PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

MADXSTER
05-11-2008, 09:10 PM
When people put the empty mustard/ketchup bottle back in the fridge.

When people use the last of the toilet paper and don't replace it.

When Glow's woman calls me in the middle of the night wanting me to help her. After a dozen times or so it started to get old. Anyone else have this problem?

XUglow
05-12-2008, 10:50 AM
When people put the empty mustard/ketchup bottle back in the fridge.

When people use the last of the toilet paper and don't replace it.

When Glow's woman calls me in the middle of the night wanting me to help her. After a dozen times or so it started to get old. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey, sorry about giving her your number, but those constant midnight booty calls were wearing me out, and she has been a bit on edge since I took her key away from her. I just had to send her some place else.

DC Muskie
05-12-2008, 11:15 AM
I just had to send her some place else.

And you couldn't send her to me, because....

XUglow
05-12-2008, 11:18 AM

Because I only needed a break, and I did want her to talk with me again later.

Kahns Krazy
05-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I hate when people bad mouth things that they really don't know about.

Juice
05-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I hate when people sing "Sweet Caroline" at bars and even more when they shout the 'bom, bom, bom" part. It is lame and far from original anymore. In fact, it was never even cool. I cringe everytime the song is played anywhere.

XUglow
05-12-2008, 01:49 PM
I hate "boob tape". Who invented that any way? I love that shot of Miss Muskie, but when I told her to hug Kayla's neck, that wasn't the picture that I expected.

Smails
05-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I hate that Glow has a 'miss muskie' and she'll hug a dog on command...I guess it's more envy than hate

boozehound
05-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I hate when people sing "Sweet Caroline" at bars and even more when they shout the 'bom, bom, bom" part. It is lame and far from original anymore. In fact, it was never even cool. I cringe everytime the song is played anywhere.

I second that.

xu 89
05-12-2008, 04:06 PM
People who talk on their cell phone in an elevator.

Kahns Krazy
05-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Agreed 89. Also people who use headsets in unnecessary situations. It's one thing in the car when you're by yourself. It's another thing totally to be in public talking loudly, apparently to yourself or to me.

I like to just respond to these people as though I am the other half of the conversation. Eventually they get angry and point to their ear. Not hands free anymore, is it, biatch?

XUglow
05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I hate that Glow has a 'miss muskie' and she'll hug a dog on command...I guess it's more envy than hate

In a $2000 dress to boot... I just have to remember to use this power for good rather than evil.

Fred Garvin
05-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Agreed 89. Also people who use headsets in unnecessary situations. It's one thing in the car when you're by yourself. It's another thing totally to be in public talking loudly, apparently to yourself or to me.

I like to just respond to these people as though I am the other half of the conversation. Eventually they get angry and point to their ear. Not hands free anymore, is it, biatch?

There is a hilarious scene in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry David is in a restaurant by himself and mocks one of these guys on the headsets sitting next to him. David starts having a conversation with the empty chair across from him.

MADXSTER
05-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I hate "boob tape". Who invented that any way? I love that shot of Miss Muskie, but when I told her to hug Kayla's neck, that wasn't the picture that I expected.

Huh? She's never had it on when I've been over. Not once.

MADXSTER
06-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I just thought of another one.

TV commercials being soo much louder than the program you're watching.

Do they make a TV that compensates for the sound difference. There's money to be made on that one.

The Artist
06-21-2008, 04:41 AM
People who walk ridiculously slow in situations when you can't get around them.

People in grocery stores who place their cart right in the middle of the isle when they look for something on the shelf.

People who don't understand why I ask for more than face value when I try to sell them a ticket.

boozehound
06-21-2008, 07:15 AM
People who saunter across the street during rush hour when I am waiting to turn. I understand that you have the right of way, but could you at least walk at a brisk pace?

Stonebreaker
06-21-2008, 07:51 AM
-Those who cut you off when driving, or tailgate
-rude people
-Not getting repped
-Running out of either rum or coke

MADXSTER
06-21-2008, 08:43 AM
People who saunter across the street during rush hour when I am waiting to turn. I understand that you have the right of way, but could you at least walk at a brisk pace?

I should have listed that one too. Drives me crazy. I always tell myself, that's the type of person I would never hire. Putting a little pep in your step isn't going to hurt anyone.

Jumpy
06-21-2008, 09:03 AM

he didn't want her to end up in your trunk.

Jumpy
06-21-2008, 09:10 AM
My pet peeves:

People who preach to smokers about quitting. I don't smoke anymore, but when I did, it annoyed the hell out of me. when did that become socially acceptable? Can I, in turn, remind you of the fact that your fat and out of shape, and should lay down the jelly donuts?

Squeezing the toothpaste from the middle of the tube.

When people start sentences with "you need to..." There are only four people I take directives from: God, the better half, my boss and my boss's boss. If your not on that list, you betteer ask nicely or you won't get a favorable response.

nuts4xu
06-21-2008, 10:12 AM
People who get up and stand in the aisle the minute a plane stops rolling. Everyone must wait their turn, and you aren't going to gain much time by jumping in front of 2 people.

Those who drive slowly in the fast lane. I don't mind if you drive slow, but for gosh sakes get over in the far right lane. You aren't the only person on the road.

American X
06-21-2008, 10:57 AM
People who get up and stand in the aisle the minute a plane stops rolling. Everyone must wait their turn, and you aren't going to gain much time by jumping in front of 2 people.

. . . .and must immediately get on their cell phones. I have commented to some of the more egregious that they must be incredibly important people that they cannot wait a couple minutes to get into the terminal and must with all haste inform someone that 'Yeah, I'm here.' I mortified one young lady by pointing out we were in a very enclosed space, she was talking very loud and swearing, and children were around.

That ties into my general pet peeve - people utterly oblivious to their surroundings and lacking any consideration. Have the respect for others that a first grader has learned.

blobfan
06-22-2008, 09:48 PM
I just thought of another one.

TV commercials being soo much louder than the program you're watching.

Do they make a TV that compensates for the sound difference. There's money to be made on that one.

I heard that legislation has actually been proposed to prevent this. It's called CALM: Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation.

XU05and07
06-23-2008, 07:45 AM
When it is raining, and cars don't have their lights on...seriously, it is near impossible to see white and silver cars in your rear and side mirrors when on the highway and the spray from your tires and trucks is everywhere

DC Muskie
06-23-2008, 06:46 PM
My biggest pet peeve is when people start sentences with "I'll be honest with you..."

What? Are you not honest the rest of the time? Is there a reason you have to bring your honesty to my attention?

the other one that is rising rapidly that I'm learning at work is..."I know you are the director, but..."

But nothing. I know you know I'm the director. I don't come to work and ask myself, "do you think my staff knows that I am the director?" It's an backhanded slap to me, I'd rather you just come out and say, "you know what, you're stupid."

Stonebreaker
06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
People who preach about the environment and energy consumption yet fly in private jets, own HUGE SUV's and own multiple, big-ass houses.
Practice what you preach.

Kahns Krazy
06-23-2008, 08:16 PM
My pet peeve is that I don't own a private jet, huge SUVs and multiple houses.

Stonebreaker
06-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Not to mention a movie room.

vee4xu
06-23-2008, 08:44 PM
he didn't want her to end up in your trunk.

I think that this makes an assumption about glow's girl that is not flattering and I assume (for glow's sake) that it isn't.

:rolleyes:

vee4xu
06-23-2008, 08:56 PM
People who back out slowly from a parking spot knowing that I'm waiting for it.

People who hold a spot for their 10 family members in a very long line.

Wonen who put on their faces while they drive.

People who do not wash their hands after using the bathroom.

On another note, is it just me or do others of you experience that the person who parks next to you in a huge parking lot be the only other person leaving the store when you leave? It never fails with me, I can be in a parking lot with 2,000 other cars and the only other person leaving is right next to me. It happens just about every time to me and it annoys the hell out of me.

XUglow
06-23-2008, 09:11 PM
My biggest pet peeve is when people start sentences with "I'll be honest with you..."

What? Are you not honest the rest of the time? Is there a reason you have to bring your honesty to my attention?

the other one that is rising rapidly that I'm learning at work is..."I know you are the director, but..."

But nothing. I know you know I'm the director. I don't come to work and ask myself, "do you think my staff knows that I am the director?" It's an backhanded slap to me, I'd rather you just come out and say, "you know what, you're stupid."

I know you're the director, but I'll be honest with you, I have never even given these issues a thought.

XUglow
06-23-2008, 09:28 PM
I think that this makes an assumption about glow's girl that is not flattering and I assume (for glow's sake) that it isn't.

She isn't a hooker. She is just... friendly.

Stonebreaker
06-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm flattered the pic is up.

Jumpy
06-24-2008, 09:50 AM

Is this a joke? If not, it's time to let the sphincter loosen up a bit, vee.

Kahns Krazy
06-24-2008, 05:19 PM

I don't think he was any more serious than DC is about having dead pro's in his trunk, which is to say, I hope, not.

vee4xu
06-24-2008, 05:21 PM

sphincter is loose, but invitations are not being given out for anyone to visit. I was kidding jumpy. I assumed that glow and DC knew what I meant. Sorry that you didn't.

XUglow
06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Didn't bother me or Miss Muskie in the least. As long as we are talking about her, she is happy. She LOVES being "Miss Muskie". (I came very close to getting her to sign up last week. I will give it another go again soon.)

Jumpy
06-28-2008, 12:22 AM
sphincter is loose, but invitations are not being given out for anyone to visit. I was kidding jumpy. I assumed that glow and DC knew what I meant. Sorry that you didn't.

Ok. Sorry. As we all know, it's sometimes hard to read sarcasm/joking in posts.

vee4xu
06-28-2008, 09:49 AM
No problemo.

Kahns Krazy
07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I had to add another one. Diarrhea mouth Daugherty has a post on his heap he calls a blog that refers to "Junior Griffey".

Nope.

He is Junior, Griffey Jr, or Ken Griffey Junior. Junior isn't a nickname, it's part of his name. You don't just go rearranging his name there Daugherty Paul.

And to add to the slow-cross-walker peeve above, I get ticked whenever anyone doesn't obey the rules. When the light starts blinking red, it's the car's turn. Don't waddle your fat ass out into the street. In crosswalks without lights, the pedestrian always has the right of way. While it is considerate to wait for an opening, there are situations where this just isn't realistic, and the pedestrian stops traffic.

0507, the rain=headlights is law in at least some states. I got pulled over one year on my way to South Carolina because I didn't have my headlights on in the rain. The cop said if my windshield wipers were on, my headlights had to be too. I debated explaining that my wipers weren't on because I always do the rain-x thing right before a road trip, but since he was just warning me, I thanked him and moved along. I had a quantity of alcohol in the car that certainly wasn't permitted to be trucked across state lines.

MADXSTER
10-27-2008, 05:42 PM
When people leave a message on your voice mail and ramble through their phone number so quick you have to listen to it 5 times to get it right.

Stonebreaker
10-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Being the only one in the house to fill the ice tray.

pickledpigsfeet
10-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Being the only one in the house to fill the ice tray.

Having diarrhea that could fill an ice cube tray, or several trays.

Stonebreaker
10-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Hot chicks who won't let me join in. :(

XURunner85
10-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Pet peeves......

Woman who wear bras and tops.....
Bartenders who say last call.......
Off season of Xavier basketball....
UD fans saying they have a basketball team.....

Stonebreaker
10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Someone taking the last piece of pizza (or beer)
Fans who can't shut up behind you

Stonebreaker
10-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Girls who don't like stalkers.

nuts4xu
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Dead hookers that don't like the trunks of cars. They really suck.

PMI
10-27-2008, 09:14 PM
You'd like it here in DC. I hear our whores don't mind the trunk.

Smails
10-28-2008, 09:30 AM
1) My co-workers who come in to my office every day to tell me how much money we're losing in the market.
2)My wife's uncanny ability to start a conversation with me right as I'm putting on my coat to leave.
3) The guy sitting behind me at the Cintas Center who feels the need to explain what a flex cut is to anyone who will listen. He gets it wrong every time.
4)Posters and people who can't have a disagreement without sounding like condescending pricks.

Jumpy
10-28-2008, 09:39 AM
1) My co-workers who come in to my office every day to tell me how much money we're losing in the market.
2)My wife's uncanny ability to start a conversation with me right as I'm putting on my coat to leave.
3) The guy sitting behind me at the Cintas Center who feels the need to explain what a flex cut is to anyone who will listen. He gets it wrong every time.
4)Posters and people who can't have a disagreement without sounding like condescending pricks.

Oh Smails, if only you were as enlightened as the rest of us, you wouldn't feel inadequate.

My biggest message board pet peeve: people who type "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less."

Smails
10-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Well played....repped up.

XU05and07
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
When a woman doesn't put the toilet seat up after they are done with it

DC Muskie
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
When a woman gives you her phone number with only nine numbers.

Raoul Duke
10-28-2008, 11:25 AM
People who take the elevator up one floor. Incidentally, they usually happen to be the last people who should be taking an elevator up one floor.

Kahns Krazy
10-28-2008, 11:29 AM

Ugh. She does that to me too.

Smails
10-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Ugh. She does that to me too.

My wife does that to you too? I knew it...

XUglow
10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
"Honey dos" that are requested the minute your fanny hits the recliner or your back hits the couch. A woman can be 3 rooms away, and they have this inate ability to tell within 5 seconds when you have decided it is time for a rest. That isn't the best reason that I know to stay single, but it would weigh heavily in my decision making.

blobfan
10-28-2008, 11:47 PM
People who take the elevator up one floor. Incidentally, they usually happen to be the last people who should be taking an elevator up one floor.

How about the yahoos that take the elevator down one floor?

Fred Garvin
10-29-2008, 12:15 AM
I hate it when people say "I don't have a dog in this fight, but..." right before they pick a side in an argument.
If they are such a disinterested party then why do they feel compelled to pick a side?

XUglow
10-29-2008, 08:30 AM
I hate it when people say "I don't have a dog in this fight, but..." right before they pick a side in an argument.
If they are such a disinterested party then why do they feel compelled to pick a side?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think you are wrong. I think it is the old Seinfeld thing about cleavage. If someone is showing cleavage, men just have to look. If there is an argument going on, some people just feel a need to chime in. They can't help it. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

drudy23
10-29-2008, 09:25 AM
1) When people "swish" their food and you can hear it...just chew and swallow, damnit.
2) When someone is eating a small bag of a snack (Doritos, Fritos, Cheetos, etc) and they make so much damn noise when they reach in to get a chip...is it really necessary to crinckle the bag 8,000 times before you can pick upa chip?
3) When you have to take a crap in a public restroom, and there are several stalls to choose from, I hate it when someone comes in and does their business at the stall RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. I can understand if it's the only option....but c'mon...gimme some space.

MADXSTER
10-29-2008, 10:13 AM
When you really, really need to use the restroom, like you're junk is crowning, and the smell is sooo bad that you have to walk out anyway. Or you stay and when you walk out everyone is looking at you like....DAMN!

XUglow
10-29-2008, 02:21 PM
When you really, really need to use the restroom, like you're junk is crowning, and the smell is sooo bad that you have to walk out anyway. Or you stay and when you walk out everyone is looking at you like....DAMN!

Did you ever see Trainspotting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XrvpEIiC1w

MADXSTER
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Glow, your a sick puppy.

Kahns Krazy
07-22-2009, 04:02 PM
When you throw cash down for your part of the bill, including a 20%+ tip, and someone scoops the cash, puts the whole bill on a credit card, and leaves a 15% tip.

Also, people who rationalize their cheap-ass tipping by claiming they dont tip on the tax.

DC Muskie
07-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Also, people who rationalize their cheap-ass tipping by claiming they dont tip on the tax.

I've never heard that before. People seriously cut out the tax? wow.

Here's two and I apologize if this was said earlier...

1. People who say things like...to be honest wth you...I appreciate the heads up that I should believe what you are saying now, because before you were full of it.

2. Phrases like First Annual and New and Improved. Something can't be first while at the same time be annual. There a word for what you are trying to get to...inaugrual. How can Tide be New and Improved at the same time? Stop acting like Hubert davis on this issue P&G.

bobbiemcgee
07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
new and improved made the list....my favorite..."RAP" music?

http://www.ethanwiner.com/oxymoron.html

XUglow
07-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Miss Muskie getting married to the dorky Dr. Mitch is getting to be a pet peeve. This is really going to cut into the number of times she comes beating on my door at 2 in the morning. T-46 hours now.

Too complicated to get married in CA. Getting married Fri at 3:00 at First United Methodist Church chapel.....then headed to Orange County.

Kahns Krazy
07-22-2009, 05:23 PM
There a word for what you are trying to get to...inaugrual.

That reminds me.

Add "grammar nazi that can't spell" to the list.

PMI
07-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Miss Muskie getting married is a pet peeve of mine too. That, TMZ, and Michael Irvin.

DC Muskie
07-23-2009, 07:22 AM
That reminds me.

Add "grammar nazi that can't spell" to the list.

Damn it! Inaugural.

That reminds me, people who like to point out words they can neither spell or say correctly.

Kahns Krazy
07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Damn it! Inaugural.

That reminds me, people who like to point out words they can neither spell or say correctly.

Totally. That's aggregious and nuculer.

PMI
07-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I hate it when people walk really slow in the middle of the sidewalk. I'm a fast walker and I walk in fairly busy parts of the city. If you're going to walk like you're trying to quietly tip-toe out of a hotel room after secretly filming Erin Andrews naked, at least move over to your far right and let others pass you. That and the people who need to walk slow in groups and take up the whole damn sidewalk. Form a single file line to your right and let the people with places to be get there.

XUglow
07-23-2009, 02:55 PM
That and the people who need to walk slow in groups and take up the whole damn sidewalk. Form a single file line to your right and let the people with places to be get there.

Singles I can handle. 2 or more people that tie things up should be a little more cognizant of traffic around them. If there is space for 4 people across, invariably, you are going to have a twosome walking slowly with 2/3 of a space to the right, 2/3 of a space between them, and 2/3 of a space to their left, and they are going to serpentine down the walkway to give you false hope that one or the other of the spaces might open up to let you pass.

Cheesehead
07-24-2009, 09:29 AM

Guilty as charged. Did that while on vacation singing Karaoke at a bar one night. Normally, I never sing and normally I never sing Neil Diamond songs but I was drunk. The whole place was doing the same thing... It was actually quite fun at the time.

Cheesehead
07-24-2009, 09:32 AM
1) When people "swish" their food and you can hear it...just chew and swallow, damnit.
2) When someone is eating a small bag of a snack (Doritos, Fritos, Cheetos, etc) and they make so much damn noise when they reach in to get a chip...is it really necessary to crinckle the bag 8,000 times before you can pick upa chip?
3) When you have to take a crap in a public restroom, and there are several stalls to choose from, I hate it when someone comes in and does their business at the stall RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. I can understand if it's the only option....but c'mon...gimme some space.

Maybe they were looking for some action, Drudy. :)

XUglow
07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
OK, I also hate it when people send me emails on the morning of their wedding asking me if I am "really, really OK with this wedding proceeding". That is just dumb.

D-West & PO-Z
07-25-2009, 04:04 PM
By far my number one is people driving slow in the left lane on the highway. Ugh! A couple of points to mention.

1. I dont care if you are driving above the speed limit or what you think is fast, if I am behind you and driving faster get the fuck out of the way.

2. The left lane isnt even meant for driving in. It is meant for passing. I hate it when there is no one in any of the other lanes and someone is driving in the left lane, get the fuck over.

3. If I am right behind you clearly wanting you to get over when there is no one in the other lane and I flash my lights that isnt me saying hello, get over.

I deal with stupid people driving like this all the time on my trips to/from St. Louis. Most the time if possible I will just go around the person if there is room to the right but sometimes I dont just because of the principle of the matter. Also if I do that it should be a freaking sign for you to get over.

Juice
07-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Singles I can handle. 2 or more people that tie things up should be a little more cognizant of traffic around them. If there is space for 4 people across, invariably, you are going to have a twosome walking slowly with 2/3 of a space to the right, 2/3 of a space between them, and 2/3 of a space to their left, and they are going to serpentine down the walkway to give you false hope that one or the other of the spaces might open up to let you pass.

I was in Target yesterday and a family of fat people were walking in a group of three across the aisle each pushing a cart. Since they were fat they couldn't walk fast because it would induce a heart attack. I almost flat tired each of their shoes but decided to just tail them until one of them realized the problem they were causing and let me walk by.

Kahns Krazy
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know if littering can be a pet peeve, but it pisses me off. I watched a guy go out of his way yesterday to litter. He actually put effort into littering. I don't understand people sometimes.

bobbiemcgee
07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
I was in Target yesterday and a family of fat people were walking in a group of three across the aisle each pushing a cart. Since they were fat they couldn't walk fast because it would induce a heart attack. I almost flat tired each of their shoes but decided to just tail them until one of them realized the problem they were causing and let me walk by.

slow down, whatsa hurry...

http://www.sodahead.com/question/331285/fat-people-the-newest-cause-of-global-warming-do-you-believe-it/?link=ibaf

Kahns Krazy
07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh, I forgot to add another one I encountered this weekend. The men's bathroom attendant. I don't need to be handed a paper towel.

D-West & PO-Z
07-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh, I forgot to add another one I encountered this weekend. The men's bathroom attendant. I don't need to be handed a paper towel.

No wonder we get into it sometimes.

I am a bathroom attendant without a trashcan.

DC Muskie
07-28-2009, 06:14 AM
People who drive convertibles with the top down and the windows rolled up.

Get a car with a sunroof idiots.

Masterofreality
07-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Golf Courses that as soon as you pull up to a parking space, there's some pimply-faced kid right there in your grille to take your clubs and rush you to the clubhouse- for a nice tip, of course.

Then, as soon as the round is over, the same pimply faced kid is right in your grille with a towel to clean your clubs- again, for a tip. Then he won't haul the clubs back to your car.

Gawd, get out of my space and let me worry about my own freakin' clubs!!!!

Kahns Krazy
07-28-2009, 10:15 AM
You need to play shittier courses.

TheDanimal
07-28-2009, 12:52 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. I was at a bar in Wrigleyville this weekend after the Reds lost and I had to listen to "Go, Cubs, Go" until I died a little inside... the only thing that made it worse was that all the soap had been removed from the bathroom dispensers so you had to have the attendant squirt/pump it on your hands. After having the white, gel soap squirted on my hands by a stranger who then reached out for a tip, I felt dirtier than I ever had in my life.

Juice
07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I was at a bar in Wrigleyville this weekend after the Reds lost and I had to listen to "Go, Cubs, Go" until I died a little inside... the only thing that made it worse was that all the soap had been removed from the bathroom dispensers so you had to have the attendant squirt/pump it on your hands. After having the white, gel soap squirted on my hands by a stranger who then reached out for a tip, I felt dirtier than I ever had in my life.

Your first mistake was washing your hands. Whenever I see a bathroom attendant I just go straight for the door.

XUglow
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Your first mistake was washing your hands. Whenever I see a bathroom attendant I just go straight for the door.

Is your real name Poppy?

XU05and07
07-31-2009, 09:30 AM
People who talk on their cell phone in an elevator.

People who talk on the phone in the public bathroom...on SPEAKERPHONE!

I just had to listen to a guy getting told that he doesn't respect her and he doesn't deserve her...his response, "ok..whatever"

I'm just trying to use the facilities, people!

pickledpigsfeet
07-31-2009, 10:18 AM

I just had to listen to a guy getting told that he doesn't respect her and he doesn't deserve her...his response, "ok..whatever"

I don't know if that's better or worse than him telling her that he'll "respect the fuck out of her".

Kahns Krazy
07-31-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I was at a bar in Wrigleyville this weekend after the Reds lost ....

Where were you? I was in Wild Hare and Uberstein.

DC Muskie
08-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Another pet peeve...

Your favorite baseball team trading people away that they didn't need to for players who aren't crap.

PMI
08-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Another pet peeve...

Your favorite baseball team trading people away that they didn't need to for players who aren't crap.

That reminds me of another pet peeve...

Baseball.

(Just kidding guys.)

TheDanimal
08-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Where were you? I was in Wild Hare and Uberstein.

Hit up a number of places...the man-squirt soap incident was at Goose Island. It started out well and good, as I was enjoying a Matilda... but then, boom, pet peeve.

blobfan
08-03-2009, 12:11 AM

I hate that one too. Who has conversations in bathrooms! I was at the gym last week and this chick was on the phone the entire time, during the flush and all. How would you like to be on the phone with someone and hear all those bathroom sounds and a toilet flushing? It's like saying "your call is so important to me I'm going to cop a squat while we're talking."

There are a couple ladies on my floor at work who like to hold long conversations in the rest room while others are trying to go about their business and get out of there. I think that's worse than the cell phone talkers. I'm tempted to bring a whoopee cushion in there with me some day to add some background noise for them. Maybe then they'll get the idea.

XU05and07
08-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I didn't read through the thread to see if this one has been posted...but yesterday's weather caused me to think of another one...

When a traffic light is out at an intersection...it becomes a 4-way stop...how some people passed their driving test amazes me

Cheesehead
08-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Stupid Commercials like the Castrol Oil "You're thinking w/ your dipstick Jimmy!" campaign....smack! Could that be run anymore in one night of TV viewing?

Man, I want to hit that guy upside the head.

pickledpigsfeet
08-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Stupid Commercials like the Castrol Oil "You're thinking w/ your dipstick Jimmy!" campaign....smack! Could that be run anymore in one night of TV viewing?

Rick Pitino was thinking with his dipstick.

Jumpy
08-14-2009, 07:23 AM

Watching X games on Fox Sports is the worst for seeing the same annoying commercial over and over and over.

Kahns Krazy
08-14-2009, 10:45 AM
On a road with two lanes in the same direction, like Columbia Parkway eastbound... when the douchenozzle in the left lane is matching speed identically to the douchenozzle in the right lane.

The level of douchenozzlery increases exponentially for every mile per hour these fart sniffers are going slower.

Kahns Krazy
08-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I also had this one last night.

Hostess: It will be a 45 minute to an hour wait to sit outside.
Me (to significant female person): What do you think?
SFP: I don't care, it's up to you.
Me (to hostess): Okay, we'll wait at the bar.
SFP: I'm hungry now. Can't we just eat inside?

I can't figure this out. Am I supposed to be guessing what the SFP wants, or does she actually not make up her mind until I have made a decision? Either way, I lose.

nuts4xu
08-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I can't figure this out. Am I supposed to be guessing what the SFP wants, or does she actually not make up her mind until I have made a decision? Either way, I lose.

From what I know about women, you are supposed to guess what the SFP wants, and you are supposed to guess right. If you guess wrong however, most chicks will do the same thing as your SFP did here, and just tell you they want to do the opposite.

She was testing you. Sounds like you failed this test. Better luck next time and I hope she is at least under 50 years old this time.

xu 89
08-22-2009, 08:42 PM
People who clip their fingernails at work. The guy next to me in my cube does it often.

Kahns Krazy
06-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Bike riders who preach the "share the road" thing, then ride between two lanes of cars at an intersection.

Bike riders who call themselves "cyclists".

PM Thor
06-10-2010, 03:43 PM
People who don't signal while turning.
People who drive slowly in the fast lane.
Those freaking bright blue/white headlights on certain cars, blinding oncoming traffic.
People who wear headphones while driving. You kind of have to hear what's going on around you.

And then, my work ones.

911 is NOT YOUR PERSONAL DOCTOR. Don't call 911 for a headache, toothache, having the flu, a boil, or a sunburn. Get some personal responsibility already. Ambulances aren't there to be your personal glorified taxi to the hospital.
Pull to the RIGHT. Not left. Don't just freaking stop in front of an emergency vehicle. Also, don't freak out when an emergency vehicle comes up behind you. Just pull to the RIGHT.

Dammit. I shouldn't have written this. Now I'm pissed off.

Bike riders who preach the "share the road" thing, then ride between two lanes of cars at an intersection.

Bike riders who call themselves "cyclists".

I preach "Share The Road", but actually pay attention to the laws of the road. It pays to not be a hypocrite. And yes, I am a cyclist. Ha.

I HATE dayton.

D-West & PO-Z
06-10-2010, 03:54 PM
People who drive slowly in the fast lane.

[/COLOR][/B]

DING DING DING!

My biggest pet peeve ever! Im getting worked up just thinking about it. Its not even people who are just driving slow, it is slower than me. Even if you are going over the speed limit, if a car is coming up behind you going faster and you have space to get over, then freaking get over. The left lane is not meant to cruise in, or even drive in. If you arent passing someone, drive in the right lane.

How are people ignorant to these things?

D-West & PO-Z
06-10-2010, 03:56 PM
By far my number one is people driving slow in the left lane on the highway. Ugh! A couple of points to mention.

1. I dont care if you are driving above the speed limit or what you think is fast, if I am behind you and driving faster get the **** out of the way.

2. The left lane isnt even meant for driving in. It is meant for passing. I hate it when there is no one in any of the other lanes and someone is driving in the left lane, get the **** over.

3. If I am right behind you clearly wanting you to get over when there is no one in the other lane and I flash my lights that isnt me saying hello, get over.

I deal with stupid people driving like this all the time on my trips to/from St. Louis. Most the time if possible I will just go around the person if there is room to the right but sometimes I dont just because of the principle of the matter. Also if I do that it should be a freaking sign for you to get over.

Ha, I had to look back in this thread. I figured that I already had posted about slow people in the left lane.

XUglow
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
- People that drive past the white line into an intersection and then just sit there because the turn arrow will never come on. (Oh wait, is that my congressman?)

PM Thor
06-10-2010, 06:29 PM
- People that drive past the white line into an intersection and then just sit there because the turn arrow will never come on. (Oh wait, is that my congressman?)

Yeah, I forgot this one. The white lines for the crosswalk are not the stop line. The stop line is well short of the crosswalk, yet idiots always pull up to the crosswalk line, totally ignoring the stop line. Big pet peeve of mine.

And another one...when you go through a drivethrough and the employee doesn't say anything at all, not a word. Drives me nuts. Just be cordial a bit. I guess that's why they are working in a drivethrough though.

I HATE dayton.

Muskie1000
06-10-2010, 06:58 PM
In Florida, where my Father In Law lives, they apparently have cameras at those kind of intersections and if you don't stop behind the correct white line, they send you a ticket.

MADXSTER
06-10-2010, 07:15 PM
This is probably my biggest pet peeve.

Stopping for a school bus.

On a 4 lane road, Oncoming trafic Does Not stop for a school bus. I've almost been in two accidents because people slam on their brakes to stop. I've even seen a policeman stop. He should have given himself a ticket for impeding traffic.

PM Thor
06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Oooh, how about the people who don't turn on their lights when it's raining, or when it's sunup/sundown? Or people who cut you off, in that area where you are obviously leaving space because your cars brake system needs the space (as compared to whatever rocket car the idiot is driving)?

Or the idiots who blow through an intersection when the lights are malfunctioning? It's a four way stop you dolts. Four way stop.

Meh, I'm just going to say that I despise idiots behind the wheel and I wish that we could turn people in for stupidity on the road.

I HATE dayton.

X-band '01
06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
\Or the idiots who blow through an intersection when the lights are malfunctioning? It's a four way stop you dolts. Four way stop.

Too bad people didn't remember that during the Blackout/Windstorm of 2008. F'ers.

RealDeal
06-11-2010, 12:58 PM
DING DING DING!

My biggest pet peeve ever! Im getting worked up just thinking about it. Its not even people who are just driving slow, it is slower than me. Even if you are going over the speed limit, if a car is coming up behind you going faster and you have space to get over, then freaking get over. The left lane is not meant to cruise in, or even drive in. If you arent passing someone, drive in the right lane.

How are people ignorant to these things?

Yeah, my dad drives 55 in the left lane. It's not that he doesn't know better or doesn't notice his speed, he does it on purpose. To him that is the proper speed and F everyone who wants to go faster, they are idiots. He's a real piece of work. So when I was a kid and rode with him, people would pass us on the right, and I would be in the passenger seat looking at them as they flipped us off, yelled F you, etc. It happened every time we took the highway.

Good times.

Smails
06-11-2010, 01:20 PM
13.1 and 26.2 bumper stickers...like anyone gives a flying fig that you spend your free time running around the city.

Hey, look at me, I run half marathons.... Eat a freakin dick

D-West & PO-Z
06-11-2010, 01:22 PM
13.1 and 26.2 bumper stickers...like anyone gives a flying fig that you spend your free time running around the city.

Hahaha. Reps. (If the man lets me.)

D-West & PO-Z
06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah, my dad drives 55 in the left lane. It's not that he doesn't know better or doesn't notice his speed, he does it on purpose. To him that is the proper speed and F everyone who wants to go faster, they are idiots. He's a real piece of work. So when I was a kid and rode with him, people would pass us on the right, and I would be in the passenger seat looking at them as they flipped us off, yelled F you, etc. It happened every time we took the highway.

Good times.

Yeah that would really piss me off. Its not up to your dad to regulate that speed of others. I bet he got a good laugh at pissing people off tho. I never get to the point where I flip people off or anything like that, but I just get very annoyed.

This makes me think of another one. Truckers who act like thay are regulators of the road. Example is when they block the emergency lane in traffic if they see someone coming up it. I agree that person doing that is a dick but the truckers have no idea when it really is an emergency. When I was a kid my family was driving on vacation and my grandma was with us. We were stuck in traffic and she started to become ill and was not feeling well. We wanted to get off at the closest exit up ahead a mile or two. My mom drove in the emergency lane to get there because the traffic was dead stopped and a trucker pulled off and blocked our path. My mom was pointing to my grandma to get this douche to realize she was sick and we needed to get off quickly. He didnt move. We had to drive in the grass off road to swerve around this idiot.

smileyy
06-11-2010, 01:39 PM
The white lines for the crosswalk are not the stop line. The stop line is well short of the crosswalk, yet idiots always pull up to the crosswalk line, totally ignoring the stop line. Big pet peeve of mine.

I always feel like an ass in this situation, but don't know how to do it any different:

Red light, I'm turning right on red when traffic clears. Start of light, there's traffic but no pedestrians, so I'm pulled up to the corner to see traffic. By the time the traffic is clearing, pedestrians who have arrived now have to awkwardly go around me.

This mostly happens in downtown city driving.

Kahns Krazy
06-11-2010, 01:41 PM

Good times.

Wow. I would not handle that well.

[B][COLOR="Navy"]I preach "Share The Road", but actually pay attention to the laws of the road. It pays to not be a hypocrite. And yes, I am a cyclist. Ha.

I HATE dayton.

The cyclist part may have just been there to bait you...

I have no problem sharing the road. I go out of my way to give bikes an extra wide berth when passing, and have no problem waiting behind a bike for a clear spot to pass. But once I've passed you (general biker you, not Thor you), I'm done with you. I don't want you sliding up on my right at the next red light so we have to play the same stupd game again. I'm far more likely to hit you the second time around.

By the way Thor - are you doing the Hyde Park Blast races this year?

For some reason, I don't mind the 26.2 ones. If that's your thing, whatever. It's a marathon. There's history to it.

The 13.1 ones to me are rediculous. It's like a bumper sticker that says "I quit halfway". Should I get a "3.1" sticker for doing the Reggae Run, even though I'm really only doing it for the beers at the end?

RealDeal
06-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah that would really piss me off. Its not up to your dad to regulate that speed of others. I bet he got a good laugh at pissing people off tho. I never get to the point where I flip people off or anything like that, but I just get very annoyed.

Just to be clear to everyone, I don't blame the people for flipping my dad off, I agree with them. The left lane is for passing, get the hell over.

drudy23
06-11-2010, 02:43 PM
You're on a 5 lane road (middle lane is for turning). You're turning left. The people coming the other way (closest to the turn lane) purposely stop to let you turn, not realizing that the person turning cannot see anyone coming behind them in the "curb" lane (especially if the person letting you in is driving a large SUV). Then they sit there and wave you on like you're some kind of moron when you don't turn.

Hey moron, I'm not going to turn just because you're waving me to get slammed by the oncoming car in the curb lane going 55 mph.

So, I guess I hate people trying to be helpful when they're actually on the verge of killing someone.

D-West & PO-Z
06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Those damn noise makers at the World Cup.

xu95
06-12-2010, 10:41 PM
My biggest pet peeve is Muskie giving LH posting rights.

xu95

PM Thor
06-13-2010, 10:11 PM

I have no problem sharing the road. I go out of my way to give bikes an extra wide berth when passing, and have no problem waiting behind a bike for a clear spot to pass. But once I've passed you (general biker you, not Thor you), I'm done with you. I don't want you sliding up on my right at the next red light so we have to play the same stupd game again. I'm far more likely to hit you the second time around.

I agree, unless there is a dedicated bike lane on the street involved. It really bugs me when cyclists don't pay attention to laws of the road. If you want to be considered as equal to other vehicles, then the same laws freaking apply.

As for the Hyde Park Blast, I'm really considering it. I haven't trained for it all, and I'm out of shape, but this is the exact same circumstance as last year. I nearly threw up during the race, but it was FUN. Didn't even finish, but it was great. So yeah, I'm leaning towards doing it.

I HATE dayton.

Cheesehead
06-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Wow. I would not handle that well.

For some reason, I don't mind the 26.2 ones. If that's your thing, whatever. It's a marathon. There's history to it.

The 13.1 ones to me are rediculous. It's like a bumper sticker that says "I quit halfway". Should I get a "3.1" sticker for doing the Reggae Run, even though I'm really only doing it for the beers at the end?

Hilarious. I've done several full and half marathons but have none of those stickers on my car. I also don't go around wearing my flying pig t-shirts all over the place. You're right: no one really cares.

pickledpigsfeet
06-14-2010, 10:43 AM
People who drive really slow in the left passing lane and then when you get in the right lane to pass them, they speed up, even when no one else is around. You then either end up driving along side them because they're finally going the speed you wanted to go or you end up going 85 just to pass them, in which case, they go back to their original slow speed.

People on flights in first class who don't put their little complimentary water bottles in the seat pockets in front of them and instead leave them to sit on the arm rest tray. Then on take off, during turbulence, or even during landing, the bottles inevitably go rolling all over the place or fall in my lap. You may not want that free bottle of water but don't make it my problem.

People that call you and within 10 seconds put you on hold. Unless it could be a piece of information that could be important to me, just call me back.

People not respecting a thing called personal space when traveling, especially at airports. I don't need to feel you and/or your bag up against me at all times. A bump followed by an apology is okay, it happens but the constant contact is bothersome, especially when you're talking on your cell phone, repeatedly coughing, or are sweating profusely.

Going into a restaurant along, ordering enough food to feed a small army, and the person behind the counter asking if that will be for here or to go. No bitch, I just ordered half of a pig and 5 large sides and its obviously just me, it will be for here and I just need one spoon. WTF.

Skeeting on a bitch and her asking for a towel to clean it up. Lap that shit up and consider yourself lucky that I dropped a load on your face or at least be better prepared. Jeez, the women of today.

Pablo's Brother
06-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Microwave popcorn. Can't stand the smell or the people who eat it. Should be a death penalty offense. Or, at least a felony.

Smails
06-14-2010, 02:48 PM
People with Handicapped stickers that have no business having them. Awww...the Finneytown Kroger parking lot makes my blood boil. Actual conversation:

Smails: "You know that's a handicapped spot?"
Offender: "Yeah I got a sticker"
Smails: "But you're not handicapped"
Offender: "My sticker says I am"
Smails: "is that sticker registered to you?"
Offender:...turns back and walks away with 2 kids in tote
Smails: "You're setting a great example to your kids by showing them the absolute laziest way to live" (Wife steps in and tells me she'd rather not get stabbed today and we go on with our business)

And don't get me going on blatant littering

D-West & PO-Z
06-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Soccer players exaggerating and down right faking injuries.

SixFig
06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
My list:

1. People who are intolerant of other people without walking one day in their shoes.

2. Nascar lovin', Evan Williams drinkin' Rednecks who give nothing to this country except their ability to vote: to kill the environment, put guns in the hands of people who don't know how to use them, and basically shoot down progressive human rights (homosexuals/immigrants/women) as they have done for the past 150 years.

smileyy
06-14-2010, 04:13 PM
So how did you know they weren't handicapped, Smails? There's a good chance you're right. But there's also a reasonable possibility of a non-visible handicap, and a complete lack of desire for them to justify their life to you.

XURunner85
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Pet peeve, post that were started in May of 2008 and come back in June of 2010....ugggghhhh

Cheesehead
06-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Pet peeve, post that were started in May of 2008 and come back in June of 2010....ugggghhhh

good point....

Smails
06-15-2010, 07:29 AM
So how did you know they weren't handicapped, Smails? There's a good chance you're right. But there's also a reasonable possibility of a non-visible handicap, and a complete lack of desire for them to justify their life to you.

I hear you, but this person was in no way physically handicapped. My guess is that this woman in her early 20's was either driving her grandmas car or borrowed her grandmas tag to get a good parking spot. I didn't ask her to justify her life, just obey the laws and not take spots away from those in need.

Kahns Krazy
06-15-2010, 10:44 AM
F**kers that take the last cup of coffee and don't make another pot. It takes 15 seconds, you freakin ass.

xuab
06-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I hear you, but this person was in no way physically handicapped. My guess is that this woman in her early 20's was either driving her grandmas car or borrowed her grandmas tag to get a good parking spot. I didn't ask her to justify her life, just obey the laws and not take spots away from those in need.

When I was at X, I worked in the CAPs office. There was a student in his 20s who said he had a handicapped sticker because of a heart condition. He looked perfectly healthy and said people would question him all the time. So, he parked in the lot in Kuhlman and walked. He passed out in the middle of the lot and decided he would live with the comments and park in the handicapped spots because that's what he needed to do.

Taught me that looks can be very deceiving. Sure there are people who abuse it, but because of what he told me; I will never make a comment to someone.

Kahns Krazy
06-15-2010, 12:19 PM

I agree. Dwelling on something from 2 years ago is way too long, XURunner85

RealDeal
06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
When I was at X, I worked in the CAPs office. There was a student in his 20s who said he had a handicapped sticker because of a heart condition. He looked perfectly healthy and said people would question him all the time. So, he parked in the lot in Kuhlman and walked. He passed out in the middle of the lot and decided he would live with the comments and park in the handicapped spots because that's what he needed to do.

Taught me that looks can be very deceiving. Sure there are people who abuse it, but because of what he told me; I will never make a comment to someone.

I know what you're saying xuab, but as a handicapped person who gets questioned sometimes when I park in a handicapped spot, I actually like it when I see people willing to say something. The proliferation of handicapped parking passes is ridiculous, people have an ankle or leg issue and their doctor prescribes a 3 year placard. Their issue is gone in a few months and they use the pass (or their kids or grandkids use the pass) for the remaining 2 plus years. Which, by the way, is illegal.

D-West & PO-Z
06-15-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm not a huge fan of people policing other people. Unless of course you are a police officer. Sometimes there are reasons for someone doing something that a person may not think is legal or whatever but there is a legit reason. Let people whose job it is take care of it or question it. I guess there may be certain instances where you should say something but the majority of the time its not really your place.

smileyy
06-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I like to have faith that people do the right thing. I am not my brother's/neighbor's/fellow-city-dweller's moral conscience.

Smails
06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
I guess that's where we differ Smiley and Dwest. Would you say something to someone who chucks their Burger King bag out of their window on your street, or would you leave it to the cops to find and police them?

Maybe I'm more confrontational than the next person, but blatant disrespect for your community and the people in it makes me sick.

smileyy
06-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, that's fine -- it's just a difference :)

With the Burger King bag, it's also pretty obvious that they're littering, whereas with the previous scenario, there was ambiguity.

D-West & PO-Z
06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
I guess that's where we differ Smiley and Dwest. Would you say something to someone who chucks their Burger King bag out of their window on your street, or would you leave it to the cops to find and police them?

Maybe I'm more confrontational than the next person, but blatant disrespect for your community and the people in it makes me sick.

Yeah the ambiguity thing is what does it for me for the most part. You dont always know a situation.

As regards to the BK bag, I would probably have to run pretty fast to catch their car but I think I could handle it. But in all seriousness I'm not sure I would say something there. If it were in my yard, hell ya, but in other situations if I was extremely bugged by it I would probably pick it up and throw it away for the jackasses. People are idiots and I dont really have the energy to teach them. (Unless it is driving slow in the left lane :D)

Kahns Krazy
06-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Whenever I'm doing one home repair project and I break something else in the process.

DC Muskie
06-23-2010, 01:06 PM
People who fill out brackets for the World Cup.

Then complain that their bracket is busted because their country won.

Soccer fans are idiots.

Blueblob4life
06-23-2010, 05:28 PM
People who fill out brackets for the World Cup.

Then complain that their bracket is busted because their country won.

Soccer fans are idiots.

To that comment I want to say that I hate that people in America pretend that they know so much about soccer/futbol just because they watched the USA games when in fact they know nothing and they're the ultimate bandwagoners. Not saying that everyone does that but it is a rather large number of people who pretend that they're suddenly experts on the Beautiful Game because they get caught up in the excitement.

Admit you're a casual fan or just a World Cup fever person and we're fine, otherwise you are the person I can't stand.

Also, American Soccer teams from the MLS need to stop adding "F.C." to the end of their team names. Of the small percentage of Americans who actually watch the sport regularly and follow it internationally, an even smaller percentage call it football here and by using the "F.C.", i.e. Sounders F.C., you just look dumb. If we're going to embrace soccer in America, let's make it our own and call it soccer and quit pretending that we call it football/futbol.

If you couldn't tell, I actually like the sport and I love watching it. Glory Glory, Man United......

DC Muskie
06-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Beautiful gamers

American Man U fans.

X-band '01
06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
DC, I wholeheartedly disagree:

ManU Fan Club from Ohio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dib2rdQK374)

Blueblob4life
06-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Beautiful gamers

American Man U fans.

aw thats just harsh..........

Kahns Krazy
06-24-2010, 09:48 AM
To that comment I want to say that I hate that people in America pretend that they know so much about soccer/futbol just because they watched the USA games when in fact they know nothing and they're the ultimate bandwagoners. Not saying that everyone does that but it is a rather large number of people who pretend that they're suddenly experts on the Beautiful Game because they get caught up in the excitement.

Admit you're a casual fan or just a World Cup fever person and we're fine, otherwise you are the person I can't stand.

Thanks for making my case about pretentious soccer fans....

Did you even read this before you posted it? You know more about a subject than someone else, so if they get caught up in the excitement and want to talk about it, you can't stand them? Sheeeesh...

boozehound
06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Microwave popcorn. Can't stand the smell or the people who eat it. Should be a death penalty offense. Or, at least a felony.

Along that line: Microwaving fish, or stinky food in general, at work. Particularly fish. I like fish. I just don't like smelling it all day at work.

At my old office there was a lady who used to microwave fish from time to time. To make matters worse, she used to eat lunch very early (like 11am). It was awesome.

Kahns Krazy
06-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I am weird about fish. There is no such thing in my world as leftover fish. If I didn't eat it right after it was cooked, it's garbage. I don't really know why, but part of it may be the smell of reheated fish.

boozehound
06-24-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't really think that not eating leftover fish is very wierd. Leftover / reheated fish is just not good. My only exception would be taking leftover Salmon or Tuna and mixing with Mayo, etc. to make a salad sandwhich.

Blueblob4life
06-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks for making my case about pretentious soccer fans....

Did you even read this before you posted it? You know more about a subject than someone else, so if they get caught up in the excitement and want to talk about it, you can't stand them? Sheeeesh...

That wasn't my point at all. It just bothers me when people pretend that they are actual fans of the team and the game. Yes, I know, there's pride in being able to cheer for your country in a global sporting event, but seriously, too many people pretend like they love the game when they can't stand it any other time of the year, especially when they don't know anyone besides Mr. Landon Donovan.
Maybe I didn't explain it thoroughly and I am a bit of a soccer snob, but I'm not a fan of people pretending to be fans when they aren't. I mean really, let's talk about fake and pretentious and the bandwagon jumpers. Be a casual fan and that's ok, just don't act like you've followed the team or know much about our opponents.

xu2006
06-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Stuart Scott saying Eggs-avier last night during the draft. What a lazy eyed prick.

xuwin
06-25-2010, 08:07 AM
I hate when people insert political shots into sports discussions. I go to sports threads to get away from that kind of stuff.

D-West & PO-Z
06-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Which of Stuarts Scott's eyes is the glass eye? They both look fake.

Blueblob4life
06-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Which of Stuarts Scott's eyes is the glass eye? They both look fake.

I believe the left one is the fake

Denver Muskie
06-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Beautiful gamers

American Man U fans.

I concur. Also hate people who can't park within a parking space. How hard is it?

XU-PA
06-26-2010, 02:54 PM
with all respect to the back and forth arguments so common here, back to pet peeves

Stores, restaurants, bars, offices, whatever, that allow their employees to use their entrance-ways as smoking areas. When your front door smells like an ashtray, I think I'll pass on coming through!

And the people who smoke there.

boozehound
06-26-2010, 07:45 PM
How about people in front of you who reach a top speed of a whopping 30mph on the on-ramp to the highway? Is it really a good idea to try to merge at 35 mph? What the hell is wrong with you? Now I am stuck behind you trying to get on the highway at 30 miles per hour. Real safe. Asshole.

XU-PA
06-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Boozehound, how about the opposite. The jackoff that speeds up to 85, whips around you in the right hand lane, swerves back in front of you only to take the exit ramp a quarter mile away. The "i have to be first" attitue at it's best.

In my daily travels, since I drive a truck with a rather long trailer attached, I run across people all the time who are so unbelievably impatient and important, that they can't wait the 15 seconds it takes to back into a driveway at a customers house. You know that 15 seconds in the AM will make or break their day at work!

Kahns Krazy
06-28-2010, 10:22 AM
That reminds me of another one.

People that drive trucks with long trailers attached that think they can close the road whenever they feel like it.

Kidding.

Kind of.

I'm with you on the smoking by the door think though. I hate that.

MADXSTER
06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Boozehound, how about the opposite. The jackoff that speeds up to 85, whips around you in the right hand lane, swerves back in front of you only to take the exit ramp a quarter mile away. The "i have to be first" attitue at it's best.

Yeah, like when there is a red light up ahead and people race past you then slam on the brakes to stop. People hurrying up to stop. Makes me laugh.

boozehound
06-28-2010, 12:50 PM

In my daily travels, since I drive a truck with a rather long trailer attached, I run across people all the time who are so unbelievably impatient and important, that they can't wait the 15 seconds it takes to back into a driveway at a customers house. You know that 15 seconds in the AM will make or break their day at work!

I see your point, although the guy who passes me to get off at the next exit doesn't really bother me that much. If you want to pass me, go ahead. I am usually going over the speed limit anyways. Unless they are going to pass me and then cut me off, then I might get a little annoyed.

MADXSTER: I particularly love the people downtown who floor it when the light turns green, only to get to the next light while it is still red, slam on their breaks, repeat until they reach their destination.

If you just go a little slower you will hit all the lights as they turn green. They are timed that way. You aren't going to get there any faster by flooring it.

DC Muskie
06-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Reading and listening to people who think soccer should have instant replay.

Masterofreality
06-29-2010, 08:51 AM
People who park directly across the street behind someone else's driveway- despite having all kinds of curb room to park further away..

I guess they're hoping for someone to back into their car to total it out.

XU-PA
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
People who park directly across the street behind someone else's driveway- despite having all kinds of curb room to park further away..

I guess they're hoping for someone to back into their car to total it out.

Or, the hillbillys that park all six of their cars on the street to leave room for one engine-less 74 chevy pickup in the driveway.

boozehound
06-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Or, the hillbillys that park all six of their cars on the street to leave room for one engine-less 74 chevy pickup in the driveway.

That's a good one. You have 3 cars parked in the street and none in the driveway. Why?

DC Muskie
07-03-2010, 06:19 AM
X Games in general, but X Games commercials specifically.

smileyy
07-03-2010, 02:59 PM
X Games in general, but X Games commercials specifically.

A college friend of mine called them the Worthless (Winter) X-Games, and the Stupid (Summer) X-Games.

Kahns Krazy
07-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Just to be clear to everyone, I don't blame the people for flipping my dad off, I agree with them. The left lane is for passing, get the hell over.

Does your dad drive a minivan, and was he on 71 South this morning ? There was a guy going 55 in the left lane. I got around him, and he was honking at me and making a "slow down" motion as I passed.

RealDeal
07-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Does your dad drive a minivan, and was he on 71 South this morning ? There was a guy going 55 in the left lane. I got around him, and he was honking at me and making a "slow down" motion as I passed.

That wasn't him. It's good to know he isn't the only guy out there like that.

Kahns Krazy
07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Today's pet peeve: Stupid broads that drive with their little yippy dog on their lap. Any dudes that do it are equally stupid. Actually more so. But it seems to me that I only see women pull this particular move.

blobfan
07-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Today's pet peeve: Stupid broads that drive with their little yippy dog on their lap. Any dudes that do it are equally stupid. Actually more so. But it seems to me that I only see women pull this particular move.

Yes, the broads drive with stupid yippy dogs on their laps and the dudes drive with big slobbery dogs on their laps. I'd rather be on the road with the broads because at least they can see over the dog.

I think I live too close to Norwood.

Kahns Krazy
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Good lord. I really don't think I've seen a big slobbery dog riding in a driver's lap. That's not a peeve, that's dangerous.

bobbiemcgee
07-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Good lord. I really don't think I've seen a big slobbery dog riding in a driver's lap. That's not a peeve, that's dangerous.

How rude. That was a UD fan eating watermelon with his girlfriend.

American X
07-16-2010, 08:57 AM
The nuclear reactor breach alarms for cars coming out of a parking garage. Bloody crike what an ungodly noise.

They are completely unnecessary. How did we survive before them? Remember the rash of people getting smushed at parking garage exits? Me neither.

If you still think it necessary, a flashing light will do. At least turn down the damn things a few dozen decibels.

DART87
07-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Men who put fruit in their beer.

There are other drinks if you want something "fruity". Leave the beer alone. If you must put fruit in your beer to make it drinkable...choose a better beer.

X-band '01
07-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Men who put fruit in their beer.

There are other drinks if you want something "fruity". Leave the beer alone. If you must put fruit in your beer to make it drinkable...choose a better beer.

Man Law: Don't Fruit the Beer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAXk8h1iHAw)

blobfan
07-16-2010, 12:30 PM
So are the little dogs.

How rude. That was a UD fan eating watermelon with his girlfriend.
Even Dayton women aren't THAT hairy.

The nuclear reactor breach alarms for cars coming out of a parking garage. Bloody crike what an ungodly noise.

They are completely unnecessary. How did we survive before them? Remember the rash of people getting smushed at parking garage exits? Me neither.

If you still think it necessary, a flashing light will do. At least turn down the damn things a few dozen decibels.
I park in a garage with one of those alarms and as annoying as it is, it DOES help to avert accidents. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the number of idiots that think while on foot they can beat a car to the exit or across the street, but they do. The alarm makes them think twice.

Kahns Krazy
07-19-2010, 07:55 AM
It isn't in this thread, but I'm pretty sure we covered it in another thread at one point.

People who get vanity plates that tell you what kind of car it is. Like a plate on a Ferrari that says "MYFRARI" .

Juice
07-19-2010, 08:52 AM
It isn't in this thread, but I'm pretty sure we covered it in another thread at one point.

People who get vanity plates that tell you what kind of car it is. Like a plate on a Ferrari that says "MYFRARI" .

People with VW Bugs are the worst offenders of this. I want to ram into the back of their cars.

D-West & PO-Z
07-19-2010, 09:00 AM
People with VW Bugs are the worst offenders of this. I want to ram into the back of their cars.

I thought this as well until I took a summer job at the BMW store a couple years ago. People with Mini Coopers are even worse than people with the Bugs.

We did have a long thread about that.

boozehound
07-19-2010, 09:07 AM
I thought this as well until I took a summer job at the BMW store a couple years ago. People with Mini Coopers are even worse than people with the Bugs.

We did have a long thread about that.

I don't even think that they will let you drive a mini cooper off of the lot without ordering a personalized license plate.

Kahns Krazy
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I assume there's some sort of vanity plate on every bug and mini. It's the ones on relatively pedestrian cars that I think are the dumbest. Like the Ford Escape with the "ESCAPE5" license plate.

DC Muskie
07-19-2010, 12:07 PM
People who order five or more sandwiches in Subway. So when you walk in, you think you only have to wait for one or two people, only to find out you are actually tenth in the sandwich line so Doris can get Betty a BMT footlong.

Cheesehead
07-20-2010, 09:30 PM
People who order five or more sandwiches in Subway. So when you walk in, you think you only have to wait for one or two people, only to find out you are actually tenth in the sandwich line so Doris can get Betty a BMT footlong.

God yes! I was behind 2 women about 2 weeks ago who ordered 10 subs and then of course each one had really specific requirements. To make matters worse, one of them insisted on checking her email on her phone and then acted surprised each time the worker asked her about the condiments for each sandwhich which just delayed things even more.

Extremely rude. I wanted to punch both in the head. Go Mel Gibson on their ass!

boozehound
07-21-2010, 06:48 AM
How about the 'Golf Course advice guy'? When you get paired up with a random single or pair and somebody just has to give swing advice to other people he doesn't know. It's never the guy who goes out and shoots par either. I probably wouldn't mind some swing tips from him. It's the guy that struggles to break 100 that wants to give you swing advice while you are shooting 10 strokes better than him.

D-West & PO-Z
07-21-2010, 09:19 AM
How about the 'Golf Course advice guy'? When you get paired up with a random single or pair and somebody just has to give swing advice to other people he doesn't know. It's never the guy who goes out and shoots par either. I probably wouldn't mind some swing tips from him. It's the guy that struggles to break 100 that wants to give you swing advice while you are shooting 10 strokes better than him.

Or the I'm going to take 80 practice swings before I hit and still chunk it guy.

boozehound
07-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Or the I'm going to take 80 practice swings before I hit and still chunk it guy.

That guy is great, too. He is usually playing with "I am going to take 5 minutes to line up my 3 footer for triple-bogey" guy.

D-West & PO-Z
07-21-2010, 09:28 AM
That guy is great, too. He is usually playing with "I am going to take 5 minutes to line up my 3 footer for triple-bogey" guy.

Ha hysterical.

Kahns Krazy
07-21-2010, 09:42 AM
I just about refuse to play with less than four for that reason. The last time it happened we hate a late cancellation, and we got stuck with a loner at the turn. After about 5 holes with the guy, I said to him "I now understand why you're out here alone". That actually shut him up for the last 4 holes.

DC Muskie
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Today's pet peeve: Stupid broads that drive with their little yippy dog on their lap.

I actually saw this twice yesterday. One a fat woman who I think had what looked like a St. Bernard stretched over her lap was trying to cut over 4 lanes of traffic.

How in the world is that comfortable?

The other appeared like she had a rat that stuck out of her armpit.

Kahns Krazy
07-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I actually saw this twice yesterday. One a fat woman who I think had what looked like a St. Bernard stretched over her lap was trying to cut over 4 lanes of traffic.

How in the world is that comfortable?

The other appeared like she had a rat that stuck out of her armpit.

I think maybe you just saw a couple of broads that don't believe in shaving anywhere.

Kahns Krazy
07-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Today's pet peeve:

When the hot chick in the office walks in right after you fart.

MADXSTER
07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Today's pet peeve:

When the hot chick in the office walks in right after you fart.

My guess is this is her pet peeve as well. :D

Masterofreality
07-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Guys who enter Tournaments, but have absolutely no idea of golf course etiquette. Especially:

-Not being aware of when they infringe on another player's line of sight.
-Not being aware of another guys putting line.
-Losing their cool and screaming epithets when other players on adjacent holes are obviously trying to play.
-Being a pain in the backside when you need to record their score on a hole.

You would think that a guy who has a good enough handicap to br eligible to enter a Tournament would not be "that guy." Unfortunately, this past weekend, I encountered him. What an a$$-wipe.

AdamtheFlyer
07-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Biggest golf pet peeve: Mr. "I'm going to take my wife/kid out for their first round on a weekend morning, and then not let a single group play through" guy. He tends to show up the same day as "Mr. Ranger who'd rather smoke a blunt in the woods than actually do his job" guy.

I know we're all playing a muni, but have a little etiquette. Take the beginners out at 4PM on the weekends. If you do have to play early, plan a long round and let people play through. It'll be much better for everyone, most of all your beginner. They don't need the pressure of a group constantly on their tail.

bobbiemcgee
07-27-2010, 08:37 PM
I used to belong to a club, but there were so many ass hole golf snobs there it made me puke. Took all the fun out of the game. There was always some bs controversy which didn't amount to a hill of beans.

xu95
07-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Guys who enter Tournaments, but have absolutely no idea of golf course etiquette. Especially:

-Losing their cool and screaming epithets when other players on adjacent holes are obviously trying to play.

You would think that a guy who has a good enough handicap to br eligible to enter a Tournament would not be "that guy." Unfortunately, this past weekend, I encountered him. What an a$$-wipe.

Or blogging during the event and holding up other foursomes :)

xu95

American X
07-28-2010, 08:55 AM

Whiny golf snobs.

Just move to Del Boca Vista Phase II already.

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/edwin-dibos.jpg

What an a$$-wipe.

Oh, don't talk about XU 87 that way.

Smails
07-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Can't stand the old dudes at my club who bitch and moan about every possible thing:

-The rough is too long
-The greens are too fast/slow
-So and so's kid was playing with his shirt untucked
-" I can't believe we have to stay on the cart paths today!"
-The price of beer at this club is too high

blah blah blah

X-band '01
08-01-2010, 11:41 PM
News outlets with NFL power rankings 2 days into training camp. There is one irrefutable group of rankings out there - they're called the regular season standings.

American X
08-05-2010, 08:48 AM
When the first responder to a new thread quotes the entire first post. You have the second post in the thread. What the hell else could you be responding to? Stop it.

Related - quoting an entire massive post when you only want to respond to a small part. Edit down.

Masterofreality
08-05-2010, 03:48 PM
When the first responder to a new thread quotes the entire first post. You have the second post in the thread. What the hell else could you be responding to? Stop it.

Related - quoting an entire massive post when you only want to respond to a small part. Edit down.

Spoken like a true moderator who is looking after bandwidth.:p

XUglow
08-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Steroid-induced home run records.

smileyy
08-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Yeah, it'll be nice when Alex Rodriguez erases one of those :)

SixFig
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
When two converging people with dogs mingle and take up the whole damn sidewalk Are you kidding me? 2 people + Dogs + Leashes takes up like ten feet of space. Here I am having to run in the road now dodging cars just because you are oblivious when some stranger is complimenting your pets.

Masterofreality
08-06-2010, 07:05 AM

As Christine Brennan wrote in USA Today err, USA Yesterday,

since Alex Rodriguez admitted that he took 'roids all through his Texas Rangers tenure, all of those homers he hit then should be expunged.

That means that he hit number 444 this week.

Kahns Krazy
08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
When two converging people with dogs mingle and take up the whole damn sidewalk Are you kidding me? 2 people + Dogs + Leashes takes up like ten feet of space. Here I am having to run in the road now dodging cars just because you are oblivious when some stranger is complimenting your pets.

People who are oblivious to their surroundings in general are a pet peeve, but when I run, I treat walkers on the sidewalk as having the right of way.

nuts4xu
08-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Stems and seeds.

They just suck in general.

Masterofreality
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Stems and seeds.

Yep....

...and a connoisseur of the "natural herbal mind enhancers" -like you- would know.

SixFig
08-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Stems and seeds.

At first I thought this was coming from a Dayton fan concerning watermelons. After all...who wants to waste time spitting out seeds when there is so much good watermelon to go around?

Kahns Krazy
08-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm predicting that by the end of this "Play me I'm yours" piano installation thing, idiots playing "Heart and Soul" and "Chopsticks" will be my new biggest pet peeve.

Ran into another one this morning in a doctor's waiting room: Idiots who stare at their loudly ringing cell phone while trying to decide if they are going to answer it. On pretty much every cell phone, any button silences the ringer. Push it, you freaking mouth breather. The rest of us don't think your croaking frog ring tone is so clever.

blobfan
08-11-2010, 02:05 PM

Ooh! I'm with you there. I LOATHE those retractable leashes. People use it as an excuse to not pay attention. It's really funny to see someone walked by a chihuahua or other small dog. People who let their dogs walk them is a BIG pet peeve of mine. I'm not sure which is worse: the people that let their dogs drag them down the street or the people too lazy to walk their dogs so the thing ends up yipping in their yard for hours on end because it has too much energy to be left in the house.

There are too many dogs in my neighborhood. At least the one idiot neighbor got rid of his rooster.

XUglow
08-11-2010, 02:32 PM
100 degrees F.

Kahns Krazy
08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
There are too many dogs in my neighborhood. At least the one idiot neighbor got rid of his rooster.

Didn't realize it was bothering you. But it was good eatin'!

Smails
08-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Paying full price for pre-season football games

Pre-season football in general

D-West & PO-Z
08-12-2010, 12:15 PM

No kidding. We have season tickets to the Giants and it drives my dad crazy.

We got our season tickets the other day. The tickets for the first game are sweet and and like a big hard plastic ticket so that you can keep them and they dont get trashed.

I want to say that my dad gets automatically charged for parking as well for the pre season games. Cant say that for sure though.

Kahns Krazy
08-12-2010, 02:17 PM

The only upside to this is that when you donate these to charity, you get the full face price write-off.

Plug, plug, plug...

http://mostvaluablekids.org/mvkmain.cfm

D-West & PO-Z
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
The only upside to this is that when you donate these to charity, you get the full face price write-off.

Plug, plug, plug...

http://mostvaluablekids.org/mvkmain.cfm

I see they are in NY too. If my dad hasnt already done something with our preseason tickets I will recommend he check this out.

DC Muskie
08-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Red Sox fan. Or when it arrives as a Phillies fan.

But mostly Red Sox fan. Who wakes up in a completely different city and goes to a baseball game that features two teams not named the Boston Red Sox.

But he must put on his baseball cap. And his Nomar shirt. So everyone will know he is...

Red Sox fan.

D-West & PO-Z
08-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Red Sox fan. Or when it arrives as a Phillies fan.

But mostly Red Sox fan. Who wakes up in a completely different city and goes to a baseball game that features two teams not named the Boston Red Sox.

But he must put on his baseball cap. And his Nomar shirt. So everyone will know he is...

Red Sox fan.

Yeah, the wearing of one teams jersey to a game featuring two other teams has always struck me as odd. Cubs fans do it all the time at Cardinal games. The hat I can understand because some people wear the same hat every day regardless of where they are going, etc, but the jersey is a conscious effort to make yourself known as a fan of another team.

blobfan
08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, the wearing of one teams jersey to a game featuring two other teams has always struck me as odd. Cubs fans do it all the time at Cardinal games. The hat I can understand because some people wear the same hat every day regardless of where they are going, etc, but the jersey is a conscious effort to make yourself known as a fan of another team.

Was walking downtown during lunch last week and some guy heading to the 12:35 Reds game was wearing a UD shirt.

blobfan
08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Ugh. How about people who use slang like "my bad" in a business situation. It's neither an apology nor a true admission of fault.

You're not a 4-year-old! You are my supervisor's boss! Act like it.

smileyy
08-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Ugh. How about people who use slang like "my bad" in a business situation. It's neither an apology nor a true admission of fault.

You're not a 4-year-old! You are my supervisor's boss! Act like it.

I think being in that position means he gets to do whatever he likes. Also, language changes :)

Kahns Krazy
08-24-2010, 03:17 PM

There's a guy that comes to every Bengal game decked out in Vikings gear. We have kind of gotten to be friends with him. He's a die hard Vikings fan first, a die hard NFL fan second, and a current Cincinnati resident. He goes to Bengals games and roots for the Bengals because he loves football, but he'd rather be at a Vikes game.

I kind of respect it, because he does it for every game. I think if I got transferred to Seattle, I'd become an adopted Seahawks fan, but I'd still be a Bengals fan first. Not sure if I'd go to every game decked out in Bengals gear.

Having said that, I still think certain teams have a majority of the poser fans, and the Red Sox are way up there on that list. If I saw a guy in a Marlins jersey at a Reds-Cubs game, I would think "Huh, that's odd." If I saw a guy in a Sox jersey at the same game, I would think "What a douche."

DC Muskie
08-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Red Sox fan shows up with hat and shirt or jersey. Yesterday at the Nats Cubs game, there was at least a dozen in our section. My friends and I are getting t shirts that read: "Congratulations on your Red Sox hat."

Also, another pet peeve at baseball games.

When did everyone become a Cubs fan? Meaning, when was it decided that everyone would throw homerun balls back into the field? It's a stupid Chicago Cubs tradition that somehow has seeped to other teams and fans who think this is acceptable.

Last night Soriano hit a three run home run. It was caught by a Nats fan actually. The people around him, Cubs fans, Red Sox fan, Phillie fan all were shouting at him to throw the ball back onto the field. Luckily the usher rushed down and told him not to do it and after realizing he'd be thrown out of the park, he sat down. Phillie fan started to boo, because frankly, that's what Phillie fan does best.

It really bothers me when one baseball tradition, like say Cincinnati always playing the first game of the season, gets shoved aside, but then other stupid traditions, like tossing a home run ball back onto the filed, seemed to have spread.

Kahns Krazy
08-25-2010, 11:43 AM
It really bothers me when one baseball tradition, like say Cincinnati always playing the first game of the season, gets shoved aside, but then other stupid traditions, like tossing a home run ball back onto the filed, seemed to have spread.

100% agree. The throwing the baseball thing back is stupid. I've never caught a ball. If I catch one, I'm keeping it, regardless who hit it.

DC Muskie
08-25-2010, 01:32 PM
If I ever caught a ball, I'd throw it at Red Sox fan and then toss him into the field.

That would be worth getting thrown out of a game.

nuts4xu
08-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Here here DC Muskie!

I hate people throwing the ball back, especially when they are not Cubs fans.

Chalk up the wave in that same regard. That was a cheer started by Tigers fans (I think) back in the 80's when Sparky was still managing, and they played the Padres in the WS. Soon after, it became acceptable to do the wave at any and every event that has a crowd. People start the wave in concerts, basketball games, and the worst is when the do the wave in baseball games and the home team is on defense.

I guess it won't be long before we hear Vuvuzelas in baseball stadiums. And since this is the pet peeve thread, I have to add....I hate those friggin things too.

Porkopolis
08-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Here here DC Muskie!

Chalk up the wave in that same regard. That was a cheer started by Tigers fans (I think) back in the 80's when Sparky was still managing, and they played the Padres in the WS. Soon after, it became acceptable to do the wave at any and every event that has a crowd. People start the wave in concerts, basketball games, and the worst is when the do the wave in baseball games and the home team is on defense.

I guess it won't be long before we hear Vuvuzelas in baseball stadiums. And since this is the pet peeve thread, I have to add....I hate those friggin things too.

I'm right there with ya. I hate the wave with a passion and vuvuzelas are a vile creation.

DC Muskie
08-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Here here DC Muskie!

People who spell hear hear, here here.

Sorry I couldn't pass that one up.

And I hate the wave. Especially when it's a good game.

X-band '01
08-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Here here DC Muskie!

Thundersticks have passed like a kidney stone - so too will the vuvuzelas.

Masterofreality
08-29-2010, 03:00 PM
People who spell hear hear, here here.

Sorry I couldn't pass that one up.

And I hate the wave. Especially when it's a good game.

People who say "It's a mute point." Sorry, it's moot.

Also, people who call asphalt "ashphalt.

Kahns Krazy
08-30-2010, 09:37 AM
People who say "It's a mute point." Sorry, it's moot.

Also, people who call asphalt "ashphalt.

From one of my all time favorite episodes of Family Guy:

Brian: Hello? Oh hey Jillian, what's up?
Jillian: Brian, are you coming over to watch Laguna Beach tonight?
Brian: Uh, what time does it start?
Jillian: Ten o'clock, Eastern and Specific Time.
Brian: What? What did you say? Specific Time? Don't you mean Pacific Time?
Jillian: No I think it's called Specific Time. They mean it starts specifically at 10:00.

Smails
08-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Men in 45+ age group who wear Affliction or Ed Hardy shirts...cummon guys

Also...the overweight guy who wear the UnderArmour base layer as his outer layer

D-West & PO-Z
08-30-2010, 01:33 PM

Does this pet peeve really have an age limitation? It think it should encompass anyone age.

Smails
08-30-2010, 02:43 PM
True...but I can stomach a 25 year old wannabe MMA kid over the 40 year old father of 3pushing a stroller at Kings Island rockin the size medium Affliction shirt.

D-West & PO-Z
08-30-2010, 02:45 PM
True...but I can stomach a 25 year old wannabe MMA kid over the 40 year old father of 3pushing a stroller at Kings Island rockin the size medium Affliction shirt.

Yeah that is much worse.

Masterofreality
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM

Also...the overweight guy who wear the UnderArmour base layer as his outer layer

If I wear my "Tool" Tour T shirt, is that OK?

Smails
08-31-2010, 10:25 AM
If I wear my "Tool" Tour T shirt, is that OK?

Ha...that's a good one. As long at it's not sleeveless and 2 sizes too small! There's a difference between being a wannabe and being a music fan. Although the average tool fan might be a tad younger than you, there are no age limits for appreciation of music.

American X
09-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Upscale bars and restaurants showing one price for a drink but charging more.

For example, the extensive menu of libations lists Bourbon X for $11 yet somehow you pay $14 for your fine whiskey. When you inquire about the discrepency, you are informed $11 is the price for a shot but if you want it in a glass it is more (plus tax).

Bullocks.

Kahns Krazy
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Upscale bars and restaurants showing one price for a drink but charging more.

For example, the extensive menu of libations lists Bourbon X for $11 yet somehow you pay $14 for your fine whiskey. When you inquire about the discrepency, you are informed $11 is the price for a shot but if you want it in a glass it is more (plus tax).

Bullocks.

I have heard of this, but I've never encountered it. I'm pretty sure I would go fooey on someone if that happened.

American X
09-10-2010, 03:39 PM
It has happened to me a few times now. Do you want to guess what kind of tip I left?

One barkeep was displeased when I politely explained his would-be tip went toward the privilege of having my drink in glass. Can I get a discount if I sip out of the bottle? Fine establishments, but with many other choices, no reason to tolerate such deception. The basic interaction is paying them to lie to you.

I am eschewing such places for ones with a fine selection on tap. Recognizing you should sample and enjoy several different fine whiskies in the comfort of home with spring water rather than chlorinated ice cubes.

DC Muskie
09-10-2010, 10:23 PM
How much more is in the glass? I used to work in a pub that had a lot of scotch and you needed to measure that stuff out. So putting it in a glass is still a shot. How arbitrary is it to add $3 for an un-measured amount of booze.