PDA

View Full Version : IU

MADXSTER
05-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I was just thinking about IU and how thier roster will fill out next year. Here is their 07'-08' roster.

Armon Bassett - gone
DeAndre Thomas - gone
D.J. White - gone
Jordan Crawford - staying
Brett Finkelmeier - ???
Jamarcus Ellis - gone
Lance Stemler - gone
Eric Gordon - gone
Brandon McGee - gone
Mike White - gone
Eli Holman - gone
Adam Ahlfeld - gone
Kyle Taber - staying - he's a walk on

Coming in:
Roth
Williams
Pritchard
Dumes

cinskyline
05-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Where did D.J. White go?

It's gonna be a long next year in Bloomington.

Swifty
05-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Where did D.J. White go?

It's gonna be a long next year in Bloomington.

White graduated. And you can remove the ? by Stemler's name, he graduated as well.

OX09
05-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Wow, maybe I could walk on. I'm sure I've got a year of eligibility left...

Juice
05-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Granted the Big Ten is not a very deep conference but where do these guys finish next year?
Teams we can assume that probably will be better: OSU, Purdue, Michigan St., Minnesota (??), Illinois, Wisconsin
Teams that probably will not be: Iowa, Northwestern, Penn St., Michigan

I am guessing, at best, a 7th place finish within the Big Ten.

MADXSTER
05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
On IU's board they are predicting a 5 - 10 win season for next year. They are saying regardless of the season they are going to stick with and support the team.

Muskie
05-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I find it hard to believe IU will be THAT bad (traditionally play a very weak non-conference). But they certainly don't look to be very good, unless some of these freshman step up big time.

Juice
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Muskie, I think they will be that bad because their freshman class is not that good. They do not have an Eric Gordon to step up and lead a team. I am not saying the incoming class will be bad all four years, but they are not ready to play significant minutes or all the minutes for a Big Ten team that is used to being competitive.

Muskie
05-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Possibly Juice... but some of those recruits were going to Marquette (Big East). I'm sure they're somewhat talented. You may be right though. They will struggle in the early going that's for sure. It could be similar to what Iowa went through this year under Todd Lickliter.

OX09
05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
They just added a point guard out of Illinois, Verdell Jones. He is ranked 127th recruit overall by Rivals.

MADXSTER
05-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Branden Mcgee is now gone.....academics.

XU05and07
05-23-2008, 07:23 AM
On IU's board they are predicting a 5 - 10 win season for next year. They are saying regardless of the season they are going to stick with and support the team.

I find it hard to believe IU will be THAT bad (traditionally play a very weak non-conference). But they certainly don't look to be very good, unless some of these freshman step up big time.

Let's buy a game from them...we need some cupcake games on our schedule

ballyhoohoo
05-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Word is they may land Emmanuel Negedu. He played on Indiana Elite AAU, same program as a few from Batesville, I do nto know how much stock to put in it but word around town is he is headed to IU, he list his hometown as Bloomington, born in Africa. PLayed at Brewster with Lyons.

Would be a Huge get for IU, that combined with so Many newcomers you would hope IU's scholies woudl be limited for '09.

MADXSTER
06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Nice article on Crean. You also pretty much get the whole scoop in regards to the IU transition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=AlOJyQ0xOXbq_yUZD7rQT0HevbYF?slug=jn-crean062008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Indiana's 2008-09 roster features just two returning players from last year's squad – and they averaged a combined 0.8 points. The Hoosiers' six signees all have solid reputations, but you won't find their names at the top of any Top 100 lists.

When Crean arrived in April he discovered the current players were failing a combined 19 classes.

Even worse was the overall lack of discipline that was rampant throughout the program. Players weren't showing up on time for meetings, and there were off-court issues that Crean declined to discuss because of student privacy laws.

"The good thing is that there's a genuine thrill about Indiana basketball right now. In a way we're starting from scratch, but when it comes to tradition, we're starting right from the top. When you're counting the number of programs in the country that have our kind of tradition, you don't have to use your second hand.