PDA

View Full Version : Crean's Buyout was $525k

dc_x
04-04-2008, 01:48 PM
http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=1894

Apparently, the buyout clause in Crean's contract was much less than originally thought. IU must have felt bad because they kicked in an extra $125k and ended up paying MU $650k.

I hope Miller's buyout is significantly larger than this.

Crean's new buyout at IU starts at $3m.

XU 87
04-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I think I've read that Miller's buyout is $2 million. That seems a little high, so I don't know if that's accurate.

dc_x
04-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I think I've read that Miller's buyout is $2 million. That seems a little high, so I don't know if that's accurate.

I've heard the same, but since XU is not a public school, the terms of the contract are not public information.

Marquette fans thought that Crean's buyout was in the $2-3m range, but it turned out to be much lower.

mookycxu
04-04-2008, 01:55 PM
any word on where Bassett and Ellis are supposedly looking to go?

Muskie
04-04-2008, 02:53 PM
The Marquette boards would have you believe that it was higher and Crean is picking up the leftover.

MADXSTER
04-06-2008, 04:58 PM
My understanding was that before Miller signed his last contract extension, it was Miller who who wanted the $2 mill dollar buyout clause inserted. It was his way of showing appreciation and also that if he did ever leave, he wanted to make sure Xavier would be in a good situation to seek out another coach. He didn't want to leave the monetary cupboard bear.

XU05and07
04-06-2008, 06:39 PM
any word on where Bassett and Ellis are supposedly looking to go?

Word is that they are talking to Crean to get reinstated...IMO, I think it was a little out of line for the interim coach to dismiss 2 players, especially if he was trying to get the permanent gig.

XU0001
04-06-2008, 06:45 PM
According to espn.com Bassett is interested in talking to Crean but Ellis has yet to contact the new coach. IMO it was out of line for Dackich to dismiss them, but how many chances do these guys need before they get dismissed. It may be in Crean's best interest to have no returning starters this upcoming season so he can start things fresh. It will take sometime for him to rebulid there but he has to do it on his own terms with the players he chooses. If theat includes Bassett or Ellis so be it.

Cheesehead
04-07-2008, 07:08 AM
For what it's worth, the Milwaukee paper was also reporting that Miller's buyout is 2 million.

Muskie
04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Word is that they are talking to Crean to get reinstated...IMO, I think it was a little out of line for the interim coach to dismiss 2 players, especially if he was trying to get the permanent gig.

Word around town is that Dakich had the full support of the AD when he dismissed them. Then in true Greenspan fashion, he waffled and decided he wouldn't stand in the way if Crean wanted to reinstate them. There's also a good chance that Dakich will remain at IU in some capacity as he has a guaranteed contract that runs through next summer.

XU05and07
04-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Word around town is that Dakich had the full support of the AD when he dismissed them. Then in true Greenspan fashion, he waffled and decided he wouldn't stand in the way if Crean wanted to reinstate them. There's also a good chance that Dakich will remain at IU in some capacity as he has a guaranteed contract that runs through next summer.

That smells like Lute Olsen and Kevin O'Neill...not going to end well

Muskie
04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Well it's a little different. Dakich is a Knight guy (he played and was an Asst). He's held in high regard by members of the Old IU guard (this last couple of months not withstanding).
Dakich was brought in as Director over Sampson's objection for just the type of scenario we saw. He's a Cream and Crimson guy through and through. It's yet to be determined whether he's also Crean & Crimson through and through.