PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things Fordham Can...

Muskie
06-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Do right now (LINK (http://xsorbit31.com/users5/rams/index.php?PHPSESSID=4c96dc7060f28838f7f06fc5c7c8cf f8&topic=7487.0))(Credit to Poster "John" at the Fordham site)

6. Establish an internship program in the Athletic Department where 10 or so marketing students from CBA work on marketing sponsorships each season. Half of them are going to be on Madison Avenue pitching products soon anyway. Let them see if they can help resuscitate a damaged brand.

7. Establish an internship program in the Athletic Department where 10 or so Communications students from Fordham College work on media relations – getting scores and game stories out to media outlets, writing features for game programs, producing podcasts and featurettes for the Athletic website, acting as stringers for papers and writing game articles. It worked pretty good for Knute Rockne.

I especially liked these two points.

Juice
06-23-2008, 09:18 PM
These are actually good ideas. Students will do anything that gives them experience or something to put on their resume, and I mean this in a good way. Things cannot get any worse, so why not try it?

Muskie
06-23-2008, 09:43 PM
The more i read about Fordham (endowment is roughly double that of X's), the more I feel for their fan base.