PDA

View Full Version : Illinois vs XU

GuyFawkes38
06-27-2008, 07:23 AM
The battle is on:

http://forums.illiniboard.com/boards/showpost.php?b=hoops;pid=208278

One Illini fan boasts that X almost has the most Ncaa tourney appearances without a Final Four appearance.

Illinois has the much more dubious title of most Ncaa tourney wins without a championship.

xeus
06-27-2008, 07:28 AM
I remember the Illinois fans in Atlanta 2004 being really good folks who supported X.

You never know who you dealing with with these messageboard types.

D-West & PO-Z
06-27-2008, 07:31 AM
I remember the Illinois fans in Atlanta 2004 being really good folks who supported X.

You never know who you dealing with with these messageboard types.

Yeah because our game against Texas was first and they played the winner if they happened to get past Duke and I'm sure at the time the thought they would rather play us than Texas. Unless you are talking about the Duke XU game, but I would guess most of them were not around for that.

X-band '01
06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
I was surprised when I saw what was on the Illini board. Tennessee State and Akron have greater winning percentages than X? Is this as a program or just in the NCAAs?

Stonebreaker
06-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I used to like Illinois when they had Kenny Battle, Nick Anderson, and a coupla other guys....but that was then, this is now.

xeus
06-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah because our game against Texas was first and they played the winner if they happened to get past Duke and I'm sure at the time the thought they would rather play us than Texas. Unless you are talking about the Duke XU game, but I would guess most of them were not around for that.

Actually, they just seemed like nice people all around, regardless of who they wanted to play next.

GuyFawkes38
06-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Xeus, you haven't been exposed enough to Illini fans.

For one thing, they honestly believe that every talented player from Chicago should feel obligated to play for them. Yes, this is crazy. Illinois is not UCLA (Los Angeles stars really do want to play for UCLA). A top Chicago high school player would likely rather play for IU, Duke, UNC, Uconn, etc...

And I hate how ugly their stadium is (think riverfront).

GoMuskies
06-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Illinois fans in our hotel handed us lower level seats to the Regional Final after they lost to Duke. One of my best friends from law school is a huge (though relatively obnoxious) Illinois fan. So I say I-L-L..........I-N-I!

Fred Garvin
06-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Phuck Juice Willams and Ron Zook. And phuck the spread offense. Bunch of candy-assed yellow bellies who can't play smashmouth.

X-band '01
07-01-2008, 08:05 PM
That's not why Ohio State lost the national title - save your venom for the SEC.

xu95
07-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Roll Tide.