PDA

View Full Version : M. Wilbon on the NFL Draft

GuyFawkes38
04-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Here's a classic from Michael Wilbon on the NFL Draft:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/26/AR2006042602690.html

The only difference between him and I is that I also hate the NFL in general.

PM Thor
04-25-2008, 11:39 PM
He is absolutely right. The draft is a joke really. Hell, Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round! These guys are trying to prognosticate something, and many times they are just wrong, wrong, wrong.

JAX 3758
04-26-2008, 02:25 AM
I would literally take a bullet to the chest for michael wilbon

love that guy

Jumpy
04-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I see his point, and I have mixed feelings. I get geeked because of the possibilities for the Bengals. I do not, however, go overboard. I don't watch the countless ESPN specials leading up to the draft, I don't obsess over mock drafts, I don't buy draft guides and I really don't care about who other teams take as long as it isn't a guy I would like the Bengals to draft.

I'll watch the first hour or so of the draft today, and actually it's on in the background right now. Once the Bengals are done with their first pick, it's off to knock a few bullet points off the honey do list. Then I'll track their picks through text messages from ESPN.

Kahns Krazy
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
The only thing longer than the first round of the NFL draft is that freaking article. Who cares that you hate the draft? Just don't watch it. I hate women's hoops. I have solved this by just not watching any. I certainly don't dwell on it in a 1,200 word article.

I am not really interested in the draft. It is, however, a newsworthy event. I had it on in the background Saturday and Sunday. There are some interesting player stories.

Does Wilbon only have one channel on his TV? Is he really that pissed that the same people who get excited enough about sports to watch his rediculous show to begin with are interested in a major event in the NFL? Those people are the reason you have a job, Wilbon. You have no right to bitch.

Raoul Duke
04-28-2008, 12:24 PM
My only gripe with the draft is Giant Talking Bird Man Mel Kiper. As I type this, he is sitting somewhere talking about the 2009 NFL draft.