PDA

View Full Version : Bonnies may get Moeller kid

Juice
04-24-2008, 09:19 PM
"Moeller basketball senior Michael Davenport has narrowed his college choices to five Division I schools. Crusaders coach Carl Kremer said Davenport will choose from among Eastern Kentucky, St. Bonaventure, Wofford, High Point and Western Kentucky.

Kremer said Davenport will visit EKU this weekend, then St. Bonaventure. Those are his only scheduled trips for now. Davenport has had "between 10 and 12" D-I college offers and hopes to choose a school by sometime in May, Kremer said.

Davenport, a 6-foot-3 wing, averaged 11 points and 4.5 rebounds a game this season. He was Ohio D-I second team all-state, first team all-district and GCL South defensive player of the year." - Enquirer

I liked watching him play the few games I saw. There was talk Dquesne was an option but I guess not anymore. I would have liked to see him go there and not to the Bonnies, which I believe is one of the layers of hell that Dante refers to. Wofford would be cool to see since Brad Loesing (St. X) is going there as well.

PM Thor
04-24-2008, 09:24 PM
If I was Michael Davenport, I would tell his kid to go to Western Kentucky out of those picks.

In fact, I think it's a pretty easy pick, to be honest. Close to home, good program...

XU05and07
04-24-2008, 10:44 PM
If I was Michael Davenport, I would tell his kid to go to Western Kentucky out of those picks.

In fact, I think it's a pretty easy pick, to be honest. Close to home, good program...

Damn...I read the list and said "if I was Michael Davenport, I would go to Western Kentucky"...then I moved down on the page and saw you said it the same way...thanks for beating me to it

mr. zimpher
04-25-2008, 12:35 AM
This kid can play. He wasn't heavily recruited much due to to the fact that he burst on to the scene pretty late. He was a role player on the 2006 state championship Moeller team. He was the second or third option this season as the leading scorer from above mentioned title team was returning. When McDowell (leading scorer) went down w/ an injury early in the year, Davenport stepped up HUGE. This kid is just an athlete with an ability to be around the ball and then score it. I would have loved to have seen X in on him but the schollies were all but gone and Davenport was only able to showcase his potential for about 3 months instead of 3 years because he was buried in such a deep high school program. Case in point... http://youtube.com/watch?v=CBF1h882zYw

XU 87
04-25-2008, 09:02 AM
"Moeller basketball senior Michael Davenport has narrowed his college choices to five Division I schools. Crusaders coach Carl Kremer said Davenport will choose from among Eastern Kentucky, St. Bonaventure, Wofford, High Point and Western Kentucky.

Based on past history, I'm surprised that Dayton isn't listed with those schools. Just last year, they stole a player from High Point.

Juice
04-25-2008, 09:27 AM
The more I think about Davenport the more I think of the way Stanley played his senior year. A player who is willing to take a secondary role to play good defense that the teams needs. Davenport is capable of scoring but it wasnt his primary concern like it was not Stan's this past season.

I have no idea if Davenport will pan out but I just see a lot of similarities between their styles of play.
They are also similar in size.

DC Muskie
04-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I hope the kid goes to SBU. We need all the good players we can get in this conference.

cinskyline
05-07-2008, 07:05 PM
It's official. Davenport is going to St Bonaventure:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/SPT0301/305070087/1078/COL02

XURunner85
05-07-2008, 07:15 PM
He should do well there...I am sure it helped that Mark Schmidt use to coach ast X and knew about Moeller and what talent has come out of there....but there is a misconception written above that this is Michael Davenport former Xavier player's kid, I thought that too until I read an article in the Enquierer in March and he is not Michael's on unless he changed his name.....

Juice
05-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Well the bright side of watching X play the Bonnies will be being able to see some local talent. This might generate some mild interest in St. Bona for me by interest I mean check the box scores.

Swifty
05-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Only thing is that in the article he says how happy he is to come home and play Xavier each year, but unless somehow St. Bona moves into our pod like with GW, St. Joes, and Dayton he will only get to come here twice.