PDA

View Full Version : What if Sports Hoops Dynasty

AviatorX
05-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Anyone on here play? I just got my first team, any tips for an amateur?

bigdiggins
05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
When recruiting starts don't spend a dime. Wait until close to signings and the lower rated DII kids who aren't being courted by DII schools will begin to look your way. Also, @ DIII you really can't afford to do much recruiting away from home, as your budgte is too small. Unless the timline has moved into the signings, and you have found a kid no-one else is going after as then you can probably get him cheap.

XBR1
05-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah I have X in Rupp. Fill your roster and don't go after only elite recruits.

PM Thor
05-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Good luck. What world are you in anyway?

It is a ton of fun, and yet very, very frustrating.

Example. I'm in DIII, starting 4 seniors, playing 3 guys who are rated very, very highly. No other team in my conference has as many guys rated as high as me. One other team has 2 that are close, but that's it.

I have 6 guys on offense who have As in IQ, and 7 guys on defense who have As also.

Yet I am 3-7, with an RPI of 256. I simply do not understand it.

PM Thor
05-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah, as for recruiting.

I don't recruit anyone over 300 miles at most in DIII. I stay under 200 almost always. Do not get into a recruiting war with someone who has lots of spots to fill, has a higher prestige, or has a big distance advantage either. Basically don't get into recruiting wars, it's not worth it.

Don't be afraid of the Red Shirt. I try to RS one player a season.

My biggest thing for recruiting is Work Ethic. I don't go after anyone under 40. Ever. There might be players out there who look great, but without a big WE they won't progress very quickly.

The forums on WIS are very informative, but use the search button for your questions. That group of regular posters over there are very obnoxious and don't cut new guys any slack whatsoever. I don't like their attitude.

D-West & PO-Z
05-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Good luck. What world are you in anyway?

It is a ton of fun, and yet very, very frustrating.

Example. I'm in DIII, starting 4 seniors, playing 3 guys who are rated very, very highly. No other team in my conference has as many guys rated as high as me. One other team has 2 that are close, but that's it.

I have 6 guys on offense who have As in IQ, and 7 guys on defense who have As also.

Yet I am 3-7, with an RPI of 256. I simply do not understand it.

Yes it is very frustrating, I know the feeling.