PDA

View Full Version : Thor: Stupid?

Billy
04-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Is Thor stupid for renewing his Bengals Season Tickets?

gladdenguy
04-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Have to say no because I did and will continue to do the same thing.

xeus
04-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Is renewal of his Bengals season tickets all we are allowed to consider?

Kahns Krazy
04-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm with Xeus. Thor is a dope for more reasons than a poll will let you list. However, if Thor gets pissed about our wins during our elite 8 run, he should be prepared to be pissed for about 17 weeks come football season.

Muskie
04-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I say no... If Thor's a Bengals fans, then he should support his team. No matter how bad they are. If you haven't heard Chad Johnson's latest interview in response to Marvin Lewis' comments yesterday, find it. It's worth it.

PM Thor
04-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I am a dope for this upcoming year. It's true. I looked at it this way. This was my last year to pay for my seat license, and I was not going to renew.

But I have had one guy say he would buy half the year from me, and others who said that they would take the other games off my hands if I wanted to sell them too.

Sooo, I can get rid of the tickets right now if I want, and hold onto the seat for the next year too. Probably roll the tickets to friends then too, all the while holding onto the seat license.

So am I a dope, or brilliant? Doprilliant.

Muskie
04-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Brilliant... that's what happens to my X tickets when i can't make it.

xeus
04-03-2008, 12:24 PM
If you haven't heard Chad Johnson's latest interview in response to Marvin Lewis' comments yesterday, find it. It's worth it.

Here's a link to Mo's blog which has the interview.

Chad ... bigger dope than Thor? (http://www.thelotd.com/moegger/blog)

PM Thor
04-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I think I just became the new DC Muskie.

XU05and07
04-03-2008, 12:34 PM

dead hookers in your trunk, too? you need to find a better hiding place

nuts4xu
04-03-2008, 12:47 PM

You can't get laid either?

Thor's spelling prowess might cause people to think he is less than smart. His decision to drive a Jeep Wrangler as a practical source of transportation, could lead you to believe he isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier. His anger over Xavier wins might even cause you to think he is a big dope.

But his choice of license plates makes up for his occasional stupidity.

Kahns Krazy
04-03-2008, 12:47 PM
So am I a dope, or brilliant? Doprilliant.

More dope, less brilliant.

Dopent.

DC Muskie
04-03-2008, 12:50 PM

You don't have a girlfriend or an ipod either?

Muskie
04-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I may be opening a can of worms... but .... (treading lightly)... how did the whole dead hookers in the trunk thing start?

DC Muskie
04-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I may be opening a can of worms... but .... (treading lightly)... how did the whole dead hookers in the trunk thing start?

A long time ago, on Pablo's board I posted something about getting kicked out of a softball game arguing with an umpire. I then asked fellow Musketeer fans how to resolve the issue in the future. Homeskillet I believe, came up with the idea of a dead hooker filled with vodka, or something and dumped in the trunk of his car. Then it took off. We were sending dead hookers to Tubby Smith, to Rick Pitino, you name it.

In all actuality since I work in social services now, I try not to reference anything to do with hookers, since there are occasions when I actually help them. Anyway, it just sort of took off like six years ago now I think. Back when I was engaged, that's for sure.

Raoul Duke
04-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I say no... If Thor's a Bengals fans, then he should support his team. No matter how bad they are. If you haven't heard Chad Johnson's latest interview in response to Marvin Lewis' comments yesterday, find it. It's worth it.

Actually, I just got done watching Chad's interview on espn and have to say I agree with him. I don't agree with everything he's done or said in the past, but I think in that interview he was dead right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3326416&categoryId=2459789

Smails
04-03-2008, 01:18 PM
"I try not to reference anything to do with hookers, since there are occasions when I actually help them. "

Anyone care to take a swing at that belt high meatball?

Billy
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM
"I try not to reference anything to do with hookers, since there are occasions when I actually help them. "

Anyone care to take a swing at that belt high meatball?

It's been my long-standing policy not to poke fun at DC Muskie.

Muskie
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
A long time ago, on Pablo's board I posted something about getting kicked out of a softball game arguing with an umpire. I then asked fellow Musketeer fans how to resolve the issue in the future. Homeskillet I believe, came up with the idea of a dead hooker filled with vodka, or something and dumped in the trunk of his car. Then it took off. We were sending dead hookers to Tubby Smith, to Rick Pitino, you name it.

In all actuality since I work in social services now, I try not to reference anything to do with hookers, since there are occasions when I actually help them. Anyway, it just sort of took off like six years ago now I think. Back when I was engaged, that's for sure.

Finally a mystery has been solved for me.

PM Thor
04-03-2008, 04:39 PM
You don't have a girlfriend or an ipod either?

I have one of the two, but it is sometimes too loud in my ear and sometimes I misplace it. Fun to play with though, and it holds a lot of useless information.

DC Muskie
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I help hookers by giving them ipods.

XU 87
04-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Actually, I just got done watching Chad's interview on espn and have to say I agree with him. I don't agree with everything he's done or said in the past, but I think in that interview he was dead right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3326416&categoryId=2459789

Do you think he's right about his contract complaints that he made in the other interview? The guy just signed a new multi-million dollar contract and he's complaining about it already. I think he comes across looking as a complete a-hole. This isn't about the team doing better. He's pissed that he is not making $8 million per year instead of 7. This entire "dispute" is an attempt to get traded so he can renegotiate his contract.

As far as his complaints about the team, while they may be true, what a hypocrite he is. He wants the team to win but he refuses to come to the "voluntary" camp. He is a selfish self-centered player.

Stonebreaker
04-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Going to games is good times. Have fun Thor. Just stay clear of Henry vandalizing all the cars in the parking lot.

Juice
04-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Do you think he's right about his contract complaints that he made in the other interview? The guy just signed a new multi-million dollar contract and he's complaining about it already. I think he comes across looking as a complete a-hole. This isn't about the team doing better. He's pissed that he is not making $8 million per year instead of 7. This entire "dispute" is an attempt to get traded so he can renegotiate his contract.

As far as his complaints about the team, while they may be true, what a hypocrite he is. He wants the team to win but he refuses to come to the "voluntary" camp. He is a selfish self-centered player.

He feels that he is not being paid enough, so what does he do? He skips the voluntary workouts and loses out on $250,000 bonus. The logic of most professional athletes is astounding.

boozehound
04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Every time the cap goes up they all want more money. He was fine with the contract 2 YEARS AGO, and now that the signing bonus is paid, and somebody is making more money than him, it is a huge issue. You signed the contract. Play football. It's not like the guy is making $900k/year (which is still a lot of money to most people).

Raoul Duke
04-03-2008, 07:45 PM

No, I don't think he's right about the contract complaints or the voluntary camp. But neither of those points were brought up.

AdamtheFlyer
04-03-2008, 09:05 PM
If Thor's stupid, I'm stupider. I'm buying season tickets for the first time this year.

Jumpy
04-04-2008, 07:30 AM

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner! I always had a bad feeling that the relationship between Chad and the Bengals would end badly. and now that it is, I just want it to be over. I don't care if that leaves TJ as our #1, I just want him out of here.

That aside, I think Thor is a brilliant man. I, myself, have renewed for this coming season. For me, the fun is in the tailgating more than anything. Lately, the game has just served as a place to sober up.

gladdenguy
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Jumpy, I can't agree with you more.
This year, I will continue to arrive at Longworth at 7am tailgate til game time and go home and watch the game.
I'm selling every ticket unless they miraculously start to win games.
I refuse to spend additional money inside the stadium but I will continue to renew my tickets and enjoy tailgating.

Kahns Krazy
04-04-2008, 10:52 AM
If Thor's stupid, I'm stupider. I'm buying season tickets for the first time this year.

Much like the poll choices, the second part of your statement is irrelevant. Look at your damn moniker, fer chrisssakes.

In all seriousness, Chad/Chris drama aside, there is nothing in town like a Bengals game. I was at some of the Reds playoff/world series games in 1990, and it's like that at every Bengals game. I sat through some really bad football, but game days are still a good time.

Unless I have travel conflcts, I will likely be at every game again this year.

MADXSTER
04-06-2008, 09:44 PM
I help hookers by giving them ipods.

Now that's funny.

Dead or Alive, There's always a need for a hooker.

Kahns Krazy
04-07-2008, 11:04 AM
I have nothing to add to this thread. I just like seeing "Thor: Stupid?" at the top of the list.

Snipe
04-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread. I just like seeing "Thor: Stupid?" at the top of the list.

I am kind of miffed about the need for a question mark in the title of this thread.

X-band '01
04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd like to know just where I can get Lucas Oil in Indianapolis. I usually go there about 2 or 3 times a month for work; I have yet to see a gas station around there that I know of that's affiliated with LO.

vee4xu
04-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Thor is the consummate die-hard fan. I think it's great that he is so committed to his team. So I say go for it Thor!! Too bad for you though that my Brownies are poised to win the AFC North this coming season. ;-)