PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Guard Suspended

Muskie
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
AOL Sports (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/28/university-of-buffalo-guard-suspended-for-write-my-paper-faceb/)

"University at Buffalo basketball player Andy Robinson posted the following on Facebook last week:

"I am paying anybody who have read the book 'there are no children here' by Alex Kotlowitz $30-40 which in some classes you have to read at UB (even more money if you have to read the book a little more!!) to write a 3-4 page paper, on a couple questions which was assigned." Aside from demonstrating that the University at Buffalo admits students who lack a grasp of basic grammar, the Facebook post has Robinson in hot water with the school, the Buffalo News reports (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/331430.html)."

WOW...

cinskyline
04-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Good lord.

cinskyline
04-28-2008, 10:22 PM
By the way, maybe he ought to read this book. He might appreciate his life a little more.

I haven't read the book, but saw the movie version of this a while back. Wow.

boozehound
04-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Excellent grammar. I had to read the post a few times before I could even understand what he was trying to say.

That's really sad. He's at Buffalo, so odds are not great that he is going to make a living playing professionally. He will have to find something else to do, and he doesn't seem able to capitalize on the opportunity for free education. It seems like some remedial courses would really benefit him.

blobfan
04-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Excellent grammar. I had to read the post a few times before I could even understand what he was trying to say.

I read it several times and didn't quite get it, but based on the rest of the article can tell what's going on.

Anyone read his response? I'd bet real money he didn't come up with this one on his own:
“I realize I made a mistake for which I take full responsibility and realize I must regain the trust of my teammates, fellow student-athletes and coaching staff,” Robinson said in a statement released by the university. “I have brought disappointment in myself and the university and for this I am truly sorry.”

With students posting pictures of their drunken escapades for future employers to see and sending naked pics/vids to cell phones for others to forward/post, we should not be surprised a so-called student/athlete would be so dumb as to violate university policy on a widely visited forum.