PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hansbrough is good

MHettel
04-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Although I already knew that.

He was named AP POY, and I read the article. Thats the first time I realized that he averaged 22.8 ppg this year; the most at UNC since 1970. He also drew 42 charges- that seems like an awful lot. Heck it seemed like Cage drew alot of charges, but I don't think he ever averaged over 1 per game.

He has ALREADY scored 2151 pts in his 3 year career. 2000 pts is pretty rare territory, and most guys that get it do it as seniors. Heck thats more than Sato scored, and probably pretty close to DWests career totals.

If Hansbrough stays in school to be a senior, he'll need to score about 800 pts to break the 3000 pt total. Thats unheard of. I know there are a handful of guys that have done it, and only Mr. Maravich comes to mind (did it in 3 yrs!), and possibly Austin Carr.

So 800 pts to score and probably 36 games to do it. He needs to average 22.2 ppg to acheive this. Just below his average this year.

I'd like to see him do it.

chico
04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Not sure how accurate this list is, someone with better googling skills than me can probably find a better list, but here's the all time scoring leaders.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Top_ten_all_time_NCAA_basketball_scoring_leaders

I remember they used to have this painted on the wall of the old All for One club up in the recesses of the Gardens - B. Larkin was about 18th at the time.

Muskie
04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Although I already knew that.

He was named AP POY, and I read the article. Thats the first time I realized that he averaged 22.8 ppg this year; the most at UNC since 1970. He also drew 42 charges- that seems like an awful lot. Heck it seemed like Cage drew alot of charges, but I don't think he ever averaged over 1 per game.

He has ALREADY scored 2151 pts in his 3 year career. 2000 pts is pretty rare territory, and most guys that get it do it as seniors. Heck thats more than Sato scored, and probably pretty close to DWests career totals.

If Hansbrough stays in school to be a senior, he'll need to score about 800 pts to break the 3000 pt total. Thats unheard of. I know there are a handful of guys that have done it, and only Mr. Maravich comes to mind (did it in 3 yrs!), and possibly Austin Carr.

So 800 pts to score and probably 36 games to do it. He needs to average 22.2 ppg to acheive this. Just below his average this year.

I'd like to see him do it.

I'd like to see it as well. Although can you imagine the build up on ESPN. What's UNC's schedule look like OOC? Could he pile up a ton of points early?