PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season All A-10 contenders

MADXSTER
05-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Just thinking a little about who should be considered for the pre-season All A-10 balleting. Here are a few just off the top.

Derek Brown
Chris Wright
Dionte Christmas

muskienick
05-30-2008, 03:02 PM
At least one of the two Billikens "L" guys, Lisch or Liddell should make it too.

If Jimmy Baron has gotten over his love-sickness (or whatever else had him out of sorts through most of last season), he could be a candidate also especially if the voters concentrate on the offensive end of the floor.

Finally, I would have to think that some post player could gain that honor as well. There are pretty few (if any) dominating guys returning to the middle in the A-10, so a guy like Jason Love or even Kenny Frease could sneak in also.

waggy
05-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Harris and/or Lowe from UMass.
Couple of guys on Richmond potentially, can't think of both but one I believe is Anderson the PG.
Ahmad Nivins.

And Kenny Frease!!

AdamtheFlyer
05-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Marcus Johnson
Jason Love
Aaron Jackson
Dan Geriot
Kevin Lisch

In addition to those mentioned...

A10fan
05-30-2008, 06:04 PM
CJ is going to much more aggressive and will contend for first team!

jdm2000
05-30-2008, 08:28 PM
I'd like Liddell and Lisch's chances a lot better if Majerus wasn't coaching them.

MADXSTER
06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
So then to summarize we have

BJ Raymond
Brown
CJ Anderson
Frease
Love
Liddell
Lisch
Marcus Johnson
Aaron Jackson
Dan Geriot
Harris
Lowe
Wright
Christmas
Nivins

We may be a little Xavier heavy considering the A10 coaches don't really look at defense.

waggy
06-03-2008, 06:08 PM
BJ Raymond is a player not on the list so far that could definitely get there. I'm sure there are others.

edit: The PG for Richmond is Kevin Anderson (I think). He is just a soph though, so probably a little early, but he's a player.

Juice
06-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I am thinking Christmas, Nivins, Derrick Brown as the three I really like in this conference. After those guys I do not know.

D-West & PO-Z
06-03-2008, 08:43 PM
I'd like Liddell and Lisch's chances a lot better if Majerus wasn't coaching them.

I think that is definitely true for Liddell unless he makes adjustments to Majerus' system. Lisch I think should definitely be a candidate.

waggy
06-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Christmas, Geriot, Lisch & Nivins are the only players that haven't graduated or otherwise moved on from the all conference teams from last year. They're probably locks for preseason all conference this year.

jcubspoe
06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I think Dbrown from X makes 1st team if he even improves just slightly from last year. I expect that he becomes the X "leader" this year. Christmas is a good choice. As far as the St L. L's, i'm just not sold. I know they both have the talent but after watching them last year in Majerus' systme I'm just not buying it.

For my Flyers, not sure on MJ. He's a strong candidate for 2nd team, maybe 1st if he can improve next year in the same way he improved from his freshman year. CW is certainly a candidate as well. I'm just guarding against the sophmore slump on this one but all indications thus far is he's a 2nd teamer, maybe 1st.

A10fan
06-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I've heard that CW is STILL having difficulty with the ankle. I hope he can reach his potential but I wouldn't look for it to be next year.

Arnold Horshack
06-12-2008, 06:54 PM
It would not suprise me if either Derrick Brown or Chris Wright ends up being the best player in the league next year.