PDA

View Full Version : When/who will it be?

Xman95
05-14-2008, 01:59 AM
You know, offices always have those pools trying to predict when a baby will be born (or, in some offices, when someone will die). What are your predictions for when the first recruit will verbal and who do you think it will be?

Cincy Muskie
05-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Tevin Baskin, shortly after Ari Stewart announces his decision.

XtremeXfan
05-14-2008, 11:23 AM
I believe it will be Ari, followed by a commitment from his very good friend Mfon. Baskin will explore other options, but realize X is the place for him and commit last.

DC Muskie
05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I believe it will be Ari, followed by a commitment from his very good friend Mfon. Baskin will explore other options, but realize X is the place for him and commit last.

We only have two scholarships, by the way.

I think it will Parrom, by the end of this month, followed by Baskin in June.

XtremeXfan
05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
I thought we had 3?

DC Muskie
05-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Just CJ and BJ are graduating. We might end up with a third, but someone will have to transfer between now and the beginning of school, which I don't think will happen.

Flexo
05-14-2008, 03:00 PM
This might deserve its own thread, but the new Rivals 150 is out.

Link (http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=910&Year=2009&ra_key=1642)

Stewart is no longer a 5-star guy, but he's ranked No. 59 overall. There are a number of Xavier targets on that list.

kyxu
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I agree that it will be Parrom first, though his official visit (which was supposed to be this weekend) was bumped back due to a tournament in NYC he's participating in.

And if Xavier gets Baskin on campus soon, I think he'd be next.

Edit: Just read some bad news on rivals.com. Apparently, at the tournament that Parrom played in this week that prevented him from coming for his official visit, there was a scuffle and he allegedly punched his head coach. He was arrested today.

http://xavier.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=807872

XULouie
05-15-2008, 09:43 PM
KYXU,

No one will be making official visits in the spring/summer. Recruits cannot go on offcial visits until their 1st day of class senior year. Most kids start in mid-late August. These are all unofficial visits paid for by the recruit.

kyxu
05-15-2008, 10:02 PM
KYXU,

No one will be making official visits in the spring/summer. Recruits cannot go on offcial visits until their 1st day of class senior year. Most kids start in mid-late August. These are all unofficial visits paid for by the recruit.

Ok. Whatever. "Unofficial" visit. Happy now?

MADXSTER
05-16-2008, 08:36 AM
I have a feeling that Ari is going to ride the ride as long as he can, which means he won't decide until the fall. By that time Xavier will have filled it's two spots. Those being Parrom follwed by Baskin.

kyxu
05-17-2008, 09:16 AM
I have a feeling that Ari is going to ride the ride as long as he can, which means he won't decide until the fall. By that time Xavier will have filled it's two spots. Those being Parrom follwed by Baskin.

I sorta have that feeling, too.