PDA

View Full Version : Soderberg to Miami Redhawks

MADXSTER
05-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Interesting article.

http://www.miamihawktalk.com/home/recruits/player/8045/

Muskie
05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Decent pick up for Miami. I believe SLU fans were interested in him (if course his father Brad was the HC at SLU at the time).

Juice
05-19-2008, 09:02 PM
He should be a nice replacement to Kenny Hayes who will graduate after next season. Not knowing anything about Soderberg, I am guessing he has a different game than Hayes, because Hayes is quick as lightning. But Soderberg should be a nice player.

Xman95
05-19-2008, 11:05 PM
He should be a nice replacement to Kenny Hayes who will graduate after next season. Not knowing anything about Soderberg, I am guessing he has a different game than Hayes, because Hayes is quick as lightning. But Soderberg should be a nice player.

I just find it funny that someone says they don't know anything about a guy, but then says he should be a nice player. If you know nothing about him, how can you speculate?

Don't get me wrong, Juice, I do the same thing. In fact, I think we all do. Sure, we usually base our opinions on stats, recruiting sites, others' opinions, etc. But there are times when we know none of that and still assume the player will be good, bad or indifferent. Again, just something that makes me chuckle.

Juice
05-20-2008, 04:22 PM
I just find it funny that someone says they don't know anything about a guy, but then says he should be a nice player. If you know nothing about him, how can you speculate?

Don't get me wrong, Juice, I do the same thing. In fact, I think we all do. Sure, we usually base our opinions on stats, recruiting sites, others' opinions, etc. But there are times when we know none of that and still assume the player will be good, bad or indifferent. Again, just something that makes me chuckle.

You are completely right. I based it off of stuff that I read having seen nothing.
But what I did also consider is that he is a coach's son, and not some random high school coach's son but a college coach's son. Again I don't know anything about this kid, but based on other players, coachs' sons have a nice understanding of the game and are usually smarter than other players at their level. This kid could turn out to be dumb as rocks or not very good, because as you correctly stated, I have no idea really.

xu95
05-21-2008, 07:53 AM
I wonder if Miami will go after his dad as coach after Charlie Coles retires, or kicks the bucket, or is shown the door.

xu95

Xman95
05-21-2008, 08:44 AM
You are completely right. I based it off of stuff that I read having seen nothing.
But what I did also consider is that he is a coach's son, and not some random high school coach's son but a college coach's son. Again I don't know anything about this kid, but based on other players, coachs' sons have a nice understanding of the game and are usually smarter than other players at their level. This kid could turn out to be dumb as rocks or not very good, because as you correctly stated, I have no idea really.

I just want to be sure that you know I wasn't trying to rip on you or single you out. It just happened to be the most recent example of something we all do and I just find some humor in it. Although I do have to say that your logic is, well, logical. It seems that a coach's son should at least be able to contribute as a decent role player, even if he's not that great of an athlete. The assumption is that they know the game and how to execute, something many other players do not. It may not overcome a lack of talent all the time, but it should at least make the player a positive for a program.

Juice
05-21-2008, 01:09 PM
No worries Xman, I get where you are coming from.