PDA

View Full Version : Memphis or Kansas? No idea.

joebba
04-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Both of these teams were very impressive yesterday. I definitely think the two best teams in the nation are in the championship this year.

I guess I would give Memphis a slight edge becuaase they handily beat their last two opponents.

I do not think Xavier would have fared too well against either of these teams in the tourney this year. Jeez, UCLA looked silly vs Memphis. That was one fast paced gave at the beginning.

It should be a good final this year.

jdm2000
04-06-2008, 08:15 AM
As someone has pointed out that Sean and Calipari are close--plus Memphis is non-BCS--I'll be rooting for the Tigers. And they are pretty fun to watch play. CDR and Rose are going to be good pros.

Stonebreaker
04-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Gonna come down to game-time execution.

Muskie
04-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I can't stand Memphis or Calipari. I just can't.

The Artist
04-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Kansas is too good defensively. They win by 10+

XURunner85
04-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I think Memphis wins this one....I think they have everything going there way....it would be a nice way for Rose to leave for the NBA with an NCAA championship....

jdm2000
04-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I can't stand Memphis or Calipari. I just can't.

That's understandable. But the more the whole BCS/Non-BCS turns into "haves vs. have-nots," I find it hard to root against a team who plays in the 15th rated conference or whatever. I want Memphis, Xavier and Gonzaga to become the elite trinity of non-BCS programs. (Swap out Gonzaga for whoever you would like there.)

cinskyline
04-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I think Memphis will win. The North Carolina game will have taken too much out of Kansas, and I think the Jayhawks will struggle offensively. Although, if the game is close, Memphis' questionable FT shooting could also come into play......

wkrq59
04-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Kansas has depth and plays in a tougher league. Both teams like to fly up and down the court. When they run, both teams are at their best. It's going to come down to shooting and rebounding. If you're hitting shots, the other team can't run.
Memphis big man can really rebound and control the boards at both ends. Kansas neutralized Hansborough for the most part and ran him to death. If they do that to Memphis, it's over early.
Memphis has one thing going for it that's tough to beat when combined with their talent--the "us against the world, we get no respect syndrome" that Calipari has drilled into his kids heads.And I think Bill Self is not quite as good a motivator as Calipari. But he is a better bench coach. I wonder if Kansas can continue its torrid shooting of Saturday night. But then it's hard to miss when you're shooting uncontested layups or three-foot shots .
I figure it'll be a close game decided by free throws and that means Kansas wins. But the way Memphis has been shooting free throws in the tournament, it's a pick 'em

MADXSTER
04-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I was never a Calipari fan either. That is until I listened to him speak on several occasions. I was surprised to find that he & I were pretty much on the same page regarding players. Maybe it was just coaches talk but it did make an impression. it does make me feel better that Miller likes Calipari as well. Kinda confirms my thoughts.

I'm rooting for Memphis.

XUglow
04-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I have Kansas to win in my bracket, but I would be happy to see Memphis win.

U of Memphis has won 18 more games than the Grizzlies, and they have lost 55 less.

XU05and07
04-06-2008, 06:43 PM
The "talking heads" were saying this was going to be the best Final Four ever because all 4 #1s were involved...well both games yesterday were disappointing.

I just want a good game in the final...I want a close, memorable game. A lopsided game will just make the Final Four more disappointing and leave me waiting for next year

X-band '01
04-07-2008, 06:56 PM
If Memphis does win tonight, hoiw long do you think Calipari coaches at Memphis? He'll never have a better look at a national title outside of a BCS school, and if he meets the challenge tonight, where does he go from here? I don't see him making another run in the NBA anytime soon.