PDA

View Full Version : NBA Game 3: Posey

xudash
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
James is contributing, but it seems like the announcers are ignoring him. They mentioned how the Celtics aren't hitting their free throws, yet Posey - I think - has hit his last 4 FTs in a row.

A couple 3s, good defense, etc. This is very much about the so-called "Big 3." So much for team and other contributors.

GoMuskies
06-10-2008, 10:34 PM
He was having a very solid game. When they took him out LA immediately took over. 5 point game now.

drudy23
06-11-2008, 07:32 AM
???

Throughout the entire series (and even throughout the entire playoffs), the announcers have been giving Posey plently of props. They continually mention how he is one of the best bench/role players in the league.

xudash
06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
???

Throughout the entire series (and even throughout the entire playoffs), the announcers have been giving Posey plently of props. They continually mention how he is one of the best bench/role players in the league.

I watched the entire game last night.

The announcers kept saying how poorly the FT shooting was on both teams, but could have noted that Posey did well from the line last night.

After a big hussle play by Posey - can't remember the play - Van Gundy could only spend his time talking about his hair line; the play resulted in James on the line again with Van Gundy talking about his head.

They finally gave him props at the 7 minute-ish mark, after the great hussle play were he landed on the floor with a key rebound and was fouled. He made both FTs and went to the bench shortly thereafter, but they were talking about him a little at that point and the camera went to him a couple times as well.

It's not that big a deal, but I just had the sense that Posey was one of the guys keeping them in it last night, but the focus was constantly on the "Big 3's" failures, not the team's ability to keep them close and, at variuos key moments, take the lead.

DAllen15
06-11-2008, 02:00 PM
James has gotten a fair amount of pub during these playoffs, and we can't always expect the announcers to have a Xavier-centric focus. Posey's not a starter, he was only 1-3 from the floor, and one of five Celts with 6-9 points (behind their two leading scorers).