PDA

View Full Version : OK State about to name....

xavierj
04-16-2008, 06:40 AM
a coach and it sounds like Travis Ford. As weird as it may seem those around OK St. apparently had no clue and got a tip from Sean Miller. It seems that they all thought that Billy Gillespie & Sean Miller were the ones they were after (they all wanted Sean bad and thought he was the guy), but when contacted Sean apparently said he did not interview but knew someone that did. Now it is not known for sure that it is Travis Ford but that is what who they think it is. I thought it was kind of interesting.

Jumpy
04-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Where did you find all this out?

Muskie
04-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Where did you find all this out?

Rumor and innuendo on the rivals boards. However, Sean's name in the story is a new twist I didn't see yesterday.

MHettel
04-16-2008, 11:15 AM
The post title certainly suggests that this is based on more than rumor.

I'll wait to see it on ESPN.

Tardy Turtle
04-16-2008, 11:24 AM
From ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3349529)

Looks like it's a go.

PM Thor
04-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah ESPN is running a ticker on it.

Now what for UMass?

Jumpy
04-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Yeah ESPN is running a ticker on it.

Now what for UMass?

They could always bring in Kelvin. You know, to take them to that next level like Calipari did.

Jumpy
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Man, I just read the Espin article. What craptastic timing. If this happens, he will be more hated in Chowderland than Thad Matta was here.

XU 87
04-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Nothing like signing a new contract and then breaking it a week later.

XU05and07
04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
I am withdrawing my name from candidacy for the UMass position...I just couldn't do that to the players and fan base here at X

GoMuskies
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
I still think Ford is quite overrated. What exactly has he done at UMass that has made him such a hot commodity?!? He didn't even get them to a single NCAA Tournament. Kind of a weak hire for OSU in my opinion.

xavierj
04-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree with that. He must have people in high places like Rick Pitino and people at UK pushing him to these jobs. It must suck for Oklahoma St. fans when you start out talking Bill Self and end up with Travis Ford after everyone else told them to get stuffed. Maybe that Boone character is not the best guy in the world to be calling the shots of your athletic programs. They thought they would land a big time guy just because they were throwing out crazy money and they end up with a guy who has been mediocre at best. I guess it is not all about money.

xufan02
04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Look for Mike Jarvis, Fran Frachilla, and/or Tim Welsh to be hired.

Muskie
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Jamie Dixon to Umass... Sean Miller to Pitt... book it...

anyway..

The Artist
04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Man, I just read the Espin article. What craptastic timing. If this happens, he will be more hated in Chowderland than Thad Matta was here.

You're right, they probably will be upset, but I don't know if they should be angry with him. It's one thing if he had this in the works the entire time. It's another thing if he signed the extension, and then got the offer.

The timing dictates the reaction in my opinion. When he said he was staying, at that time he may have believed so.

American X
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I still think Ford is quite overrated. What exactly has he done at UMass that has made him such a hot commodity?!? He didn't even get them to a single NCAA Tournament. Kind of a weak hire for OSU in my opinion.

That is what I have been asking.

Slim (T. Boone) pickings if T-Ford is the best thing out there.