PDA

View Full Version : Everhart Extended

XU05and07
06-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Duquesne's Ron Everhart signs an extension with the school

Duquesne basketball coach Ron Everhart was rewarded for turning around one of the nation's worst Division I basketball programs in only two seasons, signing a three-year contract extension Wednesday that runs through the 2013-14 season.

It is good to see the Dukes finally playing better ball and making the A10 more competitive. A committment to improvement from the school is also a good sign. They are willing to spend the money and looking long term.

X-band '01
06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
It's good to see Duquesne making a commitment to GG's favorite coach, but now he has to move beyond the quick fix he sought for the program when he had Shawn James and Kojo Mensah. If they can sustain whatever success they had last season, then I'd be happier about Duquesne's long-term prospects.

XUglow
06-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I am guessing that GG is happy that Ron is "waiting in the wings" should we ever need him.

Fred Garvin
06-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Thus far he's done a great job. Some view him as a saviour for bringing some respectability to that program. Of course the next step is the trick. Doesn't matter, he'll be gone within 2 years and Duquesne will prove they can't hang.

It makes me think of how lucky Joe's is to have Martelli.

Masterofreality
06-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Sean Miller is no Ron Everhart.

Sean hasn't gotten sued by his former players.

When Dookcane actually makes a post-season tournanament and gives something back to the league, I'll be more impressed.

31 years of suckiness and counting.......