a good therapist?

D-West & PO-Z
07-24-2008, 10:30 AM
"I actually do root for UD in every game they arent playing us"

JUDAS!

I am in the camp that believes UD being good is good for XU. I root fro all A10 teams when they are playing teams outside of the conference it reflects well on the A10 if they win and then in turn reflects well on XU. I dont hate UD never have. I have been in heated arguments with their fans at UD arena before ad I think their fans are jackasses, but overall I have never felt that deep hatred towards them as I have towards UC. UC is a team I will never root for regardless.

Billy
07-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I go to school in St. Louis.

On purpose?

D-West & PO-Z
07-24-2008, 10:47 AM
On purpose?

Yep. Why the hate for St. Louis? Are you a Cubs fan Billy?

Billy
07-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Yep. Why the hate for St. Louis? Are you a Cubs fan Billy?

I don't hate it as much as Matt Vasgersian.

As one of the ozarks finest pours himself out of the grandstands. And by the way the Rams should still be in L.A. I've had it with this place already. Get back in your el camino and drive back to the ozarks. I'm done with this place...Im so tired of losing here. Its hotter than shit.

xu95
07-24-2008, 12:21 PM

Alabama will win a national championship again sooner than you would like them to.

I am going to sound very Daytonesque here, but Alabama has won 12 national championships in football. At last count that was double what the Suckeyes have won.

xu95

The Artist
07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Why I'm glad to not be an OSU fan.

Cheering for their own team is so unsatisfying and so unfulfilling they have to spend their energy cheering against other teams.

I was at an OSU/Purdue home game on a day when Michigan lost to Michigan State. The announcement of the Michigan loss was the loudest the stadium got all day, and OSU kicked a game winning field goal with about 90 seconds left.

I was at a Michigan/Michigan State game when OSU was playing Illinois. There was no announcement of an OSU loss, they just showed the final score on the scoreboard...not a peep.

Emp
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Where did my thread go? We're in midseason hijack form!

OK if Cinci food is the hijack topic du jour...

Good regional pizza? Surely you aren't talking about LaHrossa's? Omg, its the worst. Mass-produced cardboard crust. Now if you are talking Adriatico, you might have a point about having a good regional product.

I love Graeters double choc chip, but as a body of work, its only the third best ice cream in Columbus, french pot methode notwithstanding.

Montgomery Inn has a rep only because its sweet and civilized and it stands out in a wasteland of the ribs landscape. Out of business in six months anywhere south of M-D line.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Know a good therapist?

I do...but she is in David Charles.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I am going to sound very Daytonesque here, but Alabama has won 12 national championships in football. At last count that was double what the Suckeyes have won.

xu95

You got that Alabama math going for you. Try again.

1992 was a great year. You were still in college.

DC Muskie
07-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I was at a Michigan/Michigan State game when OSU was playing Illinois. There was no announcement of an OSU loss, they just showed the final score on the scoreboard...not a peep.

Probably because they are smart enough to realize that losing to Illinois is not as bad as losing at home to Appalachian State.

Chicago Muskie
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
As one of the ozarks finest pours himself out of the grandstands. And by the way the Rams should still be in L.A. I've had it with this place already. Get back in your el camino and drive back to the ozarks. I'm done with this place...Im so tired of losing here. Its hotter than shit.

That's what I hear at every Cubs V. Cards game at Wrigley. As soon as they realize I am a Cards fan, some no tooth, tank top wearing, hoosier from some God awful Chicago suburb calls me a redneck and tells me to drive back to St. Louis in my pickup. Then I see them passed out on the curb in front of the worst bars wrigleyville has to offer after the game. Don't let the hot girls fool you, wrigley is full of trash.

And you should see what White Sox fans are like. One word: Inbred.

Billy
07-24-2008, 03:59 PM

That's what I hear at every Cubs V. Cards game at Wrigley. As soon as they realize I am a Cards fan, some no tooth, tank top wearing, hoosier from some God awful Chicago suburb calls me a redneck and tells me to drive back to St. Louis in my pickup. Then I see them passed out on the curb in front of the worst bars wrigleyville has to offer after the game. Don't let the hot girls fool you, wrigley is full of trash.

And you should see what White Sox fans are like. One word: Inbred.

We think you're simpletons...and you think we don't watch the game.

We both agree on White Sox fans.

The Artist
07-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Probably because they are smart enough to realize that losing to Illinois is not as bad as losing at home to Appalachian State.

Um, thanks for missing my point and proving it at the same time? I guess?

It was about 5-6 years ago, so I doubt the App State game was taken into account. I guess I can't truly say for sure though.

xsteve1
07-24-2008, 09:44 PM
I just ordered my USC hat. I hate the Buckeyes...

Juice
07-24-2008, 10:09 PM
For everyone who lives in Ohio and hates OSU, how many times have you been asked, "but you live in Ohio. How could you hate OSU? You have to like the team of your home state."

If I hear that one more time I am going to kill 32 babies.

MADXSTER
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
For everyone who lives in Ohio and hates OSU, how many times have you been asked, "but you live in Ohio. How could you hate OSU? You have to like the team of your home state."

If I hear that one more time I am going to kill 32 babies.

Juice, it's time to go back to your happy place.

xu95
07-25-2008, 07:57 AM
You got that Alabama math going for you. Try again.

1992 was a great year. You were still in college.

1992 was a great year. Hopefully a year like it will happen again soon. THan I can crow about Alabama's 13 national championships to OSU's what, 7?

I guess for your team it was a good thing the refs called that non-foul on Miami on fourth down.

xu95

DC Muskie
07-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Um, thanks for missing my point and proving it at the same time? I guess?

It was about 5-6 years ago, so I doubt the App State game was taken into account. I guess I can't truly say for sure though.

What was your point?

I was at an OSU/Purdue home game on a day when Michigan lost to Michigan State. The announcement of the Michigan loss was the loudest the stadium got all day, and OSU kicked a game winning field goal with about 90 seconds left.

Maybe this happened like a decade ago...because it certainly didn't happen since 2000.

Ohio State beat Purdue in 2003 in overtime by a field goal. Maybe the rules were different back then, but I don't think there was 90 seconds left in the game. That game was played on November 15th.

Also, in 2003, Michigan actually beat Michigan State. On the same day you were witnessing Ohio State fans going ape shit on Michigan's loss, Michigan was actually beating Northwestern 41-10. They beat the Spartans on November 1st.

By the way, Illinois has only beaten OSU twice since 2001. Both times were on different weeks when Michigan and Michigan State were playing.

So I'm not sure your, ummm, recollection of those dates are correct. I guess? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they were putting up scores of other sports. Maybe you were distracted by how glad you are not an OSU football fan. Just a shot in the dark.

DC Muskie
07-25-2008, 08:29 AM
1992 was a great year. Hopefully a year like it will happen again soon. THan I can crow about Alabama's 13 national championships to OSU's what, 7?

I guess for your team it was a good thing the refs called that non-foul on Miami on fourth down.

xu95

Always remember 7. Like 7 national championships. 7 Heisman trophy winners.

Seriously Dayton fan, Alabama was awesome before World War II. You are ND were really fighting it out back then.

Which will come first. Bama's first Heisman winner? Or next NC?

The Artist
07-25-2008, 10:30 AM
What was your point?

Maybe this happened like a decade ago...because it certainly didn't happen since 2000.

Ohio State beat Purdue in 2003 in overtime by a field goal. Maybe the rules were different back then, but I don't think there was 90 seconds left in the game. That game was played on November 15th.

Also, in 2003, Michigan actually beat Michigan State. On the same day you were witnessing Ohio State fans going ape shit on Michigan's loss, Michigan was actually beating Northwestern 41-10. They beat the Spartans on November 1st.

By the way, Illinois has only beaten OSU twice since 2001. Both times were on different weeks when Michigan and Michigan State were playing.

So I'm not sure your, ummm, recollection of those dates are correct. I guess? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they were putting up scores of other sports. Maybe you were distracted by how glad you are not an OSU football fan. Just a shot in the dark.

The Michigan/Michigan State and OSU/Purdue games were the same exact day that Todd Pratt hit a home run to beat the Diamondbacks in the NLDS. The ball BARELY went over the center field wall. In fact, at first it looked like Steve Finley caught it, but then when he looked in his glove, the dejected look on his face showed that he didn't. It was also raining and we were 1 row from being under the overhang and being completely dry. Plaxico was still at MSU. MSU jumped out to a big lead, UM came back to tie it (or at least cut it to within one possession) and then MSU pulled it out. The game was at MSU. Clearly I'm making all this up.

The OSU loss happened in 2001 because I remember having eye surgery and going to the Michigan game the next day without being able to see. I'm pretty sure it was Michigan State they were playing, but I've been to several Michigan games. If you're so focused on the opponents, which has absolutely zero effect on what we're arguing, then I thank you for conceding. My point had nothing to do with the opponents.

When you can't win, change the point!

Edit for the 90 seconds comment: You're really a piece of work. My point was that Ohio State kicked a game winning field goal. Again, if you're choosing to focus on whether it was in OT or the final seconds of regulation, thank you for another symbolic concession.

Maybe I should make my posts like this just for you:

Point 1: I was at an Ohio State game that had a very exciting ending. The stadium was louder when a Michigan loss was announced than when Ohio State won.

Point 2: I was at a Michigan game when Ohio State lost. Nobody cared.

Something tells me that wouldn't have been good enough for you either.

xu95
07-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Always remember 7. Like 7 national championships. 7 Heisman trophy winners.

Seriously Dayton fan, Alabama was awesome before World War II. You are ND were really fighting it out back then.

Which will come first. Bama's first Heisman winner? Or next NC?

And OSU is awesome as long as they don't have to play games against the REAL football conference.

I love how you talk about how awesome Alabama was before WWII and then you like to talk about OSUs 7 National Championships (which by doing a quick google search came in 1942, 1954, 1957, 1961, 1968, 1970, 2002) but you make fun of Alabama's 12 National Championships which came in 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, and 1992. I guess it is a good thing that the refs called that invisible foul against Miami on 4th down or else OSU would be very Daytonesque talking about the glory days of 1970.

I just love getting you riled up.

xu95

DC Muskie
07-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Maybe I should make my posts like this just for you:

Point 1: I was at an Ohio State game that had a very exciting ending. The stadium was louder when a Michigan loss was announced than when Ohio State won.

Point 2: I was at a Michigan game when Ohio State lost. Nobody cared.

Something tells me that wouldn't have been good enough for you either.

Yeah, actually this is much better. Just get to the stupid point about OSU fans hate Michigan more then Michigan hates OSU. It's the only thing you ever bring up. I look forward to this point the next time the two teams play. I was curious about your time line, and proved correct.

DC Muskie
07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
And OSU is awesome as long as they don't have to play games against the REAL football conference.

I love how you talk about how awesome Alabama was before WWII and then you like to talk about OSUs 7 National Championships (which by doing a quick google search came in 1942, 1954, 1957, 1961, 1968, 1970, 2002) but you make fun of Alabama's 12 National Championships which came in 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, and 1992. I guess it is a good thing that the refs called that invisible foul against Miami on 4th down or else OSU would be very Daytonesque talking about the glory days of 1970.

I just love getting you riled up.

xu95

Sweet. OSU has six NC since WWII and Bama has seven. Awesome. It's a good thing Bama won before Bill Clinton took office, or they would be talking about the glory years of Bear Bryant.

Oh wait, they still do.

Juice
07-27-2008, 10:40 AM
This person is from Zainesvill so that should say enough but here is his take on Carson: http://zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080727/SPORTS/807270327/1006

Think this moron is a tad sensitive?

D-West & PO-Z
07-27-2008, 10:56 AM
This person is from Zainesvill so that should say enough but here is his take on Carson: http://zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080727/SPORTS/807270327/1006

Oh My God.

DC Muskie
07-28-2008, 07:47 AM

Wow.

I love Zanesville. Actually that's not true, I love the name "Zanesville."

Emp
07-30-2008, 01:52 PM

Which will bring us back full circle. The Zane Dame is off her frickin rocker. And it is entirely symptomatic of the perversion of sports into THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

College team rivalries should not become religious wars, irrational and artificial hate fests. College games should not become what they have in significant part, insult and cursing contests, beer-fueled punch ups among full fledged adults.

halcyon.days.of.Carter
07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
The great thing about this is these comments will win Carson favor in 49 of the Union's 50 states.

The bad news? That one state is also the one he plays it.

Wake up OSU fans - the rest of the country hates you.

Kahns Krazy
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
I like Larosas. I don't think it's the best pizza I've ever had, but I like it.
I like Graeters. I'm a little worried that the current management is so focused on increasing distribution. It's hard to maintain product integrity when maxing out manufacturing capacity.
I like Montgomery Inn sauce. I also like other kinds of sauce. I'm not a huge fan of the ribs, which I consider overcooked, but I'll still eat them. They have fantastic pork chops. I prefer the ribs at Walts, though my last trip there - about 4 or 5 months back, was suprisingly bad. That salty grilled rye bread is one of the best things on the freaking planet.
I like skyline. It's not culinary genius, but it is some damn tasty shiat.

Juice
07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I dont know if anyone watches No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain (sp?) on the Travel Channel but the first place he ate in the Cleveland episode was Skyline. The guy he went with hated it but Anthony liked it a lot. 1) The one guy was from Cleveland and hated it while Bourdain is from New York I believe and loved it. 2) Bourdain read the menu and mentioned that Skyline was from Cincinnati but overall the show made it seem like Skyline was more of an Ohio thing.

I just was wondering if anyone saw that since we are talking Cincinnati stuff.