PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence transfers to South Kent

Muskie
07-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Interesting article about Lawrence transferring to a prep school in Ct. Here's the link (http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080702&content_id=1466067&oid=temp&vkey=45).

"Lawrence, a 6-foot-3, 175-pound shooting guard with high-major interest, visited South Kent three weeks ago and recently committed to new coach Kelvin Jefferson. Both players can apply for financial need to pay the $45,000 annual tuition, Jefferson said.

"It's based on need," the coach said. "If you have a big need, then you get whatever it is that's needed." Lawrence's decision to transfer followed that of Parrom, who parted ways with St. Ray's after allegedly punching head coach Oliver Antigua in the face during a dispute.

Now, South Kent is reaping the benefits. The program that produced incoming Rutgers freshman big man Christian Morris will get Parrom and Lawrence, as well as Mike Burwell, an All-New Jersey guard out of Cardinal McCarrick"

Muskie
07-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Lawrence was also recently cut from U18 team in the latest cuts.

Stonebreaker
07-04-2008, 02:23 PM
He punched a coach. He'd fit in good at X. (uh........yeah)

Muskie
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM
He punched a coach. He'd fit in good at X. (uh........yeah)

I've not heard the full story on the Parrom incident, but the Pro-Parrom supporters say that it's been blown out of proportion. I'm not sure how i feel.

Stonebreaker
07-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Well.....I guess it may not be as bad as videotaping some girl being taken advantage of (raped) by a guy who will be playing for Cincy this year. It's the old argument about whether kids should be given second chances, and all that.

waggy
07-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Well.....I guess it may not be as bad as videotaping some girl being taken advantage of (raped) by a guy who will be playing for Cincy this year. It's the old argument about whether kids should be given second chances, and all that.

Rape is a disturbing and disgusting crime. I'm all for 2nd chances, but anyone involved with such things is likely reprobate, and not someone I would want involved in my team.

Stonebreaker
07-04-2008, 05:37 PM
He was never charged by the D.A. But I would kick his butt if he videotaped and watched that happen to a family member of mine.

Section 200
07-04-2008, 09:50 PM
He was never charged by the D.A. But I would kick his butt if he videotaped and watched that happen to a family member of mine.

I thinks its wrong to "convict" anyone without evidence. If the DA didn't even charge the guy, the evidence must not exist. In terms of XU, I trust the administration to do what is right.