PDA

View Full Version : General Question

DoubleD86
07-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Ok, so with the addition of Jordan Crawford (I go to school in Indiana and saw him play often. I am very excited to have him a part of Xavier!) what does that leave XU in terms of scholarships for 2009?

I think there are two left but I am not sure so one of you smart people, please let me know!

dc_x
07-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Raymond and Anderson will graduate, so 2 scholarships will open up. 1 of those scholarships is supposedly tagged to go back to Andrew Taylor. That leaves 1 scholarship for an incoming freshman.

xu95
07-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Currently their is one scholorship, but I would be VERY surprised if we only have one scholorship to use. It wouldn't surprise me if we have as many as three to use.

xu95

DoubleD86
07-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Thank you very much. I thought I had counted two but saw some talking of one. Did not put together the fact that Taylor would be getting it back.

Here's hoping to a big splash with someone like Stewart or Parrom soon!

Juice
07-24-2008, 08:21 PM
This is unrelated to this thread but it seems like we are recruiting a lot of guys from Georgia? Is there some reason or just coincidence?

MADXSTER
07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Georgia is the hotbed for 09' recruits. Ohio will come back pretty strong for 10'

xu95
07-25-2008, 07:53 AM
This is unrelated to this thread but it seems like we are recruiting a lot of guys from Georgia? Is there some reason or just coincidence?
ATLMuskie will be the next hire on this basketball team. He has mad recruiting skills.

xu95

xufan02
07-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Since the 2009 class in Ohio was on the weaker side, Xavier has been recruiting hard in the NYC area and GA.

Book was brought in because of his relationships in the NYC/MD area ,and is getting Xavier in with a lot of recruits they have not had ties with in the past. So far Terrell Holloway is the only recruit that Book has landed, but I think the 2010 and 2011 class we will see an east coast influx.

GA always is a great area for talent, but Xavier has yet to land anyone from the area. Getting Ari Stewart would help establish a pipeline in GA.

I like how Xavier is recruiting three talent rich areas, NYC/MD area, OH/IN/KY/MI, and GA. That will allow us to go elsewhere if the talent is not as rich in one area in a given year.

MADXSTER
07-25-2008, 05:18 PM
XUfan02,

Didn't Book also have a relationship with Lyons? I know Book wasn't exactly hired but didn't know if things were already in the works before Lyons committed.

xufan02
07-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Lyons was in the fold prior to book coming on board, Mack was the lead recruiter on Lyons, Frease, and Redford.