PDA

View Full Version : UK's Mr. Wildcat

XU05and07
04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Not a Kentucky fan...but I thought that this is an amazing story. True dedication to the program and passion for the game. 44 years as the equipment manager spanning from Rupp to Gillispie

UK's Mr. Wildcat Passes Away (http://news.nky.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/b2/20080401/SPORTS03/804010457)

After I read this story, I went back and watched the "One Shining Moment" from last night because I believed that he was in it. At the 0:35 mark, I believe they show him on the sidelines which could have been done in honor of his passing or just by chance.

Some nice words from Tubby Smith:
“Words can not describe what Mr. Keightley has meant to me and many others that have been involved with Kentucky Basketball.

"Mr. Keightley has been a confidant to so many coaches that have had the good fortune to sit along side him. That is what it has been, us sitting next to him, not him sitting next to us. No one will ever love Kentucky Basketball more than Mr. Keightley.

"A few years back, he began writing his book of stories about UK Basketball. For those who did not know him personally, hopefully his book of memoirs will allow them the opportunity to learn about his legacy, one that can never be replaced.

"In my years with him, he taught me so much about life. We have certainly lost a great treasure in his passing.

"He has always had a way of being able to pick you up when things were down.

"I know his spirit will continue to be with me and all Wildcat fans, players, managers and coaches. He is certainly loved by many, and will be missed by all.”