PDA

View Full Version : Baby Boomer Party

GuyFawkes38
06-15-2008, 01:20 AM
What a sad site to see.

So after a brief trip to the bar, I stumbled into a party filled with Baby Boomers:

Please, If I'm in my 50's/60's, and you see me at a party drinking and hitting on 20/30 year old women, shoot me.

If I'm in my 50's/60's, and I'm hosting a party with a garage band, shoot me.

If I'm in my 50's/60's, and you see me dancing to a garage band, please shoot me.

What a pitiful generation.

muskienick
06-15-2008, 07:39 AM
You will want to hit on 20-30 year-old ladies when you are a 50-60 year-old geezer like me.

You will attend occasional parties with others of your own age when you are in your 50's and 60's. You will also likely have a few adult beverages at those events (maybe even a few too many).

I am uncertain what a garage band is, but there will almost certainly be times when you will visit an establishment where the musicians who are entertaining are not as talented and well-known as you would like but you will fortify yourself with those same adult beverages and probably even find yourself on the dance floor moving to the beat of the band.

Given the near certitude of those event, I will be the first to volunteer to meet you with my 9-mm and humanely prevent those seemingly horrendous events from ever happening to you.

I suspect there may be 300-400 other volunteers for performing this charitable act on your behalf, some from this board and others with whom you come into contact on a fairly regular basis in your life.

GuyFawkes38
06-15-2008, 09:06 AM
You will want to hit on 20-30 year-old ladies when you are a 50-60 year-old geezer like me.

You will attend occasional parties with others of your own age when you are in your 50's and 60's. You will also likely have a few adult beverages at those events (maybe even a few too many).

I am uncertain what a garage band is, but there will almost certainly be times when you will visit an establishment where the musicians who are entertaining are not as talented and well-known as you would like but you will fortify yourself with those same adult beverages and probably even find yourself on the dance floor moving to the beat of the band.

Given the near certitude of those event, I will be the first to volunteer to meet you with my 9-mm and humanely prevent those seemingly horrendous events from ever happening to you.

I suspect there may be 300-400 other volunteers for performing this charitable act on your behalf, some from this board and others with whom you come into contact on a fairly regular basis in your life.

good points. maybe I was too excited in my anti-baby boomer buzzed state last nite.

Also, part of the problem last nite might have been tied with the fact that I HATE GARAGE BANDS.

GuyFawkes38
06-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Please, If I'm in my 50's/60's, and you see me at a party drinking and hitting on 20/30 year old women, shoot me.

If I'm in my 50's/60's, and I'm hosting a party with a garage band, shoot me.

If I'm in my 50's/60's, and you see me dancing to a garage band, please shoot me.

What a pitiful generation.

I think I was off on the 2nd and 3rd statements. It's completely fine for those in their 50's and 60's to like a little rock and to enjoy dancing to it.

Personally, I'm beginning to dislike the rock music right now. And I'm 25. So when I'm 50, I'm sure I'll hate the music. But that's my bias.

But I stand by my first claim. It's USUALLY uncool for a 60 year olds to hit on a 25 year old. I do know some circumstances where that type of relationships works out. But usually it doesn't.

And I stand 100% behind my claim that it's a pitiful generation.

Cheesehead
06-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Hey Guy:

Are you trying to set a record for most threads started?